Best HAIRLINE restoration FUE surgeons

Apologies if this has been answered in previous posts — but looking into an FUE procedure to address corner recession and add density / restore hairline. Based on consultations thus far, looking like 2500-2800 grafts…  want to know who is the best surgeon for an FUE approach to rebuild dense hairline. 

my list so far — and would love thoughts on each:

BRUNO FERREIRA - Portugal surgeon (does entire procedure himself including extraction, incision and implants)

BRUNO PINTO - CLINICA Oporto 

RAFAEL DE FREITAS - Valencia (online results astounding - hard to secure appointment)

Dr John Diep (SAN FRAN FUE surgeon, incredible results on YouTube — but I hear he doesn’t do the implants - his assistants implant the grafts)  is this an issue?

Dr bisanga (Belgium)- I hear he’s amazing — but would like more info on why  

Dr Ferudini, (Belgium) FUE, great attention to patients - how are his hairlines?

Carlos Wesley (NYC) - hard to book appointments // how are his hairlines?

Glenn Charles (boca raton) - thoughts?

Harald Eberson (netherlands) - really like the idea of doing surgery in Netherlands. Hear great things about this doctor but limited before and after images  

Dr Ahmed Abunib FUEGenix (Netherlands) - does entire procedure himself including implanting grafts. 

My point of view focusing on the one I see different and then ones which were not mentioned:

Freitas does not belong on this list IMO as he does not use micro irregularities.

Diep is even worse in this regard.

H&W belong on the list from my point of view. 

Couto would be added by many.

Konior from craftsmanship point of view is the best IMO.

Heitmann is worth mentioning as he uses a similar approach as Konior. 

And some would say Keser even if he is polarizing. 

From the Belgiums Feriduni and then Bisanga for me for hairlines but maybe I am biased. 

• Like 1

While I think DeFreitas does great hairlines, I also feel they are a little bit aggressive or unique in the sense that not every patient might be 100% happy with that particular hairline on their head. I prefer more conservative style hairlines that Ferreira and Wesley produce.

@Gasthoerer That's an interesting observation about Dr. DeFreitas and Dr. Diep. I've been particularly impressed with De Freitas' work, but when I went back and looked at some of his fresh surgical photos, it was really obvious that DeFreitas was implanting in symmetrical rows. Why is he using this technique? Does it increase density? The end results look stellar, but would they not hold up with shorter length hair because of the row implantation?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Freitas does not belong on this list IMO as he does not use micro irregularities.

Diep is even worse in this regard.

I agree - Whilst De Freitas often showcases impressive results, its often the yield that is the 'wow factor' that jumps out at people. I have noticed on a few of his clinic posted results, unnatural looking hairlines, despite impressive growth. That said, I love the job he did on @BjornBorg

Diep for me, has a lot of very unaesthetic hairline results - however weirdly, there are some great ones from him. The famous case of the NW5 asian guy is one of the best results on the net. 

Hairlines are ultimately subjective - and certain surgeons work better with certain hair types. I would advise OP to study patient posted cases from patients with a similar loss pattern, and hair type to his own. 

Dr Hasson's hairline restoration on @Aftermath is a forum favourite. 

Another personal favourite was Dr Koniors aggressive restoration on the ginger guy, who had great density, and minor loss. Maybe someone could share the link on this case? 

• Like 2

• Administrators

You have some good names, definitely worth consulting with many. Feel free to look at out recommendations 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:10 PM, SD1984 said:

While I think DeFreitas does great hairlines, I also feel they are a little bit aggressive or unique in the sense that not every patient might be 100% happy with that particular hairline on their head. I prefer more conservative style hairlines that Ferreira and Wesley produce.

I think most doctors are willing to discuss a hairline with you. It's not like Dr. De Freitas tells you to go NW1 or go home

Keep in mind hairline design varies significantly between surgeons Everyone has their personal favorites but you need to spend time on the forums comparing designs, particularly for cases that seem similar to where you're at currently and where you want to end up. 

• 5 months later...
On 1/7/2022 at 9:31 AM, LuisAlejandro1 said:

Apologies if this has been answered in previous posts — but looking into an FUE procedure to address corner recession and add density / restore hairline. Based on consultations thus far, looking like 2500-2800 grafts…  want to know who is the best surgeon for an FUE approach to rebuild dense hairline. 

my list so far — and would love thoughts on each:

BRUNO FERREIRA - Portugal surgeon (does entire procedure himself including extraction, incision and implants)

BRUNO PINTO - CLINICA Oporto 

RAFAEL DE FREITAS - Valencia (online results astounding - hard to secure appointment)

Dr John Diep (SAN FRAN FUE surgeon, incredible results on YouTube — but I hear he doesn’t do the implants - his assistants implant the grafts)  is this an issue?

Dr bisanga (Belgium)- I hear he’s amazing — but would like more info on why  

Dr Ferudini, (Belgium) FUE, great attention to patients - how are his hairlines?

Carlos Wesley (NYC) - hard to book appointments // how are his hairlines?

Glenn Charles (boca raton) - thoughts?

Harald Eberson (netherlands) - really like the idea of doing surgery in Netherlands. Hear great things about this doctor but limited before and after images  

Dr Ahmed Abunib FUEGenix (Netherlands) - does entire procedure himself including implanting grafts. 

Have you decided on one yet?