Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

I think any dosage will do. 0.4 seems fine but I think consistent injections is key rather than just one time. That means multiple trips to Jordan boys. At least the weather is warm 

Dr. Barghouthi did you use laser to activate the Verteporforin or is laser only used when verte is injected into eyes for muscular degeneration? 

On 11/18/2022 at 3:44 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Yes some sort of marking it is important I agree. Will aim to do so for the next trial. 

Thanks again for your update :)

Is there a percentage of regrowth, or at least a range, that we can derive from the experiment till now? Is it like 1%, 10%, 30%? Any word on that?

On 11/18/2022 at 11:12 PM, Jay Dunman said:

I think any dosage will do. 0.4 seems fine but I think consistent injections is key rather than just one time. That means multiple trips to Jordan boys. At least the weather is warm 

Dr. Barghouthi did you use laser to activate the Verteporforin or is laser only used when verte is injected into eyes for muscular degeneration? 

No laser was used. It is used to activate it for eye disease use. I don’t think there is a need for repetitive injections. Just possibly adjusted and uniform depth and also trial of higher doses. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 11/19/2022 at 1:13 AM, alopeciaphobia said:

@DrTBarghouthi If you don't mind me asking another question, what injection method did you use in this experiment, and how would you imagine improving it in a future one?

I used the 30g needles commonly used with prp or mesotherapy and at the same depth we use. I’m just considering injecting at a smaller interval and having a uniform depth across all injections. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

13 hours ago, Square1 said:

Thanks again for your update :)

Is there a percentage of regrowth, or at least a range, that we can derive from the experiment till now? Is it like 1%, 10%, 30%? Any word on that?

Hard to scientifically put a number. Nonetheless, I feel that test areas have somewhere in the region of 30% improvement on average. The important question to seek an answer for is that if we had some improvement in T areas, then how far more can we get if we make adjustments? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Hi guys,

A group of individuals have thankfully helped in setting up a Verteporfin related website - www.verteporfin.org

The purpose of that is to have a reference site for the updates but also to channel everyone interested in supporting the ongoing progress of future trials. You can also use the site to reach out to us via whatsapp or email to register your interest in being in future trials. I am seeking the assistance of colleagues in having trial clinics in the US and Europe to make it easier for travel and to hopefully run simultaneous trials, as there are few different variables to test. I hope to have definite news on that soon. Thank you again for all your support across all channels and I would ofcourse keep this updated too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Just now, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

A group of individuals have thankfully helped in setting up a Verteporfin related website - www.verteporfin.org

The purpose of that is to have a reference site for the updates but also to channel everyone interested in supporting the ongoing progress of future trials. You can also use the site to reach out to us via whatsapp or email to register your interest in being in future trials. I am seeking the assistance of colleagues in having trial clinics in the US and Europe to make it easier for travel and to hopefully run simultaneous trials, as there are few different variables to test. I hope to have definite news on that soon. Thank you again for all your support across all channels and I would ofcourse keep this updated too. 

@Melvin- ModeratorI’m sorry Melvin if I referenced an outside website. I forgot that this might be against the forum rules. If it is please feel free to delete and you can let me know how to best let the community know. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

@Melvin- ModeratorI’m sorry Melvin if I referenced an outside website. I forgot that this might be against the forum rules. If it is please feel free to delete and you can let me know how to best let the community know. 

Dr. B - 

this experiment, the way that you share the information so consistently and answer our questions - THIS - is how you push forward science and THIS is how we as individuals can make serious progress in hair loss over the next few months - few years. There’s an actual chance that we could be radically improving (and in a far off chance, the stepping stones for CURING our ailments).

i looked at the website. It looks great. I will be donating. I will try to encourage others to donate too. This is it. Imagine if we were able to have TWO, THREE weekly results from FUT patients, FUE with different dosages and combinations, maybe you could even enlist other doctors globally to think about this together and collaborate. 

im 100% donating. I believe everyone should!!!!!!!!! 

30 minutes ago, Ganderson said:

Dr. B - 

this experiment, the way that you share the information so consistently and answer our questions - THIS - is how you push forward science and THIS is how we as individuals can make serious progress in hair loss over the next few months - few years. There’s an actual chance that we could be radically improving (and in a far off chance, the stepping stones for CURING our ailments).

i looked at the website. It looks great. I will be donating. I will try to encourage others to donate too. This is it. Imagine if we were able to have TWO, THREE weekly results from FUT patients, FUE with different dosages and combinations, maybe you could even enlist other doctors globally to think about this together and collaborate. 

im 100% donating. I believe everyone should!!!!!!!!! 

Thank you very much for the kind words. I will definitely be engaging colleagues and I already made contact with a good friend to help with this too. 

• Like 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

2 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thank you very much for the kind words. I will definitely be engaging colleagues and I already made contact with a good friend to help with this too. 

No thank you!

so verteporfin.org is you then. Cool. Definitely we donate tomorrow. Will be amazing to rush this thing to the next step. If money is all you need, well, this is where all of us frustrated hair loss cure guys are living!!! 

@Melvin- Moderator have you thought about doing a follow up interview with Dr. B and promoting the webpage to this network? 

4 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Hey Dr Barghouthi,

The website has a donation section? Do those donations go to you to help further the trials?

8 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hard to scientifically put a number. Nonetheless, I feel that test areas have somewhere in the region of 30% improvement on average. The important question to seek an answer for is that if we had some improvement in T areas, then how far more can we get if we make adjustments? 

Of course there are still a lot of question marks around this, but let's say it would indeed be the case that 30% of the extracted grafts regenerates and these follicles are not weirdly disappearing after some months and carry the same amount of hairs, that would be amazing for a first trial. If the process could be repeated (transplanted hairs re-transplanted grow back at a rate of 30% as well) that would already be a functional cure for baldness. Of course, in a transplant, some grafts don't survive, but that number would then easily be outmatched by the extra hairs verteprofin creates. Leaving the patient with more hair after each procedure.

But of course, we are not there yet. Hopefully further research will answer these questions and generate interest from the surgeon-community so they will actually use this in clinics.

Anyways: shukran ealaa kuli shay! (excuses for the google translate :))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SkyeBelcher said:

Hey Dr Barghouthi,

The website has a donation section? Do those donations go to you to help further the trials?

Yes absolutely. It is not solely for donations, it was just thought that as we hopefully involve more clinics etc then a unified place for updates may be more appropriate. Ofcourse I personally would still be available for interactive conversations here or on other channels whenever possible. We have also been approached by several individuals about how best to help and contribute- that’s why we setup a section for anyone wishing to contribute. It just becomes more transparent and easier to execute. It can also help encourage colleagues to join in as it can help cover part of the costs that a trial entails. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, Square1 said:

Of course there are still a lot of question marks around this, but let's say it would indeed be the case that 30% of the extracted grafts regenerates and these follicles are not weirdly disappearing after some months and carry the same amount of hairs, that would be amazing for a first trial. If the process could be repeated (transplanted hairs re-transplanted grow back at a rate of 30% as well) that would already be a functional cure for baldness. Of course, in a transplant, some grafts don't survive, but that number would then easily be outmatched by the extra hairs verteprofin creates. Leaving the patient with more hair after each procedure.

But of course, we are not there yet. Hopefully further research will answer these questions and generate interest from the surgeon-community so they will actually use this in clinics.

Anyways: shukran ealaa kuli shay! (excuses for the google translate :))

I totally agree. 

• Like 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators
On 11/20/2022 at 2:59 AM, Ganderson said:

No thank you!

so verteporfin.org is you then. Cool. Definitely we donate tomorrow. Will be amazing to rush this thing to the next step. If money is all you need, well, this is where all of us frustrated hair loss cure guys are living!!! 

@Melvin- Moderator have you thought about doing a follow up interview with Dr. B and promoting the webpage to this network? 

I did an interview last month or so, I think I’ll wait to do a follow up until after the results are a little more visible.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@DrTBarghouthi

I have 1 more suggestion.
Do a test where you threat 1 section of the receiver area with
 verteporfin and the other without.
My speculation is that the 
verteporfin threated area will have higher graft survivability because there would be less scar fibrosis smothering the newly inserted fair follicle.

Hey what if we can create a wound on a completely bald recepient area and then inject verteporfin onto it. Would this be a viable idea. I say this because I recall a newspaper article showing one man who grew all his hair back after burning his scalp. 

On 11/22/2022 at 8:32 PM, Kistyle said:

See below for studies and results regarding FAK. It seems to be a similar mechanism as verteporfin. The results show a great number of regeneration. 

Would a trial with FAK be possible as well? 

Definitely a very exciting potential treatment, that I hope will see more research over the coming decade.

However, it doesn’t hold the same short term potential as verteporfin does, due to it not being a preexisting, FDA approved, and off-patent substance.

1 hour ago, alopeciaphobia said:

Definitely a very exciting potential treatment, that I hope will see more research over the coming decade.

However, it doesn’t hold the same short term potential as verteporfin does, due to it not being a preexisting, FDA approved, and off-patent substance.

Is there any strong evidence that FAK works better than Verteporfin though? I know it works upstream of Verteporfin but does that mean it will undoubtedly provide better results?

Hey Dr…. Any interest on trying Verteporfin on a keloid FUT scar? I got one that makes me keep my hair longer and use hair fibers over it. I had 6 sessions of smp into that did nothing (did not stick). It’s kind of got my romantic life on hold for a while