4,000 FUE with Dr. Hasson

Monkeykong

2 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

2 patients for each surgeon.

And yeah, I believe in Canada they are allowed to delegate extractions to the technicians, whereas in USA it needs to be done by a doctor. That was a surprise to me. I wonder if the patients are fully aware of who will perform which aspect of the procedure?

Thanks.

No matter really. The primary goal of FUE and the reason one pays for the higher premium is so you can have less visible scarring allowing for the flexibility to wear shorter hair styles. The primary goal is clearly satisfied and that is plain to see. The secondary goal of FUE, which is proportionally related to the primary goal is low transection loss/high yield. As high transection loss requires additional punches thus producing more scarring. There is a proven track record from Hasson and Wong for low transection loss/high yield. Thus, their techs are highly qualified. Perhaps are surgical interns?

Given the goals are satisfied and the track record has been proven over and over again, there is no problem. In all actuality, given the obvious skill of H&W's techs, the patients are best served this way. I mean, let's say in another professional setting where the product is a specialized electronics device. Is the customer best served if the engineer that designed and builds that device also responsible for packing and shipping out that device? Or should the engineer outsource the packing and shipping so their skills can be best served refining that product? I would choose the later. The key is the competency of the techs which is plain to see, allowing Hasson and Wong to divide and conquer the more important work, the incisions implanting which requires both technical proficiency and artistry.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 10:14 PM, Monkeykong said:

These are from today which is 12 days post op: is it normal to have flaky/peeling skin even after the scabs have come off? Final pic is after a shower I'm still getting a lot of the white damp skin. 

IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4280.JPG

IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4273.JPG

That looks amazing!
If all those little ones grow... You are gonna have a SUPERB result!

Cant wait to see you showing off that new hairline John Travolta style 😁

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

yes I can confirm a tech does the extractions. however I don't think it should be a major concern. Doug has told me they have been there for years. Also every donor site I see from their FUEs are prestine.

Mathematically, it results in the effort of 1 whole procedure that Hasson and Wong perform each per day:

(1/2 of a patient's FUE procedure--the implanting part) * (2 patients) * (1 day) is equivalent to 1 whole procedure per day performed each by Hasson & Wong.

It is not even a concern when highly competent techs perform the extractions. I mean, in the US, you can have a surgeon performing the implantation, then have, within legal US guidelines, an ARTAS machine doing the excisions. Which would you rather have? 🤪

19 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Thanks.

No matter really. The primary goal of FUE and the reason one pays for the higher premium is so you can have less visible scarring allowing for the flexibility to wear shorter hair styles. The primary goal is clearly satisfied and that is plain to see. The secondary goal of FUE, which is proportionally related to the primary goal is low transection loss/high yield. As high transection loss requires additional punches thus producing more scarring. There is a proven track record from Hasson and Wong for low transection loss/high yield. Thus, their techs are highly qualified. Perhaps are surgical interns?

Given the goals are satisfied and the track record has been proven over and over again, there is no problem. In all actuality, given the obvious skill of H&W's techs, the patients are best served this way. I mean, let's say in another professional setting where the product is a specialized electronics device. Is the customer best served if the engineer that designed and builds that device also responsible for packing and shipping out that device? Or should the engineer outsource the packing and shipping so their skills can be best served refining that product? I would choose the later. The key is the competency of the techs which is plain to see, allowing Hasson and Wong to divide and conquer the more important work, the incisions implanting which requires both technical proficiency and artistry.

I can agree with you there. I think Dr. Hasson's techs must be some of the best in the world and it seems to work very well for their clinic. I just wish clinics were more transparent about who is working on what part of the procedure. Like if technicians are fully involved in certain parts, then I'd like to know what kind of minimum qualifications they should have. I wouldn't want the possibility of ending up with a technician who has done say only 50 procedures vs one who has done over 500.

When I look at orthodontist clinics for example, they usually list all of their techs on their website, stating their background and how many years of experience they have. I wish something similar was done for hair transplant clinics.

Anyway, don't wanna derail this dude's thread :) work looks great, happy growing! Enjoy the buzz cut appearance for now and hopefully the shed doesn't hit you too hard ;) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Very clean procedure, it looks like it's going to be a home run (fingers crossed).

Out of curiosity, did they measure how much density you originally had in your donor area and/or estimated how many extractable grafts you had in the bank?

5 hours ago, JohnBob said:

Very clean procedure, it looks like it's going to be a home run (fingers crossed).

Out of curiosity, did they measure how much density you originally had in your donor area and/or estimated how many extractable grafts you had in the bank?

I don't believe they did. If they did then I wasn't aware/informed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Monkeykong said:

Here is the 3 month update. Hoping I get some nice growth the coming months

IMG_5049.jpg

IMG_5050.jpg

IMG_5052.jpg

Looking good for 3 months. In the coming weeks hopefully the growth should really kick in. Looks like you have some growth or is that your natives just growing longer?

1 minute ago, deitel130 said:

Looking good for 3 months. In the coming weeks hopefully the growth should really kick in. Looks like you have some growth or is that your natives just growing longer?

Honestly it's hard to tell myself but I think it's a mix of both

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 4:12 PM, TorontoMan said:

Thats pretty standard practice from my understanding, both H&W and Rahal utilize techs in every surgery. It doesn't deter me as they do the most important part of the surgery that takes a lot of skill and artistry, and in fact I rather them be more rested and prepared so to say to do the incisions rather than being fatigued during the other processes. And clearly its been working for them, they trained their staff well and they work like a well oiled machine. But yeah each doctor does perform 2 surgeries a day. 

I feel like intelligent use of techs should be a plus, not a negative. At the end of the day, the techs who look down the microscope for 8 hours a day for 20 years is gonna have far more experience looking down the microscope and doing whatever than a doctor who worked on every step of the process for 8 hours a day but only got X amount of hours working on the microscope part. Not like being a doctor makes you magically good at everything and yeah they went to school for it, but they also learned a bunch of "useless" crap in school like what to do if you have an erection for longer than 4 hours which probably won't come up at all during a hair transplant. Does knowing what mitochondria are really matter that much for a hair transplant? Imo, what makes you good at hair transplants is doing a shit ton of hair transplants. And what makes you good at extracting grafts is extracting a billion grafts. So a tech who only extracts grafts every day for 20 years is gonna be better than a doctor who is doing consultations and prescribing propecia half the time. Doctors spend too much time learning about things they never end up using when sometimes I feel like hair transplantation is more like a trade where what really matters is hands on experience.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, deeznuts said:

I feel like intelligent use of techs should be a plus, not a negative. At the end of the day, the techs who look down the microscope for 8 hours a day for 20 years is gonna have far more experience looking down the microscope and doing whatever than a doctor who worked on every step of the process for 8 hours a day but only got X amount of hours working on the microscope part. Not like being a doctor makes you magically good at everything and yeah they went to school for it, but they also learned a bunch of "useless" crap in school like what to do if you have an erection for longer than 4 hours which probably won't come up at all during a hair transplant. Does knowing what mitochondria are really matter that much for a hair transplant? Imo, what makes you good at hair transplants is doing a shit ton of hair transplants. And what makes you good at extracting grafts is extracting a billion grafts. So a tech who only extracts grafts every day for 20 years is gonna be better than a doctor who is doing consultations and prescribing propecia half the time. Doctors spend too much time learning about things they never end up using when sometimes I feel like hair transplantation is more like a trade where what really matters is hands on experience.

Well the problem is that the techs have no name. Maybe you'll get one who extracts grafts every day for 20 years, or maybe you'll get one who's only been doing it for 1 year. What happens if your experienced tech quits? If they play such an important part in the surgery, they should be better represented by the clinic.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the 4 month update. Decided not to shave the sides this month. Looks like some growth starting, excited for the coming months hopefully they thicken up!

IMG_5182.thumb.jpg.304558edb9aacdc4ed18efa22b93732d.jpg

IMG_5183.thumb.jpg.266be397327ba28cea9d036f2611fa21.jpg

Here's my right side

IMG_5185.thumb.jpg.21901be6feead7e2798ebaab96d86329.jpg

IMG_5186.thumb.jpg.eeab586d48409cc7de747aec12f1cbaf.jpg

And here's my left side

IMG_5188.thumb.jpg.55271ca8c19453180ae451891c2ef604.jpg

IMG_5192.thumb.jpg.43c1d7c728cfc26af31c7483254e7c70.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

Edited by Monkeykong

• Administrators

WOW you're growing like wild fire, sheesh you're making the rest of us look bad man haha

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.