3332 FUE Grafts - Dr. Ron Shapiro & Dr. Josephitis (SMG)

hybonix

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, hybonix said:

6 months is a good baseline to see where you are at, but I was incorrect in my statement. Full maturity of transplanted hair will be shown at 12 - 16 months. So, I still have plenty of time to go! :D

Yup, not everyone looks like rockstars at 6 months. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

38 minutes ago, hybonix said:

6 months is a good baseline to see where you are at, but I was incorrect in my statement. Full maturity of transplanted hair will be shown at 12 - 16 months. So, I still have plenty of time to go! :D

Yes and even after 6 month i Think you still have alot of growth coming not just mature.

I am about 1 month a head of you in my fue.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Month 5 Update (3/29/21)

• More hair has grown! I feel like i am plateauing, but there is plenty of time still left.
  • Co-workers have noticed the change and keep complimenting the "new haircut" :)
  • My current regime is as follows:
    • Topical Rogaine Daily Once in the AM
    • 1.25mg finasteride on M/W/F/SU (Just switched to proscar and cutting it into fourths)
    • HRL Shampoo + Conditioner on M/W/F (Conditioner used on Saturday as well, but trying not to over wash my hair)
  • Here are three pictures of different lighting conditions. I am really happy with the results. I do wish for more density, but I will make my final assessment at the one year mark. Also, I was completely bald on top, so it's a massive improvement.

IMG_7515.thumb.jpg.feb73a7c81801dc147a79d32cb368595.jpg

IMG_7524.thumb.jpg.896ae171e9d0184fdbab722e41250240.jpg

IMG_7519.thumb.jpg.c27678ca3c606fd546971b8b06f4de48.jpg

• Like 2

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

Congratulations and very happy . By month 3, the new hairs begin “popping” through the scalp. By the end of month 3, approximately 30% of the hairs have penetrated through. 40% have come through by month 4, and 50% by month 5. By 6 months, approximately 60% – 70% of the new hairs have fully penetrated through the scalp. By the 9thmonth, approximately 90 – 100% of the hairs have “popped” through the scalp, and most of the changes of a hair transplant from that point forward are due to maturation.

• Administrators

Hair is looking amazing, very happy for you. It’s only going to get better from here 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Harsh lighting conditions, short hairstyle, and it's still looking good!  The next month should be an exciting one for you.  Looks like you're starting to grow out your hair, correct?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

1 hour ago, aaron1234 said:

Harsh lighting conditions, short hairstyle, and it's still looking good!  The next month should be an exciting one for you.  Looks like you're starting to grow out your hair, correct?

Thank you! Yes, I am going to grow it out again! I used to have bangs, but we will see how it looks when it gets longer. I believe the fin has helped stabilize my hair in the back and I am not seeing any additional hair loss. I am super excited for the months ahead.

• Like 2

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, hybonix said:

Thank you! Yes, I am going to grow it out again! I used to have bangs, but we will see how it looks when it gets longer. I believe the fin has helped stabilize my hair in the back and I am not seeing any additional hair loss. I am super excited for the months ahead.

Once it starts growing out, its gonna look good.

View my thread

• 1 month later...

Month 6 Update (5/3/21)

• Hair has filled in quite a bit! It's not as dense as my original hair and never will never be, but the transplant is an illusion. However, this illusion looks pretty damn good.
  • I visited some family for the first time in almost a year and they were all amazed at how great my hair looked. My uncle kept calling me hollywood as he knew I got a transplant. Others just thought I got a great new haircut
  • Everyone loves the new hair and I am super happy.
  • My only critique is I wish it was more dense, but again, it's an illusion. I may opt for another transplant in the future if I want more density, but my wife really doesn't want me to. So I may just leave it.
  • Here are three pictures of different lighting conditions. I am thrilled with the results and look forward to more growth in the next 6 months:

IMG_7846.thumb.jpg.081837ee4565cdc3f1c6f690cad8a62c.jpgIMG_7855.thumb.jpg.16c09032e8b355c2d9838a555db7cac0.jpgIMG_7887.thumb.jpg.fdadaef48b6afabded7eb63feb1fb85c.jpg
IMG_7891.thumb.jpg.a7ca4a0f5712304d0ba4f9aaa38256c4.jpgIMG_7888.thumb.jpg.468cd58714035efdc01afeab73b86daf.jpg

IMG_7892.thumb.jpg.b7f012e44de1ff0baca49ffbb20fdba4.jpg

• Like 4

Looks so natural, would be impossible to tell that's a HT.  It also looks like the new hairs are wirey - so they'll continue to mature, thicken, and settle down over the coming months.  You're still only at the halfway point so definitely expect more growth.  I've noticed an improvement from 8 months to 11 months with my recent HT.  Your donor looks great, and I'm envious that your crown is still intact.  Would love to see a top-down shot!

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

• Administrators

Andrew Santino is that you? Haha. You're looking awesome man, really impressed by your progress. The coarse texture will get better throughout the months. 

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

Month 7 Update (6/1/21)

• I feel like I am maxing out in terms of density, but we will see over the next several months.
  • I am not sure if I should continue a monthly cadence/update on these forums or wait until the 10 - 12 month mark for my next update
  • My hairline filled in, but my light colored hair makes it look thinner/softer. Not a big deal at all and it's nice to have full coverage
  • My pictures on roller coasters are very satisfying as I do not look like a complete baldy anymore... Went to Disneyland and was so relieved to look normal on these photos with my hair completely up.
  • I am curious what you guys think of my progress thus far now that it's past the half year mark. I think it came out great, but please be honest with me! :)

IMG_8277.thumb.jpg.e7a905ae525379de655f95827efd63bb.jpg

IMG_8251.thumb.jpg.a70a680be5b4f8e8da58ab713c994bd5.jpg

IMG_8287.thumb.jpg.b6b77a4dc764d8a1f0fc74194c34dac1.jpg

IMG_8288.thumb.jpg.9707731bd9c14e9752ba74228b0c308c.jpgIMG_8290.thumb.jpg.2088c50805c313293575d2fff697c9da.jpg

Edited by hybonix
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Looks great, this should continue improving until 18 months. I don’t think you’re done not by a long shot.

View my thread

The outside pic in the bright sun I can't see any scalp... that's huge!  The combed forward & to the side look gives a shingling/layering effect, making the most of the transplanted hair and it gives you full coverage.  The transplanted hairs are still a bit wirey so I would expect them to settle down over the coming months.  

I assume the meds are working well for you?  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

The outside pic in the bright sun I can't see any scalp... that's huge!  The combed forward & to the side look gives a shingling/layering effect, making the most of the transplanted hair and it gives you full coverage.  The transplanted hairs are still a bit wirey so I would expect them to settle down over the coming months.  

I assume the meds are working well for you?  

Thank you for the amazing feedback! And to be honest, I have no idea if the meds (fin + min) are working or not... I feel like my hair is much thicker though. My crown was also starting to see some thinning, but it's starting to fill in again. The HRL Shampoo rocks as it makes my hair look much thicker. Even if it's not true DHT blocking, it's a good volumizer.

I am super thrilled to post my before and after photos at Month 9/10. It's pretty shocking to see the transformation of my appearance with the HT. Aaron says it's night and day...

Edited by hybonix
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Month 8 Update (6/30/21)

• My hair seems to have peaked, however, I have gotten the HT blues... 😞 
  • I tried to grow my hair out, but it didn't look good as my hair is still wiry and it looked "weak" to me. Like I was trying to do a comb over to cover my baldness which I hated... Felt like Trump for a bit... 
  • I stopped minoxidil recently, so I think I am shedding some of my natural hair which may be contributing to the problem, but it's hard to tell at this point. I am going to go back on minoxidil and switch to oral once I run out of the topical in one month
  • I got a haircut and that made a huge improvement. I feel like the hair transplant looks best when my hair is short versus growing it out which makes it look unkempt. The longer it is, the crazier/wiry it is which throws off the look. I hope things get better as I do miss growing it out. :/ 
  • I am still very happy with the procedure and I have been transformed. However, I think I want another procedure after 12 months to fill in my corners and add density to the front
  • What do you guys think? Any improvements, stalling or loss of hair from me stopping minoxidil?

Before Haircut:
IMG_8482.thumb.jpg.2c00d9d221ab1ea46672c904102da9d0.jpg
IMG_8551.thumb.jpg.fe473ac3fa69bb86aa8bc20988257cd7.jpg

After Haircut
IMG_8557.thumb.jpg.d828e57c4150f0a1d6d2e82ff904e39d.jpgIMG_8558.thumb.jpg.66ee7033194550c1d467aa19a208558f.jpgIMG_8559.thumb.jpg.e4903095f7cacb76ddc1a30d874a3141.jpgIMG_8553.thumb.jpg.dc1875d6c6270c4663db19ecdf092c7a.jpg

Edited by hybonix
  • Like 1