Disaster Post 6 years of FUT

npk21

Greetings, 

I had done my FUT in 2014 of 3200 grafts, which we successfully done by Dr Radha (India), but due to scalpe psoraisis , there was a lot of itching and burning sensation, and with time I lost a lot of hair, neither the scalp has improved from itching condition and now even the hair loss is disaster.

1)Which doctor should i consult in Mumbai , I do not wish to travel out of city due to pandemic.

2) Should I go for Prp or FUE or FUT now?

Kindly check the photos and do let me know..

Screenshot_20201210-105030.thumb.jpg.79fa0857a21fa528ccb2f6bf50624229.jpg

Screenshot_20201210-105155.jpg

Screenshot_20201210-105420.jpg

@npk21 I'm sorry, this is another case that confirms what I think, and that is that if the scalp is not healthy, there are no transplants that take, to be honest, you were very lucky that your transplant lasted six years,  my advice is to go to a trichologist first to try to heal your psoriasis, otherwise any other transplant you do, even top surgeons, will eventually end up like the first one.  Good luck.

There is no permanent solution for psoraosis.. All what i can do is keep applying ointment and reduce the burning sensation.. 

But...the hair loss is too much now...and hence i need a treatment for the same..

I just don't know which doctor should i visit for the same in Mumbai.

There are excellent treatments for psoriasis now in the form of biologics: talk to your doctor about these -

• ustekinumab (Stelara)
  • ixekizumab (Taltz)
  • secukinumab (Cosentyx)
  • guselkumab (Tremfya)
  • brodalumab (Siliq)
  • certolizumab pegol (Cimzia)
  • tildrakizumab (Ilumya)
  • risankizumab (Skyrizi)
  • Like 1

Man, I'm sorry you're going through this. :( That was a great result. 

Well, good news is hair loss due to scalp psoraisis is not permanent, there's coal tar and steroid creams to alleviate the condition, also check out the ones Louisjams listed, and go see a good trichologist. 

BTW, it appears to me that the transplanted hairline remained more or less intact, whilst you lost hair in areas where you were not fully bald. Are you sure it's not MPB doing its thing too? 6 years is a lot of time. Are you on any preventive medication?

Edited by UnbaldEagle
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot of this information...will definately show to a good trichologist soon.. 

I met few HT doctors in my locality, but they said that it will not cure and asked me to go for HT without taking any treatment for scalpe..

Sadly...I am not on any medication... 

But now i wish to get rid of this psoriasis and go for another HT session.. 

I just need a good doctor in India who can perform best FUE..

Or do you think taking PRP for few months can grow back hair on bald patch? 

I have a friend with psoriasis and this looks nothing like it to be honest.  To me it just appears you continued to lose more hair behind the first HT.

You could do a small session of 1000 grafts to check it grows ok, if there really is some kind of dematological condition.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

That looks like scarring alopecia or LPP, you need a biopsy from a dermatologist. DO NOT get another HT without doing this first! 
image.png

watch this

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

At HDC clinic we NEVER accept a paitent with psoriasis, unhealthy skin can only cause problems.

Sorry to hear this.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@npk21 you have to be seen by an excellent trichologist, in any case your hair, the ones you had after the procedure, will never come back even after the possible treatment, then, when your psoriasis is totally healed (you must be sure), you can think  to a new ht.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, npk21 said:

But is there any solution? Can i get my scalp cured?

If you have LPP or scarring alopecia, yes you can get it treated. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, 1978matt said:

I have a friend with psoriasis and this looks nothing like it to be honest.  To me it just appears you continued to lose more hair behind the first HT.

@npk21 I tend to agree with the above sentiment.

If you aren't taking any kind of DHT blocker, it was inevitable you would lose more hair. MPB and Psoriasis are separate conditions.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 2:31 AM, npk21 said:

There is no permanent solution for psoraosis.. All what i can do is keep applying ointment and reduce the burning sensation.. 

But...the hair loss is too much now...and hence i need a treatment for the same..

You may want to look into purchasing some 100% pure Emu oil to help with psoriasis. I used it on my scalp nightly after my HT and for up to a year or so and it helped ease any itching/dandruff issues. It’s a known natural anti-inflammatory and may help with psoriasis. 

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Like 3

On 12/10/2020 at 1:01 PM, npk21 said:

you look relatively young , Dr. Radha  is a good FUT doctor , dunno how she accepted you for the surgery with psoriasis ? of course  under magnification she would have seen that the skin was not Normal and hence should have called off the surgery in my opinion OR at least informed you of the complications ?

I thought you did not need DHT blockers with FUT, as the grafts are taken from the very safe donor zones , unlike FUE where unsafe zones are always used as the area is wider .... Im surprised to know that you need blockers with fut also , or maybe the psoriasis made the hair fall out ?  anyways i suggest you better treat the condition before doing another procedure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jolly said:

you look relatively young , Dr. Radha  is a good FUT doctor , dunno how she accepted you for the surgery with psoriasis ? of course  under magnification she would have seen that the skin was not Normal and hence should have called off the surgery in my opinion OR at least informed you of the complications ?

I thought you did not need DHT blockers with FUT, as the grafts are taken from the very safe donor zones , unlike FUE where unsafe zones are always used as the area is wider .... Im surprised to know that you need blockers with fut also , or maybe the psoriasis made the hair fall out ?  anyways i suggest you better treat the condition before doing another procedure

You take the DHT blockers not just for donor hair, but for your native scalp hair. This poster still had some of his native hair on top of his scalp, and a DHT blocker would increase the chances of keeping that hair.