Starting The Hair Restoration Network Podcast *NEED YOUR INPUT

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Bumping this for additional input from the community. Who would you like to see as the first guest?

Everybody seems to see Turkey as the go to place for hair transplants yet its hair mill central. I would actually love to see Dr Bicer make an appearance if possible and just kind of go through how they try to differentiate and educate people away from those unscrupulous places. 

I would also love to see a few guys from the forum like Karl (Zoomster), Adrian (Gatsby), Armen (Maz) & even you just sharing your journeys and being part of this community. The lessons you learned. How you think things have changed over time and if you had a do over but right now what you'd do differently. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Bumping this for additional input from the community. Who would you like to see as the first guest?

Perhaps a roundtable of three or four top docs that we are familiar with talking about the state of the industry, where its going, answering q's from members?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I would actually love to see Dr Bicer

Absolutely. Dr. Mwamba, Drs. Bansal and Sethi, Drs. Hasson and Wong - I feel bad for not mentioning other docs because they are some fantastic ones on here who we are familiar with....

Tho I think its best to keep a panel to 3 because it any more would reduce talk time for each doctor. But since it's an ongoing effort, there is always an opportunity to get most of them on.

Edited by kirkland
  • Like 2

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, JC71 said:

I can definitely make this happen, I think many in our community our interested in his approach. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Everybody seems to see Turkey as the go to place for hair transplants yet its hair mill central. I would actually love to see Dr Bicer make an appearance if possible and just kind of go through how they try to differentiate and educate people away from those unscrupulous places. 

I would also love to see a few guys from the forum like Karl (Zoomster), Adrian (Gatsby), Armen (Maz) & even you just sharing your journeys and being part of this community. The lessons you learned. How you think things have changed over time and if you had a do over but right now what you'd do differently. 

I definitely plan on @Zoomster @kirkland @MazAB @Gatsby becoming regular contributors to the podcast. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, kirkland said:

Absolutely. Dr. Mwamba, Drs. Bansal and Sethi, Drs. Hasson and Wong - I feel bad for not mentioning other docs because they are some fantastic ones on here who we are familiar with....

Tho I think its best to keep a panel to 3 because it any more would reduce talk time for each doctor. But since it's an ongoing effort, there is always an opportunity to get most of them on.

That's an interesting proposition a panel of physicians sounds like an excellent idea. How many times have you been able to get the world's best surgeons in one place answering questions. I don't think it's ever been done. Will definitely plan on doing this. 

• Like 1

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I definitely plan on @Zoomster @kirkland @MazAB @Gatsby becoming regular contributors to the podcast.

Thanks. Would be an honour and pleasure to take part. But would also love to see/hear from some other big contributors as well as vets on here: @gillenator

@JC71 @SLA   @Ryan Daniel

I know not everyone is into doing this kind of stuff for personal/social/work reasons. Don't think it would be mandatory to be on camera. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kirkland said:

Thanks. Would be an honour and pleasure to take part. But would also love to see/hear from some other big contributors as well as vets on here: @gillenator

@JC71 @SLA   @Ryan Daniel

I know not everyone is into doing this kind of stuff for personal/social/work reasons. Don't think it would be mandatory to be on camera. 

Thanks 🙏 appreciate it. 

• Like 2

Just now, SadMan2021 said:

Did @Ryan Daniel used to go by a different name? I don't see how 78 posts (no topics mind you) is a big contribution. 

I am definitely biased because I just happen to notice his responses. I'm certainly not a good source for who would be excellent forum contributors on the podcast - will leave that for a broader consensus.

• Like 1

• Administrators

To be honest, I would love to have anyone who's willing to join the podcast, every person here as a backstory that may help others out there. If you think about the thousands of men going to hair mills each year and getting destroyed, working together we can save a lot of scalps.

• Like 2

View my thread

1 minute ago, kirkland said:

I am definitely biased because I just happen to notice his responses. I'm certainly not a good source for who would be excellent forum contributors on the podcast - will leave that for a broader consensus.

gotcha, was just curious about that lol

didn't read past the 4th or 5th post but @Melvin- Moderatori think this is a great idea, and i think maybe you should start with one of the members here that you've spoken to regularly via dm or on posts and just have them talk about their journey, if not the 1st definitely in the first 3 episodes. my 2 cents. either way its a the podcast is a a good idea , go for it regardless 

• Like 3

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

didn't read past the 4th or 5th post but @Melvin- Moderatori think this is a great idea, and i think maybe you should start with one of the members here that you've spoken to regularly via dm or on posts and just have them talk about their journey, if not the 1st definitely in the first 3 episodes. my 2 cents. either way its a the podcast is a a good idea , go for it regardless 

I think @Gatsby has got an incredible story, from being butchered in the 80s in his 20s, to living under a hair piece, to now coming full circle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think @Gatsby has got an incredible story, from being butchered in the 80s in his 20s, to living under a hair piece, to now coming full circle.

this is for sure one that we would all appreciate it and also help out future members, you got my vote on this one haha make it happen

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

A two part series, first a patient then a doctor.  Almost as if a consultation was going to take place.

• Like 2

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Totally supportive of the format you're looking at. If it is a audio format, perhaps put some extra attention to describe how far up hair has receded or thinned, as the audience wouldn't have a reference for that.

Some topics that could probably be their own theme:

1. Am I balding? 

I saw a few kids, some were teenagers here asking if their crown was thinning when it was just matted and exposed. Perhaps advising audience to look at family history. Older people tend to be more open about hair loss, and maybe encourage the listener to have a discussion with their parent/grandparents about their experience with hair loss. 

That and maybe ask their parents of their opinion. I noted a bunch of old timers were scared off of the idea of HT, since they only saw bad plug outcomes, and whatever trump had. That could be a transition to "next week's episode" thing to continue a conversation of a deep dive of another topic.

2. If my family history shows loss, what should I do - I like my hair how it is?

I was initially of the mindset that I had to lose all my hair, and get a HT in my 40s and 50s. This forum helped me understand the potential actions, risks and all that. I didn't know about fin, perhaps if I got on it sooner, I'd have delayed a HT. I still prefer my post HT hairline enormously more, but, meds have kept the hairlines of a couple of friends of mine and they are mid 30s going strong with their hairlines.

3. Same, but I don't like my hair how it is.

Go options, derma rolling and HT and meds to keep. This should explain that you can't just miracle gro your hair back, but there are options of limited success outside of HTs. Perhaps option to shave hair and tattoo some filler to have a shaved hair look that doesn't appear slick and shiny. 

4. HTs, possible outcomes, times when HT should be considered. 

HTs need like 3-4 distinct episodes to cover everything. One for "what to look for in a surgeon". One on realistic outcomes and the need to seriously reflect on the total pool of hair available to transfer vs desired outcome of HT in the present. Another is costs: cost for follicle and the methods, and then to compare costs from around the world, with a potential example of costs for similar procedures which guesstimate travel expenses. Lastly, perhaps a discussion on "hiding/living" immediately following a HT. I wore a hat everywhere, but a realistic conversation about it. Some celebrities "vacation" for a few months and come back with fabulous hair. It's an ugly duckling phase and listeners should be aware.

Obviously I don't know the reach of the potential show, but more discussion never hurts. A bonus one would be to get a general practitioner onboard to describe how an audience member can breach the conversation to get fin. I had a bit of an awkward time, and I had to buy pills from India. I eventually went to my doc and explained. I ended up getting a prescription for "prostatic hyperplasia" as there wasn't a way to just get 1mg for preventative hair loss. I cut those 5mg pills into 1/4s, and it works for me. Scrip is covered by insurance, and I don't have to do that keeps or hims stuff to get it. 

Just my 2 cents. This community has helped me greatly, and I appreciate it.

• Like 4

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide