Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

22 minutes ago, HAIR5588 said:
Unfortunately, I feel that a lack of interest among the majority of skilled artists in the hair transplant industry is because Many people in the general public will go for the cheaper, less skilled hair technician reliant hair mills if their donor sites can regenerate and the risk of scars is reduced to almost nil and even the old robots can be dust off and perhaps even be reprogrammed for a second job to automate fue scar hair regeneration as well .

We will have to see the more industrialized nameless doctor big hair transplant clinics come to realise just how much money this discovery can make with so little extra cost to them and with so many many more customers and a new ability to just offer a free do-over with the dissatisfied clients now donors zone are possibly no longer exhaustible with this possible hair regeneration now seemingly available via verteporfin .

or this could all be quietly forgotten and we can all go back to five more years of scalp massages and minoxidil waiting for a cure ( shout out to 2028 people reading this just 5 more years to go )

Won't make a difference, it's already happening. Just check the amount of people who fall for turkish hairmills for the sake of sparing money, I feel like those who get botch jobs just embrace it and shave it off without bothering much about it while guys like us spend years reesearching for the right clinic. 

4 hours ago, HAIR5588 said:
Unfortunately, I feel that a lack of interest among the majority of skilled artists in the hair transplant industry is because Many people in the general public will go for the cheaper, less skilled hair technician reliant hair mills if their donor sites can regenerate and the risk of scars is reduced to almost nil and even the old robots can be dust off and perhaps even be reprogrammed for a second job to automate fue scar hair regeneration as well .

We will have to see the more industrialized nameless doctor big hair transplant clinics come to realise just how much money this discovery can make with so little extra cost to them and with so many many more customers and a new ability to just offer a free do-over with the dissatisfied clients now donors zone are possibly no longer exhaustible with this possible hair regeneration now seemingly available via verteporfin .

or this could all be quietly forgotten and we can all go back to five more years of scalp massages and minoxidil waiting for a cure ( shout out to 2028 people reading this just 5 more years to go )

That doesn't make sense. Verteporfin is here, and at some point, somebody will use it to attract the most clients if they can provide them with more donor hair. There's no way every single reputable surgeon in the world would form a coalition against verteporfin, especially the most ethical surgeons. It's game theory optimal to use verteporfin as fast as possible and become the best at it because if you don't, then someone else will. If you master it, people trust you using verteporfin and you can charge a large premium for your knowledge. It's not something simple to inject.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 1

• Administrators

So far Dr. Pittella is the only surgeon who’s really taken an interest. Dr. Mohebi is interested as well, but I haven’t seen anything concrete. I’m set to meet with him again later this month. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I can have a chat with doctor De Freitas about this next week in my upcoming surgery. If I remember it I will mention to him, it's worth a shot at least since he does speak my native language. 

You have nothing to lose, except some money, but may end up with perfect donor.

Also would be good for the community.

1 minute ago, Nikoni said:

You have nothing to lose, except some money, but may end up with perfect donor.

Also would be good for the community.

If the money gives us all a chance for some unlimited donor then I'm happy to serve as a lab rat. Obviously I don't expect him to try it on myself right away but perhaps when/if I go for my second round it could be considered. 

I think the stage of lab rats is far behind. It's 20 years old drug, FDA approved and at least wouldn't make situation worse. Hopefully Dr. Barghouthi will have some good news soon.

Edited by Nikoni
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

I think the stage of lab rats is far behind. It's 20 years old drug, FDA approved and at least wouldn't make situation worse. Hopefully Dr. Barghouthi will have some good news soon.

Of course I was merely using it as an expression. I would actually be interested in using myself as a subject for this sort of experiments provided they didn't overharvest the grafts from my back. 

I am anxiously waiting for more updates on this. If Dr.Barghouthi makes it work then it's likely the biggest breakthrough in the hair loss industry by far. 

However the fact that the previous subject showed signs of regeneration in the occipital area post extraction is a very good sign. 

• Like 1

The pace as of which this is moving is actually ridiculous!! If I was in the dude who donated 15k’s shoes I’ll be fumed…. Why do we have to keep begging for updates for upcoming trials and if they’re ever gonna take place ffs..

we don’t need to go chasing all these doctors to try it if one Dr can prove it works thy will come chasing you Melvin.. just 1 successful well designed trial with solid visual evidence for either or both hair regeneration or scarless healing !! Comoooon

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 2:02 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

I do apologize for the silence, but I have been out of my office as I’m currently doing all the regulatory paperwork for another clinic in the region and this meant I had to spend the last few weeks there. 
Nonetheless, now that this is almost sorted and I’m back home, I can hope to get the next trial done this month. I have few dates set aside for this month and early July. The reason being is that I do have Vert at clinic but I’m also waiting for a new vial in case the existing one I have is not enough. It has also been stored for few months so I do prefer using a fresh vial. I’m expecting it to arrive next week and then I can give the exact date for the next trial (June/early July). 
I was also planning to be present for Killian’s trial with Dr. Saifi, but we had a delay with the Vert that was ordered and then logistically that made things harder to coordinate as everyone had other set plans for the month with work/ schedule etc. 

I will be also talking to Dr. Bloxham hopefully this week as there are some protocol items that need to be discussed for his trial to also go through. 

Finally, I will arrange a follow up with the existing trial volunteer as he is now approaching the 1 year mark this month. 

I hope to have more news these coming few weeks for everyone and let’s hope for the best. 

Would love to hear an update.

3 hours ago, Gatchpt said:

The pace as of which this is moving is actually ridiculous!! If I was in the dude who donated 15k’s shoes I’ll be fumed…. Why do we have to keep begging for updates for upcoming trials and if they’re ever gonna take place ffs..

we don’t need to go chasing all these doctors to try it if one Dr can prove it works thy will come chasing you Melvin.. just 1 successful well designed trial with solid visual evidence for either or both hair regeneration or scarless healing !! Comoooon

Yeah, the pace is very slow. It is also very strange that there is lack of interest outside hair community, imagine any kind of surgery without scars, there are burns, accident scars, imagine their revision.  Even scaring can be  potentially  avoided in organs like liver and lungs and save lives.

The pace is slow, but at least there is a progress thanks to @DrTBarghouthi and @Melvin- Moderator.

It would be great to see and compare the whole donor are after 1 year and hopefully new trials with improved protocol.

• Like 5

Hello, first of all I would like to introduce myself and I apologize in advance for my level of English since I am from a small town in Spain and curiously I discovered this page looking for really effective treatments for my stretch marks due to my multiple gains and losses of weight. answering the last comrade and although it is a bit counterproductive for me (since it would interest me enormously if it did arrive) I will say that I honestly do not think this will get anywhere since I believe that the industry (at least in the case of stretch marks and scars) prefers to sell you multiple laser sessions, microneedling, exfoliations, etc., rather than making an incision in the place where you have the scar, as the longaker doctor already said, applying verteporfin and waiting for the skin to regenerate without leaving a trace Think about it, the losses would be millions for the companies that manufacture the lasers and for the beauty/medical centers where they sell you the sessions, now instead of 6 or 8 laser sessions to hide the scar, with only 1 small incision in the Instead of the scar, we administer verteporfin and simply wait for nature to do the rest. Look, I recently read a very, very recent article that a protein had been discovered that could regenerate teeth simply by applying it to the gums, I think I remember: do you really think that would interest dentists who live on extractions, implants, dental cleanings, fillings etc? I mean now it just doesn't matter that all your teeth have fallen out or that you have them bad, you just extract them, take the medicine and you get completely new teeth, I honestly don't think any dentist would want to prove a thing that goes against of what is giving him work and is generating thousands and thousands of euros, because with the verteporfin and the scars I think the same thing will happen. You also have the example of avotermin, where I already told you that I saw it recently and the publication date surprised me: 2008 and it already promised to heal without scars, we are in 2023 and we are still the same, and best of all, avotermin was not so as promising as verteporfin, since it did not regenerate hair follicles or sebaceous glands, but it did hide or greatly reduce the appearance of scars if it was applied right after a surgical incision, remember that this was from 2008, and no one talks about it anymore . Another case and the last one, recently a dermatologist from here in Spain realized that grafting growing hair follicles
in scars, these changed and "became" normal skin at 6 months, since the implantation of the follicles in the scar caused it to create new blood vessels, glands, etc. etc., so much so that at 6 months the epidermis had doubled its thickness until it reached that of normal skin where there had never been scars before, now this doctor and his team were looking for what processes occurred when implanting these follicles in the scars to apply them to a heart after suffering a heart attack, a lung with fibrosis, etc., but they would have to do it without grafting the hair follicles, since there are none in a heart or lung, therefore this doctor does not know the use of verteporfin or does not believe in it. Trust me when I say that I would love to have this applied to my stretch marks as I think it could work as stretch marks are still just a type of scar after all and I am extremely grateful to Dr. Barghouti and his team for being pioneers in this, but I really believe that this will not go very far and in the event that it does (at least to apply in the scars sector, in the hair graft sector I don't know) it will be very late , probably when I am 50 or 60 years old, and I am currently 26, anyway I will leave this here and now I will send you the references to all the articles that I have seen so that you can see that I have not invented them, and I pray to the administrator of the page to move the topic from here if it is not the correct one. all the bes.

link of avotermin: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/drp/2010/690613/

link of transplanted hair follicles in scars: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.imperial.ac.uk/news/242531/scars-mended-using-transplanted-hair-follicles/amp/

link of verteporfin administration in scars: https://www.statnews.com/2021/04/22/scientists-unlock-key-to-scar-free-skin-healing/

On 6/21/2023 at 2:09 AM, Fox243 said:

That doesn't make sense. Verteporfin is here, and at some point, somebody will use it to attract the most clients if they can provide them with more donor hair. There's no way every single reputable surgeon in the world would form a coalition against verteporfin, especially the most ethical surgeons. It's game theory optimal to use verteporfin as fast as possible and become the best at it because if you don't, then someone else will. If you master it, people trust you using verteporfin and you can charge a large premium for your knowledge. It's not something simple to inject.

this^

• Administrators

Will be meeting up with Dr. Mohebi on July 13th, I’m hoping Rassman will be there as well. Hopefully we can spearhead an actual study at UCLA or UCI. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Stop typing like that victor. It’s entirely too big and obnoxious. Nobody here should have to scroll through your giant text essay

Edited by sr1486

10 hours ago, sr1486 said:

Stop typing like that victor. It’s entirely too big and obnoxious. Nobody here should have to scroll through your giant text essay

First of all i would like to apologize because as i said i am using the google translate and then i get this letter format. Please excuse me. Secondly, i don't know anything about stanford. I just sent an instagram direct to a doctor who worked there but her last post on the platform is from 2018. Therefore, i do not think he will answer. 

• Thanks 1

I have spoken with Dr De Freitas during my intervention and explained him the current trials and reesearch, also mentioned that loads of the big names within the hair transplant field took a keen interest on it.

He said he was gonna have a look and told him to get in touch with Melvin to get further information so hopefully he can also start doing some trials. 

The more names we can get to try this out the better. At least I have played my part. 

• Like 10

On 6/11/2023 at 12:05 AM, Jonathan said:
4 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I have spoken with Dr De Freitas during my intervention and explained him the current trials and reesearch, also mentioned that loads of the big names within the hair transplant field took a keen interest on it.

He said he was gonna have a look and told him to get in touch with Melvin to get further information so hopefully he can also start doing some trials. 

The more names we can get to try this out the better. At least I have played my part. 

Yes all of it! Especially dosages, wether it’s FUE or FUT, and yes results as well.

Great work!

A while ago, a backer donated around 15.000 to fund a trial. Has that trial already begun?

11 hours ago, Square1 said:

Great work!

A while ago, a backer donated around 15.000 to fund a trial. Has that trial already begun?

That’s what is funding the next trial that will start very soon or already started and dr Barghouthi will update that with us very soon.