Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

On 2/10/2023 at 10:07 AM, Gatchpt said:

Tbh I dont see why Dr B would proceed with vert trials even after he is back to medical practice . He tried financing the trials through a designated website and almost no one donated (now 15k is peanuts in the medical world but does it really take 15k to do some trials!). Anyway  From a financial POV what’s in it for him if Vert proved working (either to heal wounds or generate new HF) he wont have any exclusive right to the treatment and it doesn’t ensure people will travel from all around the world to Jordan to do HT at his clinic bcz they can then convince any dr to do it ,which means all his efforts (figuring out a protocol, sourcing vert and tools, finding volunteers, disruption to his normal medical activities, providing feedback to such forums, answering inquiries to his clinic email from people in this site and others,…) will be just a waste of time and effort and don’t tell me the dude is doing it for the good of mankind. He needs, and it’s his right, to benefit from the trials somehow. I think he got alot of publicity in the hair-loss community but if it doesn’t translate into money I wouldn’t be interested to continue the trials. Unless he figures out a protocol and doesn’t share it so he can be the sole provider of that protocol. Anyway just a rant bcz I see many people hoping and waiting for his comeback and updates. I’d say move on or wait for the release of longaker/stanford human trials which will probably take a couple of years. Ps. Im one of those who cant wait for vert to work but fed up with the waiting 

It saddens me that this is the most promising hair transplantation related treatment in decades (even if all it ends up doing is reduce scarring) and the site couldn't collectively muster 15kto help incentivize it along. This really has the potential to be a game changer in the hair loss world. Even if Longaker & Stanford get there eventually I'm sure Dr. Bharghouthi's experiments could serve to raise awareness among other surgeons and act as a starting point for future YAP inhibitors as adjunctive medications to hair transplants. As a small token of appreciation to the online hair loss community for saving my hair I think I will fill the remaining 14.7k Dr. Bharghouthi is asking for. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Wow 3
  • Well Done 3

5 hours ago, Arcturus9 said:

It saddens me that this is the most promising hair transplantation related treatment in decades (even if all it ends up doing is reduce scarring) and the site couldn't collectively muster 15kto help incentivize it along. This really has the potential to be a game changer in the hair loss world. Even if Longaker & Stanford get there eventually I'm sure Dr. Bharghouthi's experiments could serve to raise awareness among other surgeons and act as a starting point for future YAP inhibitors as adjunctive medications to hair transplants. As a small token of appreciation to the online hair loss community for saving my hair I think I will fill the remaining 14.7k Dr. Bharghouthi is asking for. 

Not all heroes wear capes! You Sir is that guy! Salute 🫡 @DrTBarghouthi I hope this generous donation will help do a trial for an FUT case as well as an FUE. Thank you both gentlemen for your great efforts 🙏🏼

8 hours ago, Arcturus9 said:

That is incredible. I don't even know what to type, because I can't find words that do it justice... This will have a huge impact on the trials. That is a mind-blowingly generous donation. You're amazing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arcturus9 said:

I just saw the donation reach – this is insane. Stay tuned – we’ll have an update for you shortly about how we’re going to use your money. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

14 minutes ago, alopeciaphobia said:

That is incredible. I don't even know what to type, because I can't find words that do it justice... This will have a huge impact on the trials. That is a mind-blowingly generous donation. You're amazing.

no way, did arcturus actually donated 14k?

Edited by mr_peanutbutter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

no way, did arcturus actually donated 14k?

He did, just look at this:

https://donorbox.org/dr-taleb-barghouthi?language=es&t=donor_wall#info

image(24).thumb.jpg.c088a37bb9bc1f0953d1585660e6ecfe.jpg

11 hours ago, Arcturus9 said:

You are the GOAT, words can't describe your greatness. A true hero.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

12 hours ago, Arcturus9 said:

wow, i have no words. incredible

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'm new here, i have a question do you guys think if verteporfin grows hair back, that we will be able to have 8k+ grafts per session for HT to get a Norwood 7 to a Norwood 0? Because the donor hair should all grow back and then you have another transplant and in 2-4 sessions you should be able to have full coverage even on a slick bald head. Especially if you have low donor hair count/ weak donor.

14 hours ago, takuma said:

Hi guys, I'm new here, i have a question do you guys think if verteporfin grows hair back, that we will be able to have 8k+ grafts per session for HT to get a Norwood 7 to a Norwood 0? Because the donor hair should all grow back and then you have another transplant and in 2-4 sessions you should be able to have full coverage even on a slick bald head. Especially if you have low donor hair count/ weak donor.

No, because you're risking necrosis, poor survival rates, and donor degradation by traumatizing the scalp that much.

That being said, it's not even a given that in the long run, a transplant would be the best and only option. Say a future experiment would show that injuring the balding area, followed by injecting verteporfin into it (without transporting any grafts), would trigger some regrowth.. who knows how many procedures you would need, with how much time in between.

This is why we need more research.

Edited by alopeciaphobia
  • Like 7

Thank you guys for all your support - in all means possible- whether by posting, sharing or even contributing to the donations. With the generous contribution of people here and across channels we have closed the target for the next study and I will share the details of this based on patient availability and the follow up schedule needed- but we will absolutely move forward with that. 
Thank you @Arcturus9for your generous contribution which will expedite our efforts- and help in reaching a significant milestone in treating hairloss. 
Thank you all once again and will be updating you shortly. Please feel free to update any other channels that I may be slow in responding to or keeping track with as well. 

• Like 19

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

This will be groundbreaking if it works. Not only for growing hair but also for repairing scar tissue 

So true, surgery with less scarring could be amazing and relieve people from aesthetic issues hurting their confidence and self image, in a similar vein to fixing hair loss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alopeciaphobia said:

So true, surgery with less scarring could be amazing and relieve people from aesthetic issues hurting their confidence and self image, in a similar vein to fixing hair loss.

Indeed it would have applications beyond the world of hairloss

And could mitigate the risks of transplants. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 10:59 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys. I apologize for being out of the loop for the last while, but I had to cut down on my clinical duties temporarily and thankfully I’m back at it this month full time. I will be scheduling a biopsy of our patient and testing a full FUE case using adjusted doses that we worked out. Still some interest from some colleagues especially for FUT- so hopefully more on that soon. We are still dedicated to this research and in fact we have some interest from various funding entities that may be willing to further advance this and other projects. Will keep you updated. 

Hello Dr Barghouthi, i have a question, do you plan to use a temporary tattoo marking on the extraction sites so that you can keep track where the hairs are regrowing after applying verteporfin?  

If this works I’ll be so happy, for both my hair and skin. Already have one keloid on my face from cyst removal. Have other cysts and haven’t gotten them removed as I don’t was to scar my face meow. Also have a keloid from my fut scar, and it’s a pain to cover up and smp didn’t stick to it. 

and I need more transplants as well. If I can regrow grafts and prevent scarring I’ll be set 

9 hours ago, sr1486 said:

If this works I’ll be so happy, for both my hair and skin. Already have one keloid on my face from cyst removal. Have other cysts and haven’t gotten them removed as I don’t was to scar my face meow. Also have a keloid from my fut scar, and it’s a pain to cover up and smp didn’t stick to it. 

and I need more transplants as well. If I can regrow grafts and prevent scarring I’ll be set 

I think it will work for that... because the primary focus of the pig study was to promote healing without scarring and those wounds were deep, so if they just excise it and then apply verteporfin i think it should work...but God i hope it works for hair too because im completely thinned out on top and even though i haven't had a hair transplant my donor hair is already weak. My dad went bald fast and now he barely has any hair at all in the back and the sides too and obviously on top...i think we got the most aggressive balding genetics ever.... Verteporfin regrowing hair after extraction would be a lifesaver.

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2023 at 3:08 AM, alopeciaphobia said:

No, because you're risking necrosis, poor survival rates, and donor degradation by traumatizing the scalp that much.

That being said, it's not even a given that in the long run, a transplant would be the best and only option. Say a future experiment would show that injuring the balding area, followed by injecting verteporfin into it (without transporting any grafts), would trigger some regrowth.. who knows how many procedures you would need, with how much time in between.

This is why we need more research.

That's interesting, the possibility of not needing to do a hair transplant just injecting verteporfin after wounding bald areas of the scalp or thinning areas. That could come in handy for thin sides and thin back of head also.. Wounding the area and applying verteporfin if that were to grow back new hair that would be the endgame for baldness as we know it.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:12 AM, takuma said:

That's interesting, the possibility of not needing to do a hair transplant just injecting verteporfin after wounding bald areas of the scalp or thinning areas. That could come in handy for thin sides and thin back of head also.. Wounding the area and applying verteporfin if that were to grow back new hair that would be the endgame for baldness as we know it.

That's why it's so exciting!

Especially because there are multiple very promising applications that have the potential to be breakthroughs. Whether wounding + verteporfin can regrow hair directly in the balding area, or if verteporfin can (repeatedly) regrow extracted donor hairs.

Even if only one of those methods ends up working, it would mean we finally have a way of increasing the total number of terminal hairs on the scalp, something which traditional hair transplants can't do.

And if none of the above works, reducing scarring is still awesome.

Edited by alopeciaphobia
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, alopeciaphobia said:

That's why it's so exciting!

Especially because there are multiple very promising applications that have the potential to be breakthroughs. Whether wounding + verteporfin can regrow hair directly in the balding area, or if verteporfin can (repeatedly) regrow extracted donor hairs.

Even if only one of those methods ends up working, it would mean we finally have a way of increasing the total number of terminal hairs on the scalp, something which traditional hair transplants can't do.

And if none of the above works, reducing scarring is still awesome.

Is there an overview somewhere of how and when the next experiments will take place? Will the patient that was involved in the first trial be monitored? If the treatment site still looks more dense than the control site, we might have an indication that the new hairs don't vanish after a couple of weeks / months.

9 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Is there an overview somewhere of how and when the next experiments will take place? Will the patient that was involved in the first trial be monitored? If the treatment site still looks more dense than the control site, we might have an indication that the new hairs don't vanish after a couple of weeks / months.

@MrFox and @DrTBarghouthi stated that an update will be posted soon.

Also, this:

On 2/14/2023 at 5:59 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

I will be scheduling a biopsy of our patient and testing a full FUE case using adjusted doses that we worked out. Still some interest from some colleagues especially for FUT- so hopefully more on that soon.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all well. I took two biopsies today for our patient. I took them from one Test area and one Control area. Ideally I wanted to take from all sites but unfortunately these 4mm punch biopsies would need a stitch in each and felt a comparison between one control and one Test area could give us some indication for the time being about the scarring itself and the type of hair around the scarred area or within it. Will keep you posted once I get the pathology report back.

I’m looking at the 18th of March as a possible date for the second trial. I’m looking at either an FUE or at the possibility of injecting into the recipient area. 

• Like 8

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

21 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all well. I took two biopsies today for our patient. I took them from one Test area and one Control area. Ideally I wanted to take from all sites but unfortunately these 4mm punch biopsies would need a stitch in each and felt a comparison between one control and one Test area could give us some indication for the time being about the scarring itself and the type of hair around the scarred area or within it. Will keep you posted once I get the pathology report back.

I’m looking at the 18th of March as a possible date for the second trial. I’m looking at either an FUE or at the possibility of injecting into the recipient area. 

I'm curious to see how it looked visually -- wondering if you have any photos, and how much you think it might've improved since the last update in November.. It's been a while since the last update, so I'd assume the healing process is basically complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1