Dr. Bruno Ferreira | FUE 3653 grafts | 01/04/2021

TGR46

Hi guys,

I did my hair transplant 3 months ago and decided to come here to share my experience with Dr. Bruno Ferreira and show you my results since the surgery.

Since 2015 that I started to become more bald year after year and the idea to do a hair transplant started to grow more and more in my head. In 2020 my brother decided to do a hair transplant with Dr Bruno Ferreira and that was the trigger for me to do it too. We decided to do two surgeries. I did this first surgery (April 2021) in two days, totaling 3.653 grafts, with 2.55 ratio between hairs/grafts.

For me was an easy choice to do it with Dr. Bruno for a couple of reasons. My brother did his hair transplant with him a year before me and this allowed me to follow step by step his process and his recovery since day one, and I got to say that right after his first surgery (he did two) I could understand why Dr. Bruno Ferreira was the right fit for me, as I explain below:

• One important aspect for me was the guarantee that the surgeon was responsible for the two phases of the surgery (extraction and implantation), instead of an assistant/nurse. And Dr. Bruno does exactly that. He is present and executes all the way through, from the beginning til the end of the surgery;
  • The hair line for me had to be the most natural as possible and for me this is another key factor that makes Dr. Bruno unique. His aesthetic sense is out of this world and I think it's a detail that separates a great hair transplant result from other not so great. He probably spent 20-30 minutes drawing in my head before the surgery so that everything was perfectly balanced and this is probably the main compliment that people gave me until now, about my transplant. We decided not to bring the line too much down because I wanted to balance a good frontline coverage (first surgery) with the rest of my crown (second surgery). I have to say, I'm very pleased with the results;
  • The surgery is painless and Dr. Bruno and his team have a special attention to it. I remember that one of the first things Ricardo (Dr. Bruno's nurse) told me right after my arrival to the clinic, was that the objective of the surgery wasn't to hurt the patient in any circumstances and if I feel anything during the surgery, I should warn them right away. Dr. Bruno's way of giving the anesthesia is almost pain free, I just felt the first needlesticks. Every time I felt anything during the extraction or implantation, I warned him, and he gave me more anesthesia right away;
  • Another thing that came as a surprise was the environment created by Dr. Bruno and his team during the surgery. From the music that was playing, to the funny jokes between them, a feeling of relaxation and calmness was created in the room which allowed me to be very relaxed and even fell asleep during the surgery;
  • During this process I always felt accompanied by Dr. Bruno and his team. One unique feature he makes available for his patients is the possibility to talk with him and send him pictures via WhatsApp and he always tries to answer you on that same day. This is very useful because after the surgery, during the first months, you have a lot of questions and doubts, and this proximity permits that he can control the process of the air fall during the first and the second month;
  • Finally, the post-op and recovery. The first two nights were strange, because you are always sleeping worried about your head and trying not to move too much. But I got to say that I was expecting a worst recovery. I didn't feel any pain, my face and forehead didn't swell and I personally didn't feel to much itch during these months. Besides this, as you can see in the pictures, Dr. Bruno's technique is so advanced that he leaves your head "very clean" after two days of surgery. Not only the implanted area, but also the donor area which was a big surprise for me. Finally, you leave the clinic with everything you need for the first crucial 15 days: they gave me shampoo, aloe vera, all kinds of products that you'll need for the first two weeks.

Below you can see my results of the first two and a half months. Right now the transplanted hair is still growing. If you have any question don't hesitate and talk to me.

DSCF0325.jpg

DSCF0327.jpg

DSCF0328.jpg

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

DSCF0337.jpg

DSCF0338.jpg

DSCF0339.jpg

DSCF0341.jpg

DSCF0342.jpg

DSCF0361.jpg

DSCF0362.jpg

DSCF0363.jpg

DSCF0364.jpg

DSCF0365.jpg

DSCF0366.jpg

DSCF0368.jpg

DSCF0369.jpg

DSCF0371.jpg

DSCF0372.jpg

DSCF0373.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

DSCF0379.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

DSCF0420.jpg

DSCF0422.jpg

DSCF0423.jpg

DSCF0425.jpg

DSCF0427.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0431.jpg

DSCF0433.jpg

DSCF0434.jpg

DSCF0435.jpg

DSCF0438.jpg

DSCF0439.jpg

DSCF0436.jpg

IMG_20210410_112322.jpg

IMG_20210410_112339.jpg

IMG_20210410_112407.jpg

IMG_20210410_155522.jpg

IMG_20210410_155541.jpg

IMG_20210410_155549.jpg

IMG_20210426_132429.jpg

IMG_20210426_132702.jpg

IMG_20210618_135655.jpg

IMG_20210618_135717.jpg

IMG_20210618_135727.jpg

IMG_20210618_135734.jpg

IMG_20210618_135744_1.jpg

• Like 5

Love his work. This is super refined and looks excellent. Thank you for the very detailed write up and the superb pics of your journey so far.

This is one to follow for sure. Your donor area looks above average to me, how many grafts did they think you have in total? Thanks 🙏 

Wow, fantastic refined work. Those post op shots are just incredible, no wonder he's a bit higher for graft cost. I hope you're on fin! You've got a lot of space left to fill, but with an ace doctor like that and a healthy donor I bet you could restore your head almost completely. Brilliant work.

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

Greatest donor of all time? Lol

Work looks great. Excited for your results.

Seems like a high number of grafts for the area implanted, but I guess he/you wanted to go for the most dense result possible given the density of the rest of your hair (back and sides)

• Valued Contributor

Work looks really good. Will be keenly following your progress. I'm sure across the two surgeries you'll get a knock-out result! Ferreira is a very excellent choice.

I have one question though... Why hadn't you been buzzing your hair down prior to surgery? The buzzed down look suits you, makes you look younger than the nutty professor look and you didn't have much up top left to work with!

54 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Work looks really good. Will be keenly following your progress. I'm sure across the two surgeries you'll get a knock-out result! Ferreira is a very excellent choice.

I have one question though... Why hadn't you been buzzing your hair down prior to surgery? The buzzed down look suits you, makes you look younger than the nutty professor look and you didn't have much up top left to work with!

I don't let my hair grow as much as I did before the surgery. I did it because Dr. Bruno likes to have it as big as possible. I think he likes this so that he can understand how the hair grows and fits your head, so he can draw everything in the most natural way. In the pictures the hair is pulled back on purpose so we can see all of the bald area. It was done on purpose. The objective of those shots and that combed are not to make you pretty, but to emphasize the baldness.

It's true, I'm way better with my head shaved than I was after the surgery. The thing is, I was always afraid of shaving my head because I always felt that my head was too big and that it wasn't going to be a good result. But I was wrong my whole life. I really like the shaved look and it will become even better after the second surgery.

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
16 minutes ago, TGR46 said:

I don't let my hair grow as much as I did before the surgery. I did it because Dr. Bruno likes to have it as big as possible. I think he likes this so that he can understand how the hair grows and fits your head, so he can draw everything in the most natural way. In the pictures the hair is pulled back on purpose so we can see all of the bald area. It was done on purpose. The objective of those shots and that combed are not to make you pretty, but to emphasize the baldness.

It's true, I'm way better with my head shaved than I was after the surgery. The thing is, I was always afraid of shaving my head because I always felt that my head was too big and that it wasn't going to be a good result. But I was wrong my whole life. I really like the shaved look and it will become even better after the second surgery.

Thanks. I know most surgeons like a patient to grow their hair out a bit so that they can get a better appreciation of the patient's hair, and it sounds like Dr Bruno is very thorough in this regard, which is excellent.

I buzz my hair down and like you, always used to worry "is my head too big!?". I think everyone thinks this - a totally natural concern. 

You'll look pretty badass with a two or three grade once you've had your crown done as well, if you decide to keep it short from time to time. Can't wait to see how your hair looks in a few months time - excited for you!

All the best :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Love his work. This is super refined and looks excellent. Thank you for the very detailed write up and the superb pics of your journey so far.

This is one to follow for sure. Your donor area looks above average to me, how many grafts did they think you have in total? Thanks 🙏 

We estimate a total around 8000 grafts

• Like 1

Looking great so far!

how long did it take for Dr Ferreira to get back to you after you sent your initial images?

I’ve been waiting ages and still no response…

Edited by Min12

5 minutes ago, Min12 said:

Looking great so far!

how long did it take for Dr Ferreira to get back to you after you sent your initial images?

I’ve been waiting ages and still no response…

From what I've heard he can take months to get back due to very high influx of consult requests. Great up and coming doctor though imo so worth the wait.

4 hours ago, SD1984 said:

From what I've heard he can take months to get back due to very high influx of consult requests. Great up and coming doctor though imo so worth the wait.

I had an appointment with him at the clinic, but this was a year and a half ago. Right now he's probably with more and more patients, but like you said, it's still worth the wait. Try again to get in touch with him.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:50 AM, shadowcast said:

@TGR46 Looks great, good luck with everything. How long did you have to wait from initial contact to surgery?

I'm not the best person to give you feedback about this manner because my case was different. I had the first meeting with him and after that I waited a little bit to schedule my transplant, because I wanted to do it in the winter.

What happened was that by the time I wanted to schedule it he was already with the next 3, 4 or more months completely full. I was about to give up and schedule it for this next winter, but I got lucky. I told Dr Bruno to contact me if there was some last minute cancelation from any patient, and that was what really happened. So on April I did my transplant. 

What I can say is that Dr Bruno has gain more and more notoriety around the world and from now on it's going to be harder and harder to schedule with him, which is a proof of his amazing work. I remember that right after my first surgery I scheduled my second one to this November (2021) and I got the impression that he already had patients for those months at the end of the year.

Edited by TGR46

• 2 months later...

@TGR46 my friend!

Very happy to see you at HRN and congratulations because this truly looks like very clean and great work!

Your brother @PT#31 results after his two surgeries with Dr. BF are simply out of this world and I’m sure you will also be very happy after you second surgery, when is it?

Looking forward to seeing a update and now that Covid19 restrictions are gone I hope to see you in person very soon. 

Forte abraço!

Edited by Portugal25

• 2 months later...
On 12/13/2021 at 4:12 AM, mrmane85 said:

Any updates @TGR46?

He already went for his second HT with Dr. Bruno Ferreira.

His brother @PT#31 said he should be posting soon.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 3:29 PM, Portugal25 said:

He already went for his second HT with Dr. Bruno Ferreira.

His brother @PT#31 said he should be posting soon.

Yeah but how did the 1st surgery go? Was it a success or is he getting a 2nd one because the first surgery was a disaster hence no updates??

21 minutes ago, Min12 said:

Yeah but how did the 1st surgery go? Was it a success or is he getting a 2nd one because the first surgery was a disaster hence no updates??

The OP explicitly says in the first post that they planned for two surgeries. There were always going to be at least two.

• 2 months later...