Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

6 minutes ago, Fabio69 said:

Agreed. I was actually looking forward to his videos. No other news from dr barghouthi. 

Really surprised tbh since the group (1 member mostly) funded the trial he was supposed to do last month, now no updates. Not even a “sorry guys been busy, will update soon” lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad I am not the only one who found that recent update very strange. Why hold the trial for 8 months? Whats going to change in 8 months for the patient? Why is the current vial of Verteporfin being saved and the approach 'optimised' for this specific patient in 8 bleedin months, cant it be used for someone else earlier than that?. Im sure they can get another participant earlier than 8 months if he is not a good candidate (hopefully someone who doesnt have a plethora of prior strip scars so we can see how it works on a new scar first before trying more complex procedures with the drug). Hopefully another trial can be started aside from this as 8 months is a long time to wait unnecessarily. 

The vial of Verteporfin is being saved because I personally own it, infact, I own two vials which are now sitting safely in refrigeration. Case dependency is a factor here and the call we made is to revise and wait. Please be patient and we'll have some interesting data in the near future. Which, I will provide at my own expense for the benefit of this community. 

Your welcome,

Best regards

Killian

7 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

Glad I am not the only one who found that recent update very strange. Why hold the trial for 8 months? Whats going to change in 8 months for the patient? Why is the current vial of Verteporfin being saved and the approach 'optimised' for this specific patient in 8 bleedin months, cant it be used for someone else earlier than that?. Im sure they can get another participant earlier than 8 months if he is not a good candidate (hopefully someone who doesnt have a plethora of prior strip scars so we can see how it works on a new scar first before trying more complex procedures with the drug). Hopefully another trial can be started aside from this as 8 months is a long time to wait unnecessarily. 

Exactly, no single good reason mentioned. I find it intriguing, from Killians perspective it was probably to gain some extra views and attention? Even seen his last video with replies asking about verteporfin and instead of addressing it there he said he would address it the next video making it seem like they did use it after all. No response from either Dr Bs. Feel like there’s something we’re not being told.

6 hours ago, Killian said:

The vial of Verteporfin is being saved because I personally own it, infact, I own two vials which are now sitting safely in refrigeration. Case dependency is a factor here and the call we made is to revise and wait. Please be patient and we'll have some interesting data in the near future. Which, I will provide at my own expense for the benefit of this community. 

Your welcome,

Best regards

Killian

So it’s being saved BECAUSE you personally own it. Makes so much sense now, thanks.

Firstly Johnathan, this is a private case and privately funded research so you are not entitled to be told anything. 

I have said I will document this, and I will, but it will be done correctly and not rushed. Details are between the doctor's and myself, and will not be disclosed at present on a forum. 

I have provided an update to say things are on hold and will return to this topic when the Visudyne is administered. 

You are welcome,

Best

5 minutes ago, Killian said:

Firstly Johnathan, this is a private case and privately funded research so you are not entitled to be told anything. 

I have said I will document this, and I will, but it will be done correctly and not rushed. Details are between the doctor's and myself, and will not be disclosed at present on a forum. 

I have provided an update to say things are on hold and will return to this topic when the Visudyne is administered. 

You are welcome,

Best

Completely agree I have no say in what you do with your verteporfin, it is yours and you have every right to do what you want with it. Privately funded or not, don’t bring this into a publicly funded forum for your gain with no good intent, post about it, get attention from  the forums to your YouTube channel and then wait for WEEKS to state that you decided to not move on and use that verteporfin is not ok and you deserve just a little bit of backlash imo. Here’s the attention you wanted though mr salesman.

You are welcome,

Best

Edited by Jonathan
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

I do apologize for the silence, but I have been out of my office as I’m currently doing all the regulatory paperwork for another clinic in the region and this meant I had to spend the last few weeks there. 
Nonetheless, now that this is almost sorted and I’m back home, I can hope to get the next trial done this month. I have few dates set aside for this month and early July. The reason being is that I do have Vert at clinic but I’m also waiting for a new vial in case the existing one I have is not enough. It has also been stored for few months so I do prefer using a fresh vial. I’m expecting it to arrive next week and then I can give the exact date for the next trial (June/early July). 
I was also planning to be present for Killian’s trial with Dr. Saifi, but we had a delay with the Vert that was ordered and then logistically that made things harder to coordinate as everyone had other set plans for the month with work/ schedule etc. 

I will be also talking to Dr. Bloxham hopefully this week as there are some protocol items that need to be discussed for his trial to also go through. 

Finally, I will arrange a follow up with the existing trial volunteer as he is now approaching the 1 year mark this month. 

I hope to have more news these coming few weeks for everyone and let’s hope for the best. 

• Like 17

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Maybe it is an idea to create some kind of overview of all the trials that are going on / will take place with all of their specific details and insert it in this topic as a opening post? That way, everybody can quickly gauge the state of the research and its results. I would be happy to do that, but I am also a bit lost in all the details :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Maybe it is an idea to create some kind of overview of all the trials that are going on / will take place with all of their specific details and insert it in this topic as a opening post? That way, everybody can quickly gauge the state of the research and its results. I would be happy to do that, but I am also a bit lost in all the details :)

As of now not too confusing. Only 1 real test has been done on humans that we know of, at least with hair transplants. That’s Dr Bs patient and he will be ready for the 1 year update soon. Dr Bloxham, Dr Saifi (the salesman Killian was supposed to have his FUT with him) and Dr Pitella have all agreed to do tests with verteporfin as well. No official timeline for any of these except Dr Barghouthis next trial at .4mg and above FUE style June or early July. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Killian said:

Your welcome,

Best regards

Killian

fwiw, I'm not sure how long it'd be safe to hold verteporfin, so it might be better to sell it to another one of Dr. Saifi's patients.

11 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

As of now not too confusing. Only 1 real test has been done on humans that we know of, at least with hair transplants. That’s Dr Bs patient and he will be ready for the 1 year update soon. Dr Bloxham, Dr Saifi (the salesman Killian was supposed to have his FUT with him) and Dr Pitella have all agreed to do tests with verteporfin as well. No official timeline for any of these except Dr Barghouthis next trial at .4mg and above FUE style June or early July. 

Thanks. Might it be worthwhile to document all the specifics, such as dosages, application methods, results assessments, timelines, future steps etc?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Thanks. Might it be worthwhile to document all the specifics, such as dosages, application methods, results assessments, timelines, future steps etc?

Yes all of it! Especially dosages, wether it’s FUE or FUT, and yes results as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Killian said:

You are welcome,

Best

Guys we are all on the same team here! If there was complications let’s give Killian and the surgical team the benefit of the doubt. I think it’s important to remember that anyone taking this drug is serving as a test subject so it is up to the individual to make that judgment call of risk tolerance. Let’s just keep looking forward to more updates with all of the trials going forward! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

I do apologize for the silence, but I have been out of my office as I’m currently doing all the regulatory paperwork for another clinic in the region and this meant I had to spend the last few weeks there. 
Nonetheless, now that this is almost sorted and I’m back home, I can hope to get the next trial done this month. I have few dates set aside for this month and early July. The reason being is that I do have Vert at clinic but I’m also waiting for a new vial in case the existing one I have is not enough. It has also been stored for few months so I do prefer using a fresh vial. I’m expecting it to arrive next week and then I can give the exact date for the next trial (June/early July). 
I was also planning to be present for Killian’s trial with Dr. Saifi, but we had a delay with the Vert that was ordered and then logistically that made things harder to coordinate as everyone had other set plans for the month with work/ schedule etc. 

I will be also talking to Dr. Bloxham hopefully this week as there are some protocol items that need to be discussed for his trial to also go through. 

Finally, I will arrange a follow up with the existing trial volunteer as he is now approaching the 1 year mark this month. 

I hope to have more news these coming few weeks for everyone and let’s hope for the best. 

Appreciate the update Dr. B! Can’t wait to see more results and testing in the next few months.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, MrFox said:

Guys we are all on the same team here! If there was complications let’s give Killian and the surgical team the benefit of the doubt. I think it’s important to remember that anyone taking this drug is serving as a test subject so it is up to the individual to make that judgment call of risk tolerance. Let’s just keep looking forward to more updates with all of the trials going forward! 

Completely agree, the problem is right after the surgery, telling your viewers you’ll have updates about verteporfin soon, hyping everyone up just to announce on your video you didn’t actually use it. That just makes you look like an attention seeker. But I agree with you on everything else.

• Like 1

A question just popped up in my mind... how would the new skin "remember" in which direction the new hairs should grow? That's crazy. Does the wound know what type of skin to form from the skin that runs deeper than the FUE punch or from the skin around the scar?

On 6/12/2023 at 7:44 AM, Nikoni said:

@DrTBarghouthi thank you for the great job !

Do you think this can work on old FUE scars also ? Surgeon will cut the scars and inject Verteporfin ?

This still needs to be tested. No experiments planned currently, but it could be very interesting indeed. Maybe with the right dosage and injection technique some hair will regrow in place of where the scar was.

Only testing will tell. This could be a flat out cure, so I really think it's worth trying out!

Edited by alopeciaphobia
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This can potentially lead to new revenue sources  for surgeons. Decades of HTs and scars, many of the patients would like to get rid of them.

Maybe this argument will help to get more surgeons involved.

One unexplored thing that's been on my mind is if anyone have considered potentially using the peptides BPC 157 and/or TB500 on top of Verteporfin.

The Verteporfin stimulates the tissue to regenerate to heal in a more physiological way, the two mentioned peptides above accelerates healing in basically every single tissue.

Both of these have a lot of anecdotal evidence among the bodybuilding community in particular, there's studies on rats showing amazing results.

People have been attempting to use these two peptides individually in attempts to stimulate hair growth without much results. However, now we're talking something completely different.

think it's worth exploring to combine these peptides with Verteporfin, my theory is that they have a synergistic effect.

Verteporfin = Makes the tissue regenerate in a more physiologic fashion, with the chance of follicles completely regenerate.

BPC 157/TB 500 = Aids and accelerates the effects of Verteporfin, increasing the likelyhood of tissue regeneration in a physiological fashion.

Any thoughts on this?

Unfortunately, I feel that a lack of interest among the majority of skilled artists in the hair transplant industry is because Many people in the general public will go for the cheaper, less skilled hair technician reliant hair mills if their donor sites can regenerate and the risk of scars is reduced to almost nil and even the old robots can be dust off and perhaps even be reprogrammed for a second job to automate fue scar hair regeneration as well .

We will have to see the more industrialized nameless doctor big hair transplant clinics come to realise just how much money this discovery can make with so little extra cost to them and with so many many more customers and a new ability to just offer a free do-over with the dissatisfied clients now donors zone are possibly no longer exhaustible with this possible hair regeneration now seemingly available via verteporfin .

or this could all be quietly forgotten and we can all go back to five more years of scalp massages and minoxidil waiting for a cure ( shout out to 2028 people reading this just 5 more years to go )