Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

8 hours ago, Rasputin said:

My logic (but my logic could obviously be wrong) is that, like you said, it would regenerate healthy skin, but male pattern baldness is not a skin issue. I think Verteporfin doesn't "care" about hair, whether vellus or terminal, it just regenerates the skin and tissues how they were before the wound.

It shouldn't magically regrow a terminal hair when it was a vellus before the wound. Let's say you don't have terminal hair on the chest and you use verteporfin, it won't grow terminal hair.

Now, sure, the miniaturization of the hair is a process (I mean by that, you had terminal hair before, it's not like you were always with miniaturized hair), but I don't get why Verteporfin would regenerate the skin with the "healthy" hair follicle, if, at the time of the wound, it was already weakened / miniaturized.

I hope I'm wrong though. But if it just regenerate the healthy hair follicles in the safe zone for exemple or the beard, then I don't see what's the issue. We just go for hair transplant and we're good.

I agree that if a normal chest hair is of a certain type, Verteporfin should regrow a hair that is normal for its skin type and location. However the difference with miniaturized hair is that it was a process of DHT exposure that caused it to miniaturize, but if a new layer of skin is grown that time has not been able to alter that by logic would tell me rather than a vellus or lanugo type of hair being regrown it should instead produce a terminal hair.

The other instance of why I think a terminal hair may not be regrown is the skin tension hypothesis. If there is too much muscle mass and not enough blood to reach the area through capillaries, then there is not what's needed to create a thick hair. There is a real argument to this as men who transition with drugs that change the skull mass many seem to regrow these areas of hair thinning and balding with time, at least partially if not fully. It's like they've reversed the process of what caused the issue.  

Our skulls do continue to grow in mass as we age from what I've read, adding credibility to my position. I think the reason woman lose hair in different areas from men is their skull growth patterns by what sections increase in size with time, thus explaining the female "Christmas Tree" pattern (as an example). However sometimes yet more uncommonly men and women can get skull growth patterns that are more commonly found in the opposite sex. I know a lot of people dismiss this but it seems to make sense from my observation of the morphology of people with time. I could be wrong. Usually a younger person will have a smaller sized skull on average than an older person. 

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

mice dont have adrogentic alopecia though

however, interesting thought. should be tried out. since it doesnt work with the average 1.5mm microneedling device (see some replies a few pages before) medical assistance from a doctor would be needed

My question is whether damaged hair / follicles (due to whatever reason) came back in their healthy state after wounding + verteporfin. If that is the case, I can see it working on balding areas. If not, I lean more towards the theory that verteporfin simply replicates the state before wounding.

If the latter is the case, I can see it working several times on the same follicles. 

Dr. Bloxham in New York is recruiting 3 more patients for both FUT/FUT revision trials using verteporfin. Reply to this message if you're interested.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Dr. Bloxham is recruiting 3 more patients for both FUT/FUT revision trials using verteporfin. Reply to this message if you're interested.

This is proof Melvin's pitch was effective! Great job buddy. It shows how even if one has no degree next to a name that in the right circles of people an individual can be taken seriously. Well done!

14 hours ago, Hairgain said:

I agree that if a normal chest hair is of a certain type, Verteporfin should regrow a hair that is normal for its skin type and location. However the difference with miniaturized hair is that it was a process of DHT exposure that caused it to miniaturize, but if a new layer of skin is grown that time has not been able to alter that by logic would tell me rather than a vellus or lanugo type of hair being regrown it should instead produce a terminal hair.

The other instance of why I think a terminal hair may not be regrown is the skin tension hypothesis. If there is too much muscle mass and not enough blood to reach the area through capillaries, then there is not what's needed to create a thick hair. There is a real argument to this as men who transition with drugs that change the skull mass many seem to regrow these areas of hair thinning and balding with time, at least partially if not fully. It's like they've reversed the process of what caused the issue.  

Our skulls do continue to grow in mass as we age from what I've read, adding credibility to my position. I think the reason woman lose hair in different areas from men is their skull growth patterns by what sections increase in size with time, thus explaining the female "Christmas Tree" pattern (as an example). However sometimes yet more uncommonly men and women can get skull growth patterns that are more commonly found in the opposite sex. I know a lot of people dismiss this but it seems to make sense from my observation of the morphology of people with time. I could be wrong. Usually a younger person will have a smaller sized skull on average than an older person. 

women who get treated with aromatase inhibitor for breast cancer develop male pattern baldness. aromatase inhibitors have no effect on skull

• Wow 1

21 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Dr. Bloxham in New York is recruiting 3 more patients for both FUT/FUT revision trials using verteporfin. Reply to this message if you're interested.

I had an FUT in 2017, and my scar seems to be a keloid (raised and wide…).   I would be very interested in this. I am located in Boston. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I just spoke to @Parsa Mohebi, MD he’s interested in conducting his own trial. He used to perform trials at John Hopkins Hospital. The movement is growing 👏🏼

• Like 6
  • Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 hours ago, Steele114 said:

very interested!

Dr. Bloxham actually got enough patients, but if anything changes, I'll let you know. Maybe it'd be worth contacting Dr. Mohebi instead to have a chance.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Anyone in the LA area, send me a PM. I will connect you with Dr. Mohebi. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

17 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Anyone in the LA area, send me a PM. I will connect you with Dr. Mohebi. 

Hey melvin, great work.

I created some posts on reddit about surgeons who will want patients for verteporfin trials and hopefully more people are aware and are in contact 

Edited by Fabio69

• Administrators

For anyone in the LA area email me service@hairtransplantnetwork.com. Feel free to share this on other platforms as well. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
2 hours ago, dense_elephant said:

@Melvin- Moderator I’m interested in learning more about the trial 

Email me service@hairtransplantnetwork.com

• Like 1

View my thread

9 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Is Dr Barghouthi still starting his trials early May? Anybody still in contact with him? 

Yes, he is still doing trials in MAY. One of them being the youtuber called "THEHAIRCHEMIST" who is i think undergoing his FUT next week. He will document it on youtube

55 minutes ago, Fabio69 said:

Yes, he is still doing trials in MAY. One of them being the youtuber called "THEHAIRCHEMIST" who is i think undergoing his FUT next week. He will document it on youtube

the surgery is performed by marwan saifi with the assistance of dr. barghouthi i assume?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fabio69 said:

Yes I’ve heard of the FUT surgery with a different doctor, he mentioned he was doing FUE with higher dosages than the previous 0.4 but haven’t heard anything since. 

• Like 2

I was hoping for wounding with Verteporfin added trials for old scarring alopecia and regular androgenetic alopecia cases. Wish some dermatologists could come on board for this modality to trial for regrowing hair. I never got a hair transplant and have no interest in doing one, but would like to see if it has possibilities in getting my temple areas filled in and some thinning spots on my vertex thickened up. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hairgain said:

I was hoping for wounding with Verteporfin added trials for old scarring alopecia and regular androgenetic alopecia cases. Wish some dermatologists could come on board for this modality to trial for regrowing hair. I never got a hair transplant and have no interest in doing one, but would like to see if it has possibilities in getting my temple areas filled in and some thinning spots on my vertex thickened up. 

Maybe you can contact some dermatologists -- nobody is going to join this unless we go out and advocate as Melvin has done. 

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 1

@Hairgain if ur interested in following up, there's a derm I was talking to almost a year ago who was interested. Her name is Dr Anastasia Therianou. She liked the idea of verteporfin but wanted to see more proof, so maybe you can show her Dr. B's latest photos and express your interest to her.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

@Hairgain if ur interested in following up, there's a derm I was talking to almost a year ago who was interested. Her name is Dr Anastasia Therianou. She liked the idea of verteporfin but wanted to see more proof, so maybe you can show her Dr. B's latest photos and express your interest to her.  

I know of her actually. She is situated in UK I believe? I am in New York. Might be worth chatting with her about it to gain some insight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hairgain said:

I know of her actually. She is situated in UK I believe? I am in New York. Might be worth chatting with her about it to gain some insight. 

Yes she’s in the UK – never any harm in chatting 

• Like 1