Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I have trouble believing that even if this happened people would truly care enough to start their own trails unless it’s a big company that can form it’s own product and sell it. Dr Barghouthi proved to at least lower scarring and even regrowth of some hair and nobody in those fields (that I know of) bat an eye. I wish they would look at what he’s currently doing and trail it for themselves in whichever way they want rather than depending on a hair transplant surgeon to go out of his way and do their jobs for them. 

I think a lot of it has to do with funding. Dr. Barghouthi initially put up his own money. Not many surgeons want to do that. It would be nice to have a collection of doctors willing to crowdsource the study. I’m working on that.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

We will potentially have 2-3 FUT trials in May hopefully. One is a new FUT procedure and one is a revision. These will be done in other clinics with some colleagues (will mention who once they’re happy for me to do so). I will probably travel there to share what I know so far during their trial. Will keep you updated ofcourse. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 4

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

37 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

We will potentially have 2-3 FUT trials in May hopefully. One is a new FUT procedure and one is a revision. These will be done in other clinics with some colleagues (will mention who once they’re happy for me to do so). I will probably travel there to share what I know so far during their trial. Will keep you updated ofcourse. 

this is awesome Dr. Barghouthi -- i have no words to describe how thankful I am. As always, please let us know how we can help.

39 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

its a shame the pharmacompanies are not funding this

There isn't a business model around it. 

Let's say a big player in pharma funds this and finds a way to get 100% regrowth. How will that make them money?

1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Is there a way to check in on the patient from the previous trial, just to see whether the test donor site still looks thicker than the control donor site?

For that patient, the 12 month mark comes up. A lot of other treatments that initially produce regrowth lose their gains around this point in time, so if the test site is still visually better that might be an indication that these gains are permanent. And if so, that would be huge in my view.

1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

This is what I’m talking about, this guy is spearheading this, with a lot of his own money, time, and contacts. Thank you Dr Barghouthi, know you mean the world of a difference for hair loss suffers all across the world. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think a lot of it has to do with funding. Dr. Barghouthi initially put up his own money. Not many surgeons want to do that. It would be nice to have a collection of doctors willing to crowdsource the study. I’m working on that.

Yeah, I think the ultimate thing that would get surgeons into this is 1) their kindness and 2) ability to leave a legacy. To be known as the person who has potentially cured hair loss with a treatment without any side effects would just be an amazing feeling. 

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Yeah, I think the ultimate thing that would get surgeons into this is 1) their kindness and 2) ability to leave a legacy. To be known as the person who has potentially cured hair loss with a treatment without any side effects would just be an amazing feeling. 

I believe @DrTBarghouthi has already done that, let’s give this man a round of applause 👏🏼 

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

You’re a blessing to our community 🙏

• Like 4

View my thread

After the fut trial we should have a definite answer on whether this works. I’m already 85% sold on it preventing scars…… but 50/50 on regrowing the removed grafts.
That pessimism is largely due to being hyped than disappointed in the past.  A few years ago I was certain the cure was here and it was Tsuji lol

Edited by sr1486

32 minutes ago, sr1486 said:

After the fut trial we should have a definite answer on whether this works. I’m already 85% sold on it preventing scars…… but 50/50 on regrowing the removed grafts.
That pessimism is largely due to being hyped than disappointed in the past.  A few years ago I was certain the cure was here and it was Tsuji lol

Well we know it regrew hair on the FUE, we just don’t know how much. But hopefully it surprises us and FUT does even better than FUE.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sr1486 said:

It is not proof in a scientific sense, but the pictures from dr. Barghouthi's last trial strongly indicate that regrowth has taken place. That's why (said it before, sorry for repeating, but I think this is key) I am interested if that visual difference in test and control site is still there. If it continues to hold, that would point towards permanent gains. Saying that that would be a huge deal, would be an understatement. 

(Of course, future experiments would have to confirm this finding and so on, but you get the point)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Square1 said:

It is not proof in a scientific sense, but the pictures from dr. Barghouthi's last trial strongly indicate that regrowth has taken place. That's why (said it before, sorry for repeating, but I think this is key) I am interested if that visual difference in test and control site is still there. If it continues to hold, that would point towards permanent gains. Saying that that would be a huge deal, would be an understatement. 

(Of course, future experiments would have to confirm this finding and so on, but you get the point)

Yea I know they said they saw regrowth, but I’m pessimistic oh how much there will be. While something like 10% would mean an extra 500ish grafts, it wouldn’t mean much to me who waited too long to get on fin. 

I hope the regrowth % of extracted grafts is very high 

1 hour ago, sr1486 said:

Yea I know they said they saw regrowth, but I’m pessimistic oh how much there will be. While something like 10% would mean an extra 500ish grafts, it wouldn’t mean much to me who waited too long to get on fin. 

I hope the regrowth % of extracted grafts is very high 

Let's say that you would be able to achieve 100% regrowth, it still wouldn't matter much if the regrown grafts disappear gradually in 1-2 years, as tends to happen with minoxidil, microneedling etc.etc. That's why I think that permanence is a very important factor here.

I don't think a mere regrowth of 10% would be visually that significant as what we say in the pictures. Dr. Barghouthi estimated it around 30% and let's assume that this is the percentage it is after all optimization, experiments etc. etc. If this regrowth is permanent, you could strategies like a first HT of 10.000 grafts, of which 3.000 grow back due to verteporfin. Then, you do a second of 10.000 grafts of which you use 7.000 to replace the lost donor of the first HT and 3.000 for the scalp.

That is 13.000 grafts on the scalp for just 7.000 donorgrafts. If you could repeat the process with already moved grafts you could do HT's just to thicken the donor, but even if this is not possible, it would still be a colossal step towards beating baldness. 

So, great that new experiments are being done, but evaluating the long term of older experiments is in my view crucial for this therapy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Square1 said:

Let's say that you would be able to achieve 100% regrowth, it still wouldn't matter much if the regrown grafts disappear gradually in 1-2 years, as tends to happen with minoxidil, microneedling etc.etc. That's why I think that permanence is a very important factor here.

I don't think a mere regrowth of 10% would be visually that significant as what we say in the pictures. Dr. Barghouthi estimated it around 30% and let's assume that this is the percentage it is after all optimization, experiments etc. etc. If this regrowth is permanent, you could strategies like a first HT of 10.000 grafts, of which 3.000 grow back due to verteporfin. Then, you do a second of 10.000 grafts of which you use 7.000 to replace the lost donor of the first HT and 3.000 for the scalp.

That is 13.000 grafts on the scalp for just 7.000 donorgrafts. If you could repeat the process with already moved grafts you could do HT's just to thicken the donor, but even if this is not possible, it would still be a colossal step towards beating baldness. 

So, great that new experiments are being done, but evaluating the long term of older experiments is in my view crucial for this therapy.

So this would be assuming someone has 20,000 grafts to begin with? I’m not understanding what what you said with the 10k grafts on the first transplant and 10k with the second. I think the difference between verteporfin and minox/dermaneedling is the fact that this treatment stops a mechanism in your body preventing it from scarring your donor which therefore regrows that hair. Scientifically it makes no sense for that to then scar again but I do get your point because the body does crazy things.

If it regrows hair, which isn’t a guarantee yet, then I see no reason why we couldn’t regrow 50% or so of the hair. We still do need to see the other few trials to confirm it regrows hair, but if it does, this would essentially be a cure with the right protocol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fox243 said:

If it regrows hair, which isn’t a guarantee yet, then I see no reason why we couldn’t regrow 50% or so of the hair. We still do need to see the other few trials to confirm it regrows hair, but if it does, this would essentially be a cure with the right protocol.

I’d be so happy with 50%

Hey guys,

Is it possible to microwound scalp and inject verteporfin 

Also, are there any work being done on using FAK inhibitors for donor area , due to the potential of it being better than verteporfin.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Fabio69 said:

Hey guys,

Is it possible to microwound scalp and inject verteporfin 

Also, are there any work being done on using FAK inhibitors for donor area , due to the potential of it being better than verteporfin.

Cheers

Yes that's interesting.

Is anything known about the efficacy of Verteporfin in contrast to FAK Inhibitors like VS-6062?

4 hours ago, Fabio69 said:

I watched this vid 

Yep unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to test that until they were fda approved, that’s why Verteporfin is so attractive to do tests with it’s already got a good safety profile and we don’t have to wait on the fda to approve of it.

• Like 1