Dr Mwamba June 2022 - Asli Tarcan botch job repair

RTC

What a journey. Love Dr Mwamba’s work. Honestly the skill required to pull this off is incredible. I can’t imagine how deep you must have had to dig to sit in the chair for so long. Really hope this is a home run for you mate!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @RTC
Firstly I want to say that your YT content is great, and hope that all is going well 

I relate to you as I myself suffered from the Turkish scheme by both fees and over-harvesting related issues
4 years later I went for a 2nd HT at Dr. Mwambas clinic - and currently just hit 2 month mark. 
Reviewing your case I can very much relate to your concerns, I did and still do have them as well in both of my HT's
Were the grafts transplanted too far apart? how many did not survive? did I really get 2000 grafts or was I knocked off again? 
We have to keep in mind real results show after a year and probably more, it takes time for the transplanted hair to merge with your native hair growth cycle, blend in and fit together
It took over 18 months for my first FUE to look good and I did panic throughout this period multiple times

Yes if you look carefully, you might find defects or suspicious looking hairs but relying on the end result with the density and thickness illusion is just part of the plan when doing a well strategized procedure.

Best thing to do (thats what I keep telling myself) is recovering well and letting your body do its work, give a good year of stacking up on hairloss counter meds like Fin to tie it all together. 

Fingers crossed for you man, see you on the finish line past 1 year!

Edited by Mike1J

@RTC Thank you for making such informative youtube videos, by making such videos you are helping people to learn from our mistakes. I may also require a repair (if possible). I have some questions for you:

1) How did you contact Dr Mwamba I have sent two emails but haven't received a reply yet.

2) What was the transection rate of the grafts removed from the hairline ?

3) Did you have any misdirection/ misangulation ? What did Dr Mwamba do about that ?

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

Update?

@Ajamilo I'm actually curious what your own next steps are. I had surgery with Mwamba in June and am seeing him in Brussels. 

Have you just completely moved on from Mwamba, or in talks with their office at all? Perhaps you are looking at other surgeons? Or perhaps you have found peace and have just moved on from the hair transplant world and are living your life?

• Like 1

Update at 6 months and 1 week 

-----------------------------------

The hairline and the hair an inch or so behind the hair has barely grown at all. My hairline is pluggy and see through still. I've grown it very long to cover the hairline.

My temple points have grown in perfectly and look good.

The back looks good at a longer length, but if I cut it short there is a line at the bottom.

I haven't contacted the Dr yet but will take some photos soon and do so. I don't see the point however, as there is no more donor hair to use for the hairline and front of my head. It's pretty much done for me and there is no way back now, I thought this would be the end of my transplant/hair concerns.

Edited by RTC
  • Sad 11

4 hours ago, RTC said:

The hairline and the hair an inch or so behind the hair has barely grown at all. My hairline is pluggy and see through still. I've grown it very long to cover the hairline.

The back looks good at a longer length, but if I cut it short there is a line at the bottom.

I haven't contacted the Dr yet but will take some photos soon and do so. I don't see the point however, as there is no more donor hair to use for the hairline and front of my head. It's pretty much done for me and there is no way back now, I thought this would be the end of my transplant/hair concerns.

It is really sad to hear it bro. there is still time left as it is only 6 months but very strange that it has not grown at all. mine did grow but it was thin all the way and it is still thin and see trought today
but I remember warning you against going to Dr.Mwamba because of your hair type and that to be honest he doesn't master curly hair based on the results I've seen from real patients.

Did the doctor say that your donor is used up?

5 hours ago, RTC said:

So sorry to hear this mate. Do you mind sharing pictures so we can see?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RTC said:

6 months is still early, I would expect there to be more growth for several more months, so don't panic too much yet.

9-10 months is when I got close to what my final result was. I would say there was at least 20% more improvement from the 6 month mark.

Hey RTC, I remember we had surgery at the same date in Brussels. I must say I am also kind of disappointed with my results although I still have to grow it out. I don’t really know what to think about this situation. I mean over the last months I have seen some questionable NW3 transplants my Mwamba. People are telling me that it is normal to need 2 surgeries. But honestly if my left side looks really good and my right side obviously lacks density(weak spots)  there has to be something wrong. Especially since I told the doctor to use as many grafts as needed. Why do I need to go back and pay again to fix spots which obviously lack density ? They simply didn’t grow. I should at least get the offer of a free fix. I should have gone to Bisanga. I’m hoping the illusion of density will be created if my hair is longer. I really hope that your results will still improve, remember you are a repair patient.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RTC said:

Dont despair man, even though you have all right to, Please wait until at least month 9 before making any decision, from what I know transplanted hair in scarred tissue might take longer to come through... and regarding no donor, go to a top doctor like bruno pinto or bisanga who have excellent donor management skills, 200-300 singles could make a world of difference in the right hands and they shouldn't affect your donor too much even after asli tarcans handiwork 

I find it strange those hairs wouldn't grow, doesn't seem like there should be a real reason for it (regardless of doctor). Hopefully you are a late grower

Also, I think for documenting such problems it would be easier to understand with pictures tbh?

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

Hello my friend. I request you to please contact Dr Mwamba and hear what he has to say. Maybe repair grafts take longer to grow ?

Also some people are slow growers as well. 

Edit:

My friend I just want to wish you a Merry Christmas. Sending good wishes your way. Know this you have friends here. Maybe you are a slow grower and by month 9 you get some growth.

Edited by bigmistake

Here are the photos

PLEASE PLEASE do not insult my intelligence and say the hairline doesn't look too bad. In photos, hairlines rarely look as thin and see-through as they do in real life. I can assure you my hairline is awful and very see through.

I am very happy with the temples.

Anyway, here are the photos.

leftdonorcensored.thumb.jpeg.023363d9504055d8eba1fc0556679a4b.jpeg

rightcensored.thumb.jpeg.34b2e9fe4b6cbd89197b35921171ef06.jpeg

hairline1censored.thumb.jpeg.63de6d9a23210e5c3428d980310fb905.jpeg

hairlinefront2.thumb.jpeg.6ede78e901bc6195e37aba9a86dec26f.jpeg

donor1.thumb.jpeg.c919e52412c91d8776d2416ce489da32.jpegleftprofilecensored.thumb.jpeg.bac33fc45539bae66744c93092dae08e.jpegrightdonor.thumb.jpeg.0c5d5d9401d2a24cef72997d3a301596.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I can see what you mean, that the hairline is still not looking natural which was your main goal.

However, temple + donor repair seem to have improved significantly at least! Esp. considering BHT/donor repair takes way longer than 6 months to show full strenght, it looks promising.

For the hairline, I think there's at least a non-zero chance that with more months it will look more natural once the softer singles grow, and the backline goes thicker... lets cross fingers.

Your donor looks good enough that I really doubt you have 0 hair left for extraction, a very good surgeon with something as little as 200-300 single hairs can make a hairline look way more natural and less pluggy imo.

All in all, what I want to bring to the table is, i'm sure you can get at least 95% satisfaction results for your hairloss journey, dont give up just yet and maybe re-evaluate in a few more months. I hope everything works out well for you.

• Like 2

Man — I’m sorry to see this. The donor looks much better compared to the situation post-Tarcan and agree the temples look great. 

Hairline isn’t where it should be 100%. I hope Mwamba is ethical and is willing to offer you a repair; it def should not look pluggy and I’d expect better from him. Please let everyone know his response. 

The hairline is defined and if this is six months I'd be surprised if it looks like this at nine months. I'd be feeling good about this at this point if I were you, am I missing something? Should fill in very nicely over the coming months. Tough I know to trust that after a bad first HT, but I think you should be fine.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments, but I am not optimistic as some of you guys. I've never seen a transplant get significantly better after six months. Hanging on to the slim chance that things will start improving now is only setting myself up for disappointment.

The thought of having another transplant sickens me after the amount of money and time already invested. And like I said, I highly doubt I have enough viable grafts to do this again without creating another problem in my already decimated donor.

I have emailed the doctor and will wait to see what he says.

Edited by RTC