Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

2 hours ago, sansi said:

Definitely needs more time for regeneration. The guy who had a burn on his cheek showed his 2 year results and it is scarless. We are getting more and more evidence lately that verteporfin is effective. We just need more doctors and trials.

Wait what? Was Verteporfin tried in burns 2+ years ago? Source?

• Administrators

BIG UPDATE:

I'm on the phone with Bausch + Lomb, the makers of Visudyne. 

I'm trying to get a bottle sent to Dr. Mohebi; he is interested in doing a trial now. I will also contact AmerisourceBergen to try and get this sourced to Dr. Pittella.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

BIG UPDATE:

I'm trying to get a bottle sent to Dr. Mohebi; he is interested in doing a trial now. I will also contact AmerisourceBergen to try and get this sourced to Dr. Pittella.

omfg ur the man

• Like 1

• Administrators

Spread the news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

13 hours ago, tatasabaya said:

Wait what? Was Verteporfin tried in burns 2+ years ago? Source?

There is a guy with a lot of scars, actually he was the first to use verteporfin for scar revision in 2021.

He sourced verteporfin and found a doctor to excise some of his scars and inject verteporfin. This was not a proper medical trial as doctor just cared about money and followed instructions by this guy. Recently he updated his cheek burn results and it is scarless . The skin is flat, color is the same as the surrounding area and hair is growing from  the burn area.

This one is an older comment from this thread

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

BIG UPDATE:

wow, thats so cool! hope it works out

• Administrators
1 hour ago, sansi said:

Did they agree to send a visudyne ?

They sent paperwork that needs to be filled out. I’ve left a message for Amerisource Bergen. 

• Like 3

View my thread

6 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

BIG UPDATE:

This is great. Because if we start seeing results we're also gonna start seeing doctors jump in by the dozens to try it as well. Cause they definitely are not trying to get left behind if this treatment really takes off. The doctors who offer it will have a huge advantage over the competition. 

I'm still gonna keep my expectations in check but it's looking promising so far. Cant wait for the next updates. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nikoni said:

Very good idea to involve verteporfin producers. Demand will hugely increase for vert. It's off patents of course but still they are ahead in competition and will make a lot of money.

Yeah no doubt they'll make bank from it initially. But if we can really make verteporfin mainstream in cosmetic surgery as a whole, it's all but certain that generics show up.

• Like 1

If Vetrophilin has this power of regeneration on a scar, bringing it back to producing hair bulbs, I think that even if it were injected into the skin of someone who had thinned out an area, the now atridized bulbs would return to producing healthy hair.
There is no trial scheduled for this.

Edited by hair_forever

7 hours ago, alopeciaphobia said:

Yeah no doubt they'll make bank from it initially. But if we can really make verteporfin mainstream in cosmetic surgery as a whole, it's all but certain that generics show up.

Rogaine is still making ton of money,no matter there are many other producers of minoxidil. So will be with verteporfin producers, there would be enough bank for many. They can be persuaded to join.

@Fox243 do you have any updates from Dr. Bloxham 4 month results ?

On 11/7/2023 at 12:24 PM, Fox243 said:

It's $1800 for visudyne, but vert itself is quite cheap: https://www.medchemexpress.com/Verteporfin.html

How much would I need if I wanted to try it myself at home with microneedling? This may be cheap compared to the name brand but this is still very expensive stuff.

14 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

How much would I need if I wanted to try it myself at home with microneedling? This may be cheap compared to the name brand but this is still very expensive stuff.

I don't think it'd work with microneedling tbh -- it probably needs to be injected after an excision b/c of its molecular weight. There's another GB going on for a new compound (GNE-7883) that could work with microneedling. Either way, if you still wanted to try with verteporfin, I'd actually buy from here: https://www.targetmol.com/compound/Verteporfin (better purity and has been tested by an individual in a group I am in) and 10 mg should be enough if you assume 0.4 mg/cm^2 and a 200 cm^2 wounding area. 

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nikoni said:

Rogaine is still making ton of money,no matter there are many other producers of minoxidil. So will be with verteporfin producers, there would be enough bank for many. They can be persuaded to join.

@Fox243 do you have any updates from Dr. Bloxham 4 month results ?

I can see the expensive Visudyne work for plastic surgery where it's injected along a line. But for a full FUE, you'll need so many bottles of Visudyne, you'll easily get into the 5-figure price territory. I'm going to imagine that surgeons would rather use a generic and put the verteporfin surcharge in their own pocket.

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I don't think it'd work with microneedling tbh -- it probably needs to be injected after an excision b/c of its molecular weight. There's another GB going on for a new compound (GNE-7883) that could work with microneedling. Either way, if you still wanted to try with verteporfin, I'd actually buy from here: https://www.targetmol.com/compound/Verteporfin (better purity and has been tested by an individual in a group I am in) and 10 mg should be enough if you assume 0.4 mg/cm^2 and a 200 cm^2 wounding area. 

Can you explain the math with cm2 and mg ?

Its not going to work for microneedling, it would be a waste of time and resources to pursue in my opinion. The idea is that you block scarring with this drug. blocking scarring and microneedling is not going to cause a hair to go through the multiple cycles it needs to become thick terminal hair. Even if you microneedle deep enough that it removes the hair follicle completely, im still under the belief that blocking scarring will only result in miniaturized hair regrowing. Besides even if it did work then what? Continue a lifelong prescription of Finasteride & Minoxidil? Or do it every month before the hair has time to miniaturise again? Who would want that over a lifelong head of DHT-resistant hair? 

25 minutes ago, ijustbethinkin said:

Its not going to work for microneedling, it would be a waste of time and resources to pursue in my opinion. The idea is that you block scarring with this drug. blocking scarring and microneedling is not going to cause a hair to go through the multiple cycles it needs to become thick terminal hair. Even if you microneedle deep enough that it removes the hair follicle completely, im still under the belief that blocking scarring will only result in miniaturized hair regrowing. Besides even if it did work then what? Continue a lifelong prescription of Finasteride & Minoxidil? Or do it every month before the hair has time to miniaturise again? Who would want that over a lifelong head of DHT-resistant hair? 

i doubt hair if it grows back as terminal robust hair that it will reminiturize so soon, it should be months even years before it reminiturizes.

4 hours ago, takuma said:

i doubt hair if it grows back as terminal robust hair that it will reminiturize so soon, it should be months even years before it reminiturizes.

I think we still don't really know how the miniturization process works and what the exact role of DHT is. It stands to reason however that, let's say a follicle starts to shrink at 30, it had endured 15 years of peak DHT production. So if the follicle can be "restarted" with verteporfin, it would take a long time before ever needing another treatment again, if ever.

If you would take a miniturized follicle , remove it from the scalp (like a donor hair in a transplant) and treat the area with vp, would it then regenerate without the miniturization? 

• Administrators
On 11/7/2023 at 9:24 AM, Fox243 said:

It's $1800 for visudyne, but vert itself is quite cheap: https://www.medchemexpress.com/Verteporfin.html

How legit is this site? I don’t think we want to do trials on something that could potentially be underdosed or fake. 

View my thread

51 minutes ago, Square1 said:

I think we still don't really know how the miniturization process works and what the exact role of DHT is. It stands to reason however that, let's say a follicle starts to shrink at 30, it had endured 15 years of peak DHT production. So if the follicle can be "restarted" with verteporfin, it would take a long time before ever needing another treatment again, if ever.

If you would take a miniturized follicle , remove it from the scalp (like a donor hair in a transplant) and treat the area with vp, would it then regenerate without the miniturization? 

that's a good question... that's why it's important that we test it for that, not just hair transplants. Because this could be a revolutionary hair loss cure even without a transplant, but we won't know if it's not tested