3332 FUE Grafts - Dr. Ron Shapiro & Dr. Josephitis (SMG)

hybonix

• Administrators
On 1/27/2021 at 1:39 PM, Peter Reddy said:

Melvin : what is the thoughts on Oral Minoxidil ( Lonitin ) or Dutasteride which says more effective than Propecia . But both are big box warinibg medications and not approved for hair 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Love the beard, brother! Dr. Paul says he takes oral minoxidil himself. I didn’t ask him the dosage.  Said the most common side effect he sees is body hair. I guess that would give you more to harvest 😁

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Shmiggy said:

Love the beard, brother! Dr. Paul says he takes oral minoxidil himself. I didn’t ask him the dosage.  Said the most common side effect he sees is body hair. I guess that would give you more to harvest 😁

I'm already a hairy gorilla, I can't see how I could get much worse. I'm gonna ask Dr. Ron and Dr. Josephitis for their opinions and safety of oral minoxidil. I'll be speaking to them on our Instagram live next week. 

• Haha 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 1/27/2021 at 12:11 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

It shouldn’t affect your growth, if anything it will stimulate faster growth. 

I just started topical minoxidil in lieu of oral. Ron Shapiro says that I shouldn't have the minoxidil shed since I am on Fin and the Fin has strengthened my roots for the past 5 months. However, has anyone here started minoxidil after using Fin for awhile? If so, was there any shedding from minoxidil?

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

• Administrators
6 hours ago, hybonix said:

I just started topical minoxidil in lieu of oral. Ron Shapiro says that I shouldn't have the minoxidil shed since I am on Fin and the Fin has strengthened my roots for the past 5 months. However, has anyone here started minoxidil after using Fin for awhile? If so, was there any shedding from minoxidil?

I think that rationale makes sense. Some people experience a shed on fin. It depends on the person as well.

View my thread

Month 3 & 1 Week Update (First Haircut)

• I wanted to post a mini update as I just got my first haircut. I had to do it as I was growing a mullet...
  • I had 5 different people in one day comment on how great my hair looked, so that was very motivating for me
  • I have a bunch of new hairs growing in my scalp and hairline. Lots of stuff happening now!

IMG_6882.thumb.jpg.2c61672ea4de2d47f0222c7ed2b121a0.jpg

IMG_6883.thumb.jpg.630c2066c57cf931e388a2147f304477.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Fun right around the corner

View my thread

If it looks this good at 3 months/1 week just wait until the 6 month mark.  Exciting times ahead!  You're gonna notice changes on a weekly basis now.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 4 weeks later...

Month 4 Update (3/1/21)

• The hair is starting to fill in! However, I do see quite a bit of skin in the light and after a shower. But I still have two months to get some density.
  • I have been applying Rogaine for one month now and I feel there is a slight shed (very minor) as some hairs are falling out when I rub my head. I feel it's my native hair and not transplanted hairs falling out though.
  • Have been on Fin (.5mg or 1/2mg daily) and Nizoral (every other day) for 6 months now. I also take biotin (5000mcg) and a men's multivitamin daily.
  • I just purchased the HRL Shampoo and conditioner and will begin that once I am out of Nizoral

Wet - Right After Shower (Well lit, harsh conditions)

1208413569_AfterShowerHair.thumb.jpg.07a60b08768b4cdc46f63fc74717e088.jpg

Dry - One Hour Later (Moderate light, better conditions)

356314222_DryHair.thumb.jpg.2fa7e3a9a45a65e193abf66c654c9a9d.jpg

Edited by hybonix

Very glad on the progress . Any reason for 5Mg Propecia ?  . As research papers point that 5Mg and 1 mg have no difference in results  . 0.2 Mg of Fin is 80% of 1 mg . Many I see combination of 0.2Mg  Fin + Saw Palmetto (380Mg) plus combination of rice water sprey , Onion water to aid in . I see HRL shampoo has these ingredients . But applying on head and leaving for some time can also be helpful 

24 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Are you considering oral min with topical as well? I'm going to start at 1.25mg oral min after breakfast and will apply rogaine foam at night. 

I thought about oral min, but am not 100% comfortable with taking meds that are meant for blood pressure. Rogaine targets the scalp and has a lower systemic effect when taking it orally. I am also taking fin which also has its risks, so I am not keen on taking two meds that both have potential for adverse effects. With that being said, if I am unable to stay compliant with topical rogaine, I will take it orally instead.

Edited by hybonix
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hybonix said:

I thought about oral min, but am not 100% comfortable with taking meds that are meant for blood pressure. Rogaine targets the scalp and has a lower systemic effect when taking it orally. I am also taking fin which also has its risks, so I am not keen on taking two meds that both have potential for adverse effects. With that being said, if I am unable to stay compliant with topical rogaine, I will take it orally instead.

The thing is oral min is more effective because your liver has more sulfotransferase activity & there are studies showing its safety profile at a low dose. The two in combination might work really well and hopefully at a small cost to your body while also being easier with compliance. 

• Administrators

You’re looking awesome already man very happy for you, it will be a fun few months ahead 🙌🏼

View my thread

Looking good. The elite transplant in tandem with your medication will have your hair looking amazing in a few months.

• Like 1

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

You mentioned that you have two more months to gain density. You're only at the very beginning of growth at 4 months. Don't get caught up in the 6 month hype. It takes 12-18 months to achieve a complete result. It looks great so far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Transplanted hair always looks thinner when wet - after a shower or after swimming - even with a great result at 12 months.  It's just the nature of it.  But you are on the cusp of something exciting here!  Are you going to continue to grow out your hair longer or keep it this length?  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thank you everyone for your awesome feedback. It’s very motivating and thrilling to know that I’m making good progress! I feel great that I saw results even before the 4 month mark. Cannot wait until my 5 and 6 month update.

11 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Are you going to continue to grow out your hair longer or keep it this length?  

I’m not sure yet! People on Zoom always compliment how they love the shorter hair. But I always wore my hair a little longer, my whole life I’ve done that. I also started to wear it longer than usual when I was losing my hair to cover up my baldness. But I started looking at some old pictures, and I forgot how terrible it looked. Really got bad when I turned 24/25, so I want to wear it long again to see if I can actually pull it off. Sucks when you start losing your hair at 18, so it feels so strange to feel hair again when I run my fingers through it. Very strange sensation for sure. 

Edited by hybonix
  • Like 2

Looks good

But why do you Think you only have 2 month more to gain density.?

As i have read the popping of the hair is only about 50-60 procent at month 6.

And the mature maybe 40-50 procent

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maa said:

Looks good

But why do you Think you only have 2 month more to gain density.?

As i have read the popping of the hair is only about 50-60 procent at month 6.

And the mature maybe 40-50 procent

6 months is a good baseline to see where you are at, but I was incorrect in my statement. Full maturity of transplanted hair will be shown at 12 - 16 months. So, I still have plenty of time to go! :D