Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

16 minutes ago, takuma said:

it's November fellas! i wonder what trials Dr Bargouthi has planned next, if he will be doing the full fue, or recipient area testing or both! And Dr Bloxham will probably be uploading his 3 month result video soon too! 

Man!

this is so very exciting! 😊 

I’ve been going through a lot of the literature and I personally think an experiment with better measurement is the best thing for us to do, now that we have a better idea to measure things. I think it’s unlikely the recipient area testing would be as successful b/c it seems like you need to wound the skin deep enough for it to figure out whether to go into a pro-fibrotic state or scarred state.

• Like 1

When do you think guy this can be a part of a surgery ? Is one year from now too optimistic ?
I hope Dr. Barghouthi will try also old FUE scars, Dr. Bloxhams trial seems to work the same way for older scars and fresh wounds.

54 minutes ago, sansi said:

When do you think guy this can be a part of a surgery ? Is one year from now too optimistic ?
I hope Dr. Barghouthi will try also old FUE scars, Dr. Bloxhams trial seems to work the same way for older scars and fresh wounds.

I mean people can go for surgery whenever they want. I personally think we're very close to the ideal dosage based on the literature (and based on the 0.4 mg/cm^2 results by barghouthi). In terms of when this will be widely accepted and 95% there, it really depends how much people spread the word to their doctors. If someone is able to convince their doctor, I can help their doctor onboard, as melvin and I are currently doing for Dr. Pittella. Honestly though, I wouldn't be getting a HT before we see further testing of verteporfin and the only way to expedite that it is for people to spread the word.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I mean people can go for surgery whenever they want. I personally think we're very close to the ideal dosage based on the literature (and based on the 0.4 mg/cm^2 results by barghouthi). In terms of when this will be widely accepted and 95% there, it really depends how much people spread the word to their doctors. If someone is able to convince their doctor, I can help their doctor onboard, as melvin and I are currently doing for Dr. Pittella. 

Wow Sounds Good !  I reached out few doctors in Europe, but they still seem to be hesitant. Hopefully that will change soon. Anyways I will wait until they find the best dosage.

I think Dr. Barghouthi will be also pioneer here offering Verteporfin as part of the surgery. Do you have any information on his plans ?

Also would one vial be enough for a full FUE ?

30 minutes ago, sansi said:

Wow Sounds Good !  I reached out few doctors in Europe, but they still seem to be hesitant. Hopefully that will change soon. Anyways I will wait until they find the best dosage.

I think Dr. Barghouthi will be also pioneer here offering Verteporfin as part of the surgery. Do you have any information on his plans ?

Also would one vial be enough for a full FUE ?

I mean the issue here is "waiting" until they find the best dosage. Who is "they"? Dr. Barghouthi and Dr. Bloxham? It might take years for them to find the best protocol on their own. Who knows if they will even do trials after this, as they've already paid so much out of pocket that we shouldn't expect them to do anything else?

We need more doctors to try, as part of a global trial. Rather than reaching out to doctors asking them to try verteporfin, I think its more important to emphasize that you will only get a HT with verteporfin. If they see enough patients only willing to get transplants with verteporfin, then they will understand the demand will only be there for doctors who offer verteporfin trials.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I mean the issue here is "waiting" until they find the best dosage. Who is "they"? Dr. Barghouthi and Dr. Bloxham? It might take years for them to find the best protocol on their own. Who knows if they will even do trials after this, as they've already paid so much out of pocket that we shouldn't expect them to do anything else?

We need more doctors to try, as part of a global trial. Rather than reaching out to doctors asking them to try verteporfin, I think its more important to emphasize that you will only get a HT with verteporfin. If they see enough patients only willing to get transplants with verteporfin, then they will understand the demand will only be there for doctors who offer verteporfin trials.

I just posted the results of dr. Barghouthi on the leading Dutch forum for hair loss and checked hairlosstalk and hairlosscure2020, which have no mention of these latest results. 

More exposure is crucial. The online hair loss crowd is already niche, and the percentage that knows about verteporfin is only a fraction of that. The more people know about this stuff and call for trials, the higher the chance that more doctors are willing to try it. 

If we can get just a couple of studies with a objective hair count that show consistent regrowth, the ball will start to roll as more and more docs will use it and keep finding better ways and dosages

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fox243 said:

There is still another issue, that this drug is hard to get, that's a major problem, we need to do something about that, because we can demand the surgeons use verteporfin, but how will they get it, not everyone is going to be able to go through all the hoops that Dr Bargouthi and Dr Bloxham had to do to get their hands on the stuff, so what do we do about that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Agree, this shouldn't be burden only on two doctors. But Dr. Barghouthi has two trials planned, and hopefully he will find the best dosage, as he mentioned 0.4 is not too far from it.

Anyone reached out to Gary Linkov ? He is HT and plastic surgeon and has a big audience from both sides. Actually reaching out also plastic surgeons may speed up the things .

• Like 1

Also better quality pictures with different angles/distances will help to spread the word and be more convincing. I know Dr. Barghouthi is very busy these days, but if someone can reach him and ask for these photos, that would be a big step forward.

36 minutes ago, sansi said:

Also better quality pictures with different angles/distances will help to spread the word and be more convincing. I know Dr. Barghouthi is very busy these days, but if someone can reach him and ask for these photos, that would be a big step forward.

on top of photos, maybe Dr Bargouthi can also get an updated new lab analysis done on the donor test areas, so we can accurately measure and know tbe level of regrowth by percentage of hair follicles regrown in the test areas

At the same time we should respect the limitations of a single doctor. I would be happy if Doctor Barghouthi posts more photos or does lab analysis, but we shouldn't be very demanding. I think photos with different scenarios will be good enough, after all this is a cosmetic procedure , and if it looks untouched then the job is done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sansi said:

Agree, this shouldn't be burden only on two doctors. But Dr. Barghouthi has two trials planned, and hopefully he will find the best dosage, as he mentioned 0.4 is not too far from it.

Anyone reached out to Gary Linkov ? He is HT and plastic surgeon and has a big audience from both sides. Actually reaching out also plastic surgeons may speed up the things .

One is not a trial fwiw – it’s just a patient who wants to use vert for his normal procedure, as I think all patients should be doing now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

One is not a trial fwiw – it’s just a patient who wants to use vert for his normal procedure, as I think all patients should be doing now

That's awesome ! Means Doctor Barghouthi is pretty confident already that he proposes verteporfin as a part of a normal procedure. Trial or not any new surgery with verteporfin would be beneficial.

IMO all we need is more photo/video and maybe histological/statistical evidence for this to have a snowball effect.

54 minutes ago, sansi said:

@Fox243 do you have contact with Dr. Bloxham ?
By the end of this week it will be 4 months since the trial, linear scar healing can potentially engage much broader audience of plastic surgeons.

I do have some contact with Dr. Bloxham, but I want to give him time to share his updates. Making an hour long video as he did for the last one takes days of effort and he's juggling that with his day practice. But anyways, I have no more information than the public does at this current stage.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I do have some contact with Dr. Bloxham, but I want to give him time to share his updates. Making an hour long video as he did for the last one takes days of effort and he's juggling that with his day practice. But anyways, I have no more information than the public does at this current stage.

That's why I think it's worth to contact him, he makes great video updates, but that requires time. We're close to month 4 but have update only for month 1.

I would totally understand if he wants to keep the format and not publish anything before his video updates, but if we had photos/videos from month 4, combine it with Dr. Barghouthis photos, Mascharak and Talbott papers, we would have pretty solid evidence to persuade doctors.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs-down 1

1 hour ago, sansi said:

That's why I think it's worth to contact him, he makes great video updates, but that requires time. We're close to month 4 but have update only for month 1.

I would totally understand if he wants to keep the format and not publish anything before his video updates, but if we had photos/videos from month 4, combine it with Dr. Barghouthis photos, Mascharak and Talbott papers, we would have pretty solid evidence to persuade doctors.

It would be really beneficial to know from dr. Bloxham if, after 4 months, there are significant and (what we see as) positive changes in the areas treated with verteporfin as compared to other areas. 

Even without further details, having this information as early as possible helps to steer the direction of further research. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I think I'll wait another week before asking him b/c I don't want to annoy him, but will provide the update here if I am allowed to.

The last thing we want is that docs refuse to do more work, because they felt being bugged the first time. So yeah, I agree. The guy is pretty enthousiastic so he will likely share his findings anyway, sooner or later.

Have been in contact with a Dutch-Turkish clinic that politely turned the offer of participation down. Unfortunately, the claim of regrowing the donor area after a transplant was also made by others including dr. Coen Gho. Many people familiar with the matter know that this is nonsense, so if you make similar claims, you are faced with resistance right off the bat. 

If 1 could get 1 clinic to participate, that would already be great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Many doctors work in comfort and earn bunch of money so the last thing they will want is experimenting with unknown drug.They will join only if it becomes widespread and competitive.
We need to find innovative doctors like Doctor Bs or some novice/not famous Doctors who are yet to enter market and don't have much clients.

Maybe organizing all the evidence in one space like photos, videos, articles would be helpful to share it with doctors.

20 minutes ago, sansi said:

Many doctors work in comfort and earn bunch of money so the last thing they will want is experimenting with unknown drug.They will join only if it becomes widespread and competitive.
We need to find innovative doctors like Doctor Bs or some novice/not famous Doctors who are yet to enter market and don't have much clients.

Maybe organizing all the evidence in one space like photos, videos, articles would be helpful to share it with doctors.

At some point, the money itself doesn't do that much anymore. If you are already financially independant and live in luxury, how much does an extra paycheck do for you? 

It is very probable that for many of these people, the possibility of contributing to the field and science in general, is an attractive idea. The problem is that there have been many hypes that turned out to do nothing, so there is a lot of scepticism to overcome. Luckily, dr. Barghouthi is a member of the ISHRS, so that would likely carry extra weight. Dr. Bloxham is not, but still his finding will be very important. If several doctors find the same thing, even sceptics will become interested.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Square1 said:

The last thing we want is that docs refuse to do more work, because they felt being bugged the first time. So yeah, I agree. The guy is pretty enthousiastic so he will likely share his findings anyway, sooner or later.

Have been in contact with a Dutch-Turkish clinic that politely turned the offer of participation down. Unfortunately, the claim of regrowing the donor area after a transplant was also made by others including dr. Coen Gho. Many people familiar with the matter know that this is nonsense, so if you make similar claims, you are faced with resistance right off the bat. 

If 1 could get 1 clinic to participate, that would already be great.

I have a verteporfin packet. Let me finish updating it over the next few days and then people can reach out.

• Like 2