Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

6 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys. I agree the trials have been postponed several times partly for reasons beyond my control- drug availability, patient availability, time restrictions and finally a possibility to get better insight from Stanford and from the ongoing FUT trial. The trial is still going to happen and if there will be delay in Dr. Longaker’s phone call, then I will just go aheadis with that. I do feel that the regular updates here are being held against me for some reason- while the truth of the matter is that coordinating a trial takes a bit more than good intentions and the will to do so only. 
The bottom line is that it will take place and I only delayed the last one after feeling that the insight from the call might be helpful. 

Thank you Dr. Barghouthi, we fully support you and I am sorry if you feel pressure from the community. We understand trials the are your good will and NOT your obligation.
For many the waiting may be emotional and stressful as they may have plans dependent on verteporfin efficiency. That is why we want to be updated.
I hope it works, people would be able to solve their problems and you will have all the credits and benefits as the first surgeon who tried this.

Lets work together and make this happen !

• Like 4

It is unfortunate that the second trial takes longer than expected to start, of course I would like to see it happening as soon as possible too, but that is just life. Things get in the way, people get sick etc. Let's not dwell on that for too long.

I also think it is reasonable to wait a couple of weeks on the input of dr. Longaker. If he has pointers on the dosage, delivery method or anything else that could influence the results, that would be well worth the waiting time. It would be a shame to start now and find out that the trial could have been better by waiting a bit longer on the information of the doc. 

I would like to mention again that an evaluation of the current status of the original patient seems very valuable to me. Is there any possibility to do a follow-up with him?

Edited by Square1
  • Like 1

@DrTBarghouthi Thank you so much for responding. You're one of the, if not the most, well intended hair transplantation surgeons that I've ever seen. It's incredible that you're regularly updating the community, and responding personally to comments from some balding internet strangers who are just looking for hope. I must say it felt incredible that a world class hair surgeon who may be on the cusp of a medical breakthrough personally responded to several of my comments.

I agree that it's unfairly held against you. I think we should all be more thoughtful before publicly sharing impatience and negativity regarding these trials. Especially myself, because regretfully I contributed to it. We should all remember that these are our personal emotions, based on our personal shimmers of hope that these trials give us, and publicly posting these personal matters do not contribute posively to these trials, quite the opposite in fact. Sharing thankfulness and scientifically relevant concerns or suggestions does. So thank you, and my apologies.

Best of wishes from a fine-haired diffusely thinning NW3 who just wants to one day proudly grow dense shoulder length hair again without irresponsibly depleting their donor. Even though it's all still uncertain, you give me hope.

Edited by alopeciaphobia
  • Like 5

On 8/11/2023 at 4:48 AM, Fox243 said:

But I'm curious why not something like 4 mg?

I'd be really interested in hearing how much verteporfin that would require if done all over the donor in a full FUE. Wouldn't that be quite a bunch of visudyne bottles, which go for well over a thousand bucks each? Maybe we would have to find the support of a synthesis chemist to keep that feasible 😅.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alopeciaphobia said:

I'd be really interested in hearing how much verteporfin that would require if done all over the donor in a full FUE. Wouldn't that be quite a bunch of visudyne bottles, which go for well over a thousand bucks each? Maybe we would have to find the support of a synthesis chemist to keep that feasible 😅.

Yes, but it would at least be doable, that would’ve and still motivates the hell out of me. I think hairloss gave me a purpose, back when Dr tsuji was supposed to be our by 2020 and it would cost 100k, I saved it up and even if the cure would cost 1mil, I’d find a way! Haha

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Yes, but it would at least be doable, that would’ve and still motivates the hell out of me. I think hairloss gave me a purpose, back when Dr tsuji was supposed to be our by 2020 and it would cost 100k, I saved it up and even if the cure would cost 1mil, I’d find a way! Haha

man, I remember being so confident that tsuji was THE solution. 

Thank you all for your understanding and kind thoughts. I think the support and enthusiasm of the community in general is something for everyone to be proud off. After-all this led to two trials being done already and backed by a caring community. 
Yes the first patient will be followed up as soon as he returns from a summer vacation. 

• Like 16

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

9 hours ago, sr1486 said:

man, I remember being so confident that tsuji was THE solution. 

Imagine if we would have cured this Bs back in 2020, i remember back in like 2017-2018 that felt forever away now it feels forever ago lmao.

• Angry 1

On 8/13/2023 at 4:52 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

I do feel that the regular updates here are being held against me for some reason- while the truth of the matter is that coordinating a trial takes a bit more than good intentions and the will to do so only. 

Dr Barghouthi, I'm sorry that you have to put up with negative attitudes from some. One thing I have observed is that such negativity is unavoidable on the internet. A YouTube video of someone saving puppies from a burning building would inevitably get a certain number of downvotes. Whenever some researcher finally cures cancer, there will be someone in the comment section saying, "Yeah, well what took you so long? All this proves is that you could have done it sooner if you had worked harder." The internet has some negative, unreasonable people. But most people aren't that bad. 🙂👍

Thanks for what you're doing!

• Like 1
  • Face Palm 1

I'm excited about the Dr. Bargouthi's FUT trials after Dr. Bargouthis FUE one. The dream would be being able to do a FUT mega, with verteporfin to regenerate the donor. Getting twice the number of life time fut grafts. 

If it's full regeneration, even norwood 6s and maybe even a 7 could have dense looking hair

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

I'm excited about the Dr. Bargouthi's FUT trials after Dr. Bargouthis FUE one. The dream would be being able to do a FUT mega, with verteporfin to regenerate the donor. Getting twice the number of life time fut grafts. 

If it's full regeneration, even norwood 6s and maybe even a 7 could have dense looking hair

Have you heard about Dr Bloxham's FUT trial with Verteporfin in the US? He injected it on 3 patients who underwent FUT and said he'd document progress on his YouTube channel. Exciting stuff 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Magic City said:

Have you heard about Dr Bloxham's FUT trial with Verteporfin in the US? He injected it on 3 patients who underwent FUT and said he'd document progress on his YouTube channel. Exciting stuff 

I did, he's focused more on scar reduction. 

I think bargouthi is focusing more on hair regeneration. So I'm really excited about his upcoming fut trials. 

Having two doctors investigating it will def help. 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk
  • Like 1

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Odysseus said:

Dr Barghouthi, I'm sorry that you have to put up with negative attitudes from some. One thing I have observed is that such negativity is unavoidable on the internet. A YouTube video of someone saving puppies from a burning building would inevitably get a certain number of downvotes. Whenever some researcher finally cures cancer, there will be someone in the comment section saying, "Yeah, well what took you so long? All this proves is that you could have done it sooner if you had worked harder." The internet has some negative, unreasonable people. But most people aren't that bad. 🙂👍

Thanks for what you're doing!

Indeed, but we need to call these people out. @DrTBarghouthi sorry you’ve had to deal with this. As a community, we need to appreciate you for being the first one to commit to this trial with no incentives using your own resources. We’re thankful to have you. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

I did, he's focused more on scar reduction. 

I think bargouthi is focusing more on hair regeneration. So I'm really excited about his upcoming fut trials. 

Having two doctors investigating it will def help. 

In theory, you can´t have one without the other though. The theory is that, by deactivating the fibroblasts, the skin recovers normally, so without the scar tissue but with the sweat glands, hair follicles etc. 

Really excited to see his results, as well as for the dr. Barghouthi´s second trial of course.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Magic City said:

Does anyone know when we can expect updates from Dr. Bloxham?

I expect them rather soon, scarless recovery takes longer than a normal recovery. So if verteporfin is working, this should be observed quite quickly.

57 minutes ago, Square1 said:

In theory, you can´t have one without the other though. The theory is that, by deactivating the fibroblasts, the skin recovers normally, so without the scar tissue but with the sweat glands, hair follicles etc. 

Really excited to see his results, as well as for the dr. Barghouthi´s second trial of course.

Maybe it depends on suturing, how they close the wound in the video Bloxham says he's more focused on scar reduction. 

3 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Maybe it depends on suturing, how they close the wound in the video Bloxham says he's more focused on scar reduction. 

He is more focused on evaluating that effect of verteporfin, but according to the theory he laid out himself, they go hand in hand. So either they both happen or they do not.

I wonder how much of the efficacy of verteporfin is related to skin tension, excision shape, moisture? 

For example if it's harder for skin to close a circle than an oval. That might give verteporfin more time to heal without scar formation. I imagine you don't want the skin pulling itself together quickly? Or perhaps it doesn't matter with verteporfin. 

I don't know too much about the subject, but I was watching this video:

On 8/19/2023 at 7:04 PM, ParmesanC137 said:

I wonder how much of the efficacy of verteporfin is related to skin tension, excision shape, moisture? 

For example if it's harder for skin to close a circle than an oval. That might give verteporfin more time to heal without scar formation. I imagine you don't want the skin pulling itself together quickly? Or perhaps it doesn't matter with verteporfin. 

I don't know too much about the subject, but I was watching this video:

I wonder if you could not suture shut in the traditional way an fut strip, and and essentially have a regenerated area not lose scalp laxity.?