Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

2 hours ago, bigmistake said:

FUE scars are really sticky, they will be difficult to excise without hair. Moreover, if verteporfin does not work the excised scar may look worse. 

Maybe after Dr Bloxhams FUT scar a small FUE scar revision session can be done.

Yeah a small one to finetune the excision technique. Theoretically a good surgeon should be able to make precise cuts, scars also are smaller than wounds both in circumference and depth, so even if new scar forms it should be smaller than the previous one. Maybe some good surgeons on this forum can answer this question.

7 hours ago, OleBaldy said:

Ground breaking if this continues to work.

Yes Indeed, likewise i think it's very critical for all the trials studying if the hair follicles are regrowing again after extraction is tattooing every single follicle extracted area so we can have concrete proof of where & which follicles grew back if they did or not. Otherwise we're really not going to be able to accurately assess the results on hair growth.

• Well Done 1

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

Sorry, for some reason I wasn’t following the thread, so I wasn’t seeing notifications. 

Unfortunately, no, he canceled again. I won’t be reaching out to him again. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Hey Guys,

Sorry, for some reason I wasn’t following the thread, so I wasn’t seeing notifications. 

Unlucky, but thanks for the update! 

On 9/18/2023 at 8:56 PM, xhomer said:

Maybe Longakar is just playing to delay all this on purpose

Maybe you were onto something. He canceled so many times, it's rather odd.

Maybe he's reading this thread and having a laugh lol.

Nevertheless it was a good idea to try. But glad that Melvin and Dr. Bargouthi realized it was going nowhere and we're going ahead anyway.

Edited by alopeciaphobia

11 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Hey Guys,

Thank you @Melvin- Moderator.

Dr. Bloxham's trial soon will reach 3 months mark. In case of FUT there is not much place for debates, it either works or not, and soon we will know it.

You can use that as evidence(if it works) to persuade other surgeons to join.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sansi said:

Thank you @Melvin- Moderator.

Dr. Bloxham's trial soon will reach 3 months mark. In case of FUT there is not much place for debates, it either works or not, and soon we will know it.

You can use that as evidence(if it works) to persuade other surgeons to join.

Eagerly awaiting Dr Bloxham's results. If it works then it will be game changing. 

Thank you Melvin and Dr Barghouthi for your efforts. I'm sorry you were let down by Dr Longaker with the meetings. I don't normally post but have viewed this thread from the start. I deeply and truly appreciate everything you both are putting into this cause. I'm sure there are others like me who don't normally post but want to share their gratitude. 

Edited by Im actually here for scars
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Melvin- Admin, many of us here would like to repair the donor area.

Dr. Bloxham said that there are early very promising results, and I'm pretty sure verteporfin can greatly improve donor.

The major unknown is if FUE scars can be excised. (They are small, depth is not certain, and excising them has potential risks of damaging more healthy tissue.

Given your connections with so many great surgeons, can you check this with them ?

Thanks a lot !

• Wow 1

On 9/30/2023 at 10:34 PM, sansi said:

Hi @Melvin- Admin, many of us here would like to repair the donor area.

Dr. Bloxham said that there are early very promising results, and I'm pretty sure verteporfin can greatly improve donor.

The major unknown is if FUE scars can be excised. (They are small, depth is not certain, and excising them has potential risks of damaging more healthy tissue.

Given your connections with so many great surgeons, can you check this with them ?

Thanks a lot !

Where did Dr. Bloxham say that there are early promising results ? Can you please share a link.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Where did Dr. Bloxham say that there are early promising results ? Can you please share a link.

Hi. Yeah, I'm working on an update video right now. It will show post-op day 1 through month 1. Then I'll do a 2 month update (just got these photos back from the patients a week or so ago) quickly so I can try and get back on track and do simplier monthly updates from that point onward. Pretty encouraging stuff thus far though. I wish it was easier to get so I could already start setting up new trials with higher dosages and testing for different uses!”

from the discord 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

Q&A With Dr. Bloxham Update 10/01/23

FT: Can you give us a quick recap of the study progress so far and what you’ve witnessed?

Dr. Bloxham: We are basically at the two month mark right now. So I have images/video from post-op day 1 through month 2. The video I am working on now and will post asap will be post-op day 1 through month 1. I then hope to put the month 2 update up quickly and basically be caught up. Then, I can shift to monthly updates. 

Without giving too much away or getting into speculation, I can say two things: 1) The verteporfin is doing something. Clearly it is influencing the tissue in some manner. And with that said: 2) The treated wounds are healing differently. Now, what will this mean in the end? I don’t know. But something seems to be going on. I’ll get a little bit more into this during the 1 month update and definitely during the 2 month update. 

FT: From what you’ve seen so far with the verteporfin, do you have expectations of its effectiveness in hair surgery wound healing?

Dr. Bloxham: It’s so early for this type of wound (in its total healing process), that it is hard to say. I can say, however, that the slower/different wound healing doesn’t seem to be harmful in any way. There was some concern initially that changing the wound healing process could result in a higher risk of infection, wound dehiscence, etc. However, that does not seem to be the case. 

Also, effectiveness will be a little tricky to quantify now because we really don’t have a good handle on tissue concentration yet. I went up much higher compared to other studies because I believe there will be a dose dependent response (IE: the higher the concentration, the better the response — to an extent), but we still don’t know if we are going high enough to maximize the drug’s potential. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Wow. If he does another study with higher dosages, I’d definitely be interested. I have an existing fut scar that is thick and somewhat wide (have to cover it with hair fibers), and could use more grafts (need further hair transplants)

Edited by sr1486

As I understand from his massage, testing the dosages is key. So we will need good amount of trials to find out the best dosage and potential uses ( scar repairs, hair regeneration in recipient area etc).

Maybe also worth to combine with scar gels.

Unfortunately the things are moving forward very slowly. Hopefully if Dr. Bloxhams trial shows success more doctors will be motivated to join.

Edited by Nikoni

14 hours ago, Nikoni said:

As I understand from his massage, testing the dosages is key. So we will need good amount of trials to find out the best dosage and potential uses ( scar repairs, hair regeneration in recipient area etc).

Maybe also worth to combine with scar gels.

Unfortunately the things are moving forward very slowly. Hopefully if Dr. Bloxhams trial shows success more doctors will be motivated to join.

If results are there, it will pick up, hopefully with Dr Bargouthi  as well, should’ve been 3 months in on our last trial but things happen.

31 minutes ago, Square1 said:

You can pause the video on any moment you like and capture the screen.

Yeah, but it would be more helpful to look at higher quality photos, zoom in and out, etc.  on video it is low.

31 minutes ago, takuma said:

Sansi i think he posted them in the thread, check back to 6 months from now...im pretty sure these photos were posted

I think he didn't. I couldn't find.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sansi said:

Yeah, but it would be more helpful to look at higher quality photos, zoom in and out, etc.  on video it is low.

I think he didn't. I couldn't find.

Oh yeah, i think you're right...i don't see them posted either, just the video