Dr Mwamba June 2022 - Asli Tarcan botch job repair

RTC

On 9/26/2022 at 6:21 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

Im not seeing any visible bad angles which is great. Are you able to take any close up pics of the bad angles? 

One thing im worried about in my own situation with mwamba is ok maybe he missed some of the bad angles in my lat surgery bc they were in resting phase.

But who is to say for this second surgery some of the bad grafts wont be in resting phase again? Just dont understand it

Hair unstyled

20220928_085147~2.jpg

20220928_085150~2.jpg

Edited by RTC

9 hours ago, RTC said:

Hair unstyled

20220928_085147~2.jpg

20220928_085150~2.jpg

oh gotcha. that's fairly similar to my own bad angles that Mwamba couldnt or didnt get. Just like you, they are only noticeable if someone looks at me from very specific angles. While others might say, "not a big deal", it really bothers the hell out of me. 

I agree with the previous commenter that electrolysis could work. But, my own worry with electrology is the scalp is such a delicate area that who is to say the lady wont kill a bunch of good Mwamba grafts. 

Doing very very detailed and specific electrolysis on the scalp seems totally different than the usual electrolysis procedures - which I imagine is mass-destroying large sections of peoples legs, nether regions, chest, etc. -where there the lady does not have to be cautious or discrete. 

Really frustrating. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

oh gotcha. that's fairly similar to my own bad angles that Mwamba couldnt or didnt get. Just like you, they are only noticeable if someone looks at me from very specific angles. While others might say, "not a big deal", it really bothers the hell out of me. 

I agree with the previous commenter that electrolysis could work. But, my own worry with electrology is the scalp is such a delicate area that who is to say the lady wont kill a bunch of good Mwamba grafts. 

Doing very very detailed and specific electrolysis on the scalp seems totally different than the usual electrolysis procedures - which I imagine is mass-destroying large sections of peoples legs, nether regions, chest, etc. -where there the lady does not have to be cautious or discrete. 

Really frustrating. 

Very frustrating indeed. Reminds me of a character from The Simpsons.

At this stage though, like I said, I can't stomach another procedure. And killing those bad grafts with elctrolysis would leave the area sparse, almost causing me to go back to square one. So I'm stuck between a rock and hard place.

Here’s a thought…if you’re willing to wear the hair longer, with time you will be able to brush style that hair in a way that better allows you to control the direction and lift which also creates more illusionary volume…this style starts with a fade and transitions upwards…the top is long (4-6) inches which also allows you the option of brushing over any other thinning areas…keep in mind it will take at least 12 months to attain 6 inches of length and those grafts will be trained in the direction that you have been grooming by then.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I forgot to add that this approach works well for individuals like yourself who already have decent hair volume.

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Thanks @gillenator, that's the plan

Anyway, tomorrow is 14 weeks and starting to get depressed.

Not seeing any significant growth. The small hairs in the left side of the hairline that have grown haven't gone past a few millimetres... I'm not seeing any growth on the right hand side at all. My hairline is still pluggy and see through.

The only place where I'm seeing good growth is on my temples.

Starting to believe something is wrong.

Trying to stay positive as it's apparently early.........

Edited by RTC
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Keep positive..repair work can also take longer to come in so don't be too downbeat as it is still early. I have dealt with many patients since 2009 and some have explosions early and some don't and need a good 5 months to see things and it is more gradual. So, keep the faith and be as patient as you can, even if that is not easy. You are still early on even if we would all like to be really fast bloomers.  

• Like 2

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

1 hour ago, RTC said:

Not seeing any significant growth. The small hairs in the left side of the hairline that have grown haven't gone past a few millimetres... I'm not seeing any growth on the right hand side at all. My hairline is still pluggy and see through.

You shouldn't expect to see anything before 3 months to be honest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTC said:

Stay strong bruddha, the growth definitely won’t happen the same for everyone. 
just remember, repair options are more mental than the actual growth happens. Once you get those hairs growing in you’re going to forget this feeling. The ugly duckling/shock loss phase sucks and it’s definitely brutal. But it’s better than having done nothing. 

keep your mind off of it and try to get into other activities you suck at and try to get better at it. By the time you get better with that new invested interest, instead of worrying, you’ll probably have some good gains to your scalp. So it’s a win/win

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

We also need to remember that in subsequent procedures the blood 🩸 flow is somewhat compromised which can affect the regrowth period and take longer to manifest.

• Like 1

Gillenator

@RTCi am just over 4 months and believe me when i say that it's not easy when it comes to waiting for these things to grow in, thicken up etc.

It's a pure and simple (but painful) waiting game. We all know 12 months is counted as the magic "Your more or less absolute final result" and things can look negative for some people and behind schedule for longer than we want. I don't know if you are doing it, but maybe applying Minoxodil to the area may help you a little to speed up growth etc. 

Just keep 12 months as the main timeframe in your head and when you truly need to be concerned. I'm at just over Month 4 and the whole waiting game is a nightmare because you do begin to question yourself on whether it's actually going to properly grow in and look right. My temple points, they're very light looking. They aren't blending yet at all on either side. That mentally messes with you imo. 

• Like 2

Waiting up to 12 months especially in repair situations is extremely challenging to say the least…try to hang in for the long run.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Hang in there man. I know its hard. Idk anyone who enjoys this procedure or its long a** wait time till you see results 

I think its crazy how popular opinion on this forum suddenly changed overnight where people demand growth by 2-3 months or think something is wrong. 

For my last 3 HTs i didnt see growth truly start happening till 4 months on the dot. 

You can hope for growth before 4 months, but i wouldnt expect growth till you actually hit 4 months. 

If you still arent seeing any growth by 5.5-6 months, i think then its time to start asking about a free touchup, get other consults, etc

• Like 1

Here’s my growth at 8 months, 6 months and 8.5 months (wet with a very bright white light pointed directly at my hair). I had zero growth at 4 months and looked worse than pre-op because of shock loss. You need to wait until 7-8 months before  evaluating growth.

Edited by Tiger2050
Removed pics for anonymity
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tiger2050 said:

Here’s my growth at 8 months, 6 months and 8.5 months (wet with a very bright white light pointed directly at my hair). I had zero growth at 4 months and looked worse than pre-op because of shock loss. You need to wait until 7-8 months before  evaluating growth.

4CDAB41A-6F26-4B20-BD13-1F48D11A697C.jpeg

F8D36E02-7786-418A-A11A-CB9AF9C2231E.jpeg

880CF9D8-BFB5-49F4-88E7-3AA2D35A2875.jpeg

You should post your journey results look great 

9 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Lets not hijack OPs thread please. 

No intention of hijacking OPs thread, just providing an example timeline. 14 weeks is very early, I was still in the ugly duckling phase and saw most of my growth between 6-8 months.

Edited by Tiger2050
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tiger2050 said:

4CDAB41A-6F26-4B20-BD13-1F48D11A697C.jpeg

F8D36E02-7786-418A-A11A-CB9AF9C2231E.jpeg

880CF9D8-BFB5-49F4-88E7-3AA2D35A2875.jpeg

We need to see how you were before the ht

16 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Hang in there man. I know its hard. Idk anyone who enjoys this procedure or its long a** wait time till you see results 

I think its crazy how popular opinion on this forum suddenly changed overnight where people demand growth by 2-3 months or think something is wrong. 

For my last 3 HTs i didnt see growth truly start happening till 4 months on the dot. 

You can hope for growth before 4 months, but i wouldnt expect growth till you actually hit 4 months. 

If you still arent seeing any growth by 5.5-6 months, i think then its time to start asking about a free touchup, get other consults, etc

Just wondering, how long did the shock loss stage last for you then @HappyMan2021 on your last transplant? As in, all hairs fell out and the recipient area looked completely bald again?

From reading the previous updates from @RTC, the completely bald stage of shedding didn’t last long for him and hairs started to show, but now they’ve not continued to grow…

8 hours ago, FITA said:

Just wondering, how long did the shock loss stage last for you then @HappyMan2021 on your last transplant? As in, all hairs fell out and the recipient area looked completely bald again?

From reading the previous updates from @RTC, the completely bald stage of shedding didn’t last long for him and hairs started to show, but now they’ve not continued to grow…

Well i was a repair patient so it wasnt as straightforward as "put hair on all the bald areas and thats that". 

Rather, i had a lot of bad angled hair extracted and a lot of new implanted grafts in areas that already had native or good grafts from previous surgeries

But to answer your question-i think 90-95% of the transplant hair fell out after 2-3 weeks. 

I think there was also minor shock loss of surrounding hair, but nothing noticeable from a casual observer pov. 

The 5% of mwamba grafts that didny get shock loss remained frozen stubble for a good 2 months or so. 

Around 2.5 months i started seeing very very slow growth of this stubble hair. Approaching month 3 i noticed brand new hair start sprouting, not alot but it did happen. 

I am basically at month 4 on the dot and everything seems to be proceeding well

• Thanks 1

So happy for you HappyMan!

Gillenator