Hasson & Wong ~2000 Grafts

Der3k7

Noticeable improvements mate, but relax a bit! Seems like you’re focusing on day-to-day progress rather than month-to-month. Stressing will make it fall out again 😉

I’ve watched your progress for the last few years since erdogan. Hopefully this one will resolve your hairline issues.. you have to think long term now and balance the remaining grafts for the mid n crown.. to have some coverage later on in life.. you don’t want that little island of hair with gaps around it later.. 

but I think the way your hair sticks upwards, gives it more volume, even if you get older and without anymore grafts.. some toppik will still make your hair look awesome .. best wishes  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Pre op

3.8 months 

5.4 months 

keep in mind improvement is commingled with xyon

B039C75F-C3D3-4FDB-B772-096B4D005538.jpeg

on the pre op pic your scalp is wet and with a hairstyle to look more see through, while on the post op pics the light is less and the style is combed back. So different conditions between pre op and post op.
If there are harsh conditions in the pre op photos and light conditions in the post op photos, then the difference will look bigger. 

Edited by Gramatik

4 hours ago, Gramatik said:

on the pre op pic your scalp is wet and with a hairstyle to look more see through, while on the post op pics the light is less and the style is combed back. So different conditions between pre op and post op.
If there are harsh conditions in the pre op photos and light conditions in the post op photos, then the difference will look bigger. 

It’s actually not wet. I think it is just greasier. It is brushed back in the before as well, however I didn’t try to reduce the waviness as much and the hairs kind of waved away from the midline of the scalp that divides the left and right part of the head. but I understand what you mean

1 hour ago, Der3k7 said:

It’s actually not wet. I think it is just greasier. It is brushed back in the before as well, however I didn’t try to reduce the waviness as much and the hairs kind of waved away from the midline of the scalp that divides the left and right part of the head. but I understand what you mean

It looks like more wet in the pre op yea..Maybe more greasier...In the pre op photo the hairs are combed in a way that devides the left and right part of your scalp which it makes it to look worse...while in the post op photos the hairs are combed back which gives better coverage.
So what i want to say is that your difference from post op to pre op would be less if the same conditions were applied on both pre op and post op photos.

Edited by Gramatik

On 4/17/2023 at 10:32 PM, Der3k7 said:

4 top vs 5.25 bottom months in this position 

2C6096F7-EA0B-46D9-B8E2-38522AED66B3.jpeg

Notice that the hair at the front is angled more diagonally in the first photo, which always makes it look denser. Second photo looks thicker despite the hair being angled more vertically. Definitely looking good.

16 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

It’s very see through 

9F5540E0-C702-4D40-B1FF-082D4DE1A0BF.jpeg

8CB2F8E7-CCE0-48C0-9F87-7CDC3CE58902.jpeg

It is see through, but it’s only half way done. I would expect about 25% more density to come, since I’d say about 50% of the hair is from prior transplants and natives.

You have great hair texture for achieving lift and coverage. I appreciate the good quality photos. Would you be able to take pictures outdoors in sunlight?

Yeah I can do that too. Wong said if I want more density in the hairline I can do another surgery after 12 months. I will probably wait more like 2 years so I have more time financially to spread it out. But ya if it remains see through I’d probably wanna do a small surgery to help increase density in that area a bit. My brown seems to be filling in nicely currently and with xyon we will see how it changes. Ava the extra year will allow me to see if the xyon is stabilizing my hair loss. 

• Administrators

Xyon really improved the midscalp. 
The hairline and crown are filling in nicely. I think you’ve grown a bit slower. Are you on minoxidil?
7F8DFA9A-0DCF-4921-BCFB-F371C43EAD7A.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Xyon really improved the midscalp. 
The hairline and crown are filling in nicely. I think you’ve grown a bit slower. Are you on minoxidil?
7F8DFA9A-0DCF-4921-BCFB-F371C43EAD7A.jpeg

No just doing xyon I’m switching to dutasteride in 3-4 weeks

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

No just doing xyon I’m switching to dutasteride in 3-4 weeks

Try oral minoxidil, it definitely helps your hair grow faster. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

12 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Try oral minoxidil, it definitely helps your hair grow faster. 

Do you recommend any subscription services or cheapest way to get a monthly dose of minoxidil shipped to me? I just saw Ro does it for $30 monthly but I wonder if there is a cheaper service?

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Do you recommend any subscription services or cheapest way to get a monthly dose of minoxidil shipped to me? I just saw Ro does it for $30 monthly but I wonder if there is a cheaper service?

I buy a 90-day supply from CVS for $20 I got a script from Dr. Pan at Parsa Mohebi 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...