Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

17 hours ago, alopeciaphobia said:

I was just pixel-peeping the results so far and I'm getting the impression that some of the conditions may have been mixed up? It looks like two different areas have both marked as 0.4mg T.

In this image here it's the leftmost square (since no excisions are visible to the left) marked as 0.4mg T.

Whereas in the image here it's not the leftmost square (as there is another square of excisions very close to it on the left side) that's marked as 0.4mg T.

A couple of other surrounding features of the scalp also seem not to match up.

I believe that the first photo I quoted (with the red marker) is the first square on the photo below, and the second photo I quoted (with the blue vertical line drawn in it) is the third square on the photo below:

If I had to guess, based on having just reviewed all of the photos, the conditions are from left to right: 0.32T, 0.32C, 0.4T, 0.4C, 0.24T, 0.24C, and the first photo I quoted (with the red marker) is the incorrectly marked one and is actually 0.32T.

Is this correct, or am I tripping?

I am not able to tell.

Would, if true, this finding impact the preliminary conclusion about the effectiveness of the doses? 

3 hours ago, Square1 said:

I am not able to tell.

Would, if true, this finding impact the preliminary conclusion about the effectiveness of the doses? 

I think (and hope) its just the photo in the first post with the red marker saying T 0.4. But if one got mixed up it's probably best to triple check all the others.

• Administrators

I’m scheduled to talk to Dr. Longaker on the 1st. We’re hoping to schedule a podcast. Let’s hope we can get him on the podcast. 

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m scheduled to talk to Dr. Longaker on the 1st. We’re hoping to schedule a podcast. Let’s hope we can get him on the podcast. 

Thank you, if he doesn't agree to podcast, please try to get information about dosage and delivery.

16 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Another interesting thing to ask would be if there are any other human (case) studies going on (that he's allowed to disclose). The internet is a big place. Perhaps someone who isn't posting on a high-traffic forum had useful findings.

• Administrators

How about you guy’s write out a list of questions. I’ll be sure to ask them and report back here with the answers, if available.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

How about you guy’s write out a list of questions. I’ll be sure to ask them and report back here with the answers, if available.

The two most important things are 

1) What was the dosage he used in the pig studies?

2) What dosage and concentration would they plan to use in human studies?

These two questions will fill in the missing pieces for what we need in Dr. Barghouthi’s trial.

My question would be regarding preexisting scars.

If we apply Verteporfin in a wound created as a result of scar excision, would the skin theoretically heal just the same as if the excision was made in healthy skin? (basically using Vert on FUE scars)

I know Dr. Bloxham already made an FUT scar revision using Verteporfin, but I'd like to know if Dr. Longaker is optimistic about that, too.

I don't know if this question is appropriate, but I'd like to know why he thinks Verteporfin research hasn't gained enough traction yet, given the scientific evidence.

Thanks Melvin!

• Like 1

I have a question:

does he think verteporfin would potentially help scar revisions? If so, to what extent? I have a nasty fut scar where I have to keep my hair long and still cover it up with hair fibers. The scar is raised and thick

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

May verteporfin cause growth of cancerous cells ?

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

1) Verterporfin use in existing FUE scars, if it won't work in existing FUE scars then making fresh wounds in the FUE scar using a small sharp punch and then injecting verterporfin.

2) Long term and short term side effects of Verterporfin if any.

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator

Please can you ask Dr. Longaker what he sees may be the potential widestream uses of verteporfin one day? Like, what does he see as the potential outcome of his research? Reducing scars in surgery, scar revision, regrowing normal skin structures i.e. sweat glands/hair follicles? 

Edited by Magic City

There's a question that's been bugging me for a bit. Several papers provide contradictory research, sayign YAP activation is actually better for skin regrowth: Can you ask him to explain the contradiction?

Here are some papers:

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2305085120

https://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/pdf/S1534-5807(21)00726-7.pdf

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2309991120

On 7/28/2023 at 9:51 AM, bigmistake said:

1) Verterporfin use in existing FUE scars, if it won't work in existing FUE scars then making fresh wounds in the FUE scar using a small sharp punch and then injecting verterporfin.

2) Long term and short term side effects of Verterporfin if any.

3) I would also like to add a third question, if verteporfin actually does regrow hair, then can it help to maintain existing hair ? 

Hi guys. So the rescheduled trial was due on the 1st of August but I’m waiting to hear the feedback from @Melvin- Moderator chat to Dr. Longaker as this may provide good insight or changes to the proposed dosing/protocol. I can reschedule the trial accordingly. Just thought of keeping you all updated regarding that. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

I would like to add a couple of questions for Dr. Longaker

1) Does he already have an approval (if needed) to use Verteporfin in his next cleft lip scar revision
surgery? When would that surgery take place?

2) If Verteporfin use is successful and the demand grows very fast, how long would it take for the suppliers to catch up and the prices to become reasonable?

Guys these are some good questions for podcast, but we don't know how long the initial call would be and if you let me sum up the most important questions, in case there is no enough time and Dr. Longaker doesn't agree to podcast.

1) The best dosage, concentration, and drug delivery/injection method ?
2) Safety side of using Verteporfin for wound healing, may it cause development of cancerous cells ?
3) When will they start human trials and when this will be available in market ?
4) What's the best method to use Verteporfin to repair existing scars ?
5) May it create hair on head where hair already miniaturized ?

• Like 3

Firs of all, we would loke to thank @Melvin- Moderator for passing on our questions to Dr. Longaker. My question to DR. is very simple and it is if with the help of verteporfin stretch marks could also be removed, since i understand that these are still a type of scar. Greeting and thanks again to Dr melvin. 

• Like 1