3332 FUE Grafts - Dr. Ron Shapiro & Dr. Josephitis (SMG)

hybonix

Wow, quite the journey! I had work done with Dr. Josephitis a couple weeks ago and I'm going through other threads mentioning him to admire the results while I wait for my own to grow in. Yours looks amazing. I can see why you're looking for a second smaller surgery just to pack a bit more hair in and lower the hairline a tad; I think it could help just a little with outdoor / direct light situations. But those are just nitpicks that almost no one will notice. I was looking forward to seeing the second surgery results as I clicked through the thread, but looks like you got delayed quite a bit! Probably a lot easier to wait for this one than the first one, since it'll just be an incremental change.

Your results are incredible though even without a second procedure, so I'm not trying to take away from that at all. The before/after you posted Aug '21... it's amazing how much of a difference hair makes in how a person comes across. Not only do you have thicker hair, which is big enough on its own, but the surgery allowed you to switch to a more mature hairstyle, which is also a huge improvement. And I noticed you're not wearing glasses in your after pics but you were in most of the before -- did the hair transplant inspire you to wear contacts more? Amazing how improving hair can make one prouder of their appearance and put more effort into other aspects of it.

The comments from your blunt friends about the old picture of you must feel good, in a way -- even from a small picture, they could see such a huge difference compared to how you look today. Along with that, the fact that they clearly hadn't noticed you'd had a transplant until they saw the old photo speaks to the incredibly natural work Shapiro and Josephitis did. I imagine it's a huge self-confidence boost. And I'm guessing your wife is happy too; if you met at 19 or around then, you've got a better head of hair than she's ever known you with; not often people get /more/ attractive the longer you're in a relationship with them, but you clearly have.

Keep us updated on the next procedure.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 7:42 PM, davidjosepha said:

And I noticed you're not wearing glasses in your after pics but you were in most of the before -- did the hair transplant inspire you to wear contacts more? Amazing how improving hair can make one prouder of their appearance and put more effort into other aspects of it.

Keep us updated on the next procedure.

Thank you! I got LASIK as my glasses were super annoying. I hated cleaning them all the time and laying down with them was a struggle. I had contacts, but those also had their problems.

The next procedure is November 13th. I am glad it got delayed as it let more time elapse between procedures to determine if other areas of hair loss reared their ugly head. I am very stable right now, but I would like to lower the left side of the hairline and pack a little more density in the front.

We are looking at doing 1500+ grafts, and I may do another round of exosomes. I want to get a live video of the procedure, so I need to reach out to Shapiro to see if they are open to allowing me to record.

I will open a new thread to document the procedure.

• Like 1

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

• 1 month later...

3 Year Update

Just thought I'd pop in here and give a three year update. I'm a month early, but my hair still looking great. It has weakened a tad only cause my lifestyle has been a little poor with the lack of sleep. I hit the gym 4 times a week but I'm not getting enough sleep. Couple that with weekend drinking and occasional late partying which places stress on the body. But I'm still as happy as ever!! The next procedure is only two months away!!!

Here is a comparison once again...

Before HT

image.thumb.jpeg.d8e2f5f9c23b0ac9d3dca1f55212d6fb.jpeg

IMG_5497.thumb.jpg.074c0c3e6cadf2463b5820b61c233e2f.jpg

After HT

IMG_7216.jpeg

IMG_7458.jpeg

Edited by hybonix
  • Like 4
  • Well Done 2

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2023 at 9:10 PM, hybonix said:

3 Year Update

Just thought I'd pop in here and give a three year update. I'm a month early, but my hair still looking great. It has weakened a tad only cause my lifestyle has been a little poor with the lack of sleep. I hit the gym 4 times a week but I'm not getting enough sleep. Couple that with weekend drinking and occasional late partying which places stress on the body. But I'm still as happy as ever!! The next procedure is only two months away!!!

Here is a comparison once again...

Before HT

image.thumb.jpeg.d8e2f5f9c23b0ac9d3dca1f55212d6fb.jpeg

IMG_5497.thumb.jpg.074c0c3e6cadf2463b5820b61c233e2f.jpg

After HT

IMG_7216.jpeg

IMG_7458.jpeg

I know that coastline!

Handsome Ed Sheeran looking mf-er. Congrats on what you've been through, you deserve it.