Very High Density forehead reduction (3361 grafts)

Fue3361

3 hours ago, FixMyHair213 said:

I'm usually not a big fan of dense hair transplants

But you’re a fan of the transparent lacking in density ones ? Strange comment. 

Hair transplants that match native density as closely as possible are as natural looking as you can get - given the hairline design is sound, the angles are correct and the appropriately textured hairs are used. 

For any form of hairline lowering and temple point work - unless you go dense, it’s not worth doing. Thicker haired candidates may get away with slightly lower implanted density - but due to the singles and softer hairs required in these areas, a higher density count should always be planned for with these types of interventions. 

I think it depends from person to person, some older guys (35+) with out any work done actually have sparse hairlines and even slight gaps, but that is probably natural hair loss , so I think a dr who does great hairlines should also try to do natural looking temples if that is something the patient wants. 

6 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

I think it depends from person to person, some older guys (35+) with out any work done actually have sparse hairlines and even slight gaps, but that is probably natural hair loss , so I think a dr who does great hairlines should also try to do natural looking temples if that is something the patient wants. 

Look at the OP’s pre op hairline and temple point design. Why an earth would it make sense to add gaps and sparsity to an aggressive and juvenile shaped design - safely assuming that candidates seeking this type of design are seeking a youthful appearance, as opposed to looking 35+ with ‘natural hair loss’. 

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Look at the OP’s pre op hairline and temple point design. Why an earth would it make sense to add gaps and sparsity to an aggressive and juvenile shaped design - safely assuming that candidates seeking this type of design are seeking a youthful appearance, as opposed to looking 35+ with ‘natural hair loss’. 

sit down dude why you are attacking ? don't even know what youre talking about lol....ops plan was amazing i am simply agreeing to the post above mine which is by you lol but carry on good sir.

Big gaps?  IDK about that, but if you look at the red arrows, micro irregularities in density like this I believe are very important for a natural result:

540CAAAD-9B68-4F1B-8BE6-C19137601590.thumb.jpeg.22bfccc269ebccf4ec272c572109a4b6.jpeg

Edited by Fue3361
  • Like 3

Check out my journey here:

37 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

Big gaps?  IDK about that, but if you look at the red arrows, micro irregularities in density like this I believe are very important for a natural result:

nobody is saying you have big gaps bro lol relax you have a very good result, as far as the micro irregularities you are pointing at in the red arrows those are fine, but me personally what I am saying is that those micro irregularities look better on the hairline since it will give a natural aging effect, thats all- but to each their own, you're result is magnificent. 

1 minute ago, Gokuhairline said:

nobody is saying you have big gaps bro lol relax you have a very good result, as far as the micro irregularities you are pointing at in the red arrows those are fine, but me personally what I am saying is that those micro irregularities look better on the hairline since it will give a natural aging effect, thats all- but to each their own, you're result is magnificent. 

I didn’t think anyone was saying that haha.  I was replying to the gap comments in general that were being discussed.  And thanks man.

• Like 1

I agree that micro irregularities are pretty much necessary for a result to look natural in the vast majority of cases.  Otherwise you end up looking weird.  In this case, even the hairline has irregularities.  Yes, it's "straight," but if you look at it closely, it has a very minor zig-zag design.

Edited by John1991

6 hours ago, Curious25 said:

But you’re a fan of the transparent lacking in density ones ? Strange comment. 

Hair transplants that match native density as closely as possible are as natural looking as you can get - given the hairline design is sound, the angles are correct and the appropriately textured hairs are used. 

For any form of hairline lowering and temple point work - unless you go dense, it’s not worth doing. Thicker haired candidates may get away with slightly lower implanted density - but due to the singles and softer hairs required in these areas, a higher density count should always be planned for with these types of interventions. 

nope, you have misinterpreted what I meant. I am usually in favour of less dense hair transplants because I've got progressive hair loss and even though it has stabilised there's chance it will go further back given the fact that I was already an NW3 at aged 21. This transplant has around 80 grafts per cm2. he used 3300 grafts to do this whole procedure. That's a large chunk of grafts gone for a small portion of the hairline. I am more in favour of something like 50-55 grafts per cm2 being used so that you still get a full head of hair that looks good but has saved grafts for further hair loss. op had no further balding and a matured hairline, in this case he got what he wanted which was to lower the hairline and it to be dense. his transplant looks good and most people will not know something was done. 

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

540CAAAD-9B68-4F1B-8BE6-C19137601590.thumb.jpeg.22bfccc269ebccf4ec272c572109a4b6.jpeg

Absolutely. Anything 'perfect' will draw the eye.

• Like 1

Might I add…wow! And also how? Lol insane results. Now you say you have had the same hairline for like 30+ years which first off kudos but how do you know you won’t bald or thin some? Like genetics point to no or you are on meds? I say that because my grandpa had a similar hairline to the one you have after Ht(NW0) all his life but at 70 it did recess some. Just curious. 

20 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

I tried to convince my surgeon that gaps and irregularities make a natural result instead they gave me a 90s style plant

• Administrators

This is a homerun no matter how you look at it. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, John1991 said:

More irregularities that make it look natural.  It may only be minor "zig-zagging", but if it were a straight line it wouldn't look quite as natural IMO.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 6.49.32 PM.png

True! I also believe that a complete straight line would be really unnatural on a hairline. 
Great result!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been letting it grow out longer to see how it looks, and the density really has filled in well, with hair texture blending in much better than before.

Here is a 15 month update, no product, just dry hair:

2CB4393F-E3BB-4096-ADBD-158F9FC171C1.thumb.jpeg.9bc8eb3a88d8cae53bad2f2e9a435646.jpeg

I don’t know if I should add another update every 3-6 months now, or is it pointless?

Edited by Fue3361
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 1

On 9/14/2021 at 5:54 AM, Curious25 said:

Wow . . I've not came across any internationally accredited surgeons who are able to perform  75/80FUcm2 transplant in one pass - in fact, in Dr Konior's most recent interview with Melvin, he jokes that he would like to meet someone capable of this feat, as it is still unable to have been successfully performed as far as he was aware. 

Your post ops look good, the work looks clean, and I like the design. If those numbers of density really have been transplanted, I hope as much as possible survives. Your native hair looks to be very dense, hence the requirement for a higher density required in your new hairline design. 

Good luck 

Why are most surgeons not able to implant 75/80 per session?