Hasson & Wong ~2000 Grafts

Der3k7

Just now, Der3k7 said:

Pre op and 10 months

There's a very noticeable difference and tbh you should be happy. I know your previous surgeries probably made you very anxious and self conscious and disappointed but this procedure has been successful. 

Just now, Spidey said:

There's a very noticeable difference and tbh you should be happy. I know your previous surgeries probably made you very anxious and self conscious and disappointed but this procedure has been successful. 

Yeah it has I just can only Imagine how good my hair could be if I had used all my grafts with wong

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 3:42 PM, Der3k7 said:

It’s interesting cuz I’ve missed so many days of application. I need to be better about it. Literally like half the days I miss 

The way to tell if your hair's improvement is the topical dut or not is to look at your systemic levels of DHT. I don't think the medication has much regional effect, it's mechanism is more likely systemic -- ie. oral minoxidil for me was much more effective than topical. But doing biopsies of your hair and immunofluorescent stains is probably not in your practical budget so until head to head studies come out this is all just inductive reasoning and podcast level broscience. 🫠

I think you should let your hair loss pattern stabilize with a consistent medical regimen for at least 1 year before considering another procedure, which it sounds like you're doing if you're waiting till Nov 2024. Otherwise you're filling a bucket of sand with a hole in the bottom.

Focusing on docs with a track record of patient submitted cases showing repairs similar to what you're looking for is also a good idea. Gabel, Cooley, Feriduni and Couto have had some superstar level revisions on the forums.

Also no more perms. 😇

To clarify what I mean: most DHT comes from the liver and prostate, not from the hair follicle.

This study showed a 10-15% difference in growth rates for oral fin vs topical (oral being better) and a 21% difference in serum DHT (55% vs 34%). So almost a 1:1 ratio, allowing for variations in measurement accuracy. The finasteride was being absorbed from the scalp systemically, just not as well as orally, and had an impact on hair that was roughly proportional to this decreased efficiency of intake.

In any case, good luck whatever you decide, hope your hair growth is as fertile as your tinder lay count. 🫡

Edited by consequence

1 hour ago, consequence said:

The way to tell if your hair's improvement is the topical dut or not is to look at your systemic levels of DHT. I don't think the medication has much regional effect, it's mechanism is more likely systemic -- ie. oral minoxidil for me was much more effective than topical. But doing biopsies of your hair and immunofluorescent stains is probably not in your practical budget so until head to head studies come out this is all just inductive reasoning and podcast level broscience. 🫠

I think you should let your hair loss pattern stabilize with a consistent medical regimen for at least 1 year before considering another procedure, which it sounds like you're doing if you're waiting till Nov 2024. Otherwise you're filling a bucket of sand with a hole in the bottom.

Focusing on docs with a track record of patient submitted cases showing repairs similar to what you're looking for is also a good idea. Gabel, Cooley, Feriduni and Couto have had some superstar level revisions on the forums.

Also no more perms. 😇

Yeah no more perms yeah I’ll be on xyon and minoxidil most days. And yeah November next year will be 2 years after the last surgery with wong I plan to go to wing again it’s not really a revision or repair just need more grafts to reinforce some thin spots along hairline, corners, behind hairline, crown, and potentially some thinning strips in mid scalp. He said we can do 1000 grafts but I’m gonna see if maybe we can do 1250-1500 cuz honestly when I look at my head in the mirror it looks like I could benefit from more transfer of density from throughout the back of my scalp to reinforce the thinnest spots all throughout my head but we will see what he says when he sees me in person next November 

3 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

it’s not really a revision or repair just need more grafts to reinforce some thin spots along hairline,

I guess if you define a revision as going back in and extracting follicles then sure, but it's a little bit of semantics. Definitely look into the other names I listed. Bayes theorem might suggest broadening your horizons. 

I had a good result with wong and he’s one of the highest regarded as well. Do you think these other surgeons are better than wong? I thought about couto but I was hesitant because of lack of patient posted results on here

• 3 weeks later...

@Der3k7 skin density meaning you can shave your donor area to zero guard without showing the scar? I need some help, because I debating if I should get fue into my fut scar, but I am afraid the fue scar might show. I would like to keep my hair short like guard 1 without showing the scars. So I am wondering what other dr Wong patient’s fue scar look like. 

do you have a pic of your donor area shaved to guard 1 or zero by any chance? Thank you for your help

2 hours ago, Needhelpwithscar said:

@Der3k7 do you have pictures of your hair short now?your hair is quite long in the photos. Would love to see how short someone can go around the donor area without showing the scars thanks!

I have these photos I use to show barbers how to cut my hair as reference

IMG_5406.jpeg

IMG_5409.jpeg

IMG_5404.jpeg

IMG_5407.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Samson1 said:

There's a huge difference in those photos Derek, I know you want more, but this surgery was clearly a success!

What's your total graft count now?

Yea I agree and I am happy with the progress made with this one. Just some more reinforcement in the hairline and corners and some in the mid scalp and then in crown will really help a lot with my last concerns next November with wong again. 

I believe in total around 9500 grafts. However for the first 7400 of them the yields were fairly low so many of them were wasted. This surgery had the least amount of grafts and yet I notice the biggest difference 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 7:08 PM, Der3k7 said:

Yea I agree and I am happy with the progress made with this one. Just some more reinforcement in the hairline and corners and some in the mid scalp and then in crown will really help a lot with my last concerns next November with wong again. 

I believe in total around 9500 grafts. However for the first 7400 of them the yields were fairly low so many of them were wasted. This surgery had the least amount of grafts and yet I notice the biggest difference 

Your donor looks in great shape for that many grafts!