Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024

On 11/2/2022 at 4:23 AM, ApexB said:

I'll be staying extra days for the first wash, I’m booked at the double tree down the street from the clinic. 

Be sure to bring things to entertain yourself…movies, books, etc. There isn’t much to do directly outside on the streets near Doubletree, and even if there was, you’re going to be so exhausted and tired that you’ll just want to chill for a few days anyway!

On 11/8/2022 at 11:44 AM, Xanadu said:

Bandit and Etwan had very similar balding, but quite differences HT procedures. Etwan choses to do the entire scalp and then add density as needed later. 

Meanwhile Bandit, with about the same number of grafts, chose to not touch crown until the second round.

Which of these two approaches will have the best outcome?

I have no idea....

Yeah very interesting. Really it was Sethi’s idea; Bandit said originally the plan was to hit everything at once but that after Sethi made a plan to leave the crown for a second procedure, he agreed. I see nothing wrong with Bandit’s approach; I just personally wished not to leave any area completely bare after the first procedure. Having amazing density has never been as important to me as having a more uniform look, so it was important to me visually to attack everything in the first procedure. Also because I may be entering a career soon in which I don’t know when or even if I will be able to travel back to India to have another procedure.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Be sure to bring things to entertain yourself…movies, books, etc. There isn’t much to do directly outside on the streets near Doubletree, and even if there was, you’re going to be so exhausted and tired that you’ll just want to chill for a few days anyway!

Yeah very interesting. Really it was Sethi’s idea; Bandit said originally the plan was to hit everything at once but that after Sethi made a plan to leave the crown for a second procedure, he agreed. I see nothing wrong with Bandit’s approach; I just personally wished not to leave any area completely bare after the first procedure. Having amazing density has never been as important to me as having a more uniform look, so it was important to me visually to attack everything in the first procedure. Also because I may be entering a career soon in which I don’t know when or even if I will be able to travel back to India to have another procedure.

I agree if you can go for full coverage then do it. I was clear with Dr Sethi that I was cool with the fact that I needed two procedures. Dr Sethi did say that the benefit of focusing on the front and mid-scalp in the first surgery, is that they wouldn't need to shave the recipient down for the second procedure, which now on reflection was a good choice for me as I get to enjoy the results of the first sitting, while the crown goes through ugly duckling motions. To be honest, you still get from A to B whichever route you chose. However, I suppose not touching your crown in the first sitting, will give you that little extra determination to return and get it finished. Whereas you could maybe get used to having lower-density coverage and put off a second procedure, especially if you were to use fibres to compensate.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2022 at 11:43 PM, gawwdd said:

Thank you for sharing your journey and it looks like the job has been wonderful from Eugenix. Were the accommodations included with the package, @general-etwan? I am planning to opt for the exclusive package as well.

Yes the accommodations were included. I believe officially they offer 2 nights hotel accommodation in the exclusive package. I was able to get 4 however, but I can’t say if everyone would be able to get that without additional charge. 2 nights is what is promised. At least the hotel rates in India are pretty inexpensive even if you have to pay yourself to extend a stay.  

• Like 1

What a great thread GE.. I have reached out to Eugenix. I did so via their website, I'm wondering your first contact with them... did you call or click the book an appt and fill out that form? I ask becuase it's been a couple days since i did and I'm supposing their busy but wondering best way to make that initial contact in case my message fell through cracks. 

I've asked about flying post op before here and consensus is it's no problem, Like you I'm US east coast so it'll be quite the travel day back for me. I know, be careful when flying but feel like you made a smart call that I may make too... stay an extra couple days at the hotel just laying low. I still worry some about flying a little though but can't swing staying there 7 days (I feel like 7 days is the marker of grafts taking) So think if I stay 2 extra days that'll provide me roughly 72ish hours out from HT. Any additional thoughts on this or your experience on that flight back?

Your initial results look great so far, I'm also looking to book with Dr Das...  your experience and others here seem to be excellent.  Looking forward to seeing more updates!

On 11/14/2022 at 4:13 AM, general-etwan said:

I think the issue about which approach to take is very interesting. I am going myself in January and am not yet sure what would be best... like you or like Bandit? And I'm not totally sure what are the criteria to decide which is the best approach.

3 hours ago, ray35 said:

What a great thread GE.. I have reached out to Eugenix. I did so via their website, I'm wondering your first contact with them... did you call or click the book an appt and fill out that form? I ask becuase it's been a couple days since i did and I'm supposing their busy but wondering best way to make that initial contact in case my message fell through cracks. 

I've asked about flying post op before here and consensus is it's no problem, Like you I'm US east coast so it'll be quite the travel day back for me. I know, be careful when flying but feel like you made a smart call that I may make too... stay an extra couple days at the hotel just laying low. I still worry some about flying a little though but can't swing staying there 7 days (I feel like 7 days is the marker of grafts taking) So think if I stay 2 extra days that'll provide me roughly 72ish hours out from HT. Any additional thoughts on this or your experience on that flight back?

Your initial results look great so far, I'm also looking to book with Dr Das...  your experience and others here seem to be excellent.  Looking forward to seeing more updates!

Primary communication is through Whatsapp. They have a number, and then their concierge team has numbers and contact you with messages through that app.

The flight back can be done as soon as around 48 hours after the end of the procedure, in my opinion. The grafts take full hold at about 72 hours (3 days), so beyond that is really unnecessary. Just have to take care. I really do recommend wearing a hat home to cover the head. I see so many people say no hat wearing until a week after; I disagree. If you get a hat with a structured high crown (so it doesn't rest right on your scalp, but instead is elevated), wearing a hat during major travel acts as a protector in case you do bump your head somewhere. I finished my procedure on Saturday and then flew home Monday morning, no problems, wore my surgical cap and high-crown hat over top. That way, if you do bump your head, the object isn't making direct contact with any grafts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xanadu said:

I think the issue about which approach to take is very interesting. I am going myself in January and am not yet sure what would be best... like you or like Bandit? And I'm not totally sure what are the criteria to decide which is the best approach.

If you ever share any pics of your own, I'd be happy to weigh in with my opinion for whatever it's worth.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ApexB said:

@general-etwan I also think hat should be ok after a few days of healing, Only if it sits high and not touch the scalp, but wouldn’t recommend if you also have your temples done. 

Agree; ultimately it depends on the transplantation area and design. Temples would prohibit hat wearing for at least a couple full days. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 4:31 AM, general-etwan said:

Oh yeah I am still using the saline spray too, so I will just use it more often for a while. I drink tons of water, very active, just have crappy skin, not too worried about it...just want to promote the best environment for hair growth possible. Thanks!

You guys used saline spray past 7 days?

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

2 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

You guys used saline spray past 7 days?

I did, probably for 2-3 weeks post HT just because I felt like my scalp was dry and needed moisture. But all good after a few weeks. 

2 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Also when did you start taking baths/showers?

I never stopped showering. I wore a shower cap for the first 7 days until washing all the scabs off and then resumed normal hair washing. 

17 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

I did, probably for 2-3 weeks post HT just because I felt like my scalp was dry and needed moisture. But all good after a few weeks. 

I never stopped showering. I wore a shower cap for the first 7 days until washing all the scabs off and then resumed normal hair washing. 

Did you ask your dictor if you could keep using saline for that long? I think it should be fine, but would ask.

3 hours ago, Xanadu said:

Did you ask your dictor if you could keep using saline for that long? I think it should be fine, but would ask.

I didn’t. Couldn’t see any harm. Just water with some NaCl in it. Just a spray once a day, but in reality probably not necessary at all after the scabs come off. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

2 months donor area buzzed down to #5 trimmer guard length. 

My opinion: not perfect, but not a concern to me. We're not in this journey for perfect backs of our heads. 

IMG_5441.thumb.jpg.aa1e39abca8106aea8f232158a955e98.jpg

I could live with that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, general-etwan said:

My opinion: not perfect, but not a concern to me. We're not in this journey for perfect backs of our heads. 

Honestly I would never be able to tell. Besides your hair colour merges well with your skin colour so that's an added benefit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Precisely mate ..well said 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
15 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Genuinely looks really good. Only the absolute keenest HT-eye could possibly notice anything, and they’d have to be really looking for signs of extractions. 

2.5 months progress from side profile look. I feel like the growing is going very well. It's not much yet in the grand scheme of things but I am already extremely happy with the way things are looking. I no longer have a smooth head. 😂

1482720889_2.5monthsprofile.thumb.jpg.58c04895dc76f7408b75088b6abf57fe.jpg

PS: I don't care about my retrograde alopecia. Not a big deal. Hair on the top of the head is soooo much more important.

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

2.5 months progress from side profile look. I feel like the growing is going very well. It's not much yet in the grand scheme of things but I am already extremely happy with the way things are looking. I no longer have a smooth head. 😂

1482720889_2.5monthsprofile.thumb.jpg.58c04895dc76f7408b75088b6abf57fe.jpg

PS: I don't care about my retrograde alopecia. Not a big deal. Hair on the top of the head is soooo much more important.

Looking good @general-etwan, also looks like the redness in the implanted area has subsided completely, how long did that last? 5-6 weeks? 

46 minutes ago, ZeeMan said:

Looking good @general-etwan, also looks like the redness in the implanted area has subsided completely, how long did that last? 5-6 weeks? 

Yeah, almost 2 months the redness. I really noticed it fade just in the past couple weeks. 

• Like 1