Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

1 hour ago, Nikoni said:

Maybe guys like Elon Musk, Joe Rogan can support this ? They have visible HT scars. Can anyone somehow reach to them ? @Melvin- Moderator

Good idea! Rogan would probably be interested since his scar is evident and also has a huge audience. It should be interesting for lots of people, given the potential of verteporfin in all cases of scar formation, so focusing only on a niche audience such as HT patients might not be the optimal approach to push it forward as quickly as possible.

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator for all you do! I hope Dr. Longaker accepts to be a guest in your podcast, I sent him an email too.

Edited by tatasabaya

1 hour ago, Nikoni said:

Maybe guys like Elon Musk, Joe Rogan can support this ? They have visible HT scars. Can anyone somehow reach to them ? @Melvin- Moderator

maybe also jeff bezos unironically, dude clearly cares a lot about his physical appearance considering his steroids and filler phase, maybe verteporfin could help put his hair back on the menu

and this more plates more date guy maybe...that guy has a huge audience

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Nikoni said:

Joe Rogan is anti-hair loss treatment. He’s definitely in the “shave it bro” category. Elon Musk might be someone interested. But we really need to get the initial Stanford researchers to break down the science and get behind this novel approach. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Folks, keep it real. These high profile celebrities aren't going to stick their neck out for this in a million years. Even if they were interested in this, they'd do in privately. We need surgeons and researchers. I don't think aiming to get the attention of a podcaster infamous for pseudoscience or a billionaire megalomaniac is going to help that.

Edited by alopeciaphobia
  • Like 4

Elon is very interested in world improvement. I wouldn't be surprised if he raised funds for this cause. 

It's about hair loss, scars and even scar-related diseases. Most likely large sums of money are not necessary.

4 hours ago, alopeciaphobia said:

Folks, keep it real. These high profile celebrities aren't going to stick their neck out for this in a million years. 

Why not? If I were rich I would take care of diseases first and not mars missions.

• Face Palm 1

Let´s be honest. At this point, the community still has difficulty in convincing its' own insiders (Mohebi, Rassman, Bisanga etc.) of verteporfin. To an outsider, this is most likely just hair loss "cure" #4578 where the previous 4577 attemps failed. 

Besides that, I don't think the backing of a Musk or Rogan would be necessary or even positive.  There are already trials taking place that will in a rather short term show whether there is potential for further research. In that case, more (reputed) surgeons like those mentioned will be open to trials. If a beneficial effect of verteporfin exists, it will be found thanks to the advocacy of this community (especially Melvin).

Let's say it works to a degree and Rogan promotes it. Many people will want it and with the small supply of verteporfin, prices will skyrocket and actually getting the stuff will be harder.

Edited by Square1
  • Like 2

That is not like hairloss cure #4578. 

It is well known that fetuses do not form scars from injuries. The stanford papers shows a significant scar improvement in pigs and a hair regeneration of 50% with FAK inhibitors. 

If the first tests do not show any relevant results, it means nothing. 

I really hope that verteporfin can improve scars and/or hair regeneration, but it will probably be too weak.

And again, it could not only be used against scarring and hair loss, but possibly also against heart muscle scarring, fibrosis of the lungs, etc.

8 hours ago, Dieter987 said:

That is not like hairloss cure #4578. 

It is well known that fetuses do not form scars from injuries. The stanford papers shows a significant scar improvement in pigs and a hair regeneration of 50% with FAK inhibitors. 

If the first tests do not show any relevant results, it means nothing. 

I really hope that verteporfin can improve scars and/or hair regeneration, but it will probably be too weak.

And again, it could not only be used against scarring and hair loss, but possibly also against heart muscle scarring, fibrosis of the lungs, etc.

Please read the full sentence, it says "to an outsider". Most people don't care to get that deep into a hairloss-cure. To them, it is the next flashy thing with supposedly incredible science behind it, just never to be heard of again. 

I personally do have faith in verteporfin, I think the results of the initial trial deserve a follow-up. Happy to see that coming, let's wait and see what they will bring.  

Dr. Bloxham just dropped this video:

I've been wondering, if Verteporfin is proven to work successfully in humans and the demand grows exponentially, how long would it take for the suppliers to catch up? Is it hard to scale things up?

Edited by tatasabaya
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, tatasabaya said:

Dr. Bloxham just dropped this video:

I've been wondering, if Verteporfin is proven to work successfully in humans and the demand grows exponentially, how long would it take for the suppliers to catch up? Is it hard to scale things up?

Great, this guy is actually passionate about the experiment instead of "ok, ok, I'll try it". Also very positive that he is in contact with dr. Barghouthi. 

Is there a date known that he will make his first evaluation? Missed that from the video 

5 hours ago, Square1 said:

Great, this guy is actually passionate about the experiment instead of "ok, ok, I'll try it". Also very positive that he is in contact with dr. Barghouthi. 

Is there a date known that he will make his first evaluation? Missed that from the video 

I don’t think he gave a date, but he said he will be giving updates. 

Very encouraging to see Dr Bloxham trialling this. He seems very informed on the treatment and very enthusiastic, which is a positive. 
What do people see as the potential outcome of these trials? If verteporfin proves successful at either minimising scarring or regrowing hair (or both), do you think it may eventually be used off label in hair transplants, given that it is an FDA approved drug with safety data backing it up? 

I appreciate there is a long way to go and many other hyped treatments have flopped, but the trialling is necessary with this drug I think to really understand its potential uses 

2 minutes ago, Magic City said:

Very encouraging to see Dr Bloxham trialling this. He seems very informed on the treatment and very enthusiastic, which is a positive. 
What do people see as the potential outcome of these trials? If verteporfin proves successful at either minimising scarring or regrowing hair (or both), do you think it may eventually be used off label in hair transplants, given that it is an FDA approved drug with safety data backing it up? 

I appreciate there is a long way to go and many other hyped treatments have flopped, but the trialling is necessary with this drug I think to really understand its potential uses 

Yes, it’ll definitely be used. I’m very excited for this FUT because although Dr Barghouthi’s initial FUE showed us promising results, an FUT will show us much better whether it works given how much damage is done by an FUT.

• Like 2

Unlike other treatments, there is real science behind this one backed by Stanford scientists. The scar forming path and its prevention is well known, the only question now is if Verteporfin strong enough to do the job. Also there are variables like dosage, delivery method.
Other treatments claimed to grow hair, Verteporfin is about repairing skin, and hair is a part of healthy scalp skin.

• Like 2

Hi guys. So the trial is planned for today and everything is set to go. However, few of us including the patient are unwell with a viral stomach bug that has been spreading the last week in the city. I will have to reschedule for next week and as soon as we know the date I will publish it here. 

• Like 15

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

Dr. Mike Longaker, emailed me back. He’s setting up a time to call me. Will report back when I have more news.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

39 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Mike Longaker, emailed me back. He’s setting up a time to call me. Will report back when I have more news.

This is huge ! Thank you Melvin for your dedication.

45 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Just as I thought your contribution to the verteporfin experiments was already at maximum awesomeness, you went yet another step further! Simply amazing. Thank you, Melvin!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

that’s insane. Thanks so much! 

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Great news Melvin. I hope he agrees on doing a podcast also. Is it worth coordinating with Dr.B to hold off the trial until you had the call with Dr.Longkar; maybe he’ll shed some light or provide some dosage/ way of injections/ volumes per cm …. That can improve the trial? Just a thought.

great job Melvin! 

I was just pixel-peeping the results so far and I'm getting the impression that some of the conditions may have been mixed up? It looks like two different areas have both marked as 0.4mg T.

In this image here it's the leftmost square (since no excisions are visible to the left) marked as 0.4mg T.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:17 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

24d50f22-f7d2-4bbf-bf8d-850383aaafb6.JPG

Whereas in the image here it's not the leftmost square (as there is another square of excisions very close to it on the left side) that's marked as 0.4mg T.

On 11/17/2022 at 2:43 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

2C1583EA-4428-49BF-A07B-9A986669E84C.thumb.jpeg.7e6760a359112065ed762732e1e4d9b4.jpeg

A couple of other surrounding features of the scalp also seem not to match up.

I believe that the first photo I quoted (with the red marker) is the first square on the photo below, and the second photo I quoted (with the blue vertical line drawn in it) is the third square on the photo below:

On 7/22/2022 at 8:17 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

16cd4347-8908-457c-b6bd-3907ae6e31c1.JPG

If I had to guess, based on having just reviewed all of the photos, the conditions are from left to right: 0.32T, 0.32C, 0.4T, 0.4C, 0.24T, 0.24C, and the first photo I quoted (with the red marker) is the incorrectly marked one and is actually 0.32T.

Is this correct, or am I tripping?

Edited by alopeciaphobia

7 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Might be worth asking Dr. Barghouthi to postpone his procedure in case we’re able to get info for the pig dosing or human projected dosing.