Dr Mwamba June 2022 - Asli Tarcan botch job repair

RTC

11 hours ago, sukh123 said:

Saw this and thought of you , looks like this guy actually going to a get a good result from them

That actually looks like it's gonna be a sick result to be fair. I dont begrudge him a good result, but Asli Tarcan can still suck my nuts lmao

Edited by RTC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Vann said:

Im trying to figure out... are you getting any sleep bruddha? between the donor restocking and implants how are you sleeping?

The first 5 days I was elevating my head on two pillows and wearing the neck pillow, so the back of my head was mostly floating in the air. But 2 days after my donor re-stocking op, I woke up with the back of my head stuck to the pillow (on the large inko pad). Thankfully Dr Mwamba confirmed that everything looked fine and no damage was done.

So it has been a bit of a ballache but I'm finally sleeping almost normally lol, how about you?

Edited by RTC
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RTC said:

The first 5 days I was elevating my head on two pillows and wearing the neck pillow, so the back of my head was mostly floating in the air. But 2 days after my donor re-stocking op, I woke up with the back of my head stuck to the pillow (on the large inko pad). Thankfully Dr Mwamba confirmed that everything looked fine and no damage was done.

So it has been a bit of a ballache but I'm finally sleeping almost normally lol, how about you?

It’s probably not as bad as you since I don’t ah e to worry about my donor. But I’ve been finally sleeping normally the last day or 2. I have no itch or anything that feels off. But I do find myself wanting to sleep on my side very badly. 
I feel like when I use my neck pillow the back of my head feels really weird and like I’m blocking my own circulation. So I’ve been using it less and less

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

14 hours ago, RTC said:

Yeah, it can be something scary to feel you just had something happen that's compromised your results. 

Personally i tried to sleep upright in a recliner or single seater for as much of the first week as possible. I'm hoping that helped me avoid any issues with my recipient area and i tried to make sure i locked my hands away from sleepily touching the grafts man. 

I hope you really get the outcome you want, and get to see the fruits of your labour for trying to find the right doctor for repair and also helping others try to avoid the same fate with your content. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vann said:

What does your post op care look like?

So it was saline spray every 20 minutes until bottle finished. I really liked this because my scabs are very mild and didn't get too severe at all. Antibiotics and steroids for a few days after. And hydrocortisone cream and antibacterial gel on beard and donor area for 5 days. Seems to have done the trick as no infection etc and scabbing almost all off (day 9 now).

21 minutes ago, RTC said:

So it was saline spray every 20 minutes until bottle finished. I really liked this because my scabs are very mild and didn't get too severe at all. Antibiotics and steroids for a few days after. And hydrocortisone cream and antibacterial gel on beard and donor area for 5 days. Seems to have done the trick as no infection etc and scabbing almost all off (day 9 now).

A part of me wishes maybe i sprayed more often too during the first 7 days as my scabs got really crusty and dry. It doesn't appear on the surface that this hopefully has affected the outcome of the results but you never can shake the feeling of blame if anything isn't 100%.

Either way, i think you went with a world class choice and you should be in great hands getting the result you want. 

1 hour ago, RTC said:

Wow every 20 minutes is kind of excessive but I guess if it worked out all is well. 
do you have a lot of scabs in your recipient area?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

@Vann to be honest it was quite easy to spray often, and I wasn't super strict about 20 minute intervals. I do have scabbing but it's very light and not super dark or angry. I attribute this to the spray, it's just helped it heal very cleanly thank God.  

@NARMAK I'm not really aware that it makes a difference to the end result which is why there are so many conflicting approaches from different clinics, but I do feel like the 'cleaner' healing is psychologically just much nicer while recovering.

@NARMAK

Edited by RTC
  • Like 1

@RTCIf you could update us later on, showing the area where extractions were done using stitches once its healed I would be forever thankfull bro. 

Need to extract thousands of them, I'm just really scared of the scarring

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Hope n reality said:

@RTC Did the doctor tell you if you fix the temples will leave any scars? and did you have any skin issues or pinky color on the temples already before extracting the unwanted grafts?

As my botched job left me with transplanted hair on my native here on the temples.

Hey man, I didn't have any issue before the second op, no pink skin or anything.

And after removing the grafts, I can safely say I have no scarring. On my right side I had some light red/brown marking for 14 or so days after removing the stitches, but that is almost completely gone now. I'm using silicone gel and I reckon by the time I finish with it that slight redness will be pretty much 100% gone.

Edited by RTC
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 month update

One month in, and my hair is looking almost exactly like it did pre-transplant, and maybe a little worse due to some shock loss. 

I look like sh*t now, I don't leave the house without a hat and am just desperate for this period to be over so I can stop hiding at home or under hats.

I have been using topical minoxidil once a day on the donor area to speed up growth of the beard grafts. Also using topical dutasteride 0.05% once a week on the crown and pretty much all the top. Taking MSM 1000mg on the advice of @MazAB, 4000IU VitD3 daily and a few other important supplements for general health.

Donor area looks ok at this length now, but there are some thin areas still, and the middle of my donor near the top looks thin for some reason.

Until the beard grafts grow in I'll reserve judgement. I like to wear my hair shorter in the donor, number one at least, and that's what was I doing before the transplant, my barber is a wizard. Just praying the beard grafts do the job.

In regards to scarring from the stitches, please have a look at the corners of hairline. No scarring or issues whatsoever. Using Kelocote gel every morning and night.

Also, a few of the 'garbage grafts' have popped up on the right side - I guess they were dormant when Dr Mwamba removed them. They are easily pluckable, maybe one day I will do electrolysis on them.

20220727_170417.thumb.jpg.4fb252a22e3f782c0b060e8eb862e762.jpg20220727_170555.thumb.jpg.0644652e3d110771e5aba9c79c7d6a0f.jpg20220727_170639.thumb.jpg.bc68ff7f616c7d33cf4b56ccf8eebb7e.jpg20220727_170734.thumb.jpg.f784afd7c51b32fb1aae347158303242.jpg20220727_170814.thumb.jpg.d4ff42a67ef69d9e1b96e030acdf20d1.jpg20220727_170922.thumb.jpg.512d9a2e50f98e3945d0fb5fbbb80d65.jpg

Edited by RTC
  • Like 6

Just now, RTC said:

Thank you sir, you were one of the ones who initially helped me when I first posted my thread 🙏

No probs, it’s why we are here 😉 I have noticed you’re now given a lot back to the community yourself 🙏

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looking really good already 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.