Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

9 hours ago, Fox243 said:

@Hairgain if ur interested in following up, there's a derm I was talking to almost a year ago who was interested. Her name is Dr Anastasia Therianou. She liked the idea of verteporfin but wanted to see more proof, so maybe you can show her Dr. B's latest photos and express your interest to her.  

If someone could get her on board, i can create more posts on tressless, and the hair trasnplant forum on reddit and many people will be interested

• Like 1

This is the most exciting thing that's happened in the hair industry in decades. Especially as somebody with a thinner donor area. Gonna wait for these trials before I schedule my next HT. Hoping for the best. Hell if this actually works I might even get me a full beard too😎.....the future is finally looking bright fellas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -TheHairUpThere- said:

This is the most exciting thing that's happened in the hair industry in decades. Especially as somebody with a thinner donor area. Gonna wait for these trials before I schedule my next HT. Hoping for the best. Hell if this actually works I might even get me a full beard too😎.....the future is finally looking bright fellas. 

Hopefully, the end of hair loss is near

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fabio69 said:

In the 0.4 verteprofin FUE transplant, does anyone know what the percentage regrowth was. Was it 30%, 40%, etc.

The biopsy on the test area had twice as much hair as the control group. Typically, they do not harvest more than 50% of the hairs in the donor area, so that would be 100% regeneration. Now I don't believe from the photos we have seen that it looked like a 100% regeneration, at least visually speaking. But who knows, with typical hair transplantation it can take up to 18 months for hair to cycle and grow in. It may be the same for newly regenerated hairs, they may need to cycle to see the full effect. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 5/10/2023 at 3:06 PM, Hairgain said:

I agree that if a normal chest hair is of a certain type, Verteporfin should regrow a hair that is normal for its skin type and location. However the difference with miniaturized hair is that it was a process of DHT exposure that caused it to miniaturize, but if a new layer of skin is grown that time has not been able to alter that by logic would tell me rather than a vellus or lanugo type of hair being regrown it should instead produce a terminal hair.

The other instance of why I think a terminal hair may not be regrown is the skin tension hypothesis. If there is too much muscle mass and not enough blood to reach the area through capillaries, then there is not what's needed to create a thick hair. There is a real argument to this as men who transition with drugs that change the skull mass many seem to regrow these areas of hair thinning and balding with time, at least partially if not fully. It's like they've reversed the process of what caused the issue.  

Our skulls do continue to grow in mass as we age from what I've read, adding credibility to my position. I think the reason woman lose hair in different areas from men is their skull growth patterns by what sections increase in size with time, thus explaining the female "Christmas Tree" pattern (as an example). However sometimes yet more uncommonly men and women can get skull growth patterns that are more commonly found in the opposite sex. I know a lot of people dismiss this but it seems to make sense from my observation of the morphology of people with time. I could be wrong. Usually a younger person will have a smaller sized skull on average than an older person. 

I mean this sounds like "blood flow theory" which doesn't have any real scientific backing from what I've read. That being said, we just need to test it in the balding area, all of it is conjecture until then. 

On 5/16/2023 at 4:27 PM, MrFox said:

I mean this sounds like "blood flow theory" which doesn't have any real scientific backing from what I've read. That being said, we just need to test it in the balding area, all of it is conjecture until then. 

I really don't understand why you say there's no scientific backing to the blood flow theory. Could you please further explain your position to give a strong case for your statement? From how I understand the situation, that without blood flow to the follicles they shrink, deplete and die off. What's unscientific about that? It makes perfect logical sense. If you get no blood flow to any part of the body for long enough time it simply shrinks in size, loses function and dies off. 

18 hours ago, Hairgain said:

I really don't understand why you say there's no scientific backing to the blood flow theory. Could you please further explain your position to give a strong case for your statement? From how I understand the situation, that without blood flow to the follicles they shrink, deplete and die off. What's unscientific about that? It makes perfect logical sense. If you get no blood flow to any part of the body for long enough time it simply shrinks in size, loses function and dies off. 

Kevin does a pretty good job explaining it here. It seems the theory is based off some pretty biased research from one doctor who selectively added patients to fit his assumptions. 

From my understanding, the blood supply is decreased because the follicle miniturizes, not the other way around. If blood flow caused miniaturization than hair transplantation would not work. The transplanted follicles would also miniaturize, as the area would still not have adequate blood flow. There are plenty of people with malocclusion and no hair loss and also plenty of people with hair loss and no malocclusion.

Edited by MrFox
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Guys,

I agree with Kevin on the blood flow theory. But this thread is about Verteporfin.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

I agree with Kevin on the blood flow theory. But this thread is about Verteporfin.

Hey melvin,

Is there any more updates on the upcoming verteporfin trials/new trials happening

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Fabio69 said:

Hey melvin,

Is there any more updates on the upcoming verteporfin trials/new trials happening

I received an email from Dr. Mohebi today. He said he brought it up to some physicians/researchers, and there is interest. The goal would be to do a legitimate clinical trial possibly at UCLA. I’ll get more information. I’m planning on doing a podcast with Dr. Mohebi soon. Hopefully, we can broadcast something exciting.

• Like 13

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

38 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I received an email from Dr. Mohebi today. He said he brought it up to some physicians/researchers, and there is interest. The goal would be to do a legitimate clinical trial possibly at UCLA. I’ll get more information. I’m planning on doing a podcast with Dr. Mohebi soon. Hopefully, we can broadcast something exciting.

Thats awesome! 

On an unrelated note, I spoke with "The hair chemist" who is getting a FUT with verteporfin, and he stated he is flying out tomorrow to have it done. He also mentioned that Barghouthi is using 50mg. Do you know if this is more than his last fue tests?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aspect said:

Thats awesome! 

On an unrelated note, I spoke with "The hair chemist" who is getting a FUT with verteporfin, and he stated he is flying out tomorrow to have it done. He also mentioned that Barghouthi is using 50mg. Do you know if this is more than his last fue tests?

He’s doing FUT, I don’t think that’s Dr Bargouthi, he’s simply going to be overseeing and helping out on that trial. I’m wondering if Dr B is still doing his FUE trials, which was at .4mg.

So did all of the interest in verteporfin experiments shift to FUT?

I'm getting a bit lost in this topic, and apparently, that's as the 2nd most frequent poster 😅.

I remember during the live stream Dr. Barghouthi said the long-awaited second FUE case study was happening in late April or early May. Are we to conclude that this has been postponed again?

Is Dr. Mohebi planning on using verteporfin with FUE, FUT, or in balding areas?

• Like 3

This looks intriguing, and it could revolutionize the hair-restoration industry.

I'm skeptical about the scope of the hair it can recover, however: does it only revive non-harvested hairs physically lost due to FUT/FUE scarring, or can it generate new/replacement donor grafts? It's a crucial distinction for me. I don't know if that's been tested exhaustively yet (or the epistemological limitations of testing it), but I'm interested in even just a theoretical answer for now.

Sorry if this is an already-answered FAQ; I've only skimmed through the OP and first page. I'll comb through the rest of the thread when I have more sitdown time, but I'd appreciate if anyone can clarify that in the meantime.

Edited by Trichotrophy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Hannah-M said:

I am interested. Does this cover the cost of the entire surgery as well? 

I think we already covered one but haven’t gotten any updates on it. I’m sure Dr B is busy on other matters I’m sure he will update soon though.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Hannah-M said:

I am interested. Does this cover the cost of the entire surgery as well? 

This particular patient paid for his procedure and volunteered to be a part of the study. 

View my thread

41 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This particular patient paid for his procedure and volunteered to be a part of the study. 

Sorry which patient/doctor are you referring to?

• Administrators
Just now, Fox243 said:

Sorry which patient/doctor are you referring to?

The only patient that has received Verteporfin with Dr. Barghouthi. 

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The only patient that has received Verteporfin with Dr. Barghouthi. 

Could be wrong but think he’s referring to the donations from verteporfin.org

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Could be wrong but think he’s referring to the donations from verteporfin.org

I may be mistaken, but I do believe he paid for the actual surgery. But not for the a Verteporfin or the trial. 

• Like 1

View my thread