Could somebody please provide feedback on how my new hairline and density is after HT?

Nikhil Govind

It was a small 1000 graft FUT. First pic is after 16 days. 2nd and 3rd pic is right after the surgery. fourth one is 2 days later. Fifth one is after 12 days. I would love any feedback on how  the hairline and density and the overall result of the HT is. Thank you!136999143_IMG_2097(1).thumb.jpeg.fb4c0abd05550e4708cd71c2205fbf25.jpeg

IMG_1976.jpeg

IMG_1981.jpeg

IMG_1985.jpeg

IMG_2065.jpeg

Edited by Nikhil Govind

You're kidding right? I feel so bad for you. First of all, let's accept that whoever your surgeon was is an unethical piece of shit. I'm assuming someone in India? You're clearly thinning in the middle of your scalp yet the grafts were only placed in the front. 1000 grafts from a FUT? If you're gonna go through the pain of a FUT you need to at least get 2k grafts from it. Also, you're only two weeks out..there's no judging results at this stage. You won't know how you're progressing until the 5 month mark. But You have thinning all over your head so I don't understand what putting some grafts in the front is going to do..anyways, good luck.

• Administrators

Looks like it’s not densely packed, it’s too soon to call it a failure, you may end up happy. I don’t know what your expectations are to begin with, who was the surgeon? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would think that you needed a lot more grafts than a 1000 to fill that kind of area. I don’t believe it’s going to be enough density.
But if it grows ok it’s not exactly a waste of grafts. Just expect you will need more grafts in future to give adequate coverage. 
Please do give more details of who you chose etc. Have you got a pic of your FUT scar? 

Not enough grafts to get high density in the area thats outlined, however you could get coverage and like Melvin said that may be something you will be happy with. Overall I have to echo the comments stated previously that the planning wasn't the best as you do have some other areas to address. Stay patient and wait this out, in the meantime continue researching and saving for the future. 

22 hours ago, Kruchie said:

I saw you post about this HT elsewhere.

Paying $475 for a HT is crazy, and people think Turkey is cheap 😅.

For the price you paid, I think you did pretty well, good luck healing.

Wait, what ? How on earth is that even possible. Turkey is no longer the best “nice price” 😂

Here in the Uk that would get you about 122 grafts ! 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Kruchie said:

I saw you post about this HT elsewhere.

Paying $475 for a HT is crazy, and people think Turkey is cheap 😅.

For the price you paid, I think you did pretty well, good luck healing.

Paying $475 for a hair transplant, you’re lucky to be alive! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 main issues here:

1. This area will definitely need at least 2000 grafts if not a bit more to achieve a nice density (if that was your aim). 

2. You do have thinning areas that were not addressed at the time of surgery it seems.

It is too early to make assumptions as your hair calibre and quality might make up for any reduced density and you might end up being happy with the overall result. It is also not a failure to go for a second procedure if more density is needed. So hopefully these grafts grow well. 

3. It is really hard to justify or even explain the price as other members commented. 

Best of luck. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

27 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

n a 12 pack of beer for my journey .. 

Really, before/after or both? I was told no booze a week prior since alcohol thins the blood, could effect bleeding. Seen some less restrictive pre-op instructions online for up to a few days.

Sorry I’m not a good example ..  but I had to treat it as a two day vacation in Canada . Couldn’t be stuck in the hotel room sober . 😁 I didn’t bleed much . N yep , I dranked before n after surgery , not much just a few beers . Enough to pass the time . 

• Valued Contributor

As has been said it's too early to give a real appraisal on your hair transplant. And even if there is no density you can have (and will need) another procedure. Also are you on finasteride to try and stabilize your hair loss? What really worries me though isn't just the back yard surgeon who did this (though as Melvin stated you really are lucky to be alive) is that it cost $475. Because that tells me that you won't be able to afford another surgery to finish the job and/or correct the results with a qualified hair transplant surgeon. Just wait and see and wishing you all the best!

First, do not panic from some of the negative comments. 1000 grafts for an FUT is not a lot in 2020 but for many years that was not an unusual number of grafts so you are within the realm of reason. Better too few than too many, IMHO. 2nd it does not look bad and you just have to wait and see how it turns out. 

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

This looks like it's growing OK for 4 months. It may end up needing a little more density, but at least the grafts are growing and it doesn't look like a botch job. Let's see how much it thickens up over the next few months.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

I agree doesn’t look too bad at all.

View my thread