The Best Transplant Results I have ever seen, is this legit?

16 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

Zarev just posted in his IG part of his presentations at the GHLS 2020.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ4YD1LDCGR/?igshid=16s9iru9c91w3

Very interesting and gives us a more detailed look on how he operates, definitely worth viewing it!

This was interesting to watch.

Also, a very professional doctor, spends two hours planning the procedure and takes all the shots himself. Very nice to see. And there's a machine that counts the grafts! Wow. That is news to me. 

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

This was interesting to watch.

Also, a very professional doctor, spends two hours planning the procedure and takes all the shots himself. Very nice to see. And there's a machine that counts the grafts! Wow. That is news to me. 

Man seems like he had the results and the science to back it. I'm afraid he will become a Couto soon and the waiting lines will become endless!

• Administrators

I don’t think there’s anything else to say.

E411B6AF-60AE-42A6-B332-9D4C4F870A62.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

24 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t think there’s anything else to say.

E411B6AF-60AE-42A6-B332-9D4C4F870A62.png

This is very anti climax Melvin, I understand someone needs to act like an adult around us kids in this thread but please comment about the video too lol

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

He is using tweezers like the other doctors so he is not using vacuum to pull out the grafts as we thought

image.png.23056788f0d636e6982fb341bf2d9144.png

I think the whole DHI has been hyped up to the point of being a selling point. Using forceps has been around for decades. Some of the best clinics use this technique, hasson and wong does for example. But again, dissecting a video, it’s hard to say these techniques are revolutionary.

But you don’t have to reinvent the wheel to get good results, which is what I’ve been saying, and even Dr. Zarev said what I said earlier in this thread, which is a good sign. 

Another surgeon may have played on the “god” status he’s been receiving, instead of being truthful. Glad to see he told the truth. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

11 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I think the whole DHI has been hyped up to the point of being a selling point. Using forceps has been around for decades. Some of the best clinics use this technique, hasson and wong does for example. But again, dissecting a video, it’s hard to say these techniques are revolutionary.

But you don’t have to reinvent the wheel to get good results, which is what I’ve been saying, and even Dr. Zarev said what I said earlier in this thread, which is a good sign. 

Another surgeon may have played on the “god” status he’s been receiving, instead of being truthful. Glad to see he told the truth. 

Dr. Zarev never came across as a "salesman" doctor or caring too much about marketing (at least in my opinion). If you look at this YT videos they are pretty dull, no musics or special effects, but the cases he presents are extremely well documented. 

He does even the anesthesia injections himself, and which doesn't seem so smart in a purely business point of view but it goes to show where his priorities are.

Edited by JohnBob

So he says he uses a vacuum assisted technique that he developed to harvest the donor area, but we now also know that he uses tweezers to pull the hairs out. So does it mean he uses vacuum as a replacement for the punch part? I'm confused. 

Also, did you guys notice the blurred out the device he is using to do the extraction "punches" (or whatever thing he is doing)?

Edited by JohnBob

I dont personally know Dr. Zarev but he seems to be delivering impressive results based on what is posted. Nonetheless, in fairness to other doctors around, I haven’t seen anything extremely revolutionary in the video. It takes many doctors 1.5-2 hours to shave, discuss and draw and plan the procedure. Our extractions rarely start before 10 while the patient is in by 8 am. Many doctors including myself give the anesthesia and even shave and take photos ourselves. I think planning is an extremely important step and anyone working in a surgical field should be aware of that. It just feels right to get into your car and make sure your seat and mirrors are adjusted before driving. 
From a technical point of view I did notice some things that I would personally disagree with. The first is a “single” foreceps extraction which can work in some cases but to me using two forceps is always less forceful on the grafts. The other point is the lack of magnification during extraction and during the techs sorting the grafts. I think magnification is extremely important and I just wonder why this is not used- for both quality control and also not to strain the operators vision. 

• Like 4

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I dont personally know Dr. Zarev but he seems to be delivering impressive results based on what is posted. Nonetheless, in fairness to other doctors around, I haven’t seen anything extremely revolutionary in the video. It takes many doctors 1.5-2 hours to shave, discuss and draw and plan the procedure. Our extractions rarely start before 10 while the patient is in by 8 am. Many doctors including myself give the anesthesia and even shave and take photos ourselves. I think planning is an extremely important step and anyone working in a surgical field should be aware of that. It just feels right to get into your car and make sure your seat and mirrors are adjusted before driving. 
From a technical point of view I did notice some things that I would personally disagree with. The first is a “single” foreceps extraction which can work in some cases but to me using two forceps is always less forceful on the grafts. The other point is the lack of magnification during extraction and during the techs sorting the grafts. I think magnification is extremely important and I just wonder why this is not used- for both quality control and also not to strain the operators vision. 

Doctor, thank you for your analysis and feedback! Being able to read the qualified opinion of other physicians participating in this forum is such a privilege. 

Indeed nothing revolutionary is shown in that video just a doctor that appears to be very diligent. 

In the screenshot Melvin posted of Dr. Zarev's Instagram he was asked about the lack of magnifying glasses and he answered that he doesn't need them, but I find that strange too. 

Regarding the double forceps, maybe that's a suggestion that could be forwarded to him (in the right context, of course).

One thing that is worth being noted is that he may be using device totally different from the standards to "lose" de FUs on the scalp before pulling them out. He is blurring the video as to not allow us to see what kind of device he is using but if I would guess he is using some suction for that since that is in line with "AVA technique" he claims to be using. 

Edited by JohnBob

@JohnBob If you watch the video closely, you will see he uses the blurred out tool to sort of dislodge the grafts.

Then, when they are loose, he manually extracts them with tweezers.

This is perhaps because too much suction can damage the graft and surrounding tissue. It seems you need to do just the right amount to be able to take the graft out gently.

Edited by asterix0
  • Like 1

Thankyou for posting this link - I found the video presentation highly intriguing, and the cleanliness of the work is like nothing I have ever seen post op before. 

My question to any doctor or clinic or forum user who critiques Dr Zarev’s techniques or procedures would be; ‘show me your best NW6 transformations, and then we can compare’. 

And that’s not a dig at them. It’s a genuinely valid question that I feel needs answering - because I, and many others have never seen transformations like this before. 

I completely accept the patients are exceptional candidates with their donor densities and hair characteristics, but it’s unreasonable to suggest any surgeon worth his salt m, who has been in the game for over 5 years just hasn’t had the luxury of working on a patient who presents themselves as such, because they are hardly unicorns. Yes, above average. But not so totally rare for it to be once in a blue moon to hit it out the park.  

I guess what I’m saying is results should do the talking, and I find myself hard pressed to take on board certain critiques of various methods used, when the surgeon in question is showcasing results far superior than the vast majority of renowned surgeons across the globe. 

Patient posted reviews always gain higher credibility IMO , but in this instance, the clinic posted results are better than any other clinics results that I have seen. 

So why is that? 

• Like 3

On 1/12/2021 at 7:05 PM, JohnBob said:

So he says he uses a vacuum assisted technique that he developed to harvest the donor area, but we now also know that he uses tweezers to pull the hairs out. So does it mean he uses vacuum as a replacement for the punch part? I'm confused. 

Also, did you guys notice the blurred out the device he is using to do the extraction "punches" (or whatever thing he is doing)?

Probably a smart decision to blurr it out as he would be offering free advertising for someone else.

He also tagged the Atlanta doctor, John C, but I don't think it's one of his instruments.

It's probably something similar to Neograft which was meant to punch the grafts out and them suck them down a pipe and into a holding solution.  Some doctors just use it for the punch, and pull the grafts out afterwards.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, yaki said:

Please take a quick look at the donor and tell me that his AVA method is still no better than the other methods. Minute 4:54

I've never seen post-op work that clean. Amazing work.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I stumbled on this thread about Dr. Zarev, I am a patient of his and I will reach 120 days post op this saturday, I live in Sweden and have documented my results in a swedish forum but I thought why not write something internationally :)

I dont want to make a long thread because there is alot to say (good things) but in short, Dr Zarev is a MACHINE. I am Norwood 6 (or was, not any more :)) , plan was to do 6000 grafts over 3 days, in the end we did 7000 grafts , 3 500 grafts each day, surgery started 11:30 and finished 23:00, both days!!!! thats 10 hours surgery time, We had a 30 min break around 16:30 for me to eat, I honestly dont think Dr Zarev took a break, during that time at all.

When I say he is a machine, he did every part of the surgery, no one touched my head exept him, from taking pictures, shaving, to washing, to anesthesia, PRP, extracting, inplanting, the assistans only prepared the grafts.

Plan is that if I dont feel satisfied with the final result of the 7000 grafts, we are to do another 2000-2500 grafts as my total donor capacity is around 9 500 grafts, but there are many factors that Dr Zarev takes in consideration while calculating the amount of donor capacity, very indivdual and not everyone can do high numbers like this.

Picures you see are before surgery (obviously) and at day 30, i will be taking new pictures this saturday, the yellow background that you see was provided by Dr Zarev for me to take home and hang up when taking pictures at home as he uses a yellow background.

Also at the 90 days I wanted to try and see how I would look like with skin fade on the sides/back after 7000 grafts, I must say, for 7000 grafts......not bad, (a trained eye might see something)

Tell me what you guys think.

Hope this helps all my Norwood 6/7 brothers, there is hope.

EDIT: maybe it is better to start my own thread instead of spamming this one  i have removed the pictures, i will upload them again in the new thread. 

Edited by HugoX
  • Like 3

Amazing work. Looking at the way your sides are and crown drops I would say your more Norwood 7. 
You already showing a massive change at this early stage. So pleased to see his work on the forum. 
It would be great if you could start a new thread and post your journey ? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, HugoX said:

Hi Guys,

I stumbled on this thread about Dr. Zarev, I am a patient of his and I will reach 120 days post op this saturday, I live in Sweden and have documented my results in a swedish forum but I thought whu not write something internationally :)

I dont want to make a long thread because there is alot to say (good things) but in short, Dr Zarev is a MACHINE. I am Norwood 6 (or was, not any more :)) , plan was to do 6000 grafts over 3 days, in the end we did 7000 grafts , 3 500 grafts each day, surgery started 11:30 and finished 23:00, both days!!!! thats 10 hours surgery time, We had a 30 min break around 16:30 for me to eat, I honestly dont think Dr Zarev took a break, during that time at all.

When I say he is a machine, he did every part of the surgery, no one touched my head exept him, from taking pictures, shaving, to washing, to anesthesia, PRP, extracting, inplanting, the assistans only prepared the grafts.

Plan is that if I dont feel satisfied with the final result of the 7000 grafts, we are to do another 2000-2500 grafts as my total donor capacity is around 9 500 grafts, but there are many factors that Dr Zarev takes in consideration while calculating the amount of donor capacity, very indivdual and not everyone can do high numbers like this.

Picures you see are before surgery (obviously) and at day 30, i will be taking new pictures this saturday, the yellow background that you see was provided by Dr Zarev for me to take home and hang up when taking pictures at home as he uses a yellow background.

Also at the 90 days I wanted to try and see how I would look like with skin fade on the sides/back after 7000 grafts, I must say, for 7000 grafts......not bad, (a trained eye might see something)

Tell me what you guys think.

Hope this helps all my Norwood 6/7 brothers, there is hope.

before 1.PNG

before 2.PNG

before 3.PNG

before 4.PNG

before 5.PNG

day 90_1.PNG

day 90_2.PNG

day 90_3.PNG

day 90_4.PNG

day 90_5.PNG

Can you start a separate thread and share your pictures month to month?

• Like 1

View my thread