Disaster Post 6 years of FUT

npk21

On 12/14/2020 at 11:52 AM, npk21 said:

What is DHT blocker.. I am not aware of it.. Is that any medicine?

its finasteride for better understanding , did you have the psoriasis  before the hair transplant ? OR  has this issue started  lately ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys.. 

I have shown my scalp to a HT transplant surgeon.. 

They have said that i may be having scalp dermatitis..

I have been given medicines - 

Tablet Xyzal M 

Tablet Zoterb 

No Skurf lotion

Topisal 3% lotion 

Anaboom Shampoo..

I have to continue the dose for 1 month and then i can go for FUE treatment.

Best of luck! Maybe you should give it a bit more then a month to see if everything clears up? Did they give you an idea if you'd need to be on this long term to prevent the same outcome? 

Unfortunately this is has made me really question if I should bother going down the HT route. My actual hairloss has always been accompanied with psoriasis/dermatitis, to the point in which now I'm questioning if I should be going to get a scalp biopsy immediately to see if my hairloss is even male pattern despite being in the frontal zone....

• Like 1

This seriously worries me and confuses me. The research that I did, even on here, suggested that psoriasis and/or sebhorric dermatitis should not disqualify you from having a hair transplant so long as you are not experiencing highly aggressive symptoms on the day of surgery. I have psoriasis and sometimes sebhorric dermatits and I underwent surgery two weeks ago, although my recipient areas were not experiencing aggressive symptoms at the time. My doctor knew about this on the day of surgery and he knew I have such skin issues weeks before I went for surgery. HRBR in Dublin also know about my skin conditions, they have observed my hair loss for 10 years and they were very happy to operate on me too. My native hair is dense and since starting finasteride it does not appear to be falling out at all so I find it hard to understand how such skin conditions can cause such aggressive hairloss or cause a HT to be rejected.

Also it appears to me as if this patient has actually retained a lot of his transplanted hair, it appears as if his native hair has fallen out more abundantly in these last 6 years.

57 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

This seriously worries me and confuses me. The research that I did, even on here, suggested that psoriasis and/or sebhorric dermatitis should not disqualify you from having a hair transplant so long as you are not experiencing highly aggressive symptoms on the day of surgery. I have psoriasis and sometimes sebhorric dermatits and I underwent surgery two weeks ago, although my recipient areas were not experiencing aggressive symptoms at the time. My doctor knew about this on the day of surgery and he knew I have such skin issues weeks before I went for surgery. HRBR in Dublin also know about my skin conditions, they have observed my hair loss for 10 years and they were very happy to operate on me too. My native hair is dense and since starting finasteride it does not appear to be falling out at all so I find it hard to understand how such skin conditions can cause such aggressive hairloss or cause a HT to be rejected.

Also it appears to me as if this patient has actually retained a lot of his transplanted hair, it appears as if his native hair has fallen out more abundantly in these last 6 years.

Has me worried to, I have both sebderm/psoriasis that seems most active when my loss speeds up. I haven't had a HT yet but if it can affect the outcome I may have to rethink my planning. 

Also, it does seem that the native hair is gone behind it but there is no way the remaining hair at the front is ~3000 graphs. Men get entire frontal triangles rebuilt with 3000 graphs. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Not sure if you discovered your condition - but this does look like Lichen planopilaris (LPP) not psoriasis as Melvin noted. 

I believe scalp psoriasis does not normally cause permanent hair loss - unlike LPP.  

Edited by mcr7777