Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024

On 6/12/2023 at 6:17 PM, general-etwan said:

All back home in the USA. Trip went by in a flash. Back to life. I really hope to be able to do some actual tourist traveling to this part of the world in the future, but for now it's all work and no play for me :(

2nd HT
Areas to be addressed, in order of importance: 1) Lateral humps and lower crown, 2) hairline and temples (if enough donor supply)

Thursday June 8th ended up being entirely dedicated to planning and slit-creation and Friday June 9th was the transplant. Dr. Sethi personally invested time and input into the design and strategy alongside Dr. Das. He talked to me extensively about my situation, our plan, life, and all kinds of things. It was a fun time. We talked a lot about the situation of the progressive ring around the sides and back of my head and how to address it as best as possible. For those who understand, as hair loss continues to progress, the individual hairs continue to thin and decrease in diameter. If a hair has not yet decreased approximately 50% of its original diameter, it is still decently strong and can be maintained or recovered though proper medication and topical treatment, and donor hair cannot be transplanted too heavily into this area because it can damage the native hair too much. For hairs that have lost over 50% of their original diameter, they essentially cannot be rejuvenated, and these areas are the areas that can be transplanted into without hesitation. This is why, as we know, hair transplants cannot always go full-on straight up to the final/ultimate predicted edge of all future hair loss. They have to be done carefully and safely in respect to existing hair. The edge of the ring of hair loss, in advanced cases like mine, can also continue to lower over the years.

So, priority was filling all the areas where the hairs have lost enough diameter and density that they can never be recovered. Areas that still contain decent amounts of hairs and decent hair thickness were filled with less density of transplanted hair, creating a proper gradient. Lateral humps and lower crown were addressed in this manner.

IMG_9452.thumb.jpeg.966ef9ff129253baa5cc78cfd87aea00.jpeg

Dr. Sethi also consulted with me that my preexisting hairline was acceptable at about 8-8.5 cm (above glabella) but that he really tries to get patients to around 7 cm and it's especially a big benefit to young guys to have strong framing of the face. He recommended a hairline and temple design alongside Dr. Das that we would try to tackle after the lateral humps and lower crown, if donor supply was good enough. Dr. Bansal also counseled me on the perspectives of the temple and hairline plan, all making clear that it was completely my decision to make if I wanted to do the hairline and temple work after the sides and back. I decided that I wanted to do it, if we had solid enough donor for it not to be unwise. Dr. Das did end up feeling confident enough in all my donor to continue and tackle the hairline and temples. The temples were of course addressed in a gradient as well, with lighter hair starting at the fronts and then progressively thicker hair toward the back sections.

IMG_9355.thumb.jpeg.28fd9a2963ab653f9f743fa2113ceefc.jpeg

In summary

• 2977 grafts total
    • 2,020 on lateral humps and lower crown
    • 305 on right temple
    • 310 on left temple
    • 192 on new hairline
    • 150 behind hairline
  • Donor:
    • 2650 from back/side scalp
    • 162 from right side locks
    • 165 from left side locks

Dr. Das and Dr. Somesh created the slits; Dr. Somesh also sat in during some of the implantation and talked to me a lot, and Dr. Sethi dropped in a few times.

IMG_9456.thumb.jpeg.967de5011bfddb259fb1aac7be46676b.jpeg IMG_9455.thumb.jpeg.54a2dd4e2586c716792418dc843b8792.jpeg

IMG_9367.thumb.jpeg.180ae550924aba9f007599c414b499bd.jpeg IMG_9371.thumb.jpeg.a227898d592d3f33d8b677f19a7de196.jpeg 

IMG_9368.thumb.jpeg.e8542dca4ca3a083bcad9a7aa8ddcb61.jpeg IMG_9369.thumb.jpeg.75a2f118fba3b7ba37a9fa018af8da5e.jpeg

As always, I am extremely thankful to and appreciative of the entire team, to every single member including those who greeted me, took my vitals, prepared my medication, took all the photos, counseled me on the design, administered the local anesthesia, extracted, separated, and implanted my grafts, cleaned me up, comforted me, conducted post-care, and all my chauffeurs and all the staff who made the visit and transportation possible. I feel excellent about the way this one is going to turn out. Another handful of long months ahead for growing :) 

Congrats buddy and happy growing!!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 5:22 PM, general-etwan said:

You guys can have a sleepover and indulge in your perspectives together, then!

Let me state clearly again, so no one feels compelled to use phrases like "regardless if he did or not" anymore: I have never used or purchased hair fibers and if I ever do, you'll all hear it straight from me right here. I am 100% transparent with everyone always and for GeneralNorwood to state a completely fabricated idea as a fact and then ask me condescendingly to confirm it as such...that is mal-intent or a serious personal-attitude problem.

GeneralNorwood seems like a fun guy to have a sleepover with but I think I'll pass 😃.

The point is, your thread has attracted a lot of attention because your case is very interesting, any hair transplant enthusiasts would be interested to see your result, which I think has been very good so far.

Sorry if you got offended by the insinuation of fiber use, I think from the discrepancy of the pictures it is not out of the realm of reasonability to wonder how there can be that much of a contrast in the various lighting conditions.

I do think the use of grafts for your temple points is interesting also, normally in such high Norwood cases it is preferred to use the grafts for the limited coverage on top. I am (was) a Norwood 6 before my transplant, so I understand this thinking. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, asterix0 said:

GeneralNorwood seems like a fun guy to have a sleepover with but I think I'll pass 😃.

The point is, your thread has attracted a lot of attention because your case is very interesting, any hair transplant enthusiasts would be interested to see your result, which I think has been very good so far.

Sorry if you got offended by the insinuation of fiber use, I think from the discrepancy of the pictures it is not out of the realm of reasonability to wonder how there can be that much of a contrast in the various lighting conditions.

I do think the use of grafts for your temple points is interesting also, normally in such high Norwood cases it is preferred to use the grafts for the limited coverage on top. I am (was) a Norwood 6 before my transplant, so I understand this thinking. 

Not offended at all, just want everyone to understand that it is improper and disrespectful to state a fabrication as fact and then ask someone to confirm it as such. A learning experience for some on proper interaction and engagement. The last few months involved me using fade haircuts and sea salt spray to try to maximize the look. If I do ever use fibers in the future, I’ll want to try them on the crown area just in the back. 

I definitely felt like doing the temples was a big aggressive move a few days ago but looking at some more pictures, the temple work is actually pretty minor compared to most who’ve had temple work done. Also maybe a product of my natural temples having recessed so much already, but point being, looking from the front, this temple work only really gets me back to average-framing territory, so I think it’s going to end up being a good bargain. I’ll share some more pics soon…

7 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Not offended at all, just want everyone to understand that it is improper and disrespectful to state a fabrication as fact and then ask someone to confirm it as such.

Well, i wrote that im 99% sure, so it was stated nearly as a fact 

I don't think "fabrication" is correct word. Fabrication is on purpose and no because of bad judgment, false belief, mistake etc. And i just did mistake, so in the end it was this 1% 😅

Anyway, i think that there was no good way to handle it. Even if i asked "Did you use fibers?", it would be sort of accusation. It would be less harsh, but still dirty. I think the best option was to ask you about this matter on private message.

At least it ended this way, that  you presented more pictures that explained  this situation and now everybody understands that there was no fibers. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 6/7/2023 at 5:18 PM, general-etwan said:

Also, you can get lost with your "Eugenix shouldn't haven taken this case" feeling too. You can think whatever you want but you're not me, and so you don't get to determine my destiny or goals of my hair. You're just like Dr. Bernstein and team in NYC who told me that I "would never be happy with any HT result" in their denial of me. That is an outdated type of thinking and clearly inaccurate. I'm so grateful and humbled that someone like Eugenix was willing to work with me and make a huge aesthetic improvement to my appearance. The results have been great and the reception from other people has been especially excellent. So for you to say it shouldn't have been done, that's telling me I was better staying the way I was, and that is frankly absurd. 

This is the first I'm seeing this entire case. I just spent a lot of time going through most of it. The piece above that I quoted hit me the most because I completely agree with you. As a NW 7 who went through a lot of hair transplants, I always hate it when people who had hair transplants tell me I shouldn't do it because I'm not good enough for one. At least that's how it sounds. Of course I would like to have beautiful, thick hair all over and a NW 1 hairline, but as a NW 7 that's not going to be possible. Does that mean I don't deserve to want it anymore or shouldn't try to get as close to a decent head of hair as I can? Isn't that what everyone else who has a hair transplant is doing? Everyone knows they aren't going to get a completely full head of hair like they had when they were 16, but they all get a hair transplant anyway. Why would someone who has less hair feel any different? We NW 6 and NW 7s get to the same point as NW3s who say they had enough and can't stand their lack of hair anymore because they can't style it how they want and it never looks good and they don't want to shave it all down. Of course we feel that same way and usually at a younger age than others, but for some reason there are people out there who seem to think that if we are losing hair faster than they are and at a younger age then somehow it must be OK with us and we should just shave and not care about hair like they do. Ridiculous.

I just had a procedure in March to go around the sides and back the way you just did, although I used much less grafts as I don't have many left. Good luck with the growing. I agree with you adding a bit to your hairline as well as I thought it was a bit high and will look better with a small improvement there. I wish I can do the same to mine.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I think you can probably get 1500 more beard grafts if you ever need them. I used over 3300 total beard grafts. Your beard seems to look pretty strong.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 6/15/2023 at 7:50 AM, general-etwan said:

Not offended at all, just want everyone to understand that it is improper and disrespectful to state a fabrication as fact and then ask someone to confirm it as such. A learning experience for some on proper interaction and engagement. The last few months involved me using fade haircuts and sea salt spray to try to maximize the look. If I do ever use fibers in the future, I’ll want to try them on the crown area just in the back. 

I definitely felt like doing the temples was a big aggressive move a few days ago but looking at some more pictures, the temple work is actually pretty minor compared to most who’ve had temple work done. Also maybe a product of my natural temples having recessed so much already, but point being, looking from the front, this temple work only really gets me back to average-framing territory, so I think it’s going to end up being a good bargain. I’ll share some more pics soon…

Is sea salt spray working well?

2 minutes ago, Xanadu said:

I asked ChatGPT ;)

"Despite its benefits for achieving a beachy, wavy look, using sea salt spray frequently can have some negative effects on hair health.

Salt is a natural dehydrator, which is why it's able to provide that texturized, voluminous look that sea salt spray is known for. However, when used frequently, the salt can strip away the natural oils that keep your hair moisturized and protected. This can lead to dryness, brittleness, and potential breakage over time.

To mitigate the potential for damage, many sea salt sprays will include ingredients such as aloe vera, coconut oil, or other essential oils to counterbalance the drying effect of the salt. These ingredients to some degree can mitigate some of the damaging effects of sea salt and prevent it from drying out too much.

It's also a good idea to use sea salt sprays sparingly and not as part of your everyday hair care routine. Instead, consider it as a product for occasional use when you want a specific look. After using a sea salt spray, you might want to use a deep conditioner or hair mask to replenish any moisture that may have been lost.

As always, everyone's hair is different, so how your hair responds to sea salt spray can vary. If you notice your hair becoming dry, brittle of falling out after using a sea salt spray, it might be a good idea to reduce your usage or look for a different product that might be more suitable for your hair type."

Maybe use it sparingly mate. If the above is correct.

As someone who has been to Eugenix twice myself, specifically with Dr Das, I have to say I really place alot of confidence in them, their decision making, and their work in general.  I don't think they would have taken on general-etwan's case if they didn't think they could provide end results that he's genuinely happy with, and meet his realistic expectations.  I know to some they can probably seem boldly optimistic, but I've seen them deliver so many times.

Ethan, I'm excited for you man, gonna be following your journey here, and can't wait to see the transformation! 

• Like 2

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Xanadu said:

I asked ChatGPT ;)

"Despite its benefits for achieving a beachy, wavy look, using sea salt spray frequently can have some negative effects on hair health.

Salt is a natural dehydrator, which is why it's able to provide that texturized, voluminous look that sea salt spray is known for. However, when used frequently, the salt can strip away the natural oils that keep your hair moisturized and protected. This can lead to dryness, brittleness, and potential breakage over time.

To mitigate the potential for damage, many sea salt sprays will include ingredients such as aloe vera, coconut oil, or other essential oils to counterbalance the drying effect of the salt. These ingredients to some degree can mitigate some of the damaging effects of sea salt and prevent it from drying out too much.

It's also a good idea to use sea salt sprays sparingly and not as part of your everyday hair care routine. Instead, consider it as a product for occasional use when you want a specific look. After using a sea salt spray, you might want to use a deep conditioner or hair mask to replenish any moisture that may have been lost.

As always, everyone's hair is different, so how your hair responds to sea salt spray can vary. If you notice your hair becoming dry, brittle of falling out after using a sea salt spray, it might be a good idea to reduce your usage or look for a different product that might be more suitable for your hair type."

I use sea salt spray every day, it hasn’t dried out my hair. ChatGPT has some questionable references, especially when it comes to hair.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Xanadu said:

1 hour ago, Xanadu said:

I asked ChatGPT ;)

I know all about sea salt spray; everything has pros and cons and nothing is perfect. Sea salt spray really works best on medium to longer length hair, helps bring out volume and fluff. So my hair hasn't quite ever gotten to that length yet. To come; to come...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Looking good. I can't wait to see the end result.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

On 7/1/2023 at 9:19 AM, stephcurry30 said:

Looking good how on earth did I not see this thread? Insane! 

Welcome! I may not be as active on here as others at times, but I’ve tried to be very transparent with my case and situation since I know I have a very severe case of MPB. I’m simply here to show anyone who told me it wasn’t possible for me to ever be satisfied with hair transplants that they were incorrect, and yes it is! 

At the beginning, the whole “illusion of density” reality that is hair transplants scared me and I was skeptical. I’ll never have anywhere near the density of someone without hair loss. But the real truth is that at a certain point of density, the “illusion” truly does become visually enough to appear satisfactory to the public. Knowing I have hair on top now that frames the face, and knowing that from a distance nobody even suspects that I ever had severe hair loss, has been life changing. 

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 1:33 AM, sekiro109 said:

Did you ask for the top of your hair to be unshaved? Did they offer to shave it? 

No need to shave it since no further implants were made in the area of hair that grew out. They could have shaved it If I requested but I wanted to keep it at the length it has grown to. 

3 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Donor's looking solid mate for 1.5 months post op! 👌

Yeah, actually those first 2 pics were from a few weeks ago so let's say 1 month for those!

Edited by general-etwan

Just been reading through your thread, think I saw a post you made a while back on reddit actually. I'd say the first ht was a great success, especially given where you were previously!

You seem like a good guy, hope this one goes just as well for you!