Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024

Just now, Madhur Vansil said:

With just 1 year experience on the base package ..it seems a little risk though only on our own mind but did you got the chance to see the results produced from Dr Vinita , Dr Anil etc included in base package ?

No I didn't see the results. I believe the quality is still kept to Eugenix standards. It's just that one is paying the discount for the lower experience. 

20 minutes ago, EricEdwards said:

The current packages are as follows:

1 Comprehensive Package

Procedure Lead By – Eugenix HT either Doctors Mona Lisa, Doctor Vinita or Doctor Anil.

All have similar experience - 1 year plus experience with Eugenix and over 500 surgeries each.

75 Indian Rupees +18% Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Eugenix HT Doctor and further assisted by their Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor

2 Exclusive Package - Procedure Lead By – Eugenix HT Dr Somesh

120 Indian rubles +18% tax

Doctor Somesh has approximately 3 years experience with Eugenix and over 1400 surgeries.

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Senior Eugenix HT Doctor and further assisted by the Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor.

3 Premium Package

Procedure Lead By – Dr Priyadarshini Das

Cost Per Graft – 210 Indian Rupees + 18% Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Priyadarshini Das and further assisted by the Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor.

4 Super Premium Package with Dr Arika Bansal/Founding Surgeon

Procedure Lead By – Dr Arika Bansal

Cost Per Graft – INR 350 + 18% Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Arika Bansal and further assisted by the Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the doctor.

5 Dr. Pradeep Sethi’s Flagship Package

Based on the complexity of the case and Dr Sethi’s availability

Dr Pradeep Sethi will decide his involvement based on the complexity of the case [subject to approval and availability] 

All of the above exclude the required blood tests which cost an additional INR 4000-5000 +18% Tax (€70 approximately).

Overall, I was quite impressed with the patience and information provided by the clinic team. They listened to my requirements and gave a frank outline of the benefits and limitations.

So in all packages doctors do only the slits?? And extraction, implantation of grafts are done by technicians…?

It seems like even if you pay the most expensive package for dr arika the extraction will still be done by techs and not by her….

Edited by Jackdaniels

Just now, Jackdaniels said:

So in all packages doctors do only the slits?? And extraction, implantation of grafts are done by technicians…?

It seems like even if you pay the most expensive package for dr arika the extraction will still be done by techs and not by her….

Fair point and I'd say that's a question for Eugenix directly. 

1 hour ago, Madhur Vansil said:

With just 1 year experience on the base package ..it seems a little risk though only on our own mind but did you got the chance to see the results produced from Dr Vinita , Dr Anil etc included in base package ?

I didn't see the results of the said doctors. Perhaps they'll be published by patients on this forum as time progresses.

Hello everyone. Have some more 3.5 months pics to share. Looks to me like solid progress for 3.5 months. My treatment regime is the following: finasteride every other day; minoxidil and RU58841 daily; ketoconazole shampoo every other day. Plus moisturizer daily for scalp health.

IMG_6414.thumb.jpeg.7a262cf34dbd84b9b19244557671b719.jpeg IMG_6426.thumb.jpeg.7deda06306636037a496fa0efced9448.jpeg 

IMG_6546.thumb.jpg.5cd8cfa99049faa89fa509c8eb19f131.jpg

That said, for anyone who read the early talk about the procedure design, there was area in the lower crown that Dr. Das and I agreed not to address in this procedure because of the amount of grafts and size it would add to the entire procedure, and wait to see if that area would recover from further medication (at the time of the transplant I had been on finasteride for about 7 full months).

It is clear to me at this point that this lower crown area is not going to improve any further with finasteride + minoxidil. Male pattern baldness is simply too strong in my genes and has done its damage. I've been taking finasteride now for 12 months and since I have no major side effects, I will of course continue to take it to further protect the entire head from DHT, but I think to expect any lower crown regrowth going forward would be unrealistic.

Looking ahead, I will be embarking on a new career journey in the 2nd half of 2023 and my schedule and ability to travel and attend to things like this will become less under my control. Therefore, I think I want to address this remaining area with more grafts, before the summer, while I can still go anywhere and do anything whenever I want.

I think that my donor area at 3.5 months looks great, and despite our early worries about how many grafts we could ultimately take from it, when grown out to this length it looks visibly very great to me:

IMG_6490.thumb.jpeg.5b443e61aac38156406aaaad3ade40b0.jpeg IMG_6497.thumb.jpg.792123fe1023067902b10c53e2420962.jpg

So, with 4,000 grafts already taken from scalp donor, I would think that another 1,000-2,000 could be taken. As I've said from the beginning, even if this entire back area was visibly thinned, it wouldn't bother me as much as it might bother some people. I care far more about hair on top of the head for aesthetic appearance. I could absolutely accept visible thinning in the donor area, so long as it's done uniformly and not in uneven patches. Most people when they are looking at your head, they are not evaluating the back of your head for density or style. There are multiple options to handle that area including actual shaving, fading, SMP, or growing longer to hide extractions. And most people are not looking at the back of your head much.

I'm already fully invested in this journey so might as well keep going to max out what we can max out while it's most convenient for me.

Here is the back in unflattering lighting. The area above the black line has been taken care of already, at least decently well. Maybe more grafts could be added for more density if necessary. But the area outlined in red is what I will want to address. I just want this area to be more uniform with the area beneath it; the back of the head. Uniformity always looks better, even if thinner, and considering most of my donor area is still pretty thick and dense, it seems like we can do a redistribution here and further even out things across the scalp.

IMG_6484-marked.thumb.jpeg.a029e3dc7434c2c3ffb261932487b6e9.jpeg

I plan on discussing with Eugenix if this is an option we can move forward on, preferably before the summer. Anyone have an opinion on how many grafts might need to be moved to try to even things out between this area and the donor area? I think 1,000-2,000 could do it. I also have beard hair which could be used again, if necessary. 

1 hour ago, general-etwan said:

Hello everyone. Have some more 3.5 months pics to share. Looks to me like solid progress for 3.5 months. My treatment regime is the following: finasteride every other day; minoxidil and RU58841 daily; ketoconazole shampoo every other day. Plus moisturizer daily for scalp health.

IMG_6414.thumb.jpeg.7a262cf34dbd84b9b19244557671b719.jpeg IMG_6426.thumb.jpeg.7deda06306636037a496fa0efced9448.jpeg 

That said, for anyone who read the early talk about the procedure design, there was area in the lower crown that Dr. Das and I agreed not to address in this procedure because of the amount of grafts and size it would add to the entire procedure, and wait to see if that area would recover from further medication (at the time of the transplant I had been on finasteride for about 7 full months).

It is clear to me at this point that this lower crown area is not going to improve any further with finasteride + minoxidil. Male pattern baldness is simply too strong in my genes and has done its damage. I've been taking finasteride now for 12 months and since I have no major side effects, I will of course continue to take it to further protect the entire head from DHT, but I think to expect any lower crown regrowth going forward would be unrealistic.

Looking ahead, I will be embarking on a new career journey in the 2nd half of 2023 and my schedule and ability to travel and attend to things like this will become less under my control. Therefore, I think I want to address this remaining area with more grafts, before the summer, while I can still go anywhere and do anything whenever I want.

I think that my donor area at 3.5 months looks great, and despite our early worries about how many grafts we could ultimately take from it, when grown out to this length it looks visibly very great to me:

IMG_6490.thumb.jpeg.5b443e61aac38156406aaaad3ade40b0.jpeg IMG_6497.thumb.jpg.792123fe1023067902b10c53e2420962.jpg

So, with 4,000 grafts already taken from scalp donor, I would think that another 1,000-2,000 could be taken. As I've said from the beginning, even if this entire back area was visibly thinned, it wouldn't bother me as much as it might bother some people. I care far more about hair on top of the head for aesthetic appearance. I could absolutely accept visible thinning in the donor area, so long as it's done uniformly and not in uneven patches. Most people when they are looking at your head, they are not evaluating the back of your head for density or style. There are multiple options to handle that area including actual shaving, fading, SMP, or growing longer to hide extractions. And most people are not looking at the back of your head much.

I'm already fully invested in this journey so might as well keep going to max out what we can max out while it's most convenient for me.

Here is the back in unflattering lighting. The area above the black line has been taken care of already, at least decently well. Maybe more grafts could be added for more density if necessary. But the area outlined in red is what I will want to address. I just want this area to be more uniform with the area beneath it; the back of the head. Uniformity always looks better, even if thinner, and considering most of my donor area is still pretty thick and dense, it seems like we can do a redistribution here and further even out things across the scalp.

I plan on discussing with Eugenix if this is an option we can move forward on, preferably before the summer. Anyone have an opinion on how many grafts might need to be moved to try to even things out between this area and the donor area? I think 1,000-2,000 could do it. I also have beard hair which could be used again, if necessary. 

To me that sounds like a good plan

2 hours ago, Judelaw said:

Looks good but be careful saying you don’t mind a visibly thinned donor area with hair on top. It’s a look not found in nature and would draw more attention than a bald spot on the crown. 

With all due respect, this is a look that will never look bad, for example:

636501DD-26CF-48DD-82BD-F71C1A980AF6.jpeg

I understand that some range of medium length hair in the donor could look bad if thinned out too much. The idea then would be either to keep it shaved super short all the time or grow it out longer. No middle ground. And yes there is the possibility of tiny dot scars being visible when shaved, but I’ve seen some cases of that here and it doesn’t look that terrible, and in my mind could possibly be mitigated with some SMP to give appearance of more consistent hair tone throughout the area. All things I will have to keep in mind going forward. 

Edited by general-etwan

10 minutes ago, honey21790 said:

this guy have no scars in the donor he can do anything

Comments included about that. There are cases on this site with tiny dot scars shaved; some look not bad at all and wouldn’t look alarming to the general public. But definitely will be careful and not impulsive when planning future work out.  

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

You’ve got quite a lot of hair in that lower crown area. Finasteride might not get it where you want it to be, but surgery into that area might be tricky. If Eugenix feel they can get in there without harming native hair and you can get a couple thousand extra grafts then that should do the job nicely!

• Valued Contributor

I would definitely give the scalp 12 months post op before having a second surgery. It will allow you to know exactly what you are working with because rarely is there ever a one and done. You may find weak spots that may be better served with finite grafts. It’s impossible to find this out without giving the process a full 12 months. The other benefit is that it will give your scalp a good one year to heal fully. All the best! 

• Like 1

@general-etwanyeah just wait a bit. Eugenix reluctantly gave me a quote for my crown too haha. Was so happy to hear only 2k needed.

And as you recommended to me on Reddit, I'll jump on Rogaine now, but I'll hold off on that RU58 thing.. will just keep it simple with Rogaine and then fin after the 2.5 years

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

The area in your lower crown is with a lot of thinning blonde hairs, making it look different than your donor and the upper crown, which have darker hairs. These hairs will be lost in the future, if finasteride wont keep them. I would tell you to wait until 9 months from your first procedure to arrange your second one. Because some areas in the first procedure may need more grafts for better coverage..

On 1/9/2023 at 2:53 AM, general-etwan said:

I think you’re right on track …from eyeballing your donor from the back alone Im feeling more like north of 2,500 grafts available ..even up to 3K..

I’m still a fan of the skin fade …and I’ve had 9.2K scalp grafts ..doable nowadays just like you said .

I enjoy your updates best of luck 

• Like 1

• Administrators

The lower crown is tricky. I also agreed not to address it to see how medication would improve it. It’s too soon to tell for me, but there’s a possibility I may need to address it as well. But I also agree with @Berba11 you have a lot of hair, although miniaturized, it’s a lot. Surgery may be tricky. Shock loss may be brutal.

Have you tried growing your hair out? I bet grown out the difference is negligible. Also, fading into the thin areas would camouflage any disparity. 

Watch this video

A good fade and blend can get rid of that lower problem area.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I appreciate the comments everybody.

I decided to buzz the back and sides yesterday for fun. Note it's not professionally faded and just what I did myself in a mirror so of course it's not great ;). And no wet shave, just buzzed down with a trimmer with no guard. This is what we're looking at:

IMG_6588.thumb.jpeg.4d24d604569a94615197c15bf436fae1.jpeg IMG_6601.thumb.jpg.16c2022064ce8a3e7141cd10faab869c.jpg

I'm very happy with the appearance at this point. Not worried and feeling confident in giving another 1,000-3,000 towards another redistribution. 

Melvin: I haven't grown out my hair longer because despite the logic that you shared, that lower crown area does trail behind the area below it visually, and so like you stated, it needs to be faded upward constantly to prevent it looking bad. But I've been so busy that I don't do that right now; I am still a hat wearer for now so I don't attend to it constantly. 

Edited by general-etwan

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

I appreciate the comments everybody.

I decided to buzz the back and sides yesterday for fun. Note it's not professionally faded and just what I did myself in a mirror so of course it's not great ;). And no wet shave, just buzzed down with a trimmer with no guard. This is what we're looking at:

IMG_6588.thumb.jpeg.4d24d604569a94615197c15bf436fae1.jpeg IMG_6601.thumb.jpg.16c2022064ce8a3e7141cd10faab869c.jpg

I'm very happy with the appearance at this point. Not worried and feeling confident in giving another 1,000-3,000 towards another redistribution. 

Melvin: I haven't grown out my hair longer because despite the logic that you shared, that lower crown area does trail behind the area below it visually, and so like you stated, it needs to be faded upward constantly to prevent it looking bad. But I've been so busy that I don't do that right now; I am still a hat wearer for now so I don't attend to it constantly. 

Hmm, maybe I should film a tutorial. I think you went up too high. You should stop right here. 

6C621FB5-6987-4789-8AEA-288F3EA9A167.jpeg

Once the crown is grown out a bit you could blend into #2. Keep the bottom a zero middle a #1.  I wouldn’t recommend going so short, because you have to blend the demarcation line so it fades gradually into where its thicker. 

Here’s how I did it. The bottom portion was very thin. But blended it wasn’t as visible. A31F578B-797F-4C8B-8FAF-66CE90A9E85D.jpeg6F2E8CAF-0320-4CF4-8EDE-D98BAD85B65D.jpeg

This was years ago before I had any grafts placed in my crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Hmm, maybe I should film a tutorial. I think you went up too high. You should stop right here. 

6C621FB5-6987-4789-8AEA-288F3EA9A167.jpeg

Once the crown is grown out a bit you could blend into #2. Keep the bottom a zero middle a #1.  I wouldn’t recommend going so short, because you have to blend the demarcation line so it fades gradually into where its thicker. 

Here’s how I did it. The bottom portion was very thin. But blended it wasn’t as visible. A31F578B-797F-4C8B-8FAF-66CE90A9E85D.jpeg6F2E8CAF-0320-4CF4-8EDE-D98BAD85B65D.jpeg

This was years ago before I had any grafts placed in my crown.

I tried to make fun of my unprofessional job but maybe wasn't clear enough lol. No tutorial necessary. I sure did go up too far. But I'll have to either set up a complex mirror system in my bathroom and attend to this myself or visit a barber every few days to get the proper fade and keep it maintained. Might be an option short term, but long-term I think the distinction between my lower crown (heavily miniaturized and thin) vs the donor area (still thick and hairs haven't lost diameter length) is so vast that it will have to be addressed. I'll see what Eugenix thinks they could do in the future and we'll go from there.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Steeeve said:

Didn’t you make a video a few years back?

I made a fade video, but never one about blending into the crown. I do think a good barber could blend it though. @general-etwan Let me know if you need any help. It's not a terrible job. I've been cutting my hair now for a few years, keep trying, you will get better.

• Like 3

View my thread