4,000 FUE with Dr. Hasson

Monkeykong

8 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

It’s quite usual to have some flakes after a Ht. if it persists though you may need something like Nizarol  or another medicated shampoo.

Thanks for the response, and good to know. My regular shampoo does contain ketoconazole but I've just been using the shampoo provided by the clinic so far.

• Like 1

• Administrators

That is some insane density, this is gonna be a life changer. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, happy growing 🙂

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Your hairloss wasn't that extensive, why 4000 grafts and all of it in the frontal third, it seems a little too much too soon? Looks great and dense fwiw!

• Like 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

12 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Your hairloss wasn't that extensive, why 4000 grafts and all of it in the frontal third, it seems a little too much too soon? Looks great and dense fwiw!

Originally after a consult with one of their consultants it was estimated for 3000 grafts. When Dr. Hasson saw me for the pre op consult, he said what I had left of my hairline was basically whiskers and suggested 4000 grafts to restore it with good density. He did however, say he could do 3000 grafts as well and drew the hairlines for both 3000 and 4000. I ultimately decided that the 4000 looked a lot better than the 3000. 

13 minutes ago, Monkeykong said:

Originally after a consult with one of their consultants it was estimated for 3000 grafts. When Dr. Hasson saw me for the pre op consult, he said what I had left of my hairline was basically whiskers and suggested 4000 grafts to restore it with good density. He did however, say he could do 3000 grafts as well and drew the hairlines for both 3000 and 4000. I ultimately decided that the 4000 looked a lot better than the 3000. 

I am sure 4000 is better but what about the future loss, do you not anticipate much further loss?

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

13 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

I am sure 4000 is better but what about the future loss, do you not anticipate much further loss?

He did say my crown looked good but did show some signs of some miniaturization. Which a big part of the consult was discussing the importance of getting on finasteride to prevent further hair loss. I opted to start with topical finasteride. But the consultant did say it would take about 3 months for me to get the topical.  

37 minutes ago, Monkeykong said:

He did say my crown looked good but did show some signs of some miniaturization. Which a big part of the consult was discussing the importance of getting on finasteride to prevent further hair loss. I opted to start with topical finasteride. But the consultant did say it would take about 3 months for me to get the topical.  

Did he tell you how many hairs you have left in your donor? in the case that more hair loss occurs? 

The work looks very clean and it is normal to have flakiness at your point

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Did he tell you how many hairs you have left in your donor? in the case that more hair loss occurs? 

The work looks very clean and it is normal to have flakiness at your point

Nothing was mentioned of my donor from Dr. Hasson. But I did do a consult with Dr. Rahal's consultant earlier this year and the consultant measured my donor capacity and said it was above average around 8500. 

• Less visible scarring is the reason one pays the extra premium for FUE. Was that achieved? Check!
  • The primary goal for surgical hair restoration is naturalness. Was that achieved? Check!

One patient, one surgeon, two days. The needs of the patient put first, one patient at a time no matter the time that needs to be spent. Anything less than these simple standards shouldn't qualify for further mention. Can't be more simple. Excellent work by a surgeon that sets the bar for the industry. I do so love to seeing this.

Congrats brutha! Will follow your thread closely.

Edited by jimcraig152
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:
  • Less visible scarring is the reason one pays the extra premium for FUE. Was that achieved? Check!
  • The primary goal for surgical hair restoration is naturalness. Was that achieved? Check!

One patient, one surgeon, two days. The needs of the patient put first, one patient at a time no matter the time that needs to be spent. Anything less than these simple standards shouldn't qualify for further mention. Can't be more simple. Excellent work by a surgeon that sets the bar for the industry. I do so love to seeing this.

Congrats brutha! Will follow your thread closely.

I'm pretty sure both Hasson and Wong do two patients in a single day, and only do the incision work

• Like 1

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

I'm pretty sure both Hasson and Wong do two patients in a single day, and only do the incision work

I believe that is correct. Extractions are done by their technicians. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

So does that mean, 4 patients are done by Hasson and Wong in a day (2 patients for each surgeon). Or two patients a day (1 patient for each surgeon)?

2 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

So does that mean, 4 patients are done by Hasson and Wong in a day (2 patients for each surgeon). Or two patients a day (1 patient for each surgeon)?

2 patients for each surgeon.

And yeah, I believe in Canada they are allowed to delegate extractions to the technicians, whereas in USA it needs to be done by a doctor. That was a surprise to me. I wonder if the patients are fully aware of who will perform which aspect of the procedure?

• Like 1

Thats pretty standard practice from my understanding, both H&W and Rahal utilize techs in every surgery. It doesn't deter me as they do the most important part of the surgery that takes a lot of skill and artistry, and in fact I rather them be more rested and prepared so to say to do the incisions rather than being fatigued during the other processes. And clearly its been working for them, they trained their staff well and they work like a well oiled machine. But yeah each doctor does perform 2 surgeries a day. 

• Like 1