Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

Dr. Bargouthi has your patient returned to Jordan yet for his full hair transplant? I assume you will update us on that when it happens? The initial trials look promising but a full hair transplant will be the final nail on the coffin even if we have to wait a year for final results 

Also have you seen and analyzed the scar revision done on the posted realself link? The patient included his doctors details on the procedure. 50 hair grafts were implanted into a previous burn mark and grew where they haven't been able to grow before 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jay Dunman said:

Dr. Bargouthi has your patient returned to Jordan yet for his full hair transplant? I assume you will update us on that when it happens? The initial trials look promising but a full hair transplant will be the final nail on the coffin even if we have to wait a year for final results 

Also have you seen and analyzed the scar revision done on the posted realself link? The patient included his doctors details on the procedure. 50 hair grafts were implanted into a previous burn mark and grew where they haven't been able to grow before 

I was in a text thread with the guy who posted that scar revision - he leaves out the bit about how he had a hair transplant into that area beforehand… 

I’m very pro Vert and excited to where this can take us, but not excited about that guys posts. Don’t fully trust it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ganderson said:

I was in a text thread with the guy who posted that scar revision - he leaves out the bit about how he had a hair transplant into that area beforehand… 

I’m very pro Vert and excited to where this can take us, but not excited about that guys posts. Don’t fully trust it. 

He didn't leave that part out. It's assumed since he said 50 hair grafts implanted. But I thought the breakthrough was hair on scar tissue. That is undoable with Verteporforin I assumed? Maybe I'm wrong. I just thought you couldn't implant on scar tissue hence fut scars. That's why I was interested in his success

• Like 2

So, "Verteporfin" was FDA approved back around 2002 (20 years ago). Imagine what  the hair restoration industry and other medical fields that involve wound healing would look like in the present. "IF"this drug was discovered to have such capabilities in wound regeneration way back in the day (20 years ago) instead of just recently last year 2021. What would those 20 years into the future to the "present" 2022 would be right now after such finding. 

Fun fact, for 20 years we already had a possible solution or a hint for unlimited hair donor grafts and skin regeneration this whole time. Of course, we can only discover so much as technology develops. I am going to leave down a "Link" towards Dr. Liu Podcast video where he talks about "Verteporfin". For relevance, Dr. Paul Y Liu is chief of plastic surgery at Rhode Island Hospital and a professor of surgery at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.  Paul Liu, MD mentions: "The problem with the field of wound healing is that for many years we didn't have a lot of basic science to back up what we were doing. So I'm going to say the most exciting advances in the last 10 years have to do with just that. With our ability to quantify things better, with our ability to understand the molecular bases for wound healing in a way that we've never done before."

Link towards Dr. Paul liu (08:45) podcast video:

https://www.hmpgloballearningnetwork.com/site/eplasty/interview/wound-healing

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jay Dunman said:

Wow, now if that's not progress I don't know what is. His burn mark was corrected plus hair grew back where it's been missing for over a year like the patient commented. 

Perhaps even further than Verteporforin Hair Transplants we can perfect Verteporforin Microneedling as well to regenerate lost follicles or weak follicles. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's really only appropiate at the back of the head/sides on the DHT resistant areas.

*If* you could somehow microneedle with verteporfin on top of your head it would still be redundant as that hair is still under attack and would be killed off again by DHT if regeneration was even possible in that area.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Realism said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's really only appropiate at the back of the head/sides on the DHT resistant areas.

*If* you could somehow microneedle with verteporfin on top of your head it would still be redundant as that hair is still under attack and would be killed off again by DHT if regeneration was even possible in that area.

Possibly, but what if you were on finasteride or dutasteride?

15 minutes ago, Magic City said:

Possibly, but what if you were on finasteride or dutasteride?

I mean it's a possibility for sure.

Personally I'm hoping either this or hair cloning will just be able to solve this problem without relying on DHT blockers

• Like 1

Either way, there's a lot to explore regarding this drug, but it's only possible if we have more doctors exploring this. As we've talked about before, if you have built a relationship with a HT doctor, feel free to share this info packet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s3JkF9woMIebkXbpE_UxrjBfNy9i7AuBclDqn9HGrAo/edit. and let them know that they can connect with Dr. Barghouthi at taleb@vertexhair.com. We can only bring revolutions in the hair transplant community through patient advocacy and spreading the word as a lot of doctors don't have the time to keep up with cutting-edge research.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Either way, there's a lot to explore regarding this drug, but it's only possible if we have more doctors exploring this. As we've talked about before, if you have built a relationship with a HT doctor, feel free to share this info packet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s3JkF9woMIebkXbpE_UxrjBfNy9i7AuBclDqn9HGrAo/edit. and let them know that they can connect with Dr. Barghouthi at taleb@vertexhair.com. We can only bring revolutions in the hair transplant community through patient advocacy and spreading the word as a lot of doctors don't have the time to keep up with cutting-edge research.

Do you think it’s worth putting some guidance on sourcing verteporfin (including rough costs) and some details for the protocol that Dr Bargouthi is using in this document? Or should we just direct HT surgeons to Dr Barghouthi for these questions? 

20 minutes ago, Magic City said:

Do you think it’s worth putting some guidance on sourcing verteporfin (including rough costs) and some details for the protocol that Dr Bargouthi is using in this document? Or should we just direct HT surgeons to Dr Barghouthi for these questions? 

Personally, I think it’s important for the doc to be as brief as possible while conveying as much info per minute spent on it. So I think we should just direct HT surgeons to Dr. B for these questions. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jay Dunman said:

He didn't leave that part out. It's assumed since he said 50 hair grafts implanted. But I thought the breakthrough was hair on scar tissue. That is undoable with Verteporforin I assumed? Maybe I'm wrong. I just thought you couldn't implant on scar tissue hence fut scars. That's why I was interested in his success

There are plenty of people who get transplants on scar tissue. This particular patient had a large number of scar revisions done using Vert… the process and protocol used was underwhelming and put a lot of things into question and actually made me doubt Vert for a time - don’t want to spend too much time hating on that case, but had to share…

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 10:59 AM, Fox243 said:

In the USA, to use a drug for research purposes the way it is being used here requires regulatory approvals. Otherwise doctors will be experimenting on people left and right without knowing the risks. 

48 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

In the USA, to use a drug for research purposes the way it is being used here requires regulatory approvals. Otherwise doctors will be experimenting on people left and right without knowing the risks. 

I don’t think so. It’s already an FDA approved product – it’s just being used off label, the same way thousands of people are taking oral minoxidil off label. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I don’t think so. It’s already an FDA approved product – it’s just being used off label, the same way thousands of people are taking oral minoxidil off label. 

Oral minoxidil IS FDA approved for hypertension and been used for decades. So you can prescribe it for NON FDA approved indications based on physician discretion. 

Subq verteporfin is not been approved for any indications. only use has been IV and for optho purposes. Almost a surety u would get on the FDA's naughty list in USA if you try doing research like this. 

6 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

Oral minoxidil IS FDA approved for hypertension and been used for decades. So you can prescribe it for NON FDA approved indications based on physician discretion. 

Subq verteporfin is not been approved for any indications. only use has been IV and for optho purposes. Almost a surety u would get on the FDA's naughty list in USA if you try doing research like this. 

Ah good point. What about exosomes or topical dutasteride? Have those been approved? I think those are a lot worse in the FDAs eyes than Verteporfin, yet they’re widely being used. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 3:02 PM, shiba1985 said:

Wasn't that the same for Botox though? It was not approved to be used for facial wrinkles but they started using it off label by 1993. I don't think it was FDA approved for facial wrinkles until 2013, but clearly was widely used before that point. Why would it be different with Verteporfin? Even Dr. Longaker has stated he thought it would be used off label almost immediately. 

• Like 1

Some more examples of widely used off label treatments that many of us are very familiar with:

* Dutasteride (any ROA) for hair loss

* Oral minoxidil for hair loss

* Topical minoxidil in any location other than the crown

Edited by alopeciaphobia
  • Like 1

Really hoping more doctors start testing this. Its not healthy how much i check for updates on here. Wish i could restore my donor area some how and if i can with this it would be a godsend. Literally put my life, career and dating life on hold in hopes i can repair this donor area.  Hopefully i wont be checking this thread forever 

Edited by Steele114
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steele114 said:

Really hoping more doctors start testing this. Its not healthy how much i check for updates on here. Wish i could restore my donor area some how and if i can with this it would be a godsend. Literally put my life, career and dating life on hold in hopes i can repair this donor area.  Hopefully i wont be checking this thread forever 

Yep, my Life is kind of on hold too in terms of dating. Big keloid scar from my fut, and thinning hair all over my scalp that I need hair fibers to cover up with, that I wouldn’t feel comfortable/capable  trying to hide long term with a girl

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 12:04 AM, sr1486 said:

Yep, my Life is kind of on hold too in terms of dating. Big keloid scar from my fut, and thinning hair all over my scalp that I need hair fibers to cover up with, that I wouldn’t feel comfortable/capable  trying to hide long term with a girl

I feel ya man! Its def tough, def is the last thing I wanna think about after dealing with hair loss for 10 years, 3 transplants later and still have thin hair myself. Stumbled on a video about derma rolling every other day with coffee mixed with distilled water. Been doing this for a month and a half and recovered a ton of hair so far. I did rogaine and dermarollibt before and had bad side effects. Have had zero sides with this and coffee is a natual dht blocker and superior then rogain for hair loss so def worth a try

Edited by Steele114

1 hour ago, Steele114 said:

I feel ya man! Its def tough, def is the last thing I wanna think about after dealing with hair loss for 10 years, 3 transplants later and still have thin hair myself. Stumbled on a video about derma rolling every other day with coffee mixed with distilled water. Been doing this for a month and a half and recovered a ton of hair so far. I did rogaine and dermarollibt before and had bad side effects. Have had zero sides with this and coffee is a natual dht blocker and superior then rogain for hair loss so def worth a try

Not wanting to derail this topic but have you got a link to that video please? thanks

DM if needed