3332 FUE Grafts - Dr. Ron Shapiro & Dr. Josephitis (SMG)

hybonix

On 1/9/2022 at 3:18 PM, aaron1234 said:

That's a sweeeet idea!

I don't think your hairline mockups are overly aggressive.  Since you comb your hair to the right (I think, unless your pics are flipped?) you may want to drop and fill in the left side of the hairline, more so than the other side since it is covered with the way you style it.  The area behind the redline - you could be more aggressive on this side.

I think this is a fantastic idea! You are correct that it's combed to the right. I can have Shapiro lower my left side and keep the right a little more conservative. I will add some more grafts to the temple points as well. This 1500+ graft surgery will be for fine tuning my look and should be my last surgery for the next 10 years (or so I hope...) lol

• Like 2

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

There is a good potential to addres the hairline  depending on other factors we see when we get to examine you in person.

Part will be what your other goals are and  how much donor you have left .  But in general ...it is not hard to create the appearance of a lower hairline with a smaller amount of grafts  than one would think ....because the base is now there.  It is not always doable...but often is.     The idea of focusing on oneside slightly more than another is one of  approaches that  can be used  if the patient is ok with it.       We will be seeing  you in  soon

• Like 4

• Administrators

I can't wait to follow your journey @hybonix i'll send you a pm. I would love to work together on creating some video content of your journey. Thank you for showing your face as well, it makes such a huge difference seeing the impact the procedure has made on your appearance, so kudos to you 🙌 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 10:57 PM, hybonix said:

THE REVEAL412412073_BeforeAfter1.thumb.jpg.977c05d4a9a5523eb63226f7e346976d.jpg

764762566_BeforeAfter2.thumb.png.c5815e5b4e8705df503864a86b06f8a1.png267561982_HolyShit.thumb.png.f37eb052fdfb92ba7a17a68b1a1577b3.png

500827444_TopBeforeAfter.thumb.png.c059f63de27ced0666f5f5b909594296.png

SURGERY PHOTOS 

1752778242_FrontTransplant.thumb.png.a79fab1b8501b2210e5c25faf6b5a869.png
311273180_PartialTopTransplant.thumb.png.dcf0a07ab53fea2ad4b0ead70fdb5331.png
1497929932_TopTransplant.thumb.png.42359efdb2ea8526cc0f9e8c4dabc26b.png
387130648_SideTransplant.thumb.png.da42515623bbb1156525fc0d770defff.png
1756034210_DonorArea.thumb.png.0081d9a43ad238ebb8b434421416e93e.png
1788908229_DonorArea2.thumb.png.0884a871e7b1f360a6d7905dc6adc768.png
1400882649_ScreenShot2021-08-03at8_55_13PM.png.c08da1b107f7edb4a23005220eec44b1.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-03 at 8.55.07 PM.png

I could not help but post before and after photos at this point. I know I have 3 more months until the final results are in, but I feel like this is a great comparison. I have come a long way and absolutely thrilled with the results. I would say this is a home run or at least close to one. :D

Sorry if this is picture overload, but I wanted to document the whole story!

Please let me know what you think!

This may be one of the biggest life changing surgeries I've ever seen in my life. What a result!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/19/2022 at 3:48 AM, Style22 said:

Hey @hybonixDid you go through with a second procedure? How’s everything going?

Surgery got pushed to August 4th of next month. Gonna have them add more to my temples and fill out my hairline a little bit. Should be my last for the next 5 - 10 years. Super excited to be back with SMG.

• Like 2

3,000 grafts got you that? Amazing result!! Might be one of the best on the site. You look 10x better man. Shapiro should be commended.

Edited by Z--

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 9:50 PM, hybonix said:

Diep was the same price as SMG, except, his would have been FUT. Diep's FUE was much more expensive than SMG.

Great write up very interested in SMG!! 

Curious what the total price of your surgery was and how is it looking these days?

• Administrators

How did your 2nd procedure go? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

18 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

How did your 2nd procedure go? 

I got COVID, so we had to reschedule for next year. It's probably for the best as this will give my hair another year to develop and determine if I need to work on other areas.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, hybonix said:

I got COVID, so we had to reschedule for next year. It's probably for the best as this will give my hair another year to develop and determine if I need to work on other areas.

Sorry to hear about that excited to follow your next journey 🙏🏼

View my thread

• 1 month later...

Two Year Update

Next month will be my two year update. I’m thrilled with the results and no one knows I’ve had any work done. I refuse to wear hats and I love getting haircuts now. My confidence is to the roof!

Thank you to everyone for following my story and providing great advice. And…

THANK YOU SHAPIRO MEDICAL GROUP!!!

E4541913-2B66-4037-A450-4C6003983E07.thumb.jpeg.fd8a46edc0307909b1cecd783c9d6619.jpeg

ED86E6D3-E31A-4704-A9D1-95C13BC64B5A.thumb.jpeg.7b3d5aafc148d48318805fa66d1ab5c2.jpeg

458A7E78-B321-4742-A038-A9053AEFC821.thumb.jpeg.7ffcbcfe5878de8a27fbd600ddc627fc.jpeg

• Like 6

• Administrators

I have to say it has definitely gotten better. The texture and thickness. Are you still considering another procedure?

View my thread

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My review was pretty similar to yours. I also had a weird Dr Diep history though mines is more involved. Matt Zupan is amazing, by the time of my procedure I had been talking to him for a at least a couple hours, for free, he also arranged fin prescriptions for me. 

Dr Shapiro impressed me most than anyone else and in person lived up to the hype. As scientists/researcher I always look for curiosity as an indicator, and he definitely had it. 

I too am considering building up from my base. 

On 9/14/2022 at 8:05 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I have to say it has definitely gotten better. The texture and thickness. Are you still considering another procedure?

I am scheduled for another procedure in June 2023 with SMG. I had to postpone it once more due to another COVID scare...

On 11/10/2022 at 4:17 PM, jonnyjon said:

Looks great man! Nice results! Did the surgeons do all of the actual donor punches and extractions? Or did techs do any of that? I'm avoiding clinics that allow their techs to make any incisions or pulling out of the grafts.

I want to say Shapiro did a good amount of the punches -- well most of them. Dr. Joe did a lot of the extractions as well. The techs did help here and there, but Shapiro was in charge and made his presence known by guiding everyone with the procedure. I felt 100% taken care of.

19 minutes ago, HairRun said:

My review was pretty similar to yours. I also had a weird Dr Diep history though mines is more involved. Matt Zupan is amazing, by the time of my procedure I had been talking to him for a at least a couple hours, for free, he also arranged fin prescriptions for me. 

Dr Shapiro impressed me most than anyone else and in person lived up to the hype. As scientists/researcher I always look for curiosity as an indicator, and he definitely had it. 

I too am considering building up from my base. 

I am glad you had a similar experience! They really are world class and I cannot thank them enough. I love getting the "Your new haircut looks great!" compliments... Still amazed at how much my life has changed.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread. I am strongly considering Shapiro and this thread has been very helpful.

Question..I know it was a few years ago but did SMG offer any specific packages that either featured Shapiro only or Josephitis only? Were you guaranteed to have Shapiro do part of the work? I ask because I have read that some patients at SMG don’t get worked on by Shapiro at all and it is just Josephitis. I like your setup of having Dr. Ron do part of the work and Josephitis doing the other part. 

4 hours ago, Whirlpool22 said:

Question..I know it was a few years ago but did SMG offer any specific packages that either featured Shapiro only or Josephitis only? Were you guaranteed to have Shapiro do part of the work? I ask because I have read that some patients at SMG don’t get worked on by Shapiro at all and it is just Josephitis. I like your setup of having Dr. Ron do part of the work and Josephitis doing the other part. 

You can specifically request Shapiro or Dr. Joe. Shapiro has a longer wait, but that is an option. :)

• Administrators

@hybonix

How have you been man? Long time no see, I’m guessing you’ve probably forgot about hair loss, and you’re enjoying your new hair. Did you ever have the second procedure?

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

@hybonix

How have you been man? Long time no see, I’m guessing you’ve probably forgot about hair loss, and you’re enjoying your new hair. Did you ever have the second procedure?

The second procedure postponed to November now. Will have some glorious updates when that happens. I want to record a video but need the okay from Dr. Shaprio.

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, hybonix said:

The second procedure postponed to November now. Will have some glorious updates when that happens. I want to record a video but need the okay from Dr. Shaprio.

Awesome, if you want I’ll be happy to share it on our YouTube too. 

• Like 1

View my thread