Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

What is very exciting about the use of FUT for the next trial is that it should provide more concrete evidence that regrowth has occurred as the linear scar would either be present with no hair or there would be hair/no scarring where there should have been a scar, much less of a grey area than testing with FUE as it is more disguised within a larger area. If it is anything like the FUT done in the pig study on verteporfin (one of the closest skin models to human skin), this will be revolutionary. Looking forward to seeing how this works out and best of luck to Dr. Barghouthi and co.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

What is very exciting about the use of FUT for the next trial is that it should provide more concrete evidence that regrowth has occurred as the linear scar would either be present with no hair or there would be hair/no scarring where there should have been a scar, much less of a grey area than testing with FUE as it is more disguised within a larger area. If it is anything like the FUT done in the pig study on verteporfin (one of the closest skin models to human skin), this will be revolutionary. Looking forward to seeing how this works out and best of luck to Dr. Barghouthi and co.

Agreed. Super stoked for this.

if vert is everything i hope/cope it is, then I’ll have a full head of hair and in a couple years 

• Administrators

Guys,

Dr. Umar has two vials of Verteporfin at his clinic. He’s open to the idea of experimenting. But he could use some encouragement. I’ve tagged him in this Instagram post. Please be sure to like the pinned post. The more people like it, the more likely he is to try it. 
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cro1uStOtMR/?igshid=MTIyMzRjYmRlZg==

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

33 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

Dr. Umar has two vials of Verteporfin at his clinic. He’s open to the idea of experimenting. But he could use some encouragement. I’ve tagged him in this Instagram post. Please be sure to like the pinned post. The more people like it, the more likely he is to try it. 

I'll get people in all my discords to like the post.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

Maybe also show him how popular this thread has gotten -- it might be the largest thread on HRN. This verteporfin video has over 100k views: 

.  I also have the doc that I made to help doctors into it -- it's a bit outdated but still useful: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s3JkF9woMIebkXbpE_UxrjBfNy9i7AuBclDqn9HGrAo/edit

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Maybe also show him how popular this thread has gotten -- it might be the largest thread on HRN. This verteporfin video has over 100k views: 

.  I also have the doc that I made to help doctors into it -- it's a bit outdated but still useful: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s3JkF9woMIebkXbpE_UxrjBfNy9i7AuBclDqn9HGrAo/edit

He needs to do a microneedling experiment, over thinning/slick bald areas.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fabio69 said:

He needs to do a microneedling experiment, over thinning/slick bald areas.

Any one of us could do microneedling experiment at home -- no point wasting a doctor's time on it. People have tried it at home anyways, and it's failed, so not worth spending time right now. Maybe eventually, but first priority is getting more samples on FUE/FUT, as that more closely represents what was done in papers and has shown promising results so far.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Any one of us could do microneedling experiment at home -- no point wasting a doctor's time on it. People have tried it at home anyways, and it's failed, so not worth spending time right now. Maybe eventually, but first priority is getting more samples on FUE/FUT, as that more closely represents what was done in papers and has shown promising results so far.

Hold on. This Visudyne stuff isn't cheap. You think people have bought it and just microneedled with it? Where's your proof? Do you think they've bought the FAK inhibitors too and did the same? But yes, getting the papers, seeing how it was used successfully and not successfully is what we need to know. Of course if microneedling was never tried then it's worth a shot. Even more interesting is to use the YAP or FAK inhibitor with Alma Ted and see if getting it under the skin that way could produce a worthwhile result. We have new tools and methods to use this stuff. We've got to think out of the box and creatively. I love the fact the Alma Ted delivers the aqueous through the skin sonically and without wounding the skin.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

awesome; did someone already posted this on tressless?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

awesome; did someone already posted this on tressless?

Just looked, someone has posted it on tressless

Edited by Fabio69
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hairgain said:

Hold on. This Visudyne stuff isn't cheap. You think people have bought it and just microneedled with it? Where's your proof? Do you think they've bought the FAK inhibitors too and did the same? But yes, getting the papers, seeing how it was used successfully and not successfully is what we need to know. Of course if microneedling was never tried then it's worth a shot. Even more interesting is to use the YAP or FAK inhibitor with Alma Ted and see if getting it under the skin that way could produce a worthwhile result. We have new tools and methods to use this stuff. We've got to think out of the box and creatively. I love the fact the Alma Ted delivers the aqueous through the skin sonically and without wounding the skin.  

Yes, I know of two people who micro needled with Verteporfin (not visudyne) and a FAK inhibitor. Xenath on the scar research telegram and DrPhil in the discord to be precise. Neither had results unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

@Melvin- ModeratorDr. Bloxham said he’d be happy to talk to any surgeon who’s interested in using Verteporfin. If you could share the contact details of the doctors who were especially interested, I can forward them to Dr. Bloxham.

you should connect him with saifi from poland (cause he is also doing fut) and dr b tbh

1 hour ago, Fox243 said:

Yes, I know of two people who micro needled with Verteporfin (not visudyne) and a FAK inhibitor. Xenath on the scar research telegram and DrPhil in the discord to be precise. Neither had results unfortunately. 

Well this means most people who experience hair thinning then won't be able to be helped by these drugs. I had a degree of hope and now it's back to zero. Definitely won't be doing a hair transplant either. I guess I will need to be hopeful of cloning injections one day to fix the problem, hopefully before I'm dead.

What do you think is the most promising outfit for the possibility of hair cloning now? 

Edited by Hairgain

• Administrators

I’ve been talking to Dr. Pittella and Dr. Arshad, they’re both interested. I’m open to the possibility of creating a global Verteporfin convention. If there are multiple surgeons with multiple studies, it would be awesome to compare notes. Let’s see how many surgeons I can get on board. But something for 2024 would be great. I’ll reach out to Killian with Dr. Saifi. 

• Like 10

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Square1 said:

They predicted wars over water.

I think that countries will wage wars to secure the supplies of verteporfin for their balding populations.

You know if it really came down to this, we'd know we've got the real deal for a cure. If though one has to first damage an area only to repair it I don't think this is so good, likely not a suitable cure. The other thing that needs to be figured out is how well does the repaired area get repaired? Some say it grows back 50% normal hair density. Is this good enough for a satisfactory cosmetic effect? Perhaps what might be interesting is just simply do the wounding with Verteporfin to barren areas of scalp without hair transplant surgery. Maybe this alone is suitable. The idea of removing grafts just to put them somewhere else just doesn't make sense to me. It's not a solution. Plus it's a lot of work and transection of some hair is nearly guaranteed. 

A better solution is to get something to regenerate it structurally. That and get something placed to grow new follicular units without it causing cell proliferation that becomes cancerous.  Rather than cloning hair and adding the grafts, I think the best solution is injection of hair forming cells because every time a hair needs to be grafted can damage or transect another hair organ beside it. 

Edited by Hairgain

• Administrators

Unfortunately, it looks like the post was removed from Tressless. Can anyone figure out why? This isn't anything promotional. I can't understand why they would remove an effort to get more surgeons to try Verteporfin. 

• Like 1

View my thread

They removed all 3 of that guys verteporfin posts

54 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Unfortunately, it looks like the post was removed from Tressless. Can anyone figure out why? This isn't anything promotional. I can't understand why they would remove an effort to get more surgeons to try Verteporfin. 

• Sad 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Fabio69 said:

They removed all 3 of that guys verteporfin posts

Oh well, it looks like a fitness influencer with a lot of followers reached out to Dr. Umar, let’s hope it goes well  🤞 

• Like 1

View my thread

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Oh well, it looks like a fitness influencer with a lot of followers reached out to Dr. Umar, let’s hope it goes well  🤞 

Nice one melvin, the movement has begun. Lets just pray all this works and we get unlimited donor area. Amen

1 hour ago, Hairgain said:

You know if it really came down to this, we'd know we've got the real deal for a cure. If though one has to first damage an area only to repair it I don't think this is so good, likely not a suitable cure. The other thing that needs to be figured out is how well does the repaired area get repaired? Some say it grows back 50% normal hair density. Is this good enough for a satisfactory cosmetic effect? Perhaps what might be interesting is just simply do the wounding with Verteporfin to barren areas of scalp without hair transplant surgery. Maybe this alone is suitable. The idea of removing grafts just to put them somewhere else just doesn't make sense to me. It's not a solution. Plus it's a lot of work and transection of some hair is nearly guaranteed. 

A better solution is to get something to regenerate it structurally. That and get something placed to grow new follicular units without it causing cell proliferation that becomes cancerous.  Rather than cloning hair and adding the grafts, I think the best solution is injection of hair forming cells because every time a hair needs to be grafted can damage or transect another hair organ beside it. 

I think the bigger questions are if the process can be repeated infinitely, and if we even need to take out an existing (healthy) follicle to have a chance for a new follicle to start growing?

For all we know we can keep punching out skin in between healthy follicles and inject verteporfin, and every time that happens there's a chance for a follicle to regrow. Rinse and repeat. Not saying this is the case, but it's something worth considering to try.

• Like 1