Frontal NW2 Restoration @ Eugenix | M 26 | December 10th

Long time lurker at the forum, after a couple of years of browsing through the website and looking up results, I've finally opted for a procedure @ Eugenix, Gurgaon on December the 10th - it's just a day away.

I've had an in person consultation with Dr.Sethi last year, and another consultation over the phone with Dr. Arika. They recommend around 1200 grafts, I'm guessing it'll be around the 1400-1500 mark if we get around to fixing my temples. 

I'm 26 years of old, no major signs of baldness nor does my family have a history. Currently breaching NW 2, hopefully I'll get some pictures in for you guys in a couple of days. 

I'm praying everything goes smooth, will keep this thread updated over the course of my entire journey.

This forum has been very helpful in helping me zero in on a good doctor, so thank you.

Any pre-op/post-op advice? I'm all ears!

Cheers!

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Look forward to seeing your ht posted. Where are you travelling from? 

I'm an Indian national, so it's only a two hour flight from down south. Things are still hard though, I had to get 2 COVID tests done within 4 days. I'm a little worried about traveling back with the grafts on my head too haha. I forgot to book the accommodation in advance, so I'll only be staying for 2 nights. I've been told it shouldn't be a problem as mine isn't a major procedure.

• Like 2

• Administrators

We’ve got some star patients here @Fluffheadand @Zoomster recent patients like @Pyrat would be willing to help im sure. Hope you’ll share your journey with us happy growing 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 hours ago, Parasol said:

Why did you have to get two COVID tests done? I mean, I understand one. But why two?

The clinic asked for two tests in a span of 4-5 days. I guess its to be extra sure that nobody is infected. 

21 hours ago, MazAB said:

Would you mind posting a before picture?

Sure, just allow me a couple of days.

Was picked up at the airport by two really polite Eugenix drivers. 

Biding my time at the accommodation now until tomorrow morning for the procedure.

Everything was smooth so far, the room is great and so was the food. 

IMG_20201209_205415.jpg

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 5

Just got done with my procedure. 

Dr. Arika and team did a total of 1388 grafts. I had a special request to do my thinning temples well, so first 4 layers were singles and the rest doubles. Any gaps in the temple area that you see contain native hair, so it's all good. 

Was told my graft quality and donor was top notch. 

Will post pictures from clinic pre op and post op later on. 

Keep me in your prayers for a good result!! :)

IMG_20201210_200457.jpg

IMG_20201210_200500.jpg

IMG_20201210_200503.jpg

IMG_20201210_200454.jpg

• Like 4

Looks great! Looks like they didn't do much of a gradual blend into your existing hair which leads me to believe that you haven't dealt with much miniaturization of existing hair in the frontal region. Very nice natural design though. Love the irregularity. If everything grows, you are golden my friend!

Would you mind taking a picture of the donor area thru a mirror? Definitely DO NOT try and hold the camera over your head! I knew a guy that accidentally dropped his phone on his head trying to take pictures after his procedure and killed grafts.

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/8/2020 at 11:35 PM, MazAB said:

Would you mind posting a before picture?

Here are some pre operative pictures. I know I could hide my baldness well here and I have a decent beard, so the look came off. But it was only after I trimmed my head did I know how far back the hairline had receded. 

IMG-20201211-WA0017~2.jpg

IMG-20201211-WA0018~2.jpg

IMG-20201211-WA0019~3.jpg

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Wow, looks like another Eugenix masterpiece! 👏 You really needed those temple points with such a low hairline, good work! 

Here are some post operative pics. 

If you look closely, one of the temples (the left) is a lot more forward and defined than the right. I think this came off rather unintentionally (or maybe it was pre planning on part of Dr. Arika) but I have a feeling that those who can craft imperfections perfectly know what HT is all about. 

IMG-20201211-WA0013~2.jpg

IMG-20201211-WA0015~2.jpg

IMG-20201211-WA0014~2.jpg

IMG-20201211-WA0016~2.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 3:11 PM, Captain Haddock said:

Dr. Arika and team did a total of 1388 grafts. I had a special request to do my thinning temples well, so first 4 layers were singles and the rest doubles. Any gaps in the temple area that you see contain native hair, so it's all good. 

IMG_20201210_200457.jpg

IMG_20201210_200500.jpg

IMG_20201210_200503.jpg

IMG_20201210_200454.jpg

Looks nice buddy. I hope it works out really for you. In 9 months you might have a lot of new female fans 😀

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2020 at 7:22 PM, MazAB said:

Looks great! Looks like they didn't do much of a gradual blend into your existing hair which leads me to believe that you haven't dealt with much miniaturization of existing hair in the frontal region. Very nice natural design though. Love the irregularity. If everything grows, you are golden my friend!

Would you mind taking a picture of the donor area thru a mirror? Definitely DO NOT try and hold the camera over your head! I knew a guy that accidentally dropped his phone on his head trying to take pictures after his procedure and killed grafts.

Ouch! Did his head bleed when he dropped the phone on it? That is so scary 😥

2 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Ouch! Did his head bleed when he dropped the phone on it? That is so scary 😥

Yes, it was a complete bloody mess, but luckily it was only a small handful of grafts that died on top of his head so he ended up just fine. Just something that needs to be top of mind after a procedure is to stay super conservative with activity, and refrain from the things you normally would do.

Captain Haddock - your donor area looks fantastic! Very clean and balanced work. Would expect nothing less from Dr Arika and team. With a conservative amount of grafts extracted and having very dense donor it would not surprise me if you shaved to a 0 and still couldn't spot the extraction scars😉.

Best of luck and look forward to following your progress!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MazAB said:

Yes, it was a complete bloody mess, but luckily it was only a small handful of grafts that died on top of his head so he ended up just fine. Just something that needs to be top of mind after a procedure is to stay super conservative with activity, and refrain from the things you normally would do.

Captain Haddock - your donor area looks fantastic! Very clean and balanced work. Would expect nothing less from Dr Arika and team. With a conservative amount of grafts extracted and having very dense donor it would not surprise me if you shaved to a 0 and still couldn't spot the extraction scars😉.

Best of luck and look forward to following your progress!

Oh my God 😯 I will pray for him 🙏🏻 When the hair grew could you notice that a handful of grafts died? Yesterday (1 day after my transplant) I bumped the spray bottle off my head when I was spraying myself without the assistance of a mirror, later then I bumped my head again on the plane when I bent forward to pick up a book. The bumps were not extremely hard and the was no bleeding but it has totally worried me 😭

On another note I concur with what you said about Captain Haddock. The work looks really clean. Eugenix seem to do some pretty good work.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Eugenix fraternity! Post op looks A+. Not a ton of hairline cases like this from Eugenix, so I hope you continue to update us. I'm finishing up 12 months very soon and am thrilled with my result. Looks like you're set up for success. Have a speedy recovery and happy growing!

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 12/10/2020 at 7:11 AM, Captain Haddock said:

IMG_20201210_200457.jpg

IMG_20201210_200500.jpg

IMG_20201210_200503.jpg

IMG_20201210_200454.jpg

Amazing temple points 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.