Dr Mwamba June 2022 - Asli Tarcan botch job repair

RTC

12 hours ago, civic said:

The donor area looks very much improved, and its only been a month. 

Yeah donor area is looking good but until I trim it down to what I was doing pre-surgery, will reserve judgement. 6 months I think is when I can make a full judgement of the repair. But Mwamba definitely did an amazing job with the extractions considering the problems my donor already had.

• Like 2

Absolutely incredible work!

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

That's great to hear RTC...hope you are happy with the recent progress!

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

12 Week Update

So last Wednesday was the 12 week point post-transplant.

Suffice to say, this has been a tough three months. Looking out every day for growth and seeing nothing really made me bitter, even though I thought I was mentally prepared for it. I started questioning the whole procedure, Dr Mwamba, hair transplants in general etc.

Thankfully, I am seeing some small growth starting, mainly in the left side of my hairline and a small amount in my temples. In fact, I noticed small hairs coming through at week 7 or 8, but they never grew past short stubble and eventually disappeared I believe. But now I am seeing the growth of small hairs that are actually getting longer. I am NOWHERE near where I need to be yet though.

645457285_12Weeks-Hairlinetop.thumb.jpeg.9b5a491e905bd375b04c908d2cb360ae.jpeg

1286273695_12weeks-Hairline.jpeg.ad94ebead05f2fb48e9e41077c180ebe.jpeg

238392087_12Weeks-Wethair.thumb.jpeg.ddb6494461ce3ec45d5ea52a0aff6d7f.jpeg

1890554077_12Weeks-LeftWet.jpeg.d629370690fcae28df5912b409121955.jpeg

635694283_12Weeks-RightWet.jpeg.1d91026822ce77f6ce3eb688f8ec812e.jpeg

Still cautious, still not getting my hopes up, but I've stopped using fibers as my hair, when styled, looks decent. I'm just hoping my currently see-through hairline and the temples (I really don't know what to call this area, I don't mean temples on the side of the face) continue to thicken up. If I even get 50% more density in these areas than I currently do, I will be super happy.

The removal of grafts Mwamba did for me around the hairline and temples has been fantastic. I'm very happy with the look and shape now. Although there are some hairs still left that Dr Mwamba wasn't able to get rid of (probably in resting phase), so I've been plucking them. And yep, no scars from the graft removal. If I was to go back for another procedure I'd defo ask for them to be removed.

695158180_12weeks-right.thumb.jpeg.f5b8694eba54cd06d762d947006bfcd4.jpeg1759757527_12Weeks-Left.thumb.jpeg.6a515bb9b7b19a6efbd00144176396db.jpeg

942669496_Left-Angle.thumb.jpeg.9bd50d1e4f82dd50f6686c944d42f181.jpeg1412351384_Right-angle.thumb.jpeg.588139d18b8699df5d0c226642cf0a9b.jpeg

Now, to the donor.

So far, I haven't noticed a huge improvement in the donor. The beard grafts haven't grown in yet.

1235571369_12Weeks-Donor.thumb.jpeg.03d648de0137e031c95f2ca725452e60.jpeg

1116164154_Donor-right.thumb.jpeg.06f24a86cc2e9ef8acff8680b9704334.jpeg

379787253_Donor-Left.thumb.jpeg.ada4212bdd265c7ec66ef9891b7d82ea.jpeg

If I am honest, I feel like the left side looks a little worse than before, and on the right side, it's the same or maybe a bit worse (at the bottom). I used to be able to get a one on the back of my head, now I have to get a number 2, or the scar is quite obvious. I am hoping this may be a little shock loss and will improve once the beard hairs grow in. I don't know if I'm imagining that it's worse though as my brother tells me it looks great.

Below is the 'temple' region I referred to above - what the hell is this area called?

Temple growth.jpeg

Edited by RTC
  • Like 4

Looking good mate. 12 weeks is still nothing really. Give it another 6-8 weeks and I reckon you’ll see a big difference.

Are you happy with the hairline itself? Graft direction etc. all good? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FITA said:

Looking good mate. 12 weeks is still nothing really. Give it another 6-8 weeks and I reckon you’ll see a big difference.

Are you happy with the hairline itself? Graft direction etc. all good? 

yeah the hairline is great, but like I said, there are a few hairs I want permanently removed that I have to pluck. Also, I forgot to mention, the badly angled hairs you can see in some photos above do bother me. Ideally I'd get Dr Mwamba to remove them and replant them properly. But I don't have the stomach (nor money) to have to go through another a year of ugly duckling phase.

Edited by RTC
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

The taper does nicely with the donor it looks like nothing was done how many total grafts have been extracted overall?

Yeah my barber is great, he knows how to camouflage well without having to keep the donor very long (I would hate to have a long donor, feels very unstylish). Still looks clean.

I'm not sure about the graft count tbh, it's written in my first post of this thread.

Edited by RTC

Im not seeing any visible bad angles which is great. Are you able to take any close up pics of the bad angles? 

One thing im worried about in my own situation with mwamba is ok maybe he missed some of the bad angles in my lat surgery bc they were in resting phase.

But who is to say for this second surgery some of the bad grafts wont be in resting phase again? Just dont understand it

This is a great start. 3 months is literally when patients start seeing fine baby hairs so you’re ahead of the curve. I think month 5-6 is when the real magic happens.

for those stray hairs you can get them removed by electrolysis if they bug you. Consult with your doctor first though 

• Like 1