Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

Hi guys. Apologies for the delay. I met the patient and will update the photos today or tomorrow at the latest. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

Can’t wait.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi guys.
So for this update I started with a zoomed out photo to try and make a more generalized idea about what’s going on. On the zoomed images - which I will also share, you can still see some potential hair growth around punch sites or within them as compared to control areas. You can also appreciate the difference in the punch area skin texture in between some of the test and control sites. Nonetheless, what is more interesting is the overall look of test vs control areas in the zoomed out photos. I particularly think that 0.4 mg gave an overall better healing and potential regrowth than others. You can hopefully appreciate how the area to the right of the blue line i marked shows a generally better looking donor healing than the same 0.4 control area. Again I do appreciate that limitations of this early trial and photography and I do think that some areas within the test areas healed better due to the injection technique or drug delivery method. This is something we have to improve as mentioned before. I will take histology in December of various sites to histologically compare test and control areas.

Please note that the top left corner of the T area just happens to be part of an older scar that he had too.

43EFE190-DADA-47C7-AAA9-9996E3B499D2.thumb.jpeg.0b83365dd4ce6884173826a3ed37679d.jpeg

2C1583EA-4428-49BF-A07B-9A986669E84C.thumb.jpeg.7e6760a359112065ed762732e1e4d9b4.jpeg

Here I can just see that the T has possibly less defined scarring borders and islands where healing seems to be better. It is not uniform throughout the box but that might show that vert was not active throughout the entire area.

96E0FBDB-D674-49D1-A488-06A895856DAB.thumb.jpeg.4694b2493957763228c786e957a6d6a7.jpeg

5EBEB990-5C16-4443-B292-E721E4B2A344.thumb.jpeg.2fb41101fb1938790c7eac495e9189f9.jpeg

Again punch sites in T show better looking skin texture even with no hair growth it seems.

A43CF0D7-A926-4ECC-ACBF-165F1B5496E7.thumb.jpeg.6c33c18e0967be4fc0f2cfdfab0ad334.jpeg

BC475683-1D86-49F2-9AE1-12D7D69F7EA1.thumb.jpeg.dbc2939ac41654e9c5c18ef7cf0af8d0.jpeg

0F10A3DC-2B9B-40A4-928C-6D42234E2CB7.thumb.jpeg.e29207d2acdde7800d5a8889327b94be.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Valued Contributor

Assuming I'm looking at and interpreting these new photos correctly, the difference in scarring between the Vert 0.32 test areas and it's partnering control area is dramatic. The slightly zoomed out comparison between the two sites is really quite stark - the white dots scars are barely visible compared to the control site.

Incredible. 

Thanks @DrTBarghouthi- fantastic, game-changing work!!

I definitely think there's a noticeable difference in the 0.4 C and T skin pigmentation that shows an appreciable difference for scars being less visible, but i do notice some very subtle areas of actual hair coming through a few of the scars and that's just in my eyes an extremely big bonus for almost SMP like effect. However, if those hairs ever became fully terminal, that would still be amazing even if its a rare and lucky bonus. 

If Verteporfin can reduce scarring and improve pigmentation, i wonder how it might be directly compared with that A Cell treatment that's already FDA approved and which might potentially be considered as a better priced additional treatment. 

• Like 1

Super happy to see the update Dr. Bargouthi.

It makes me happy to hear you mention several different ways in which the pilot experiment lacked, as this means that the potential for verteporfin may be even better than what we're currently seeing. I for one, am extremely excited for a trial with a higher and more consistently applied dosage. Hopefully you'll be able to operate soon on the patient that was supposed to get a full FUE with verteporfin with you.

Here I put the 0.4mg images, unaltered (only cropped) side by side. As far as I can see the difference is obvious. Less (bare) punch scars visible, while the ones that are visible seem to match the color of the scalp far better.

image.png.fc42bc2eb8a6c1b938e3e1427a63cba8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes I’m glad you share some of my observations as well. I think future attempts and adjustments are definitely worth pursuing because even the slightest difference between control and test areas is worth questioning and exploring.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Other treatments are used frequently (such as PRP) and in many cases we hardly see any skin or density improvement similar to this. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

@DrTBarghouthi thanks for update! looks promising! when are you starting tests with higher dosis? we all want to see more of this coming :)

are you aware of any other doctors doing this or asking about this to try soon? As someone else said before we should create some kind of summary doc about this so other doctors can read about this and not have to read all threads here and get lost and then send to most of clinics who want to participate.

Thanks a lot. Yes I am discussing with some doctors and hopefully we will have different trials going soon. Testing higher doses will also be soon. I just want to make sure the supply is there and improve the protocol further this time. 

• Thanks 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

3 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thanks a lot. Yes I am discussing with some doctors and hopefully we will have different trials going soon. Testing higher doses will also be soon. I just want to make sure the supply is there and improve the protocol further this time. 

Next time you get a volunteer, make a little ink mark/tattoo under every extracted follicle, that way:
A)  the hair will appear more dense which is nice for the subject. B) You will have much more accurate way to pinpoint to regrown hair. C) In a future hair transplant you can avoid the regrown hair which we can assume to be a bit weaker than the original

Because when I look at the current pictures I wonder if it's all new hair or it's just nicely healed scars that are less visible

• Like 1

Yes some sort of marking it is important I agree. Will aim to do so for the next trial. 

• Like 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 minute ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Yes some sort of marking it is important I agree. Will aim to do so for the next trial. 

Do you have any update for the next trial? 

I remember you saying you had someone lined up for a full transplant but they ended up leaving the country?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

We’re you able to speak to Dr. Farjo? I know he mentioned it in out podcast last month. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, SkyeBelcher said:

Do you have any update for the next trial? 

I remember you saying you had someone lined up for a full transplant but they ended up leaving the country?

I’m sorry I thought I replied but not sure where it went. Yes I still have the volunteer ready - I just want to use an updated dose on him to make sure we get the best out of it. Such volunteers are hard to find and so I want to make the best of it. It will be soon though.
I’m also waiting to make sure I have enough verteporfin supply for a full FUE

• Thanks 3

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

We’re you able to speak to Dr. Farjo? I know he mentioned it in out podcast last month. 

Unfortunately not yet as I had to cancel my Panama trip last minute for reasons beyond my control. I will arrange a meeting with him online. There are also other doctors willing and we should have an FUT strip done by one of them soon hopefully. 

• Like 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram