Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

On 7/30/2023 at 11:01 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys. So the rescheduled trial was due on the 1st of August but I’m waiting to hear the feedback from @Melvin- Moderator chat to Dr. Longaker as this may provide good insight or changes to the proposed dosing/protocol. I can reschedule the trial accordingly. Just thought of keeping you all updated regarding that. 

• Administrators

Unfortunately, my son got sick the day I was to speak to Dr. Longaker. I’m trying to reschedule another slot. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Unfortunately, my son got sick the day I was to speak to Dr. Longaker. I’m trying to reschedule another slot. 

Hope your son is feeling better. Thanks for the update! 

29 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Good health to your son and hope you'll manage to schedule another call.

@DrTBarghouthido you have any updates with new trial date/previous patient follow up ? IMO doesn't worth to wait for Longaker , it is very uncertain we'll get info to improve protocol.

12 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

Good health to your son and hope you'll manage to schedule another call.

@DrTBarghouthido you have any updates with new trial date/previous patient follow up ? IMO doesn't worth to wait for Longaker , it is very uncertain we'll get info to improve protocol.

Why should we not wait for Longaker? If we can find out in a week or two, that would be huge. Could mean the difference between success and failure. We've waited so long anyways -- one to two weeks is nothing compared to that.

22 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Why should we not wait for Longaker? If we can find out in a week or two, that would be huge. Could mean the difference between success and failure. We've waited so long anyways -- one to two weeks is nothing compared to that.

Personally I don't think Dr. Longaker will tell anything that would improve protocol. It's just a call , no guarantees.  Dosage and delivery method are key, and Longaker wouldn't have much experience with FUE scarring.

Of course this is only my opinion, and Dr. Barghouthi will know better.

• Like 3

On 8/5/2023 at 10:31 AM, Fox243 said:

Because we’ve already had success, of course limited and it’s possible that there’s things we can improve on, this trial was scheduled to start around April/may if I’m not mistaken, two weeks can turn into months which can turn into never. Let’s just do the trial how we did it before with different dosages as planned and keep moving forward, if longaker has advice we can do it on the next trial. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Because we’ve already had success, of course limited and it’s possible that there’s things we can improve on, this trial was scheduled to start around April/may if I’m not mistaken, two weeks can turn into months which can turn into never. Let’s just do the trial how we did it before with different dosages as planned and keep moving forward, if longaker has advice we can do it on the next trial. Just my opinion.

We already have Dr. Bloxham doing a new trial with feedback from Dr Barghouthi. There’s not much to improve on that. There’d be a lot of redundancy. 

Edited by Fox243

It's very unlikely that Longaker will disclose dosage before official announcement. Anything else wouldn't affect protocol.
And this trial was already postponed few times. Anyways this is up to Dr. Barghouthi and patient to decide on date.
Let's wait for updates and hope for the best. We're all on the same side.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

We already have Dr. Bloxham doing a new trial with feedback from Dr Barghouthi. There’s not much to improve on that. There’d be a lot of redundancy. 

FUT Vs FUE, huge difference.

Just now, Jonathan said:

FUT Vs FUE, huge difference.

Why? FUT is predicted to show a greater difference in results because of increased SHH signaling. Can you please explain the science of how an FUE could work while an FUT might not? 

• Administrators

I’m scheduled to talk to Dr. Longaker today. Has anyone created a Verteporfin sub reddit? Might be a good idea to announce it there, hopefully we can streamline a protocol. As for FUT vs. FUE. I’ll ask which is theoretically better.

• Like 9

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

48 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m scheduled to talk to Dr. Longaker today. Has anyone created a Verteporfin sub reddit? Might be a good idea to announce it there, hopefully we can streamline a protocol. As for FUT vs. FUE. I’ll ask which is theoretically better.

I will blow this up in the discord and telegram I’m in. What time is it? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Fox243 said:

I will blow this up in the discord and telegram I’m in. What time is it? 

11:30 pacific time.

• Like 3

View my thread

• Administrators

Sorry guys, he canceled the meeting and rescheduled for August 28th. 

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Anyway thank you for you efforts.
Are there any news from Dr. Barghouthi regarding follow up with previous patient or new trial ? Maybe you can arrange another podcast with Dr. ?

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You have the list of questions we are all interested in Melvin. Why cant we provide it to him via email and ask him or his office/assistant/scientific team to answer it in a written form instead of verbally at least for now. After that if he will have more free time at some point and is actually willing to educate people with his scientific approaches and breakthroughs then a podcast can be arranged as he wishes on the 28th but at least for the sake of dosing and volumes and process of injections it’s even better understood written than verbally. 

on a side note a friend tells me that some group interested in scars tried several times to get answers from him and he refused or didn’t even reply because he is trying to patent the drug and sell his approach as a cure at some point so there is no benefit for him to reveal the recipe to the public. Which makes me wonder if Dr.B holding his trial is even worth it as this stage.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Gatchpt said:

You have the list of questions we are all interested in Melvin. Why cant we provide it to him via email and ask him or his office/assistant/scientific team to answer it in a written form instead of verbally at least for now. After that if he will have more free time at some point and is actually willing to educate people with his scientific approaches and breakthroughs then a podcast can be arranged as he wishes on the 28th but at least for the sake of dosing and volumes and process of injections it’s even better understood written than verbally. 

on a side note a friend tells me that some group interested in scars tried several times to get answers from him and he refused or didn’t even reply because he is trying to patent the drug and sell his approach as a cure at some point so there is no benefit for him to reveal the recipe to the public. Which makes me wonder if Dr.B holding his trial is even worth it as this stage.

Well, I don't want to bombard him with these questions. Writing out answers is time-consuming. He also told me he generally doesn't take these requests. I'm trying to be respectful of his time. I will make sure to ask all of the questions when we speak. The goal would be to do a podcast with him live and have him answer the question in real-time.

• Like 4

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nikoni said:

Anyway thank you for you efforts.
Are there any news from Dr. Barghouthi regarding follow up with previous patient or new trial ? Maybe you can arrange another podcast with Dr. ?

I will reach out to Dr. Barghouthi today. Hopefully, we can do another podcast. 

• Like 3

View my thread