3332 FUE Grafts - Dr. Ron Shapiro & Dr. Josephitis (SMG)

hybonix

Right on track.  Donor area looks very good.  You still have some redness in the recipient area but that will take time to settle down as well.  Hang in there!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Yes, would love to see some updates 🙏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Month 3 Update (1/26/21)

• Starting to regrow hair! There are many little hairs sprouting right now, so we are making progress
  • It's still very thin, but I am starting to see a shadow/outline of where the growth will happen. Old hair growing back out, but I think some new as well.
  • Left temple is coming in nicely, right temple is lacking
  • Hairline is pretty high, which is fine. Depending on how things grow out, may want to lower the hairline in a future procedure.
  • Still have not gotten a haircut since procedure day. I am waiting until Month 5 or 6 to surprise my normal barber with the new hairs. lol
  • On Month 5 of Propecia as well. .5mg daily dose

722277552_HairTransplant3Months.thumb.jpg.2334f9c8351059aa0efc698b9399f0de.jpgIMG_6806.thumb.jpg.ac879a0d52b170348aedca2e6f280320.jpg

IMG_6796.thumb.jpg.a5f9657568adf7ed72e8b04485819884.jpg

Edited by hybonix

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

This is gonna look so good in three months. Get pumped!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

Thanks for following up man, everything is looking good.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

13 hours ago, Peter Reddy said:

Progressing very well  . Are you using anything in combination with Propecia . Like Tropical /Oral Minoxidil  ,Dutasteride ?

I am currently taking this instead of minoxidil: https://aseircustom.com/products/auxano-grow-hair-growth-formula

It may be snake oil, but the doctor did say that copper peptides can help with hair growth and stability based on past studies. I am bit scared of taking minoxidil as I heard it can hurt your collagen and I am seeing some new studies saying it can give you baggy eyes which make you look older. Also, once you are on minox, you have to take it forever. I am debating if I should take the plunge and take it though...

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, hybonix said:

I am currently taking this instead of minoxidil: https://aseircustom.com/products/auxano-grow-hair-growth-formula

It may be snake oil, but the doctor did say that copper peptides can help with hair growth and stability based on past studies. I am bit scared of taking minoxidil as I heard it can hurt your collagen and I am seeing some new studies saying it can give you baggy eyes which make you look older. Also, once you are on minox, you have to take it forever. I am debating if I should take the plunge and take it though...

You paid $300 for that 😳

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You paid $300 for that 😳

I got it for free. lol. Debating if I should actually buy this product though. May just go to minoxidil... Anyone here using minox with no issues?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, hybonix said:

I got it for free. lol. Debating if I should actually buy this product though. May just go to minoxidil... Anyone here using minox with no issues?

Hell no don’t buy it, especially not at that price. I’ve been on minoxidil for 6 years. I’m 35 now, I don’t look like a kid, but I wouldn’t say I’m aging any worse than I would without it.

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hell no don’t buy it, especially not at that price. I’ve been on finasteride for 6 years. I’m 35 now, I don’t look like a kid, but I wouldn’t say I’m aging any worse than I would without it.

Thanks for the advice. lol. Should I take the plunge and buy minoxidil? How long have you been using minoxidil? 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, hybonix said:

Thanks for the advice. lol. Should I take the plunge and buy minoxidil? How long have you been using minoxidil? 

Definitely worth buying, I’ve been using it for 6 going on 7 years.

View my thread

I am on Propecia 1Mg/alternative days from last 1 year . No side effects . On and Off on Minoxidil Foam . Very difficult . Itchy , Hair structure changes . Here is what some of the reputed doctors preferences what I understood based on various notes 

1. Dr Ron Shapiro ( After HT , Doctor advise is to use  Propecia and Oral form of Minoxidil ( Loniten)

2. Dr Konair ( Only Propecia . Does not believe any other medicines including Exossomes . There is wonder drug other than HT and Propecia . )

3. Dr Hasson Wong ( . Prefers - Tropical Propecia than Oral Propecia . )

4. Dr C ( Preferes Tropical form of 5% Minoxidil and 1% Propecia from Compounded Pharmacy ) 

I also came through many preferring on Dutasteride, which works much better than both Propecia . However both Dutasteride and Loniten (Oral Minoxidil) are not FDA approved to be used for Hair and come with lot more side effects .  I am off on Tropical Minoxidil -very painful to use just remaining on Propecia 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Definitely worth buying, I’ve been using it for 6 going on 7 years.

Thank you! 🙏  I am going to Costco now to pick up the foam version. I have sensitive skin, so I will not use the liquid dropper. I am excited and a tad nervous though regarding the baggy eye side effect. However, you look great Melvin, so I will follow in your footsteps.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, hybonix said:

Thank you! 🙏  I am going to Costco now to pick up the foam version. I have sensitive skin, so I will not use the liquid dropper. I am excited and a tad nervous though regarding the baggy eye side effect. However, you look great Melvin, so I will follow in your footsteps.

I haven’t noticed any differences at all in terms of aging.

20 minutes ago, Peter Reddy said:

I am on Propecia 1Mg/alternative days from last 1 year . No side effects . On and Off on Minoxidil Foam . Very difficult . Itchy , Hair structure changes . Here is what some of the reputed doctors preferences what I understood based on various notes 

1. Dr Ron Shapiro ( After HT , Doctor advise is to use  Propecia and Oral form of Minoxidil ( Loniten)

2. Dr Konair ( Only Propecia . Does not believe any other medicines including Exossomes . There is wonder drug other than HT and Propecia . )

3. Dr Hasson Wong ( . Prefers - Tropical Propecia than Oral Propecia . )

4. Dr C ( Preferes Tropical form of 5% Minoxidil and 1% Propecia from Compounded Pharmacy ) 

I also came through many preferring on Dutasteride, which works much better than both Propecia . However both Dutasteride and Loniten (Oral Minoxidil) are not FDA approved to be used for Hair and come with lot more side effects .  I am off on Tropical Minoxidil -very painful to use just remaining on Propecia 

I’m actually in the process of creating a video on YouTube, I can’t find loniten anywhere. I have the script, do you know what pharmacy carries it?

View my thread

@Melvin-ModeratorMy only concern starting minoxidil now is that there will be lots of shedding in the first couple of months. Should I wait to start rogaine until 6 months have passed to see the true results of my transplant? I am slightly worried that minoxidil will destroy my progress so far and have a lackluster 6 month update.

Edited by hybonix

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Peter Reddy said:

All pharmacies carry Generic Brand of Lonitin ( I got from Costco ) . But after going through the big box caution on side effects . I stopped using it . 

I’ve been asking for minoxidil. So maybe I’ll ask for loniten.

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, hybonix said:

@Melvin-ModeratorMy only concern starting minoxidil now is that there will be lots of shedding in the first couple of months. Should I wait to start rogaine until 6 months have passed to see the true results of my transplant? I am slightly worried that minoxidil will destroy my progress so far and have a lackluster 6 month update.

It shouldn’t affect your growth, if anything it will stimulate faster growth. 

View my thread

On 1/27/2021 at 1:39 PM, Peter Reddy said:

Melvin : what is the thoughts on Oral Minoxidil ( Lonitin ) or Dutasteride which says more effective than Propecia . But both are big box warinibg medications and not approved for hair 

SMG is recommending oral minoxidil, but I honestly do not want unwanted hair growth on other body parts. It will be noticeable as I am naturally hairless, which I prefer to maintain. I will try topical minoxidil once I run out of my current supply of hair growth product.