Dr Mwamba June 2022 - Asli Tarcan botch job repair

RTC

2 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Do you have any proof to back up this claim? In every single case I know there were literally no other patients, and still lasted for a whole day long. You even have people who blogged their experience with no other patients and still lasted whole day. This is definetely not the reason of why his surgeries last so long. This thread is starting to become scary seeing literal bold false claims.

I first read about it on another forum and then Mwamba admitted it himself on @Ajamilo’s thread (screenshot below). It might not be every day, but it’s certainly a regular thing.

C9883AC9-5BEA-4500-B9B9-0A663A19D951.jpeg

Just now, WhereIsMyMind said:

Fwiw I think people confuse a lot "survivality/poor growth" with the doctor directly not implanting enough density to begin with. Those two aspects should be closely tracked for a good assesment

Agreed, it can be the best doctor with the best tools and overall circumstances, but if the grafts are planted with far enough gaps it will eventually result to pluggy looking hair, regardless of how well planned that was. 

Some members here are genuine recent patients of the same Dr., and all seem to have similar concerns, this is why I am closely following this thread

• Like 1

Also im sorry because I can't find my sources rn, but I read some scientific studies on hair transplants on scarring. The main reason they are more problematic is because scar tissue has literally no blood flow or very severly reduced blood flow. They implanted hair grafts on scars, and noticed that blood flow started to ramp up the more hairs they implanted over time. The survivality wasn't as good as virgin scalp but still was good enough, and one of the noticed effects is that it took a lot longer to show full effects because of the time to regain blood supply to the area needed. With that in mind, we can definetely say that 6 months is way too early to have a hard conclusion on a repair case imo. 

2 minutes ago, FITA said:

I first read about it on another forum and then Mwamba admitted it himself on @Ajamilo’s thread (screenshot below). It might not be every day, but it’s certainly a regular thing.

C9883AC9-5BEA-4500-B9B9-0A663A19D951.jpeg

I can also attest that there was another patient on the 1st day of my surgery, who shared the facility and Dr. Mwamba while doing mine

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

I guess im lucky on that department then. But, the days he does this is always the first one where he implants less graft + consultation afaik (correct me if im wrong).

Exactly, it was the previous' patient final hours, and did not consume too long of Mwamba's time, maybe about 4 hours of nett operating time which is when his team prepared stuff and did extractions and implantations. 
So at least that, and not a butcher shop

2 hours ago, RTC said:

I have emailed Dr Mwamba, I don't want this to become a circus so please hold fire for the time being.

Guys, I think we should respect the OP's wishes, It's all good stuff but perhaps it needs its own thread.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NikosHair said:

Guys, I think we should respect the OP's wishes, It's all good stuff but perhaps it needs its own thread.

A bit hypocrite to say after you and the other low-post users speculating bad things or literally claiming bold lies 😅. But yes, this thread got quite intense. I'm not sure if Mwamba deserves that much controversy. I will try to update here after my HT grows in if I am in the happy club or not. Lets keep this civil.

• Face Palm 2

43 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

There was also a accusation that Mwamba struggles with Afro/Curly Hair recently (when he is known for being skilled in that department) and another accusation that there have been poor growth cases on NW3 level patients.

I think anyone here can just come here and post a thread that is saying "I hate my result from this doctor, here is a photo of my hair, my experience was terrible, the clinic was bad yadadada" and the result will be up there to have a look at for years to come as long as its not baseless without at least a photo. If it was another forum you would get censored/banned and the doctor will reply with the same answer to shut everyone up "hello X, we had a look at our database and we cannot find anyone that resembles this patient"

Don't forget that there are people on this forum who have usernames singling out clinics. RTC himself was named "Aslitarcan Sucks" (if you could even call AsliTarcan a clinic and not just a butcher shop) and THE TRUTH was named "soon butchered by HLC". And they werent censored/banned, I would say censorship happens elsewhere but not here.

Atleast on here you have a search engine where you type the Doctors name and sort by threads and you can see everything that was posted and make up your own mind that way. The good and the bad.

I was not referring to censorship. They use more subtle techniques than that before the cases even go public. You have to understand most patients will turn to their clinic first before going public which tends to be a last resort. It is just puzzling to me how people here on this forum think they know everything about this industry when in fact they do not.

• Face Palm 2

3 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

I was not referring to censorship. They use more subtle techniques than that before the cases even go public. You have to understand most patients will turn to their clinic first before going public which tends to be a last resort. It is just puzzling to me how people here on this forum think they know everything about this industry when in fact they do not.

General rule of thumb is if someone stops posting on this forum after a hair transplant it’s because they have left hair loss behind them. Unhappy people tend to complain and fight back more.

Sure what you are saying is true that they will contact clinics first, but saying posting online is a last resort? No.

No one has claimed that they know everything, in fact the only people close enough to claim that are the surgeons themselves. Who barely post here / online outside of sharing their results.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

44 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

A bit hypocrite to say after you and the other low-post users speculating bad things or literally claiming bold lies 😅. But yes, this thread got quite intense. I'm not sure if Mwamba deserves that much controversy. I will try to update here after my HT grows in if I am in the happy club or not. Lets keep this civil.

I’ve noticed this on a lot of Mwamba’s posts. There are 2-3 low post users that show up in every Mwamba post to bash him and start conspiracy theories that anyone defending him are paid shills.

• Like 3
  • Face Palm 2

• Administrators

Guys,

RTC has emailed Dr. Mwamba, this thread is being de-railed. Dr. Mwamba is one of the best in the business, he’s ethical, kind, and extremely meticulous almost to a fault. Let’s allow him the opportunity to respond, RTC doesn’t want me to reach out, so there’s nothing left to be said until we hear his response. 

• Like 6

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Tiger2050 said:

I’ve noticed this on a lot of Mwamba’s posts. There are 2-3 low post users that show up in every Mwamba post to bash him and start conspiracy theories that anyone defending him are paid shills.

If I’m one of the “low post users” you’re referring to, I was actually in contact with the OP before his transplant. Mwamba was on my shortlist. So I’m following a few Mwamba threads on here. But the terrible communication from the clinic put me off (can anyone really contest that their communication is woeful?!).

Forums need transparency. Unfortunately, we were not getting that on this forum regarding Mwamba. You’re an idiot if you still don’t think that Mustang is the paid employee Joshua Siebelink. That is hardly a conspiracy theory. And Melvin receives payment for promotion of Mwamba too, so naturally there’s going to be some bias towards him and the other clinics who pay.

I’ve just pointed out that Mwamba often performs on two patients a day. That information always seemed to be missing from this forum, so I have contributed for balance. Lots of people have seen Mustang list Mwamba in the top 10 surgeons in the world (and say Bisanga is not in the top 10). So there’s a high expectation for solid results (which we have seen on CaptainCalico’s thread).

I really hope that RTC sees further growth/density over the next few months and we all appreciate you updating us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FITA said:

I’ve just pointed out that Mwamba often performs on two patients a day. That information always seemed to be missing from this forum, so I have contributed for balance. Lots of people have seen Mustang list Mwamba in the top 10 surgeons in the world (and say Bisanga is not in the top 10). So there’s a high expectation for solid results (which we have seen on CaptainCalico’s thread).

You were not one of the users I was referencing who seem to attack Mwamba in all his posts. However, you did suggest Dr. Mwmaba is running a hair mill because he preforms on 2 patients per day which is very common among a lot of the top docs. Here are some other doctors who preform on 2+ patients per days:

- Hasson and Wong, 4 patients per day

- Couto, 2 patients per day

- Freitas, 3-4 patients per day

All of these clinics produce excellent results and are highly regarded on this forum and other places. Did you ask Mwamba how many patients he works on per day prior to the surgery? Unless you were lied to then I don’t see the issue. It’s documented Mwamba does 1-2 patients per day on this forum, usually split between a smaller surgery and a bigger one. CaptainCalico has an incredible donor and is a top 1% hair transplant result, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment if you go into surgery expecting a similar result. 

Edited by Tiger2050

47 minutes ago, FITA said:

If I’m one of the “low post users” you’re referring to, I was actually in contact with the OP before his transplant. Mwamba was on my shortlist. So I’m following a few Mwamba threads on here. But the terrible communication from the clinic put me off (can anyone really contest that their communication is woeful?!).

Forums need transparency. Unfortunately, we were not getting that on this forum regarding Mwamba. You’re an idiot if you still don’t think that Mustang is the paid employee Joshua Siebelink. That is hardly a conspiracy theory. And Melvin receives payment for promotion of Mwamba too, so naturally there’s going to be some bias towards him and the other clinics who pay.

I really hope that RTC sees further growth/density over the next few months and we all appreciate you updating us.

I dont think I have ever seen anyone not complaining about the bad communication from his clinic staff. Even people happy with results have openly said it too (including me). Despite this, people recommend him because in-person and his personal skill and ultimately results which is the only thing we care about long term

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tiger2050 said:

You were not one of the users I was referencing who seem to attack Mwamba in all his posts. However, you did suggest Dr. Mwmaba is running a hair mill because he preforms on 2 patients per day which is very common among a lot of the top docs. Here are some other doctors who preform on 2+ patients per days:

All of these clinics produce excellent results and are highly regarded on this forum and other places. Did you ask Mwamba how many patients he works on per day prior to the surgery? Unless you were lied to then I don’t see the issue. It’s documented Mwamba does 1-2 patients per day on this forum, usually split between a smaller surgery and a bigger one. CaptainCalico has an incredible donor and is a top 1% hair transplant result, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment if you go into surgery expecting a similar result. 

Nobody would be looking for problems with the length of surgery, the number of patients per day and ethical issues if Dr. Mwamba produced regular, consistent great results. There are doubts about that.

These are not just my doubts so please don't attack me.

1 hour ago, Tiger2050 said:

I did not suggest that Mwamba’s clinic is a hairmill at all. I questioned why Lorenzo’s clinic is considered a hairmill when it’s not much different to others, like Mwamba’s. Obviously De Freitas and others have even more than Mwamba. I was unaware of that too.

Please drag this into messenger, or make another thread on it. RTC requested to hold fire.

18 hours ago, RTC said:

Btw at no point was I told I have a scarred recipient, and I even asked if the hair would grow there when implanted and was given an answer in the affirmative, so I don't think we can use the scarring argument.

16 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Also im sorry because I can't find my sources rn, but I read some scientific studies on hair transplants on scarring. The main reason they are more problematic is because scar tissue has literally no blood flow or very severly reduced blood flow. They implanted hair grafts on scars, and noticed that blood flow started to ramp up the more hairs they implanted over time. The survivality wasn't as good as virgin scalp but still was good enough, and one of the noticed effects is that it took a lot longer to show full effects because of the time to regain blood supply to the area needed. With that in mind, we can definetely say that 6 months is way too early to have a hard conclusion on a repair case imo. 

Do you think there is a chance that you scarred under the skin inhibiting growth that was outside the naked eye? It’s just a interesting thought I had when reading these two comments. 

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

40 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Disregarding communication issues, a repair or second transplant is literally a given that there is at least some degree of scarring present. This is the reason Couto gives for charging more per graft if its not your first transplant (for example).

If scarring and a second operation may have been the cause of the poor growth, why didn't Dr. inform RTC of the risk before the sale? Isn't it the doctor's duty to inform the patient about the risk?

• Like 2

• Administrators

@asterix0

What does this thread have to do with RTC? If you have a question about that thread, please ask it there. Otherwise, this is de-railing this thread. 

Guys,

These conversations about other surgeons have NOTHING to do with RTC. Please stop de-railing this thread.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Edit
  • Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, Mike1J said:

Agreed, it can be the best doctor with the best tools and overall circumstances, but if the grafts are planted with far enough gaps it will eventually result to pluggy looking hair, regardless of how well planned that was. 

Some members here are genuine recent patients of the same Dr., and all seem to have similar concerns, this is why I am closely following this thread

There is one case where it seemed like this is what happened. 

RTC is being honest when he said there was a 2nd patient, he said it in his initial review when he was very optimistic about the procedure. 

RTC, I noticed you have a great beard. Perhaps donor restocking can allow to draw more from the donor? 

12 minutes ago, HairRun said:

There is one case where it seemed like this is what happened. 

RTC is being honest when he said there was a 2nd patient, he said it in his initial review when he was very optimistic about the procedure. 

RTC, I noticed you have a great beard. Perhaps donor restocking can allow to draw more from the donor? 

We will see. I still think my donor could do with more work.

I've spoken to the Doctor and will give it some more months before I come back to update this thread.

I just want to clarify that I am not accusing Dr Mwamba of botching me or anything, I am merely expressing my opinion at the progress so far.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Please drag this into messenger, or make another thread on it. RTC requested to hold fire.

Do you think there is a chance that you scarred under the skin inhibiting growth that was outside the naked eye? It’s just a interesting thought I had when reading these two comments. 

I am not sure to be honest. Only God knows if Tarcan left lasting damage or what.

8 hours ago, Matt3210 said:

Nobody would be looking for problems with the length of surgery, the number of patients per day and ethical issues if Dr. Mwamba produced regular, consistent great results. There are doubts about that.

These are not just my doubts so please don't attack me.

I don’t want to keep derailing RTC’s thread but the majority of your post history is bashing Mwamba and calling anyone who says something positive about him an imposter paid by the clinic. Seems like you’re actively showing up to threads looking for problems. Here’s a recent comment you posted suggesting another conspiracy that multiple Mwamba patients with a good experience are the same person lol.

Do you think so too, that HappyMan2021, WhereIsMyMind, and mustang are the same person?

Edited by Tiger2050
  • Like 1
  • Well Done 1