Starting The Hair Restoration Network Podcast *NEED YOUR INPUT

• Administrators

Alright guys,

The time has come for our community to venture out into the podcast world. To my knowledge, there isn't any podcasts dedicated to hair loss and hair restoration. The bald truth is a radio show, so it does not count as a podcast. I plan on having the podcast interactive with the community. I plan on having our recommended surgeons and maybe some not recommended join the podcast and answer some video questions. 

I have spoken with a few forum members including @MazAB@Gatsby @kirkland @Dr. Suhail Khokhar about joining as guests. I have few awesome guests in mind. I would love for the community to get behind this idea and together we make this something that is really helpful to the average person. What do you guys think? I'm sure I can get some amazing guests and experts. 

• Like 10

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would allow any hair transplant performing doctor on the podcast. Hopefully the podcast will be objective and critical enough that bad information and advice will be questioned. And doctors should be prevented from self-promotion. 

This will allow listeners to see the difference between a recommended and non-recommended doctor. And it will give ambitious, up-and-coming but non-recommended doctors an opportunity to step up and showcase their knowledge. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 1

• Administrators

If we have physicians on, it will not be to promote their practice or clinic. It would be to answer questions from hair loss sufferers. The obvious difficulty with getting non-recommended surgeons on the podcast is there is no relationship. But there are some doctors that aren't recommended that I have a good relationship with that would participate. But most importantly I want to know from the community whether they would be willing to participate. I want this to be a community podcast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I think the idea of having hair transplant doctors of good repute on to answer fact based Q&As is a good idea. Like you said, you're not there to try promote etc. but to educate and ensure the right sort of information is out there. 

I think another great part to discuss would be hair restoration and busting the common concerns around medication and what options people should use. 

I know you said that The Bald Truth is a Radio Show and you want to make it a podcast, so what distribution method are you thinking of? 

I think having patients on as well discussing about their experiences and also those who maybe have had poor experiences through inexperience and then having been through a repair would be eye opening for people to hear from. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I think the idea of having hair transplant doctors of good repute on to answer fact based Q&As is a good idea. Like you said, you're not there to try promote etc. but to educate and ensure the right sort of information is out there. 

I think another great part to discuss would be hair restoration and busting the common concerns around medication and what options people should use. 

I know you said that The Bald Truth is a Radio Show and you want to make it a podcast, so what distribution method are you thinking of? 

I think having patients on as well discussing about their experiences and also those who maybe have had poor experiences through inexperience and then having been through a repair would be eye opening for people to hear from. 

I would want to have it on Apple, Spotify, and all of the platforms that support podcasts. I would upload it also to YouTube so I can post it here and embed it automatically to a post. I would also like to speak to guests who have a different wheel house, for example, maybe I could get one of these companies that are trying to clone hair on, Stemson Therapeutics is one. There are a few others. 

View my thread

This is a great educational endeavor and can be cross posted on other communities such as Reddit to drive more traffic. How often are you thinking of doing this? 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

This is a great educational endeavor and can be cross posted on other communities such as Reddit to drive more traffic. How often are you thinking of doing this? 

Every week, my hope is that each week we could feature a surgeon or forum member. We could even review hair transplants, and answer post-op questions, I mean sky is the limit. My goal is for the podcast to be the ultimate educational content. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

Totally agree @Melvin- Moderator, podcasts are virtually non existant in the hair transplant community. This would be the first of it's kind and provide a wealth of knowledge coming from some of the most  respected HT doctors and enthusiasts from around the world. Having been on other forums, reddit, Facebook, and others, nothing in my opinion holds a candle up to the knowledgeable members of this community.

Looking forward to this in a very big way.😁 A complete and total slam dunk in my opinion👍!!!

• Like 5

• Valued Contributor

This is an excellent idea Melvin and I would wholeheartedly enjoy supporting this and being part of it. From an educational point of view their is really only the Bald Truth, and this community who are offering independent information or information that shows any disclaimers. I feel this is the best hair loss forum going. I would love to see us being able to offer educational information that covers as many topics as possible that is independent of marketing.

There are so many YouTubers who have made a living out of having one or two hair transplants and then start a YouTube channel (with no qualifications or real world life experience) for the sole aim of just making money from clinics and product kick backs and grabbing material off the internet and packaging it to young, vulnerable guys who subscribe. One of these 'influencers' was offering a prize of a free 'Turkish hair transplant FFS!' Matt Dominance is a perfect example of the people I am referring to (apologies if I have stepped on anyone's toes). It would also be great to be able to educate surgeons out there to get a better understanding of what a patient goes through and how best to meet their needs. For example off the top of my head I really think surgeons need to be screening for things like body dysmorphic disorder, etc.

• Like 6

Fantastic idea! Opens this community up to a wider audience. The future for hairloss sufferers is so much brighter these days - HT innovations, topical formulations like fin/dut and CB, hair cloning...lots of stuff to be excited about. You won't have a problem finding topics for the podcast. Good stuff, Melvin!

• Like 4

• Administrators

Thanks for the support guys, you will all be instrumental in the success of the podcast. Now for the name 🤔 I was thinking of “defeat the Norwood reaper” podcast, or “Hair Transplant Network” podcast. Something that anyone would know is about hair loss. Restore hair podcast? That’s still a work in progress 😅

• Like 2

View my thread

Seems like a great idea, would be very cool if this happens.

Could be a good idea to get in touch with the guy who runs the folliclethought site - he has interviewed the guy who runs Stemson and some of the other players in the pipeline and posted articles on his site. He'd probably be a cool guest regardless as he is deep into the research side of things, but he seems to have a lot of contact with these companies and maybe he could advise on the best way to get in touch with them or provide some details to do so etc. Just a thought.

• Like 5

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JDEE0 said:

Seems like a great idea, would be very cool if this happens.

Could be a good idea to get in touch with the guy who runs the folliclethought site - he has interviewed the guy who runs Stemson and some of the other players in the pipeline and posted articles on his site. He'd probably be a cool guest regardless as he is deep into the research side of things, but he seems to have a lot of contact with these companies and maybe he could advise on the best way to get in touch with them or provide some details to do so etc. Just a thought.

Funny you say that, I spoke to him yesterday for over an hour. Very good guy. Hopefully he joins as a guest.

• Like 3

View my thread

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Alright guys,

The time has come for our community to venture out into the podcast world. To my knowledge, there isn't any podcasts dedicated to hair loss and hair restoration. The bald truth is a radio show, so it does not count as a podcast. I plan on having the podcast interactive with the community. I plan on having our recommended surgeons and maybe some not recommended join the podcast and answer some video questions. 

I have spoken with a few forum members including @MazAB@Gatsby @kirkland @Dr. Suhail Khokhar about joining as guests. I have few awesome guests in mind. I would love for the community to get behind this idea and together we make this something that is really helpful to the average person. What do you guys think? I'm sure I can get some amazing guests and experts. 

Awesome idea!

• Like 2

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

19 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Thanks for the support guys, you will all be instrumental in the success of the podcast. Now for the name 🤔 I was thinking of “defeat the Norwood reaper” podcast, or “Hair Transplant Network” podcast. Something that anyone would know is about hair loss. Restore hair podcast? That’s still a work in progress 😅

How about "Worried about hair loss? You've come to the right place."

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

How about "Worried about hair loss? You've come to the right place."

A little too long, but I like where you're thinking, maybe "Hair Loss Solutions" Podcast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

View my thread

19 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

A little too long, but I like where you're thinking, maybe "Hair Loss Solutions" Podcast. 

How about 'Hair Restoration Solutions' or even 'Hair Restoration Community Podcast' to tie the podcast name to this community?

Edited by kirkland
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Sounds like a JML commercial. 

Maybe "Hair loss options" might be better.  The idea of iPod, iPad came to mind but not sure how to incorporate it into the name.  iRemedies too antiquated and not hair related.   JML? Not sure who those guys are.

4 hours ago, kirkland said:

How about 'Hair Restoration Solutions' or even 'Hair Restoration Community Podcast' to tie the podcast name to this community?

'Hair Restoration Community Podcast' - Love it!!!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the name that is chosen should ultimately reflect the fact that this site isn't just about hair transplants and the podcast isn't either. 

It should promote restorative treatments as a first step. Especially when a LOT of guys looking for help start off in their late teens, early 20s and are in desperate need of the right information. Stuff that cuts through the BS with facts and urges them not to jump feet first into a hair transplant. 

Even nickname it like the HRN Podcast to abbreviate the website this is part of. 

Hell, i don't know how you all feel on it. But i would say my name suggestion is also:

Follicle Facts Podcast. 

Either way, the content imo has to hit the right marks. Cutting through the BS to the truth. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Bumping this for additional input from the community. Who would you like to see as the first guest?

View my thread