Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

So far I understand the risk is minimal to non-existent. Why more docs would not offer to use Vert if the patient is willing to pay for it? Also, I do not understand why not more HT docs are willing to at least try it.

Edited by Imotski

This thread is close to celebriting its' anniversary. I am super curious whether the (visual) gains that the original patient seemed to have made are still there. Are there follow-ups planned with him?

2 hours ago, Imotski said:

So far I understand the risk is minimal to non-existent. Why more docs would not offer to use Vert if the patient is willing to pay for it? Also, I do not understand why not more HT docs are willing to at least try it.

I think it needs to come from the patients. Personally, when I go for a HT, I'm going to press the doctor to use it on me. Why not take the chance to expand my donor area? If I get a HT instead without verteporfin, the area which had grafts taken out may never be viable for regrowth again.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I think it needs to come from the patients. Personally, when I go for a HT, I'm going to press the doctor to use it on me. Why not take the chance to expand my donor area? If I get a HT instead without verteporfin, the area which had grafts taken out may never be viable for regrowth again.

Exactly, I have the same thought. I was waiting till the point i really need a HT and I'm old enough (from 2015). I have reached the point to initiate the first steps for my first HT. The cure is far away, but i do not want to miss the opportunity to at least lessen the FUE scars. Also i do not want to wait 5 more years. Good point. I will try to contact my favorite surgeons and present the idea. Do you guys have a guess, how much Verteporfin is needed and how much the cost would be for a 2-3k graft session?

17 minutes ago, Imotski said:

Exactly, I have the same thought. I was waiting till the point i really need a HT and I'm old enough (from 2015). I have reached the point to initiate the first steps for my first HT. The cure is far away, but i do not want to miss the opportunity to at least lessen the FUE scars. Also i do not want to wait 5 more years. Good point. I will try to contact my favorite surgeons and present the idea. Do you guys have a guess, how much Verteporfin is needed and how much the cost would be for a 2-3k graft session?

It wouldn’t be too expensive. A couple grand at most for the brand name visudyne. If you got the generic, probably under a thousand. 

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't wait to get updates on this. I don't want to get my hopes up but this could immensely impact my quality of life... I just want to get rid of my scars and be bald.

1 hour ago, Fox243 said:

It wouldn’t be too expensive. A couple grand at most for the brand name visudyne. If you got the generic, probably under a thousand. 

Generic verteporfin exists? I thought Visudyne was the only commercially available kind.

I understand this is about verteporfin in regards to hair restoration. However since it’s seeming to be a potential cure for scarring I understand FUT scars are a huge issue, but so is all kinds of scarring no matter the location. 

I don’t understand how all the plastic surgeons so far have zero interest in this, especially ones offering scar revisions.

I deal with facial scarring that has significantly impacted my quality of life over the past 3 years and know for a fact I would pay all the money in the world to be able to look at myself in the mirror without these horrible scars. So I really hope things pick up one day so maybe this can become a mainstream treatment option in the near future as me and many others would love to feel like ourselves again and be able to be confident in our own skin. I would gladly be a Guinea pig for verteporfin with my scars to see if it is really a cure as they can’t get much worse then they already are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burnzy said:

I understand this is about verteporfin in regards to hair restoration. However since it’s seeming to be a potential cure for scarring I understand FUT scars are a huge issue, but so is all kinds of scarring no matter the location. 

I don’t understand how all the plastic surgeons so far have zero interest in this, especially ones offering scar revisions.

I deal with facial scarring that has significantly impacted my quality of life over the past 3 years and know for a fact I would pay all the money in the world to be able to look at myself in the mirror without these horrible scars. So I really hope things pick up one day so maybe this can become a mainstream treatment option in the near future as me and many others would love to feel like ourselves again and be able to be confident in our own skin. I would gladly be a Guinea pig for verteporfin with my scars to see if it is really a cure as they can’t get much worse then they already are.

Same here. I had undiagnosed folliculitis on my facial hair… had a cyst surgically removed, and it left a scar. Then got other cysts since the underlying folliculitis wasn’t fixed… now I have like 5 sebaceous cysts on my face/neck, and don’t want them removed due to more scars.

I’d get them removed if someone would use verteporfin.

also my FUT scar formed a keloid lol. Have to hide it every day.

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Dr. Bloxham’s FUT trial was just confirmed to be on Tuesday, July 11th. I’ll keep you all updated. 

But I saw something about him posting his final protocol for people in the discord to provide their feedback/comments.. does that mean that there might be changes to the protocol leading to postponement. I mean it would have made more sense to collect feedback then deciding on the date. Regardless, I hope this time it will happen and we know whether it works or not 🤞🏽lfgoooo

2 minutes ago, Gatchpt said:

But I saw something about him posting his final protocol for people in the discord to provide their feedback/comments.. does that mean that there might be changes to the protocol leading to postponement. I mean it would have made more sense to collect feedback then deciding on the date. Regardless, I hope this time it will happen and we know whether it works or not 🤞🏽lfgoooo

I'd assume that if there were major changes to the protocol, there could be a postponement, but Dr. Bloxham has been doing his homework for months, so I don't anticipate him needing many changes.

Dr. Bloxham has just provided his procedure -- please let me know if you have detailed experience in surgery, verteporfin, or FUTs in particular. We're trying to provide him advice by tomorrow night.

On 7/7/2023 at 4:07 PM, Fox243 said:

Dr. Bloxham has just provided his procedure -- please let me know if you have detailed experience in surgery, verteporfin, or FUTs in particular. We're trying to provide him advice by tomorrow night.

What’s the latest dude. Date is fixed? Any concerns arising? Keep’s in the light 

Hi guys. Hope all is well and apologies for the uncertainty with dates but I needed to make sure we have both the patient and the medication. Our full FUE trial is now scheduled and booked for 23rd of July. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Like 12
  • Wow 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys. Hope all is well and apologies for the uncertainty with dates but I needed to make sure we have both the patient and the medication. Our full FUE trial is now scheduled and booked for 23rd of July. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Thank you @DrTBarghouthi !!! Is there a follow up with previous patient ? It's been a year and it would be great to see the donor area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thank you. If I'm not mistaken, 0.4mg is going to be the lowest concentration used in this trial. What will be the maximum?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Amazing, can’t wait for the new trial.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Nikoni said:

Hi @Fox243 , any updates ? was it done ?

“Dr. Bloxham did the procedure, three dosages were used:

0.05 mL/5 mm

0.075 mL/5 mm

0.1 mL/5 mm

at the concentration of 2 mg/mL” 

3 different patients. This is what I received from a guy in some group for scars.seems the focus in this forum is more on  Dr Barghouti’s trial but I think Dr Blocham FUT trial will give a definitive answer of whether this thing work or not 🤞🏽 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Gatchpt said:

“Dr. Bloxham did the procedure, three dosages were used:

0.05 mL/5 mm

0.075 mL/5 mm

0.1 mL/5 mm

at the concentration of 2 mg/mL” 

3 different patients. This is what I received from a guy in some group for scars.seems the focus in this forum is more on  Dr Barghouti’s trial but I think Dr Blocham FUT trial will give a definitive answer of whether this thing work or not 🤞🏽 

Thanks for the update!

How does that translate to Dr Barghouti's dosages? It's a bit confusing for me.

Edited by tatasabaya