Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024

56 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

Ugh. Hadn't heard of this. Don't they have a way to titrate or estimate the amount needed so this does not happen?

Everyone's scalp is different. They gave me a ton and kept giving it. Whole face was a balloon afterward. Doesn't matter, my scalp still resisted it a lot.

Edited by general-etwan

2 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Oh yeah, I should clarify the actual injections weren't too bad at all. But the actual insertions of grafts was extremely painful as the anesthetic kept wearing off.

Ahh. Yes, I had some of that too. It didn't hurt more than I could handle, and they kept asking me if I wanted more injections, but it wasn't worse than I decided to mostly just let them continue. But yes, that did hurt a bit sometimes. Still, I do not regret not telling them that it hurt, but it still was fine.

One thing about this review is a bit confusing to me

On January you posted picture, which presented problem in lateral hump area similar to this that you post presently. This is picture from January : spacer.png

Then 3 weeks later, you started posting pictures like this : 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And everyone was like "amazing!!", "what a change!!!"  etc. 

But now when i looked closer at this pictures, i realised that there is something odd with color of your hair at lateral humps area. This color is different then rest of hair and it looks unnatural. I am 99 % sure that this is artifical color of fibers. So you used fibers and then made this photos, didn't you? 

Now you posted pictures like this

spacer.png

spacer.png

On this photos everything looks natural, color of hair is normal. And this current photos present similar recession on lateral hump that on  the photo from January. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

2 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

One thing about this review is a bit confusing to me

On January you posted picture, which presented problem in lateral hump area similar to this that you post presently. This is picture from January : spacer.png

Then 3 weeks later, you started posting pictures like this : 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And everyone was like "amazing!!", "what a change!!!"  etc. 

But now when i looked closer at this pictures, i realised that there is something odd with color of your hair at lateral humps area. This color is different then rest of hair and it looks unnatural. I am 99 % sure that this is artifical color of fibers. So you used fibers and then made this photos, didn't you? 

Now you posted pictures like this

spacer.png

spacer.png

On this photos everything looks natural, color of hair is normal. And this current photos present similar recession on lateral hump that on  the photo from January. 

The hair in the lateral ridges and lower crown is a different tone because it's heavily thinned. Severe MPB consequences. No, I have never even purchased fibers; I have zero interest in using them. All of my pictures are raw and unedited, also. The best pictures above came from a professionally-faded cut from a great barber. Shows you really what an excellent haircut (that took 30-40 minutes btw) can do for you.

Here’s some more from around that time. You can see how the heavily thinned area appears a different tone:

IMG_8639.thumb.jpeg.3fdef37494d13bb7700bd6c1611bb6c1.jpeg IMG_8633.thumb.jpeg.83a53bcf9ca9c07b5d7d343b6811e93a.jpeg

IMG_8578.thumb.jpeg.a1a94de0aa70111f8f222fff9c72da8e.jpeg

Not sure how hard I should go on you. Let me start by just saying you should probably quit the out of line negative contributions here and keep them contained to your own situation, if that makes sense.

Edited by general-etwan
added pictures
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Anyway way you look at it, he would’ve required a second HT. Ethan strikes me as a very smart, meticulous person. He’s also a young guy. I understand why he would prioritize on his hairline first, especially since he still has some (albeit) thin hair in the lateral humps.

Personally, I don’t believe he would’ve been happier with a high hairline. When I look at the placement of the photoshop it makes him look a lot older. Older men get a hair transplant to look younger. Young men get hair transplants, to look their age. The mindset and psychology is a lot different. The goal should be to get him to look his age. That was successfully done. Now, that he has a foundation, time to fill in the cracks. Look forward to the next journey. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Here’s some more from around that time. You can see how the heavily thinned area appears a different tone:

IMG_8639.thumb.jpeg.3fdef37494d13bb7700bd6c1611bb6c1.jpeg IMG_8633.thumb.jpeg.83a53bcf9ca9c07b5d7d343b6811e93a.jpeg

IMG_8578.thumb.jpeg.a1a94de0aa70111f8f222fff9c72da8e.jpeg

Not sure how hard I should go on you. Let me start by just saying you should probably quit the out of line negative contributions here and keep them contained to your own situation, if that makes sense.

Ok so this photos are from the same time and have the same haircut : 

picture 1:

spacer.png

picture 2: 

spacer.png

But still 1st photo has normal color of hair, and 2nd photo has weird color, lighting looks pretty the same on both pictures. Am i the only one who sees this? 😅

I don't know what you were using or how you styled your hair, but you achieved the most flattering result. You didn't post picture 1 in that time, but picture 2. You had picture 1, it looked less flattering and you decided not to post it back then. Now you posted it and we see the  real situation. Just leave it at that. 

If i am too negative here, you can always report me to Melvin. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

picture 1:

spacer.png

picture 2: 

spacer.png

But still 1st photo has normal color of hair, and 2nd photo has weird color, lighting looks pretty the same on both pictures. Am i the only one who sees this? 😅

I don't know what you were using or how you styled your hair, but you achieved the most flattering result. You didn't post picture 1 in that time, but picture 2. You had picture 1, it looked less flattering and you decided not to post it back then. Now you posted it and we see the  real situation. Just leave it at that. 

I think the above photos have more to do with angles rather than fibres, Ethan takes the 1st picture higher up vs the 2nd which is more parallel to his face. I could make my humps look better depending on the angle (before the first procedure). Also, Ethan's miniaturised hair has a different colour, which is what you would expect. He is going to share his pre-op photos for his second procedure in the coming week, so not entirely sure this analysis is necessary. Let's do the right thing and be supportive of Ethan, as travelling halfway around the world for a cosmetic procedure takes its mental toll on you, and I imagine the last thing Ethan needs right now is to be defending accusations!  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

picture 1:

spacer.png

picture 2: 

spacer.png

bro relax.. its all about being supportive. especially to someone going to have his procedure soon. 🙂 this discussion about why a photo was not used/use of hair fibers is not beneficial. soon his pre-op pics will come, then we get the answer to your questions.

• Like 2

I've never read so much negativity and judgement in a single thread. We should all be supportive and kind to each other. We are all going through an emotional roller coaster with hairloss and have enough self judgement and criticism to be taking any more on board from others. 

Suggestions are fine but just leave them at that. 

Ethan has kindly chosen to share his journey and to provide continuous updates to this forum. He obviously has a plan on what he wants to achieve so instead so let's just get behind him and be supportive. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrmane85 said:

I've never read so much negativity and judgement in a single thread. We should all be supportive and kind to each other. We are all going through an emotional roller coaster with hairloss and have enough self judgement and criticism to be taking any more on board from others. 

Suggestions are fine but just leave them at that. 

Ethan has kindly chosen to share his journey and to provide continuous updates to this forum. He obviously has a plan on what he wants to achieve so instead so let's just get behind him and be supportive. 

7 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Anyway way you look at it, he would’ve required a second HT. Ethan strikes me as a very smart, meticulous person. He’s also a young guy. I understand why he would prioritize on his hairline first, especially since he still has some (albeit) thin hair in the lateral humps.

Personally, I don’t believe he would’ve been happier with a high hairline. When I look at the placement of the photoshop it makes him look a lot older. Older men get a hair transplant to look younger. Young men get hair transplants, to look their age. The mindset and psychology is a lot different. The goal should be to get him to look his age. That was successfully done. Now, that he has a foundation, time to fill in the cracks. Look forward to the next journey. 

I'm not sure if I agree here. Yes we are here to be supportive of one another Part of that is being honest and not kombaya. There are two separate issues here; one is how to proceed with the next HT to fix what is by anyone's measure an HT that was not approached the right way by the HT Doctor.. And to give Ethan some input (which may have been sorely lacking the first time around) on how best to achieve his goals.

We are also here AFAIK on a larger mission; to asses critically the work of HT Doctors so that others can choose wisely and well moving forward. And to hold those same Drs. accountable.

So Melvin I don't think the issue is whether or not Ethan would have been 'happier with a high hairline'.  Given the 'humps' he only had the foundation in the first HT for a higher hairline since it was 100% critical to address those sections first.  Do my mock-ups give him a higher hairline than he'd want at first? For sure. But they connect the top and bottom of his head for pete's sake, in a way that he could then bring his hairline forward with a second HT. That was the only correct decision, whatever Ethan's desire was at the time, and the Dr. should have insisted on that approach.  I say this in a 'larger mission' way since I too am considering Dr. Das and this decision is a major red flag for me.  I think it is an absolute 'mea culpa' result that she should own and do everytihng in her and Eugenix's power to rectify.

Older or younger, I would not want my hairline lowered with the cost being those sides. An HT shouldn't require good barbers and special haircuts to hide the outcome.

So yes, we want to support Ethan and help him get his HT on track. But being brutally honest that it was a bad HT and bad approach by the Doctor is, again AFAIK, critical to the mission of this board no? In hindsight I'd bet that Dr. Das wishes she had done the implants more along the lines of my mock-up and if she is worth her salt will learn from this. Most of her other work is stellar and if she can (and should) pull this one out with a second and/or third procedure she will cement her place as a top HT doctor.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

I'm not sure if I agree here. Yes we are here to be supportive of one another Part of that is being honest and not kombaya. There are two separate issues here; one is how to proceed with the next HT to fix what is by anyone's measure an HT that was not approached the right way by the HT Doctor.. And to give Ethan some input (which may have been sorely lacking the first time around) on how best to achieve his goals.

We are also here AFAIK on a larger mission; to asses critically the work of HT Doctors so that others can choose wisely and well moving forward. And to hold those same Drs. accountable.

So Melvin I don't think the issue is whether or not Ethan would have been 'happier with a high hairline'.  Given the 'humps' he only had the foundation in the first HT for a higher hairline since it was 100% critical to address those sections first.  Do my mock-ups give him a higher hairline than he'd want at first? For sure. But they connect the top and bottom of his head for pete's sake, in a way that he could then bring his hairline forward with a second HT. That was the only correct decision, whatever Ethan's desire was at the time, and the Dr. should have insisted on that approach.  I say this in a 'larger mission' way since I too am considering Dr. Das and this decision is a major red flag for me.  I think it is an absolute 'mea culpa' result that she should own and do everytihng in her and Eugenix's power to rectify.

Older or younger, I would not want my hairline lowered with the cost being those sides. An HT shouldn't require good barbers and special haircuts to hide the outcome.

So yes, we want to support Ethan and help him get his HT on track. But being brutally honest that it was a bad HT and bad approach by the Doctor is, again AFAIK, critical to the mission of this board no? In hindsight I'd bet that Dr. Das wishes she had done the implants more along the lines of my mock-up and if she is worth her salt will learn from this. Most of her other work is stellar and if she can (and should) pull this one out with a second and/or third procedure she will cement her place as a top HT doctor.

The reality being is that the humps take up a lot of grafts and to be able to achieve everything on a NW6/7 in one pass is just not realistic. Playing devil's advocate, would you want nice humps with an increased risk of an over-harvested donor? You are analysing this like a final result, whereas as a NW6/7 you have to work on a 3/4-year programme across three sittings. For example, you can take a look at my journey just before I went for the second sitting in October 2022, you would probably share the same sentiments as you do now towards Ethan, but would you say that now I’m 7 months after my second sitting. My point is there is a tonne of overthinking going on here when the reality is Ethan is about one-third through his hair restoration journey!   

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

The reality being is that the humps take up a lot of grafts and to be able to achieve everything on a NW6/7 in one pass is just not realistic. Playing devil's advocate, would you want nice humps with an increased risk of an over-harvested donor? You are analysing this like a final result, whereas as a NW6/7 you have to work on a 3/4-year programme across three sittings. For example, you can take a look at my journey just before I went for the second sitting in October 2022, you would probably share the same sentiments as you do now towards Ethan, but would you say that now I’m 7 months after my second sitting. My point is there is a tonne of overthinking going on here when the reality is Ethan is about one-third through his hair restoration journey!   

6 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

That is all well and good however the steps in that 3-4 YEAR program are critical. Maybe it is just me or some of the rest of us here but I'd take having the high hairline I already had and closing the humps which would look natural and then work on the front next. Not trying to be an a** here but now he is stuck with what looks highly noticeable and unnatural and IMHO worse than prior to the HT. It calls attention to the hairloss whereas shoring up the sides/humps as a foundation would not have. I get wanting to get to the hairline ASAP, I still think the Dr. should have managed expections first round and insisted on building forward.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

picture 1:

spacer.png

picture 2: 

spacer.png

You have been asked nicely, but that stops now. I’ve warned you before about this behavior. If you want to complain and make it about yourself, post on your own thread. Frankly, your behavior is unacceptable and you turn everything about you. This is my second warning, the third one will result in a permanent ban.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ready4Hair said:

Agree to disagree, you’re looking at it from your perspective. As I recall, you wanted to address everything in one surgery. This isn’t a finished result. This was a planned 2-3 step surgical plan. Ethan knew he was going back to address the other areas beforehand. But there was hope the laterals would thicken up. 

Furthermore, it is highly risky to transplant in between miniaturized hair. The risk of permanent shock loss is high, the result could have been a net positive or it could have looked worse. The lateral humps can take up to 1,000 grafts on each side. That means 2,000 grafts, which would have taken a lot of hair. There wouldn’t have been enough grafts for a hairline, midscalp and crown. 

Had he done the laterals, he’d have a high hairline, thin midscalp, a bald crown, and you would still feel the same way. Unfortunately, that’s the reality of Norwood 6/7s in one surgery, you will have bald spots. Eventually, he would have returned to address the crown, midscalp and lower the hairline. There isn’t a scenario where he’s not back in the chair. Personally, the hairline is the most important, as it’s the first thing you see. To me, that’s priority. But I respect your opinion.

• Like 1

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Agree to disagree, you’re looking at it from your perspective. As I recall, you wanted to address everything in one surgery. This isn’t a finished result. This was a planned 2-3 step surgical plan. Ethan knew he was going back to address the other areas beforehand. But there was hope the laterals would thicken up. 

Furthermore, it is highly risky to transplant in between miniaturized hair. The risk of permanent shock loss is high, the result could have been a net positive or it could have looked worse. The lateral humps can take up to 1,000 grafts on each side. That means 2,000 grafts, which would have taken a lot of hair. There wouldn’t have been enough grafts for a hairline, midscalp and crown. 

Had he done the laterals, he’d have a high hairline, thin midscalp, a bald crown, and you would still feel the same way. Unfortunately, that’s the reality of Norwood 6/7s in one surgery, you will have bald spots. Eventually, he would have returned to address the crown, midscalp and lower the hairline. There isn’t a scenario where he’s not back in the chair. Personally, the hairline is the most important, as it’s the first thing you see. To me, that’s priority. But I respect your opinion.

Sure, and he is free to choose which direction to go. And perhaps Dr. Das didn't realize how this was going to turn out.

As much as I'd like to do it all in one shot, I have a lot more to work with so doing the hairline and leaving the crown won't be as drastic.  I don't think in fact I'd feel the same way with the scenario you describe. I don't think it would look like something was *wrong*. No reason we can't acknowledge this was not an ideal approach ore result, that is what we are here for.

So now, yeah, the goal is to how to support Ethan in making the right choice for his next HT.

I personally am still on the fence re Dr. Das whole shebang or Dr. Dr. Freitas hairline. Judging on a couple of Dr. F's recent results here and this one by Dr. Das the needle moves a bit in Dr. F's direction. OTOH Dr. Das had some absolute home-runs. Thus, as with most of the rest of us here, I'm not just here for support of other HT patients (I am) but also to carefully dissect what is going on to make the right decision for myself.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You have been asked nicely, but that stops now. I’ve warned you before about this behavior. If you want to complain and make it about yourself, post on your own thread. Frankly, your behavior is unacceptable and you turn everything about you. This is my second warning, the third one will result in a permanent ban.

To be fair, GeneralNorwood is kind of doing a community service here. Maybe he could have been less accusatory about it.  But if people are posting pictures of their results that give an overly optimistic portrayal of their results (Compared to reality) whether through using fibers or using flattering angles/lighting, that should be mentioned. You have a duty when posting results to portray them accurately for future forum members doing their research. You've been very honest and deliberate about doing that in your own case Melvin, and it's highly appreciated so people can get a realistic expectation. In my own thread I recently posted two 6 month result pictures and made a point to say "Here's one in harsh lighting and conditions and here's another in flattering lighting and conditions". 

This forum is a lot less useful as a tool if people are posting flattering pictures. I don't think Etwan was deliberately trying to mislead anyone as obviously he later posted less flattering pictures later on, but I do think this is something the community needs to be concerned with especially when it comes to very difficult cases. The standard should be posting pics in sunlight so that there is a general standard people adhere to. For clinic posted results, it should be stipulated that there must be a video with a comb through. I don't really trust any of the clinic posted results on here tbqh, and I'm starting to not really trust patient posted results either.

As far as Eugenix, I don't think they ever should have taken this case. I'm sorry to be brutally honest here, but I think it's worth saying. Not everyone is a candidate for HT surgery. The strategy for the 2nd surgery seems not great either because there aren't enough grafts to fill in the balding area. But even if there were Etwan's balding is going to continue and eventually there will be a disconnect again between the donor and the recipient. I think Etwan has a great option to solve this by sticking with his haircut from April 12th, but one way or another over the long term he's going to need very regular fades to achieve a natural result. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

To be fair, GeneralNorwood is kind of doing a community service here. Maybe he could have been less accusatory about it.  But if people are posting pictures of their results that give an overly optimistic portrayal of their results (Compared to reality) whether through using fibers or using flattering angles/lighting, that should be mentioned. You have a duty when posting results to portray them accurately for future forum members doing their research. You've been very honest and deliberate about doing that in your own case Melvin, and it's highly appreciated so people can get a realistic expectation. In my own thread I recently posted two 6 month result pictures and made a point to say "Here's one in harsh lighting and conditions and here's another in flattering lighting and conditions". 

This forum is a lot less useful as a tool if people are posting flattering pictures. I don't think Etwan was deliberately trying to mislead anyone as obviously he later posted less flattering pictures later on, but I do think this is something the community needs to be concerned with especially when it comes to very difficult cases. The standard should be posting pics in sunlight so that there is a general standard people adhere to. For clinic posted results, it should be stipulated that there must be a video with a comb through. I don't really trust any of the clinic posted results on here tbqh, and I'm starting to not really trust patient posted results either.

As far as Eugenix, I don't think they ever should have taken this case. I'm sorry to be brutally honest here, but I think it's worth saying. Not everyone is a candidate for HT surgery. The strategy for the 2nd surgery seems not great either because there aren't enough grafts to fill in the balding area. But even if there were Etwan's balding is going to continue and eventually there will be a disconnect again between the donor and the recipient. I think Etwan has a great option to solve this by sticking with his haircut from April 12th, but one way or another over the long term he's going to need very regular fades to achieve a natural result. 

What service is he providing besides making this post about him. He’s already been asked nicely by the OP to go on his own thread. But he continues to post after being asked nicely. I think it’s important to respect individuals journeys. 

Here’s the truth, happy patients post pictures that highlight their hair. Unhappy patients post pictures that highlight their weakness. There should be a good mix of both. But the reality is you should post pictures of how you present yourself to the world. That’s the most realistic depiction of your results.

If he’s not a candidate, then I’m not a candidate, @Bandit90 isn’t a candidate, @Zoomster isn’t a candidate. List goes on. I was way worse off before my last HT. My donor was already depleted before restoring the lateral humps. My lateral humps were a lot more eroded as well. I believe Ethans on medication, so hopefully that will slow down his hair loss. But thankfully there’s some new drugs on the horizon like CosmeRNA, Scube3, HMI-115. 

I appreciate the dialogue between you and Readyforhair. I believe you guys have provided your input and opinions in a fair manner and stuck to the facts. Again, I followed pretty much the same game plan as Ethan, so maybe I’m biased in the planning. But it worked out in the end. There are many paths to achieve the final goal.

BEB89580-E873-44D6-9113-DE407B9B54E1.jpeg

• Like 8

View my thread

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I also didn't think GeneralNorwood had bad intentions. I thought the difference between that picture and where the lateral humps were barren were because he used fibers as well.

Regardless if he did or not, I think using fibers in that area would be a good plan, and the other grafts can then be used to fortify the hairline and other areas that people will directly interact with/see. 

I think OP has already come a long way from where he started and he should be over the moon with his results. I'm personally happy for him that things look to have turned out brilliantly, he looks a lot better and younger.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

I also didn't think GeneralNorwood had bad intentions. I thought the difference between that picture and where the lateral humps were barren were because he used fibers as well.

Regardless if he did or not, I think using fibers in that area would be a good plan, and the other grafts can then be used to fortify the hairline and other areas that people will directly interact with/see. 

I think OP has already come a long way from where he started and he should be over the moon with his results. I'm personally happy for him that things look to have turned out brilliantly, he looks a lot better and younger.

Agreed, huge aesthetic improvement. 

I actually think Etwan can be an inspiration to a lot of NW7 guys. If an individual is willing to rock a similar fade to the one he had from April 12th, almost ANYONE is a candidate for HT. I think it's risky to try and fill in all of the balding areas as a NW7 as I've made clear, but if you can live with a really high fade you can get a huge aesthetic improvement by framing your face, and it's also pretty much risk free. It's actually kind of a game changer I think. Just requires you to learn how to give yourself the fade so you aren't spending a fortune at the barber shop. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What service is he providing besides making this post about him. He’s already been asked nicely by the OP to go on his own thread. But he continues to post after being asked nicely. I think it’s important to respect individuals journeys. 

Here’s the truth, happy patients post pictures that highlight their hair. Unhappy patients post pictures that highlight their weakness. There should be a good mix of both. But the reality is you should post pictures of how you present yourself to the world. That’s the most realistic depiction of your results.

If he’s not a candidate, then I’m not a candidate, @Bandit90 isn’t a candidate, @Zoomster isn’t a candidate. List goes on. I was way worse off before my last HT. My donor was already depleted before restoring the lateral humps. My lateral humps were a lot more eroded as well. I believe Ethans on medication, so hopefully that will slow down his hair loss. But thankfully there’s some new drugs on the horizon like CosmeRNA, Scube3, HMI-115. 

I appreciate the dialogue between you and Readyforhair. I believe you guys have provided your input and opinions in a fair manner and stuck to the facts. Again, I followed pretty much the same game plan as Ethan, so maybe I’m biased in the planning. But it worked out in the end. There are many paths to achieve the final goal.

BEB89580-E873-44D6-9113-DE407B9B54E1.jpeg

First, I completely agree with Melvin, both about Etwan and about the stance towards GeneralNorwood. He is being far too insensitive and accusatory in many posts (not only this tread). 

Second, we are talking about what should be preferred in the first HT - a lower HL or full connection over the ridges or humps. I can see Ready's argument, but I think the alternative (which is what Etwan ended up doing) has at least as much merit. In a time of dating and pictures from ones life being taken left, right and center, Etwan can now have an age-appropriate persona in photos right from the very first HT. This is very important in that age. Would it be great to have the humps too? Sure, but I think on the balance they made the right choice for Etwan.

Third, was Etwan using fibres in that photo? Well, it was clear that it looked different. However, if we consider it more closely, one of the angles it was taken at allows some other hairs to shade/cover the missing part, making it look fuller than it is. Since those hairs only shade the area and don't grow there, the colour will look different and less dense. Secondly, and importantly, Etwan said that he didn't use fibres. I don't think etwan has ever given anyone reason to think he is lying. As such, he did not use fibres.

Fourth, I am really thankful to Etwan for his thoughtful and detailed posts and I have followed his journey closely. And I find it very unfair the treatment he has been given regarding the accusations. Thanks Etwan - I look forward to follow the next legs of your journey.

• Like 6

It's a shame that OP's results have stirred up so much grief in this thread but, for what it's worth, I think his results are fantastic considering his starting point. As a NW7 myself, I remember my hair's dying days and would do anything to go back to being able to fade my hair every few days. As a guy in his twenties or thirties, being married to a fade or any other haircut is far better than being married to a shaven head.

Good luck with your second go around, @general-etwan! I really, really hope you're satisfied with your results.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 1:22 AM, general-etwan said:

@Niko1 Any feelings or advice on my 2nd HT next week? You and I have a very similar hair loss pattern and also very similar HT design strategies. I see the way they wrapped around with your remaining horseshoe pattern and took care of your ridges and lower crown with 2,000 grafts.

Niko1A.thumb.jpeg.0fad037fa6c1db45b30eacba71f5b750.jpegNiko1B.thumb.jpeg.0a9ede1a87a9303dff3bef009a04ef47.jpeg

Hey there, I think someone mentioned to you earlier which I have to agree with...............

If I were you I would forget about lowering the hairline and touching the  temporal peaks,

instead use the Limited no of grafts/beard to address the lateral humps and lower crown.

this seems like a good plan  IMHO + and if enough, 200ish odd grafts to Thicken Hairline.

image.jpeg.8e9aaf35dda017c02db16bfeb968c038.jpeg

In my case I mentioned to Eugenix to Blend the Lower Crown with the native hair in the donor border, although this was not properly addressed therefore there is a distinct difference CONTRAST in DENSITY between the Transplanted and Native Hair in the Lower Crown. This is what Im talking about : - 

image.thumb.jpeg.cd5501bea2dff8056c5b830e557d2a7a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dd861858c98ffed3f5ebca426093f487.jpeg

image.jpeg.dfa9e0ddaf2511feaff9b7aabd2266f1.jpeg

Although the above Pic is at 2 months, but you can still get an idea of contrast in density between transplanted and native hair... Im now almost 5months in and this contrast is very much visible......

Something to keep in mind and good luck with your surgery.  

Edited by Niko1
  • Like 3

On 6/6/2023 at 7:50 AM, ready4Hair said:

At the risk of beating a dead horse, and I know you were involved in design/etc, I believe Dr. Das should have insisted on these alternatives for your first HT and then addressed the front IF possible:

IMG_4925.thumb.jpeg.a9fd80806d820abf7af6041f3c6c7135.jpeg

htbad.png

I respect the thoughtfulness and design. But I can keep it simple; there is ZERO chance I would have agreed to a hairline that high. I would have absolutely refused. Hairline being in a reasonable position is far more important. From front view now from far away, people can't tell how much hair loss I originally had. If we would have went for pic #2 above the result from the front would have been inferior and displayed a big receded hairline.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:05 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Exactly. I would have absolutely refused that high, receded hairline. Would look much older than I do now.