Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

On 8/6/2023 at 6:29 PM, Jonathan said:

Because we’ve already had success, of course limited and it’s possible that there’s things we can improve on, this trial was scheduled to start around April/may if I’m not mistaken, two weeks can turn into months which can turn into never. Let’s just do the trial how we did it before with different dosages as planned and keep moving forward, if longaker has advice we can do it on the next trial. Just my opinion.

It seems you were right Dude (((

6 hours ago, bigmistake said:

What is the result of the FUE trial done one year ago by Dr Bargouthi ?

Did I miss the updates ? What is the result of the very first trial by Dr Bargouthi. It is about to be more than a year now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

just focuse on dr bloxham guys

That's really sad. Dr. Bloxham's doing awesome job,  but Dr. Barghouthi started this movement. With two surgeons we would have more evidence and things will be rolling faster.

Silence from Dr. Barghouthi is really surprising.

14 hours ago, sansi said:

That's really sad. Dr. Bloxham's doing awesome job,  but Dr. Barghouthi started this movement. With two surgeons we would have more evidence and things will be rolling faster.

Silence from Dr. Barghouthi is really surprising.

I'm sure, he's just been busy with patients, Hopefully Dr Bargouthi will update us soon, I'm tagging him

@DrTBarghouthi

On 10/7/2023 at 3:43 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

just focuse on dr bloxham guys

the man is willing to do another trial improving upon his technique and trying different approaches with the drug but is complaining it’s too costly to source Vert. If only the 15k went to him we would have knew if it actually works 

Hi guys,

I have few updates:

1. I have a scheduled follow up with the first trial for this coming Wednesday. The patient had several work trips and so our schedules weren’t working well. Hopefully we will have an update on him this Wednesday.

2. In view of Dr. Bloxham’s recent trial and him trying higher doses of Verteporfin, I think there is a potential to trial even higher doses to see if the effects can be optimized with higher doses or we should be maintaining a narrow range of testing. I have booked the trial for the 24th of October but my Volunteer patient is having constant difficulties with time off work. He is an ideal candidate- so I don’t want to give up on him yet. Hopefully we will have that done with him on that date. 
3. I have also scheduled another trial for November 21 with another patient who is also having a full FUE
As mentioned earlier, I have the Verteporfin ready for both of these trials. 

• Like 13
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

3 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

I have few updates:

1. I have a scheduled follow up with the first trial for this coming Wednesday. The patient had several work trips and so our schedules weren’t working well. Hopefully we will have an update on him this Wednesday.

2. In view of Dr. Bloxham’s recent trial and him trying higher doses of Verteporfin, I think there is a potential to trial even higher doses to see if the effects can be optimized with higher doses or we should be maintaining a narrow range of testing. I have booked the trial for the 24th of October but my Volunteer patient is having constant difficulties with time off work. He is an ideal candidate- so I don’t want to give up on him yet. Hopefully we will have that done with him on that date. 
3. I have also scheduled another trial for November 21 with another patient who is also having a full FUE

I'm quite excited for this, especially the 1.5 year update

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

I have few updates:

Thank you Doctor !!! Excited to see this happening , and please do not postpone trials, as rescheduling seems to be very difficult .

Do you have plans to do existing FUE revision trial ?

• Like 2

And I apologize for the recent silence- even across the forum. I’m actually busy with the induction of 2 new doctors who joined my practice and whom I think will be of value in helping with research and clinical work going forward. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

3 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

Thank you Doctor !!! Excited to see this happening , and please do not postpone trials, as rescheduling seems to be very difficult .

Do you have plans to do existing FUE revision trial ?

I think we need to optimize the “new scar” trials and see what Dr. Bloxham’s revision trial yields and then yes that can be a possibility. 

• Like 7

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

11 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

I have few updates:

Thank you, any plans to excise old scars in these upcoming trials or not yet?

• Like 1

Just now, tatasabaya said:

Thank you, any plans to excise old scars in these upcoming trials or not yet?

Both patients have virgin donors. 

• Like 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

This thread is going off the rails. This is a novel approach by a doctor who has nothing to gain but help the community. I’ve been very tolerant, but I won’t be moving forward. If you guys don’t believe in this or the doctor. Don’t post. No one is forcing you to follow. 

The comments have not been respectful. I expect we all show some gratitude and respect to Dr. Barghouthi whose doing his best. After all, he’s a hair transplant surgeon, not a clinical researcher. His priority is and should be his clinic.

Also, stop touting someone else’s donation as a way to demand something.  Dr. Barghouthi doesn’t owe you, me or anyone anything. Each day of surgery he’s missed on this trial, on top of the cost of paying his employees and the Verteporfin. I guarantee, it’s well over what anyone has donated. 

• Like 4
  • Well Done 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

This thread is going off the rails. This is a novel approach by a doctor who has nothing to gain but help the community. I’ve been very tolerant, but I won’t be moving forward. If you guys don’t believe in this or the doctor. Don’t post. No one is forcing you to follow. 

The comments have not been respectful. I expect we all show some gratitude and respect to Dr. Barghouthi whose doing his best. After all, he’s a hair transplant surgeon, not a clinical researcher. His priority is and should be his clinic.

Also, stop touting someone else’s donation as a way to demand something.  Dr. Barghouthi doesn’t owe you, me or anyone anything. Each day of surgery he’s missed on this trial, on top of the cost of paying his employees and the Verteporfin. I guarantee, it’s well over what anyone has donated. 

Agreed, I am very thankful for Dr. Barghouthi, and if anyone wants to blame anyone, please blame me for requesting Dr. Barghouthi to postpone the trial in hopes for Dr. Longaker sharing any critical info.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Agreed, I am very thankful for Dr. Barghouthi, and if anyone wants to blame anyone, please blame me for requesting Dr. Barghouthi to postpone the trial in hopes for Dr. Longaker sharing any critical info.

Lets not blame anyone. The moral of this story is that postponing a trial is not a good idea. Fortunately for us Doctor doesn't give up and will produce two more trials.

@DrTBarghouthi thank you for this and sorry for any negativity, I believe everyone on this thread supports you, the  negativity is not against you but the long waiting game in general. 

Edited by sansi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

The amount donated was just for the verteporfin right? That means that dr. Barghouthi is still doing everything for free and in his own time. He even leaves money on the table, because all the time he is devoting to this project he can't spend on commercially more attractive options.

It is great that the money has been raised, it should be handled with transparency and great care, but it is not that the doc took it for himself and ghosted the community. 

• Thanks 1

It's beyond fantastic that we have two full FUE case studies coming up, and that these are with even higher dosages, and an improved injection technique.

These should really be able to give us a much better idea of whether HT+verteporfin is or isn't the world's first procedure that can effectively multiply hair follicles.

By summertime next year, we may finally have a decent indication of whether this may be the major breakthrough that many of us hoped it would be ever since the first animal study. It's really really cool to be following this. Thank you @DrTBarghouthi.

• Like 5

Hi guys. I did follow up with the first patient and took some photos. I must say a quick view of the patient showed a nice 0.4 mg site. I’ll arrange the photos and share them once I download them- just wanted to update. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

33 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys. I did follow up with the first patient and took some photos. I must say a quick view of the patient showed a nice 0.4 mg site. I’ll arrange the photos and share them once I download them- just wanted to update. 

Thank you Doctor this update. You really care for people.

• Like 1