Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

On 10/18/2023 at 7:02 AM, takuma said:

I'm curious to know if verteporfin if results in hair regeneration from the donor site if it will regenerate hair at the recipient site as well after wounding the scalp 

If it would regenerate hair on the recipient site, we could apply Verteporfin after micro needling and see what happens. I could play guinea pig if this stuff is available at pharmacies and has no side effects like fin or minox.

I do micro needling once a week with 0.75mm Dr Pen. 

Edited by Sele

On 9/26/2023 at 10:14 AM, OleBaldy said:

Ground breaking if this continues to work.

1 hour ago, tatasabaya said:

New update by Dr. Bloxham:

Wow , he said he should have 2-3month updates next week! 

So far it's seeming to work, Dr Bloxham's seeing hair, but he doesn't know if it's new hair from the verteporfin or something else, but after seeing it on 3 patients, i think we can all assume it's working fellas!  :)

• Like 1

one suggestion for Dr Bloxham to analyze the results is to take biopsies of the treated and untreated areas and send them to a lab for microscopic comparison for scar prevention and hair regeneration assessment, the same way that Dr Bargouthi did. Not sure if it's too early for that or not though. Also, extreme magnification pictures would help in general to gauge hair regrowth.

5 hours ago, tatasabaya said:

New update by Dr. Bloxham:

4 patients now show clearly visible regrowth compared to control areas and a biopsy by Dr Barghouthi that had more hair in the area than the control. Fair to say, its working!. I kind of expected it to work to some extent if it worked on a pig model so effectively which has similar skin appendages to humans but my god it actually works. To what extent we can see regrowth who knows its going to take a lot more testing but already incredibly exciting stuff. Big shoutout to the pioneer docs who are working on this, we all can't thank you enough honestly.

• Like 4

I think these early results are what should be expected in the good scenario. In pig study skin showed good recovery at month 4 and still was in remodeling process meaning it would improve over time. Especially promising is the amount of hair around/in the wound.

During Next week when hopefully Dr. Barghouthi will have uploaded photos and Dr. Bloxham will update  3 months results we will be able to say more confidently that verteporfin works. (I already believe it does) .

Both doctors deserve huge gratitude and will go down in history.

• Like 3

amaizing!! looks much better the treated areas and less shock loss around, @DrTBarghouthi would be nice if in your next experiments you also test injecting verteporfin not only on donor area but also in test/control in transplanted area... maybe it helps to reduce shock loss and better/faster growth too if that happens it would take HT and recovery to next level.

• Like 1

Very interesting results from Dr. Bloxham, but I believe the conclusions drawn here regarding regrowth are premature. Hair follicles don't grow from scratch within a month usually. The injected areas looking hairier is likely to be due to less shock loss, especially considering the length of the hair, as Dr. Bloxham mentions in the video.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, alopeciaphobia said:

Very interesting results from Dr. Bloxham, but I believe the conclusions drawn here regarding regrowth are premature. Hair follicles don't grow from scratch within a month usually. The injected areas looking hairier is likely to be due to less shock loss, especially considering the length of the hair, as Dr. Bloxham mentions in the video.

then how is he supposed to gauge regrowth at all.. I'm confused...are we going to need a full fue to know if this works or not ..lol

1 hour ago, takuma said:

then how is he supposed to gauge regrowth at all.. I'm confused...are we going to need a full fue to know if this works or not ..lol

Once its fully healed, shave the donor area and take close up shots and compare test to control.

Edited by alopeciaphobia

3 hours ago, takuma said:

Maybe I'm mistaken,  but it seemed hairs are popping out directly from the wound also. In Fue trial verteporfin did show regrowth since month 2, so maybe we will have more clarity in the next update.

On 10/16/2023 at 8:04 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay. I like to process the photos myself and I couldn’t get to that yet in clinic. Nonetheless, I know most of you are waiting for some sort of update. 
I had a look at the areas and the patient and I must say I’m quite happy with how the 0.4 mg and to some extent the 0.32 mg areas have developed. The 0.4 mg I found to be nicely healed . I will share the photos ofcourse but thought at least to give some update of what I saw thus far. 

@DrTBarghouthi while we are waiting for photos and are very happy with this promising update, it is a bit uncertain.

Can you please evaluate scar healing/hair regrowth in 0.4 area ? Maybe some approximate percentages.

Thank you Doctor.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 2:17 PM, alopeciaphobia said:

There seems to be regrowth in the areas adjacent to the sites injected with verteporfin. I get that the scarless healing would yield new skin and therefore new hair growth in the injected sites, but I wonder why it would happen in sites next to it. 

The difference in how the skin heals is definately interesting and is what we would expect to see if verteporfin works.

Agreed that it is way to early to make definitive statements. I am mildly optimistic though.

25 minutes ago, Square1 said:

There seems to be regrowth in the areas adjacent to the sites injected with verteporfin. I get that the scarless healing would yield new skin and therefore new hair growth in the injected sites, but I wonder why it would happen in sites next to it. 

The difference in how the skin heals is definately interesting and is what we would expect to see if verteporfin works.

Agreed that it is way to early to make definitive statements. I am mildly optimistic though.

Well, it's normal in a strip procedure that there is (temporary) shock loss in areas adjacent to the wound. Maybe that shock loss is caused by the Engrailed-1 expression that verteporfin inhibits?

I find it very implausible that a hair follicle can grow in a matter of weeks, and start growing fully terminal hair at a normal rate immediately after. Both in babies starting to develop scalp hair, as well as people partially reversing MPB through medication, follicles slowly start producing velluslike hairs and gradually transition to growing terminal hair normally.

This is why I can't imagine the increased hairiness in the control sites to be regrowth. The hairs are too long and too thick for how young they would be if they had regrown.

25 minutes ago, alopeciaphobia said:

Well, it's normal in a strip procedure that there is (temporary) shock loss in areas adjacent to the wound. Maybe that shock loss is caused by the Engrailed-1 expression that verteporfin inhibits?

I find it very implausible that a hair follicle can grow in a matter of weeks, and start growing fully terminal hair at a normal rate immediately after. Both in babies starting to develop scalp hair, as well as people partially reversing MPB through medication, follicles slowly start producing velluslike hairs and gradually transition to growing terminal hair normally.

This is why I can't imagine the increased hairiness in the control sites to be regrowth. The hairs are too long and too thick for how young they would be if they had regrown.

I agree with you, but adjacent hair was shaven, so it is also difficult to explain the length.
Maybe the hair was trapped under scar tissue and got a chance with vert :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alopeciaphobia said:

Didn't dr. Bloxham state that clients experienced new hair growth as opposed to less hair falling out? Anyway, we will find this out. The shock loss hair is supposed to grow back in the coming months. So if the hair count in the sites adjacent to the verteporfin injecting will become similar in treated and control sites , it was probably shock loss.

In the animal trials, did the new hairs started growing directly from the treated areas, or did the areas heal first and thereafter started growing new follicles? I guess that is would be expected to have the same pattern going on in humans.

22 hours ago, sansi said:

I agree with you, but adjacent hair was shaven, so it is also difficult to explain the length.
Maybe the hair was trapped under scar tissue and got a chance with vert :D

Why not just shave the whole extraction site now on the test and the control , and take pictures of each so he can determine if the hair hes seeing is new regrowth or non extracted hairs, it should be pretty easy to do and he won't have to wait months longer to see if it's working or not...Unless the new hair is supposed to sprout months later after the new skin is already almost formed... i have no idea tbh

24 minutes ago, takuma said:

Why not just shave the whole extraction site now on the test and the control , and take pictures of each so he can determine if the hair hes seeing is new regrowth or non extracted hairs, it should be pretty easy to do and he won't have to wait months longer to see if it's working or not...Unless the new hair is supposed to sprout months later after the new skin is already almost formed... i have no idea tbh

Easy to say. Most probably patients don't want to expose their scars. Also no need to shave, in 3 or 4 months update the hair growing directly from wound (if it grows) would be visible.

I believe Dr. Barghouthi's uploaded photos will show some evident hair regrowth also according to his last reply,

1 hour ago, sansi said:

Easy to say. Most probably patients don't want to expose their scars. Also no need to shave, in 3 or 4 months update the hair growing directly from wound (if it grows) would be visible.

I believe Dr. Barghouthi's uploaded photos will show some evident hair regrowth also according to his last reply,

Why in 3-4 months..why is the hair from within the wound if it's there not showing now...why wouldn't the doctor be able to see if there is regrowth there. Im just trying to understand it 

I hope the verteporfin works 100%, since really looking at this last photo of Mr. KK I don't know if it would be worth going through everything that it entails so that it remains like this, that is, excision costs, suture costs, price of the verteporfin (which is exorbitant), apart from the fact that if you are not lucky enough to be from India or a country there, in my country for example (Spain) you can only buy it with a prescription and going to the black market is highly persecuted , apart from the fact that you get it depending on the length of the scar, the thickness, etc. you would still have to rest for a while without working, since it heals more slowly, so I would love for it to work for the complex that I have with my stretch marks, but I'm really not very optimistic about the medical path that this may have, since I don't think they will invest if all these handicaps are involved.