Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024

56 minutes ago, EricEdwards said:

Incredible result. This profile journey is my benchmark for considering the job there.

Mine too. Well, I already did mine, and am exactly 4 months behind Etwan. My hair color is right in between this and Bandit's. But because I had the same "do it once, do it right" approach as Etwan (whereas bandit had a two-step procedure) I am following this very closely and hope for frequent updates 😃

Edited by Xanadu

On 2/25/2023 at 8:26 AM, Murat-kz said:

Very cool! Put some topik on it Man! Just for curiosity. I am sure you will have full head of hair! At least something close to it!

I think it's fantastic. It's really good. Realistic and natural

1 hour ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll see a lot of skeptics. So happy its turning out to prove them wrong. good stuff! @general-etwan

Yeah, I think some people get super perfectionist in this entire world of hair. In reality, most adult men do not have perfect heads of hair; the majority show some amount or area of loss, and for those of us who had so much of our natural youthful expectations aggressively taken away from us, our main goal is simply to get a good amount of hair back on our heads that looks presentable.

I honestly can’t really even put into words how renewed I feel, after not even 6 months. The change in confidence and personal acceptance is indescribable.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Yeah, I think some people get super perfectionist in this entire world of hair. In reality, most adult men do not have perfect heads of hair; the majority show some amount or area of loss, and for those of us who had so much of our natural youthful expectations aggressively taken away from us, our main goal is simply to get a good amount of hair back on our heads that looks presentable.

I honestly can’t really even put into words how renewed I feel, after not even 6 months. The change in confidence and personal acceptance is indescribable.

That's great to hear mate. I am looking forward to your next pics.

On 3/4/2023 at 3:32 AM, general-etwan said:

I think you did manage to put it into words my friend in 1st paragraph.

i think you have articulated in words why people to go for HTS. Without writing an easy. Period. 👏🏼👏🏼

6 hours ago, Xanadu said:

I guess you can expect a density somewhat similar to this guy.

You had a slightly bigger area covered but also more grafts than he did.

Yeah, here’s his 12 months update. Looks great. If I get to approximately that point I think I may be completely fulfilled and satisfied, or at least as close to it as possible with the one big procedure I’ve already had!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Yeah, here’s his 12 months update. Looks great. If I get to approximately that point I think I may be completely fulfilled and satisfied, or at least as close to it as possible with the one big procedure I’ve already had!

Yes, the area which was covered looks good after 12 months. Let's hope you have the same density.

On 3/5/2023 at 4:09 AM, general-etwan said:

Etwan. You are ahead of me in the timeline. I would be curious to learn what your thoughts are now that you are almost 6 months in? What about the current state makes you insecure? Any contexts where you feel comfortable not using hat or anything? If your remaining issue is density, then how much more density do you think you would need to feel secure to not use a hat in social situations? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 2/25/2023 at 5:02 PM, Xanadu said:

Looks like quite a change to me already...

Etwan.png

Damn 🤯

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/9/2022 at 6:57 PM, Berba11 said:

I think most blokes would be happy with a homogenous, thinner look across the midscalp & crown knowing that they have good framing of the face and the ability to pad-out the thinner areas with some product, styling & fibers. It'll also be a look that a patient will grow into very naturally as the thinner look in those areas will be totally age appropriate down the line.

Totally agree on this. Sure everyone would love a nice crown and no thinning but at the end of the day 99% of the interactions that matter are face to face where framing matters. If anything the midline right behind the hairline would be most important to support the fulness from the front. And of course, IMHO, temples are the best bang for the buck.

• Like 2

Hey y'all! I'm good, just been busy with some different things and starting a new job.

Growth has continued to come in consistently well. 6 months:

IMG_8270.jpg.42b66b617d661957cc3e590a98a9f496.jpg IMG_8274.thumb.jpg.1d27593145f05875e217056252dbc417.jpg

IMG_8275.jpg.6741500f2d084a942d907692cb58138d.jpg

I'm struggling with styling since I never had hair to style as an adult. Crazy to think but true. 

My goal is to eventually be able to grow it to something close to this:

IMG_8279.thumb.jpg.28cdd69b9dbfd97310f092dae6d80f49.jpg IMG_8280.jpg.47e801918a442e5ebb97b8ef40ef7807.jpg

Obviously the density of my scalp will never be the same as someone who does not suffer from MPB, but do you think I could get relatively close to this hairstyle if I let it keep growing? I have some sea salt spray and might try another styling powder that can help increase volume and perceived density.

My biggest challenge now going forward is the rear lower crown area. No recent pics, sorry, but as discussed before, that's the area that has suffered significant thinning and was not targeted with this HT. When I get a fresh cut, my entire scalp can look properly tapered, but it'll depend on constant short haircuts and when I want to let it grow longer, that'll be a problem because the lower crown area will look flat when it should be thicker compared to the lower back of the head for a proper taper.

Eventually I may inquire about a 2nd HT to address that lower crown and try to settle on as uniform of a density across the entire head as possible. Will be something to think about come this summer...

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 1

5 hours ago, Xanadu said:

It looks to be improving. Are you happy with the front and the hairline?

Yep, hairline looks about as good as I could have ever expected. Looks natural, no doubles or triple grafts, growing in great. I'm very glad I put my trust in the team at Eugenix to do it right! I just can't wait for it to grow even longer so I can cover the forehead.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 12:15 AM, general-etwan said:

4.75 months, laying flat with no product in:

IMG-4619.thumb.jpg.683fc4827c5556642833f78a1fd0219d.jpg

IMG-7398.JPG.76ad50a523e9b33995a7e849e2cc86fe.JPG

IMG-7397.thumb.JPG.b79f261ad568222712e10cf40d5b7c59.JPG

IMG-7362.thumb.jpg.5573e1c667fa724c38d8789b20936a9e.jpg

IMG-7360.thumb.jpg.08d0db04866ba21f2ce74dd146e04c83.jpg

@Eugenix Hair Sciences How we lookin?!

I'm following your post with great interest as I've a similar hair state to yours (pre op). The result is very impressive. The only thing that's stopping me is the hormonal intervention, namely finasteride, as I don't want to take it. I'm 46 and hoping my balding has settled.

On 3/28/2023 at 4:23 AM, general-etwan said:

Yep, hairline looks about as good as I could have ever expected. Looks natural, no doubles or triple grafts, growing in great. I'm very glad I put my trust in the team at Eugenix to do it right! I just can't wait for it to grow even longer so I can cover the forehead.

Are there any areas where you don't think the hair filled in as much as you would have hoped for?