Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

On 8/13/2023 at 11:52 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

The trial is still going to happen and if there will be delay in Dr. Longaker’s phone call, then I will just go aheadis with that.

Now that the call with Dr. Longaker has been canceled again, are you planning on setting another date for the trial?

• Administrators

I haven’t wanted to disclose that I’m supposed to speak with Dr. Longaker on the 18th. I’m going to see if Dr. Barghouthi can join the call. I haven’t said anything because I don’t want to jinx it. So, please don’t get your hopes up.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

54 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I haven’t wanted to disclose that I’m supposed to speak with Dr. Longaker on the 18th. I’m going to see if Dr. Barghouthi can join the call. I haven’t said anything because I don’t want to jinx it. So, please don’t get your hopes up.

Thank you @Melvin- Moderator. I think this shouldn't be connected with the trial or this is transferring to endless loop.
@DrTBarghouthi do you have any updates ?

• Thumbs-down 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Nikoni said:

Thank you @Melvin- Moderator. I think this shouldn't be connected with the trial or this is transferring to endless loop.
@DrTBarghouthi do you have any updates ?

I don’t think he should be pressured either. Rushing research is never a good thing. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t think he should be pressured either. Rushing research is never a good thing. 

Sure, but let's not connect trial with call, as you said it's very unlikely Longaker will share any dosage. @Melvin- Moderator btw can you post photos from the latest podcast with Dr. Barghouthi, we saw them on video, but they never were posted.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Don’t think anyone’s rushing when it’s been postponed 3-4x?

I’m sure it’s been postponed for good reason. It’s not because of this phone call. Dr. Barghouthi has to start the trial when he’s ready. Trying to rush him isn’t good. 

View my thread

Dr. Barghouthi is ready when he is ready. Whether that would be today or in a year, or even later.

We don't have to despair though, the Bloxham-experiment is around the 2 month mark. He said himself that he expects to draw preliminary conclusions after the 3-4 month mark, so that really isn't far off. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m sure it’s been postponed for good reason. It’s not because of this phone call. Dr. Barghouthi has to start the trial when he’s ready. Trying to rush him isn’t good. 

He was ready and sat a date until you woke up one morning with the idea of contacting Dr Longkar who we all know wont share anything, so somehow you created this frustration with the continuous delay and people calling out Dr.B . Also all the “we shouldn’t pressure Dr.B” talk is fine when he was funding the trial from his own pocket as a favor for hair loss community (which we all appreciated and still do) but lets not forget someone here donated 15k for this … I myself donated 20$ which I know is nothing but since he or whoever in this group went the donations route and actually got what they asked for then it becomes a different type of obligation and priority and doesn’t fall under doing us a favor anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Face Palm 1

2 hours ago, Gatchpt said:

He was ready and sat a date until you woke up one morning with the idea of contacting Dr Longkar who we all know wont share anything, so somehow you created this frustration with the continuous delay and people calling out Dr.B . Also all the “we shouldn’t pressure Dr.B” talk is fine when he was funding the trial from his own pocket as a favor for hair loss community (which we all appreciated and still do) but lets not forget someone here donated 15k for this … I myself donated 20$ which I know is nothing but since he or whoever in this group went the donations route and actually got what they asked for then it becomes a different type of obligation and priority and doesn’t fall under doing us a favor anymore. 

Waiting an extra week won't hurt, also Bloxham is finishing his first trial soon, so it's all speeding up. If Barghouthi is on the call, the back and fourth might be helpful. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gatchpt said:

I just want to say that I'm very greatful for the work of both Melvin and Dr. Barghouthi! They started this initiative when other physicians just sat on the sideline; let's not forget that. They are our allies. They are doing the best they can with the information available to them, and I'm confident they will overcome these hurdles in due time.

I would appreciate if some of our community members stopped acting like children because they can't deal with uncertainty. 

• Like 3

Hi guys,

I hope you’re all keeping well. I do appreciate the excitement and I equally share that. The trial is going ahead. I know we postponed it because we simply thought we might have some extra input that could help. Nonetheless, I don’t feel there is much need to wait. I will have a ser date to share by this coming week. I just want to clarify that when one date is missed it usually takes longer than desired to come up with a new date to fit in our schedule- as most patients will be usually booked ahead of time. It also has to take into account the availability of the volunteer on that new date etc. I just needed to clarify the reason why we get gaps between each set date. 
This has been a great collaborative effort and we should focus on keeping it as such - both in efforts and in spirit. We’ll get there! 

• Like 13

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

3 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

I hope you’re all keeping well. I do appreciate the excitement and I equally share that. The trial is going ahead. I know we postponed it because we simply thought we might have some extra input that could help. Nonetheless, I don’t feel there is much need to wait. I will have a ser date to share by this coming week. I just want to clarify that when one date is missed it usually takes longer than desired to come up with a new date to fit in our schedule- as most patients will be usually booked ahead of time. It also has to take into account the availability of the volunteer on that new date etc. I just needed to clarify the reason why we get gaps between each set date. 
This has been a great collaborative effort and we should focus on keeping it as such - both in efforts and in spirit. We’ll get there! 

Again, many thanks for your pioneering!

Regarding extra input for the trial, are you in contact with dr. Bloxham about his experiences? Maybe they come in handy when conducting this one.

On 8/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, Fox243 said:

I am the one who had asked Dr. Barghouthi to postpone the surgery, so if you want to blame anyone, you can blame me. But keep in mind that without me, my discord, my Verteporfin doc, and Dr. Barghouthi, the trials would never have happened in the first place. So please trust our assessment that it’s worth waiting till the Longaker call before doing another trial. Trials are expensive, so we want to find the right balance between efficacy and time. HairDAO is also doing a call, so if somehow this call doesn't happen, we'll have another backup.

Hi @Fox243, any chance I could be added to that discord? Is it public or are there any kind of requirements?

22 minutes ago, Arcturus9 said:

Hi @Fox243, any chance I could be added to that discord? Is it public or are there any kind of requirements?

Yes, I can add you. Requirements are to have either invested enough time or money into furthering Verteporfin. I will DM you an invite link after my shift ends.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:42 PM, Gatchpt said:

I agree with this, if there is someone that invested 15k on this to speed up the process you should go ahead and not delay, if there was already a volunteer and date there is no reason to postpone, all investors/donators are expecting results soon. Maybe Longakar is just playing to delay all this on purpose and want to do his own research, how can someone be so busy and cancel so many times it just shows a lack of interest on this project. Go ahead with the new volunteer as soon as possible and we will be all happy.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Did this call ever end up going through? I think I know the answer but I figured it's worth asking 🙂

On 9/12/2023 at 11:37 PM, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Has anyone thought of contacting Indian generic pharmaceutical manufacturers if they could could produce verteporfin. That might be helpful. 

https://www.apollopharmacy.in/salt/VERTEPORFIN

https://m.indiamart.com/proddetail/visudyne-verteporfin-15mg-injection-2852488739930.html

15 hours ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Is that legit, Ive heard sometimes online pharmacies in India can sell counterfeit products 

If it is that helps 

the Apollo pharmacy link is legit, it is a multi billion dollar hospital chain and pharmacy in India.